PDA

View Full Version : The Women need there own show

RP
08-16-2016, 09:15 PM
They have done such a great job with all these women. It's a shame they are trying to mix them in with the men. I would tune in to watch a womans division centric show. So much talent right now. So many good gimmicks. They deserve it. I'm pushing hard. Lets get a womans show. Throw some names for the show out there. This needs to happen. I love all these women. I really do. They are all entertaining to me.

Lock Jaw
08-16-2016, 09:22 PM
I'd watch it. Honestly more into the women stuff more than the men stuff most of the time now.

Simple Fan
08-16-2016, 09:29 PM
Been some rumors of them doing a women's tournament like they are doing with the CWC.

Mr. Nerfect
08-16-2016, 09:31 PM
I actually think that's a good idea. Living in segments, the women don't really have a hierarchy. Well, it's a revolving door. But what do personalities like Paige, Summer Rae and even Naomi get from being away from the spotlight for so long?

Given their own show, you can have the Women's Title, Tag Titles and a secondary title for the women to fight over. I'm sure that is ultimately the plan.

Mr. Nerfect
08-16-2016, 09:34 PM
For God sakes, re-sign Victoria and beg Beth Phoenix to get back into ring shape if she isn't already. Instead of using him as an active wrestler on the main shows, have Stevie Richards serve as a manager for Victoria and a young girl on the women's show. Sign Saraya to have a blood feud with Paige. There's so much you can do.

RP
08-16-2016, 09:52 PM
Not to mention they have Paige on the shelf. I mean, there is so much potential in a woman's show if they put this much effort into it.

Lock Jaw
08-16-2016, 09:53 PM
WWE Paige is injured I think..... facing some "possibly serious issues" or something......

Damian Rey 2.0
08-16-2016, 09:55 PM
Feel like giving the girls the first hour of Raw and having them be exclusive to that show would do wonders.

RP
08-16-2016, 09:58 PM
Feel like giving the girls the first hour of Raw and having them be exclusive to that show would do wonders.

If they are still gunna call it Raw, then no. That would be bad. Give the first hour with there own show, renamed and all. Absolutely . Then follow with a two hour Raw.

Sixx
08-16-2016, 11:23 PM
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naked_Women%27s_Wrestling_League

this

Simple Fan
08-16-2016, 11:32 PM
Ring of Honor has actually started doing Women of Honor tv tapings. Had one last month I don't know if it will continue or not.

Emperor Smeat
08-17-2016, 01:05 AM
A 1 hour show could work out especially if it had its own Creative and WWE being hands-off like NXT is.

Would need more time to build up the current mid-card of the Women's division to make the show successful in the long run though. Smackdown is sort of doing that right now with their division while RAW has been mostly focused on just the Sasha-Charlotte feud for meaningful stuff.

RP
08-17-2016, 01:12 AM
1 hours show before the official RAW would work and make sense considering the amount of time the devote the the women now. It just need a good name and not some stupid name like Divas's or Catfight or something stupid like that. It needs something that is legit to these women. They deserve. They've worked there asses off and the writers are clearly all in on them.

RP
08-17-2016, 01:18 AM
There were two moments i knew i was all in on a woman's show. The first was the last chick on RAW that got smashed by Nya Jaxs. I thought she has some sort of quality that WWE could have worked a 123 kid story with her. The second was last night when Naomi came out with this crazy black light glow in the dark entrance...I love it. I dont know why. I just frigging loved it. Never seen nothing like it. And it looked great. And i honestly had no clue it was a woman until the lights came up. I just plain loved it.

Simple Fan
08-17-2016, 02:12 AM
Never would have thought that Naomi would get a new entrance and it would be better received than The Demon King the night before. Guess that's a win for the women.

KIRA
08-17-2016, 06:50 AM
Alicia Fox would finally finally get to shine as a heel.

(god a face Asuka chasing a heel Alicia for the belt :drool:)

Nicky Fives
08-17-2016, 10:42 AM
It could work, but it would have to be like NXT where multiple weeks are taped at once and then coincide with the few girls that are on the main roster....

Heyman
08-17-2016, 12:00 PM
They have done such a great job with all these women. It's a shame they are trying to mix them in with the men. I would tune in to watch a womans division centric show. So much talent right now. So many good gimmicks. They deserve it. I'm pushing hard. Lets get a womans show. Throw some names for the show out there. This needs to happen. I love all these women. I really do. They are all entertaining to me.

It wouldn't work (i.e. only female wrestling comprising of an entire show). You need to have your fair share of penises in wrestling, if shit's gonna draw. #JimRoss

Destor
08-17-2016, 12:06 PM
Women, like tag teams and other attraction "gimmicks," are best in doses. A show of nothing but and what sets them apart quickly becomes stale. Like the old saying "once you've seen one hot tag you've seen them all" unfortunatly has always translated to womens wrestling as well. Yeah I know "It's 2016 thats so backward" but whatever, it'll hold true at the gate like it always has and it will hold true on buy rates and ad revenue as well.

