PDA

View Full Version : Brock winning by TKO was the worst thing to happen to Orton

RP
08-22-2016, 03:52 PM
There could be no worse outcome. Not even a pin. How can the WWE even plan this? I assume it was planned. Even if Orton was busted open, they could have worked a pin. But a TKO? Wow. Thats so bad. That leaves me wondering where Orton even goes from there. And to think Brock isnt even a full time guy. I mean, this is horrible. This is making me not want to watch wrestling. A simple f5x 2 +pin would have sufficed. This is stupid. Just horrible writing. Horrible everything. How did they fuck this up? I dont even get it. Vince McMahon needs to be removed as owner, because whoever is overseeing this junk is dumb and its him. Get out bro. You're too old. You dont know what you're doing. Finn Balor should not be champion. All this shit is dumb and makes no sense.

Ruien
08-22-2016, 04:00 PM
Isn't as bad as Rollins losing last night.

slik
08-22-2016, 04:12 PM
Balor 4 Life

slik
08-22-2016, 04:13 PM
Seems like Orton vs Lesnar was all a ruse to set-up Shane vs Brock...will Shane vs Brock headline BACKLASH on 9.11.16 or be saved for WM33...

evanbrown
08-22-2016, 04:16 PM
I wish Roman Reigns came out and beat down Lesnar's ass.

evanbrown
08-22-2016, 04:16 PM
Or John Cena.

Simple Fan
08-22-2016, 04:40 PM
Isn't as bad as Rollins losing last night.

Agree and I do t think it was bad for Orton either.

Emperor Smeat
08-22-2016, 04:52 PM
If they wanted a knocked out finish, should have just gone with Lesnar putting Orton in a Kumora Lock and Orton passing out due to pain. A lot more safer than having Lesnar legit bash Orton's skull to cause a blood stoppage.

Even a simple hidden blade job would have been safer than what happened if the goal was to end the match because of blood.

Jordan
08-22-2016, 05:07 PM
Seems like Orton vs Lesnar was all a ruse to set-up Shane vs Brock...will Shane vs Brock headline BACKLASH on 9.11.16 or be saved for WM33...

I think it will be at Survivor Series

RP
08-22-2016, 05:42 PM
Worst Summerslam ever. Totally kill any momentum Orton had. Unreal. He was amazing leading up to this match too. Just so fucking dumb.

Jordan
08-22-2016, 07:26 PM
I totally think you are missing the bigger picture. Does this hurt Orton in anyone's eyes?

Ol Dirty Dastard
08-22-2016, 07:51 PM
lol Randy Orton at this point is about as part time as Brock Lesnar. Stop bitching.

Fignuts
08-22-2016, 07:56 PM
Agree with everything RP, and I'll add that they completely pissed away the chance to have a really memorable match. Instead, brock does brock and dominates orton with one move for 10 minutes, then punches him til the ref stops it.

That's how Lesnar vs Curtis Axel should be booked. Not a dream match between two of the biggest stars of the modern era, at WWE's second biggest event of the year.

Fignuts
08-22-2016, 08:01 PM
I totally think you are missing the bigger picture. Does this hurt Orton in anyone's eyes?

What bigger picture?

And yes it does hurt Orton. Going into this, he was hyped to the moon. A victory, or even a really strong showing against Lesnar would have put him on another level. Smackdown needs guys like that, especially with Cena leaving.

Lock Jaw
08-22-2016, 08:24 PM
WWE has a very short term memory..... a couple of weeks later, a couple of RKOs outta nowhere, and Orton will be like nothing ever happened.

Fignuts
08-22-2016, 08:29 PM
WWE has a short menory. The fans don't. Even if they try to make him look really strong, the fans will remember that he just got his shit pushed in.

Not saying he can't be a credible main eventer anymore, but they had a chance to make Orton into something special, and it wouldn't have hurt Lesnar at all. Now he's just another guy on the roster.

Lock Jaw
08-22-2016, 08:32 PM
Fans will forget easily.

Fans are dumb.

RP
08-22-2016, 08:33 PM
WWE has a very short term memory..... a couple of weeks later, a couple of RKOs outta nowhere, and Orton will be like nothing ever happened.

The key here is " WWE" . The thing is, I " the fan " just dpnt give a shit. Orton got beat up. That's all there is to it. Now they have to build him back up at the expense of a part time worker. Thats really sad. Sad on you WWE. You let everyone down on one of you biggest PPV's. Unreal how they could not see this coming. Even more proof as to why Vince sold stock in WWE. Because its a failing product. Sad day's folks. I'm sorry.

