PDA

View Full Version : What is it about Bayley?

Simple Fan
07-25-2016, 09:35 AM
After her debut last night (that made no sense) I'm just wondering why everyone is so high on her. She is not all that good in the ring and looked a little clumsy last night. She's not that good on the mic either in my opinion. She's not even hot, looks like a 18 year old girl with acne. So what is it that makes all of you like her so much. Is it just because she's from NXT and has been over hyped? I'm just not sold on her and her debut didn't really do anything to change that.

Simple Fan
07-25-2016, 09:42 AM
And can someone please explain why she debuted last night? It made no sense and doesn't do anything for the Sasha/Charlotte story line. Feel like they did it just to appease NXT fans for not drafting her. I could also understand her being Sashas partner if she got drafted but that's not the case and it just ruined her real call up in my opinion.

Mercenary
07-25-2016, 09:57 AM
Look what you did. You made Izzy cry

https://38.media.tumblr.com/9ed81ffa23aacd0d208bed7c14e34026/tumblr_nvw2k9aWLN1sj4xr4o5_500.gif

Simple Fan
07-25-2016, 09:59 AM
Is that her daughter?

SlickyTrickyDamon
07-25-2016, 09:59 AM
Simple is a terrible person. Izzy for Hall Of Fame Class of 2056.

SlickyTrickyDamon
07-25-2016, 10:01 AM
If you don't know Izzy, you don't know Bayley and don't have enough to judge her. Get your ass to WWE Network and watch all NXT episodes available.

Simple Fan
07-25-2016, 10:02 AM
Nothing terrible about this thread. No one has answered the question though so I'm pretty sure she's just another over hyped NXT talent.

Mercenary
07-25-2016, 10:03 AM
I won't be an asshole like STD is being, but Izzy is the Bayley super fan as they say

Simple Fan
07-25-2016, 10:06 AM
If you don't know Izzy, you don't know Bayley and don't have enough to judge her. Get your ass to WWE Network and watch all NXT episodes available.

I've seen Bayley on the Takeover specials and have never really been impressed with her. I usually skip most of NXT weekly shows and only watch the former TNA, ROH, and Indy guys. What I have seen of her has not impressed me to the level of you guys.

SlickyTrickyDamon
07-25-2016, 10:07 AM
This thread is terrible. We don't need another Gertner since Gertner has left. Calling female wrestlers out for their looks.

Simple Fan
07-25-2016, 10:18 AM
Didn't call her out, she's an average looking woman. Was just wondering if her looks were something that people liked about her because she is no Becky Lynch.

screech
07-25-2016, 10:19 AM
I love the gimmick (as creepy as it is to see fat dudes wearing "I'M A HUGGER" shirts). The upbeat personality, the tube men, the never-say-die attitude - I think it's all great. But I also watch NXT every week.

I'm not sure how well it will translate to THE BIG TIME, but I enjoy watching her nonetheless.

Simple Fan
07-25-2016, 10:24 AM
This thread is terrible. We don't need another Gertner since Gertner has left. Calling female wrestlers out for their looks.

In no way am I trying to be Gertner. Bayley seems to have a lot of fans on this forum and I'm not one of them at the moment. If your really a Bayley fan you'd be telling me everything that you find great about her and not being a duche about it. It's a Bayley thread and your the one who said it was terrible.

Simple Fan
07-25-2016, 10:28 AM
I love the gimmick (as creepy as it is to see fat dudes wearing "I'M A HUGGER" shirts). The upbeat personality, the tube men, the never-say-die attitude - I think it's all great. But I also watch NXT every week.

I'm not sure how well it will translate to THE BIG TIME, but I enjoy watching her nonetheless.

That's another thing, I'm not sure the Hugger gimmick works as well on the main roster but I could be wrong.

screech
07-25-2016, 10:30 AM
Kids love her, which will help. But she's certainly allowed more...interaction I guess, on NXT than she'd get on RAW/SD.

Simple Fan
07-25-2016, 10:35 AM
Would she be a good heel,? If she made her real debut and denounced the hugging could it work? She just seems to nice to me.

screech
07-25-2016, 10:37 AM
She wouldn't be the first to never turn.

SlickyTrickyDamon
07-25-2016, 10:38 AM
Ricky the Dragon Steamboat. :y:

SlickyTrickyDamon
07-25-2016, 10:39 AM
Bayley only hugging the worthy would make her a good heel. Bayley hugs herself to massive boos.

Simple Fan
07-25-2016, 10:44 AM
Feel like this promo shows how far behind Sasha she is. Just doesn't seem natural when she speaks.
n_0Q__Sj7ac

Shisen Kopf
07-25-2016, 10:48 AM
She's weird looking

http://i0.wp.com/lylesmoviefiles.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/WWE-Bayley-figure-review-main-pic.jpg?resize=800%2C445

Maluco
07-25-2016, 11:45 AM
Her offence looked awful after the hot tag. Clumsy and weak, but I really enjoyed her match with Asuka at one of the takeovers I watched.