Simple Fan
08-17-2016, 12:10 PM
Give them male valets.

Sixx
08-17-2016, 12:12 PM
Give them male valets.

cartoonishly gay male valets, please

Destor
08-17-2016, 01:46 PM
Give them male valets.

I'm sold

Frank Drebin
08-17-2016, 02:03 PM
Dalton Castle, baby.

Nicky Fives
08-17-2016, 03:47 PM
while a show with a Becky/Sasha (and the like) main event would be great, the opener of Alicia/Eva Marie does nothing for me.....

Emeye
08-17-2016, 04:58 PM
I actually like this idea, the depth is there, and it would be really interesting to get to see the characters develop. Having more than one meaningful feud at a time, seeing them cut promos, I would definitely tune in. For a one hour show dedicated to the Women's Division, I'd air it before SD as opposed to Raw, that way there's 3 hours each night (even though I'd prefer if it was later in the week like Fridays. We already have the clusterfuck on PPV weeks of 3-4 hours Sunday, 3 hours Monday, and 2 hours Tuesday).

screech
08-17-2016, 05:23 PM

What's Rico doing these days?

Sixx
08-17-2016, 05:29 PM
totally forgot about this dude

Lock Jaw
08-17-2016, 08:45 PM
Do y'all think that in this day of a renewed brand split and brand specific PPVs coming, we will see a women's match main event a PPV? To do it on an NXT special is one thing, but a WWE PPV would be yuge

Nicky Fives
08-17-2016, 08:49 PM
Only way I'd ever see it happening was at a royal rumble, after the rumble match itself.....good time for a 4 horsewoman 4-way with a rematch for Mania.....

Simple Fan
08-17-2016, 09:01 PM
With the brand split I doubt we'll see a Four Horsewomen fatal four way any time soon. I could see a triple threat of Bayley, Sasha, and Charlotte soon though. As far as main eventing I'm not sure, if the story is right and it actually deserves to be main event I'd be fine with it but if they just throw it in there just to say they main evented then no.

RP
08-17-2016, 09:28 PM
I could book a womens division for a year maybe longer with ease. No joke. You give me what they've established so far and i would make a fucking great wrestling show.

Heyman
08-17-2016, 10:11 PM
What about Women, Cruiserweights, and perhaps another 'segment' occupying an entire show?

While I don't agree with RP that women can carry an entire show by themselves, I would be interested to see how a show consisting of just female wrestlers, Cruiserweights, and perhaps another 'segment' (hosses?) would do.

A show consisting of guys like Sin Cara, Neville, Paige, Charlotte, Big Show, Mark Henry, etc., might be interesting due to the fact that it would hyper-target certain types of fans, while giving CW's and Women far more TV time (a problem that the WWE has wanted to address for year's).

Mr. Nerfect
08-18-2016, 10:58 PM
I think Sasha Banks and Charlotte headline a PPV before the year is out.

DAMN iNATOR
08-18-2016, 11:01 PM
Do y'all think that in this day of a renewed brand split and brand specific PPVs coming, we will see a women's match main event a PPV? To do it on an NXT special is one thing, but a WWE PPV would be yuge

Trish and Lita main evented RAW on December 6, 2004 (SPOILER ALERT: Lita d. Trish (c) for the WWE Women's Championship), so I will certainly never say never (even though I just said it twice...:p).

SlickyTrickyDamon
08-18-2016, 11:36 PM
Lita and Steph main evented for the womans strap.

Ruien
08-19-2016, 08:23 AM
Can never see them having their own show. Can't see it working if they did.

I could see WWE toying with the idea of them main eventing by doing it at the Royal Rumble to see how many people leave/tune out. I could also see the WWE giving the Women their own ppv once to see how that works too.

Mr. Nerfect
08-19-2016, 05:44 PM
I can see them trialing it, but I can't see the WWE ever pulling them from RAW and SmackDown. Not entirely.

Fignuts
08-19-2016, 07:22 PM
While women's wrestling has gained a lot of popularity in the last year, there's definitely not enough support yet to fill a whole show. I think it could happen down the road if wwe builds on the growth they've already achieved, but we're a ways off yet.

And for those saying that an all women show will never work, the last three decades of women's wrestling in Japan says hello.

Sixx
08-19-2016, 07:34 PM
While women's wrestling has gained a lot of popularity in the last year, there's definitely not enough support yet to fill a whole show. I think it could happen down the road if wwe builds on the growth they've already achieved, but we're a ways off yet.

And for those saying that an all women show will never work, the last three decades of women's wrestling in Japan says hello.

they probably sell their panties in vending machines after each show

Fignuts
08-19-2016, 07:35 PM
It's called marketing sixx.

GOD

Fignuts
08-19-2016, 07:35 PM
It's called marketing sixx.

GOD

screech
08-19-2016, 08:30 PM
I was hoping the women would be exclusive to SD, since the cruiserweights will be on RAW. That could be a nice way to test this idea.