"

Maluco
08-22-2016, 08:43 PM
Is especially stupid when you consider Smackdown roster and how many stars they have

RP
08-22-2016, 09:31 PM
Fans will forget easily.

Fans are dumb.

Just like that first ever Brock vs Randy match the fans forgot.

Emperor Smeat
08-22-2016, 09:49 PM
WWE has a short menory. The fans don't. Even if they try to make him look really strong, the fans will remember that he just got his shit pushed in.

Not saying he can't be a credible main eventer anymore, but they had a chance to make Orton into something special, and it wouldn't have hurt Lesnar at all. Now he's just another guy on the roster.

To counter a bit, Cena got obliterated by Lesnar at Summerslam a couple of years ago and didn't affect his star power at all.

Even if he doesn't get a rematch like Cena did, all he needs is to go through the mid-card a bit or have a high profile feud to regain whatever momentum was lost with the Lesnar fight.

Destor
08-22-2016, 09:58 PM
Worked "mma" is bad for business. This was a mistake

Destor
08-22-2016, 09:59 PM
You end up discrediting the rest of the card by comparison.

Jordan
08-22-2016, 11:28 PM
I think Randy looked strong, he didn't give up, didn't get pinned, sure he got Brock smashed, but nobody is above that. It was a great match. Gonna go watch it again.

Heyman
08-22-2016, 11:54 PM
Just horrible writing. Horrible everything. How did they fuck this up?

While I am always a fan of Brock Lesnar destroying people (especially after his UFC victory), Orton should not have been the opponent for Lesnar.

Here are the facts:

1) John Cena is winding down
2) Roman Reigns is failing as a face
3) Seth Rollins, Dean Ambrose, etc., aren't exactly following in the foot-steps of John Cena in terms of popularity
4) Guys like Kevin Owen and Finn Balor are still too green for that type of spot.

The WWE should have had a vested interest in keeping Orton strong, while giving him John Cena's "torch."

Orton isn't a young man by any means, but he could have had a decent 1-2 year period where he was the "alpha" of the company while guys like Reigns, Rollins, Balor, and Owens rounded out their characters a little.

With Cena winding down and no heir apparent really ready to take over, the WWE could be in a lot of trouble.

Stickman
08-23-2016, 12:34 PM
I just watched the match and it was quite the burial of Orton. I didn't quite see every second of it biut the only offense Orton got in was two rkos and the spike ddt. This is a full time main eventer who got manhandled. I think Orton is super boring but the guy is a pretty good old school type rassler who fans can accept in short spurts as a legitimate champion. Why they would have him annialated seems crazy. Dean Ambrose at least took the fight to Lesnar, Orton did nothing.

I am a fan of Lesnar, the dude is legit. He sells ppv and is believable. But we may not see him for a few months so why they would make Orton look so weak is beyond me. If the plan was to put the belt on Lesnar then fine, but they didn't so what was the point.

On a side note. I would like to see Lesnar change things up. Maybe add in some more variations of suplexes and some slams would be cool. German after german, although dominating, does get a little tiring.

Mr. Nerfect
08-23-2016, 07:05 PM
Agree with Destor's thoughts about worked MMA. Wrestling, in general, is supposed to convince people it is a shoot. If you have fights that "more real" than others? Fuck me.

I haven't watched the match, but the idea of Brock vs. Orton on paper seems mistimed. John Cena is apparently going to be less involved with SmackDown than originally thought. You'd think that they would try not to cannibalize that guy they can put on house shows in order to draw. They now have to bank on their full-timers. Okay, but let's see how that plays out and if Orton isn't beating Styles to get his heat back in a few weeks.

The beating Orton took made me think that it is best to leave him off the Backlash card. If I were to use him, then I'd have him go against someone with a mouth -- someone who can believably take up SmackDown's cause against Randy Orton embarrassing the brand. The Miz is really perfect for that, the only problem is that you need to put the IC Title on Orton in this case.

* Ambrose (c) vs. Styles for the WWE Title
* Shane calls out Brock
* Ziggler vs. Wyatt
* Cena vs. Joe
* Miz (c) vs. Orton for the IC Title)
* Usos vs. Alpha for the Tag Titles
* Lynch vs. Nattie vs. Nikki for the Women's Title
* Corbin vs. Kalisto

Would that card keep you interested?