I think a large part of her popularity is found in the fact that she is a feel good personality with a feel good story and when you look at the news, that is no bad thing in 2016.

She also has Bryan's everyman/woman schtick. She is just a fan who worked hard and is trying to realise her dream. She is not the best wrestler, she is not the best looking, she is a little clumsy, but she is cute and tenacious and gives it everything she has. People can relate to that.

Cool King
07-25-2016, 12:17 PM
Nothing terrible about this thread. No one has answered the question though so I'm pretty sure she's just another over hyped NXT talent.

First time I saw her in a match was last night.

I think she's ok, but she is slightly on the over hyped side. Then again, she is from NXT and to me, I feel that a lot of NXT guys/gals are over hyped.

So far, in my opinion, the only NXT guy who's lived up to their hype since joining the main roster is Big Cass.

Droford
07-25-2016, 12:25 PM
Bayley only hugging the worthy would make her a good heel. Bayley hugs herself to massive boos.

You're unhuggable so I'm forcin you to hug me

Hug life

Ruien
07-25-2016, 12:31 PM
She is just another NXT over hyped wrestler. Nothing special about her so far. Only one who is special so far is Owens out of all the NXT call ups so far. Neville being the worst.

Ruien
07-25-2016, 12:32 PM
Wait, Enzo and Cass are damn amazing too.

BigCrippyZ
07-25-2016, 12:36 PM
Enzo and Cass are definitely over, Enzo more so, it seems. I don't know if I'd say they're amazing yet though. Just my opinion though.

Cool King
07-25-2016, 12:44 PM
I don't know.

They are over, there's no denying that, but to me they seem to be over in different departments.

Enzo is over when it comes to the mic and Cass is over when in the ring.

Whenever I've seen Enzo in a match, he just constantly gets his ass handed to him. It's not really a good look for him, so to speak, for him to be that good on the mic only for him to be that bad in the ring. Basically, he just comes across a being "all talk".

Cass on the other hand is great in the ring but he is also pretty good on the mic too.

Cool King
07-25-2016, 12:45 PM
And by "that bad in the ring", I mean him getting his ass handed to him.

Simple Fan
07-25-2016, 12:48 PM
I think they really need to stay together. They could even be singles competitors but always be a duo. I really want to how Enzo and Cass would be like as heels. Wouldn't turn them now but down the line I'd like to see it.

Heisenberg
07-25-2016, 12:54 PM
http://www.wrestling123.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/Chris-Jericho-Holding-to-Mic.jpg

"Quiet"

"Quiet"

"Quiet"

"Quiet"

"Quiet"

"Quiet"

"QUIET!!!"

Back to Bayley, she is more than able to be a heel figure, but that would throw away all the build of her being a merch beacon

weather vane
07-25-2016, 02:08 PM
Bayley just has it. If you can move the crowd like that it is all that matters. Enzo and Cass have it too.

Ruien
07-25-2016, 02:48 PM
Well, we will see if she can move the crowd a month after her official call up.

Emperor Smeat
07-25-2016, 03:25 PM
WWE could have done a better job than to just debut her in a meaningless tag match but a lot about her character and skills shows up better by watching NXT shows. Same for almost all the NXT call-ups where a lot about them is missing unless you follow NXT because of how bad the WWE usually is at building or developing them on the main roster.

If you want a match that shows her real potential and why people are high on Bayley being a star, the match she had against Sasha at TakeOver: Brooklyn is the best example.

KIRA
07-25-2016, 05:01 PM
Bayley is...okay I get why people like her same with Sasha Banks
However just you wait there is NOTHING over hyped about Asuka. She is going kill people.

Heisenberg
07-25-2016, 05:19 PM
Asuka is the female embodiment of pain and suffering. I hope she works stiff with the trash and ends them

DAMN iNATOR
07-25-2016, 05:41 PM
She just is confident being herself and seems to be a great storyteller in the ring.

James Steele
07-25-2016, 11:47 PM
Bayley is the potential John Cena of the women's division. Happy, upbeat, never give up, kid friendly baby face.

SlickyTrickyDamon
07-25-2016, 11:53 PM
WWE could have done a better job than to just debut her in a meaningless tag match but a lot about her character and skills shows up better by watching NXT shows. Same for almost all the NXT call-ups where a lot about them is missing unless you follow NXT because of how bad the WWE usually is at building or developing them on the main roster.

If you want a match that shows her real potential and why people are high on Bayley being a star, the match she had against Sasha at TakeOver: Brooklyn is the best example.

Not a meaningless tag team match at all. It gave Sasha the title match tonight and now she is champion.

Simple Fan
07-26-2016, 12:04 AM
Which made her about as meaningful as Dana Brooke.

BigCrippyZ
07-26-2016, 12:05 AM
It's all about that ass.

Honestly, I don't get it either. She's just a generic, happy go lucky babyface. She's not bad or anything but I've seen nothing special about her.

