PDA

View Full Version : WWE PPV Locations for 2016 announced - Toronto gets first ppv in a decade

slik
05-20-2016, 09:53 AM
PWInsider (http://www.pwinsider.com/article/102113/wwe-ppv-dates-and-cities-through-end-of-2016.html?p=1) (and confirmed by Dave Meltzer on Twitter), is reporting the next 6 WWE PPV locations! Here is what they are reporting:

WWE Money in the Bank in Las Vegas – June 19th 2016
WWE Battleground in Washington, DC – July 24th 2016.
WWE Summerslam in Brooklyn, NY – August 21st 2016.
WWE Night of Champions in Indianapolis, Indiana – September 25th 2016.
WWE Hell in A Cell in Boston, MA – October 30th 2016.
WWE Survivor Series in Toronto – November 20th 2016
WWE TLC in Pittsburgh – December 18th 2016.

Mercenary
05-20-2016, 09:55 AM
Well guess I know where I'm going in October

Big Vic
05-20-2016, 10:27 AM
Wonder if BattleGround will continue its trend of being a subpar PPV.

Outsider
05-20-2016, 12:34 PM
Decade?

We've been waiting since Summer 1992 :mad:

SlickyTrickyDamon
05-20-2016, 02:04 PM
Decade?

Was NXT TakeOver London not good enough?! Thats all you six hour ahead blokes will get!

Fignuts
05-20-2016, 07:04 PM
When do survivor series tickets usually go on sale?

Simple Fan
05-20-2016, 07:37 PM
Decade?

Was NXT TakeOver London not good enough?! Thats all you six hour ahead blokes will get!

Rebellion and Insurrextion took place in England for a few years up until 2002.

SlickyTrickyDamon
05-20-2016, 07:51 PM
When do survivor series tickets usually go on sale?

In 2010 they went on sale in June.

Mr. Nerfect
05-20-2016, 10:32 PM
* I like Money in the Bank being in Las Vegas. The whole gambling element ties into it well. I hope they play up the Vegas feels.

* A July PPV being in Washington, D.C. makes sense. I wish they'd bring back The Great American Bash though. And I'm not American.

* Does Indianapolis get many PPVs? It might be a hot crowd if they are usually deprived. Night of Champions needs to go as a yearly fixture though. They've got five titles. I hate the whole "not everything needs to be a title match" shtick, because you have the same thing going on with Extreme Rules. Run Night of Champions shows as WWE Network specials, sure, but turn NoC into something else. Fall Brawl or Unforgiven work well for me. Or a new name. Whatever.

* Hell in a Cell is usually a pretty good show, oddly enough, but it sucks as a PPV concept. The feuds never warrant it. The shows are usually good *around* the Cell concept. I'd love Halloween Havoc to make a comeback, but apparently they don't own the rights or something. Bring back No Mercy because it at least has the nostalgia of the Attitude era and that sick video game.

* Survivor Series in Toronto should be hot.

* TLC is a PPV gimmick that needs to go too. Bring back Starrcade and give it this feel of a year-end major conclusion before the Rumble starts and the Road to WrestleMania begins. Or bring back Armageddon, because it at least has this "this is the end" at the end of the year thing. And Attitude-era nostalgia.

Cool King
05-22-2016, 11:55 AM
Rebellion and Insurrextion took place in England for a few years up until 2002.

I miss those PPV's. I always really enjoyed them and the events always had a completely different feel to them compared to Raw, SmackDown and the other PPV's.

I would love it if they returned. In fact, I would rather have Rebellion and Insurrextion back in instead of the UK Raw and SmackDown we get every April and November.

Insurrextion in April and Rebellion in November would be good, with the events also not being exclusive to England as they were before, as since then the other three countries of the UK have built larger arenas, and with the WWE Network, the events could also be live.

drave
05-22-2016, 12:04 PM
Indy does not get a lot of PPV's. Though I think there was a PPV in the last year or two but I couldn't make it.

Stoked for this and really want to take my son. Took him to RAW last June and he went nuts. We were front row on the lower level and he was yelling at everyone the entire evening standing on his chair. He was over as fuck with the entire section and it was just the best.

Evil Vito
05-23-2016, 03:07 PM
Kinda shocked that Toronto hasn't had a PPV in that long.