Mr. Nerfect
07-26-2016, 02:34 AM
I'm not the biggest fan of her, but I also haven't been the biggest fan of Sasha Banks either. That being said, Sasha was the common link between some great women's matches last year. But then she also slapped her leg when she went for a kick and forgot to kick one time.

In NXT, the girls get to choreograph their shit more. Sasha vs. Becky and Sasha vs. Bayley were two of the more emotional matches of last year, but the women's division would need to be booked like that on the main roster, and it isn't.

Bayley is a good participant in most of the things she's involved in, and she connects well with people. You can ask why she does, but she does. What was it about a tanned walrus looking motherfucker that people liked in Hulk Hogan? What was it about a bald redneck guy in Stone Cold Steve Austin? People do like Bayley, even if she'll always pale in comparison to Becky Lynch as far as I'm concerned.

Mongo Lloyd
07-28-2016, 10:17 PM
She has a busted fucking face but huge titties. I'm pretty sure they sag, but not sure. She's even for now

Mr. Nerfect
07-29-2016, 03:07 AM
Mongo Lloyd has spoken.

Fignuts
07-29-2016, 05:33 AM
She is average on the mic. Above average in the ring, and can even have great matches with the right people.

But she knows how to emotionally connect with the audience, which is the most important attribute in the wwe.

XL
07-29-2016, 03:16 PM
She's got the same kind of connection that Daniel Bryan had at the end of his career; she's not your typical superstar/Diva who has dedicated their life to becoming a wrestler and she's achieving dreams every time she goes out there. What's not to like about that story?

Ruien
07-29-2016, 09:10 PM
She's got the same kind of connection that Daniel Bryan had at the end of his career; she's not your typical superstar/Diva who has dedicated their life to becoming a wrestler and she's achieving dreams every time she goes out there. What's not to like about that story?

We literally got that with Charlette, Sahsa, and Becky. It's meh now.

XL
07-30-2016, 05:07 AM
You didn't.

You got the "making their dreams come true" part. But all three of those other women are more typical "Diva"-looking than Bayley.

DAMN iNATOR
07-30-2016, 05:09 AM
Pretty much. It seems there's people who either get what she and her gimmick are all abouy or they don't. There's no middle ground.

Wishbone
07-30-2016, 07:13 AM
We literally got that with Charlette, Sahsa, and Becky. It's meh now.

No, you really didn't. Charlotte and Sasha were both people that everyone expected to become champions from day one. Even the announcers constantly let us know that this would be the case. They looked the part, acted the part, and pretty much were already made as superstars from day one. It's basically what you see with a guy like John Cena or Randy Orton. No matter how much they wanted it or worked for it their rise to the top will never mean as much because it was expect of them. As for Becky, well, she hasn't had her moment yet. She's basically lost everything she's been involved with since her call-up, and is still someone's bitch over on Smackdown where she should be the top babyface of the division.

Wishbone
Anyway to answer the OP: Bayley is great because she connects with people. She has that same intangible quality that made Daniel Bryan so great. She's not your typical superstar. She's someone that no one expects to succeed, and in fact she's someone most people expect to fail. She doesn't have the look or attitude of your typical superstar. She had nothing going for her from the beginning but somehow she's still managed to climb to the top, and she did so without compromising who she really is. It's a feelgood story that any everyday kinda guy or gal can relate to and get behind. We love Bayley because we ARE Bayley. Also it doesn't hurt that she can put on great "big matches," and her gimmick is a breath of fresh air in a world where everything always has to be so serious and any showing of a more playful and childish side in adulthood is seen as taboo.

Mercenary
When someone is doing their trash talking, and Bayley is over there trying not to laugh.....yeah stay in nxt you hack

Mr. Nerfect
07-30-2016, 08:35 PM
She is average on the mic. Above average in the ring, and can even have great matches with the right people.

But she knows how to emotionally connect with the audience, which is the most important attribute in the wwe.

This all day long. I like Becky and Sasha more, but at the end of the day, that connection cannot be denied and that is what it is. I think the analysis of her story is a bit much -- every girl seems to get a turn and I don't really see the doubt that she would have been next -- but the way she was presented from a jobber to a champion did create the illusion of progression which helped people bite on.

The more I think about it though, the more I worry about her main roster chances, because HER story has been told in NXT, it's a different audience on the main roster and the illusion won't be there. Her gimmick seems to be a licence to print merchandise, but I thought Tyler Breeze's gimmick was perfectly transferable too.

Anybody Thrilla
08-05-2016, 07:35 PM
And by "that bad in the ring", I mean him getting his ass handed to him.

That's the ENTIRE point of Enzo and Cass. Enzo gets them into fights, and Cass finishes them. That's their dynamic.

Mr. Nerfect
08-05-2016, 07:39 PM
One day, someone will try and get into Cass' head about being held down by Enzo. Cass will beat them up, but then Enzo will turn on Cass.