PDA

View Full Version : What do you see main eventing Survivor Series?

mike adamle
09-24-2016, 09:05 AM
With Kevin Owens as Universal champion and the contender scene the way it is where you can either say we have a lot of contenders or very few contenders, plus the fact that a certain match seems to have lost it's traditional PPV slot, I think Survivor Series will see the return of the Elimination Chamber.

I'd think Kevin Owens will defend the Universal Title against Seth Rollins, Roman Reigns, Sami Zayn, Chris Jericho, and either Rusev, Cesaro, Sheamus, Brock Lesnar, or some random qualifier like Goldust, Mark Henry, Big Cass, Big Show, Big E, or Kofi Kingston as the 6th entrant.

What do you think?

Might even have a WWE Title one too but I hope not.

If they did I'd have AJ Styles defending against Dean Ambrose, John Cena, Randy Orton, The Miz, and either Dolph Ziggler, Bray Wyatt, or if they've really built him back up by then Jack Swagger.

Hopefully we only get one Elimination Chamber though.

Ruien
09-24-2016, 09:18 AM
AJ vs Cena will main event over anything Kevin Owens is involved in.

Simple Fan
09-24-2016, 11:24 AM
Wouldn't mind a Chamber match at Survivor Series. Raw would be the better brand to have one though. Owens, Rollins, Reigns, Sheamus, Jericho, and Zayn would be ok. I'd say Smackdown might have a traditional Survivor Series match. Just not sure who teams with Styles.

mike adamle
09-24-2016, 11:54 AM
AJ vs Cena will main event over anything Kevin Owens is involved in.

I wouldn't mind AJ vs. Cena... but did it main event SummerSlam??

Ruien
09-24-2016, 11:57 AM
Brock did. And it wasn't for the belt at that time. Plus, AJ is the real fucking deal with now in the WWE universe.

Before he was an up and coming pretendor when they faced off. Plus, Cena hit the 16 title mark for extra significance.

Black Widow
09-24-2016, 12:05 PM
Brock vs Rollins,Cena,Owens,Ambrose,Styles and he wins in 5 mins.

Mr. Nerfect
09-24-2016, 08:10 PM
Brock vs. Shane. :shifty:

XL
09-24-2016, 08:11 PM
I'm on board with a Raw EC featuring Owens/Reigns/Rollins/Zayn/Jericho/Rusev as it ties all of their currents angles/allegiances/histories together. Only alternative I might make is to put the winner of Sheamus/Cesaro in there in place of one of the last 3 guys depending on who loses in Jericho/Zayn and Reigns/Rusev at CoC.

I can't really think of anything to do with Cesaro or Sheamus outside of the EC title match. Sheamus could watch from an executive box as he has a title shot in the bag and wants to use it 1-on-1, whilst Cesaro gets into it with Strowman trying to prove himself having lost the Best of 7. Or you have the winner gain a shot at the US Champ and run a Rusev/Cesaro programme (though I can't think of a replacement for Rusev in the EC) or have Reigns win at CoC and Sheamus take the belt under nefarious circumstances against Reigns on a Raw somewhere. But then I can't think of an exciting Sheamus US Champ programme.

Shall we just have Reigns/Rusev take the US Title into the EC match?

SlickyTrickyDamon
09-24-2016, 08:12 PM
A Raw Vs. Smackdown Live 5 on 5 Elimination Match because it doesn't make sense to do it this early.

XL
09-24-2016, 08:17 PM
AJ vs Orton sounds good on the SmackDown side of things.

That means Wyatt loses. Again. I'd either write him off a while (but with Cena and Ambrose away you'd be pretty light on top level talent) or have him target Cena (who is scheduled for Survivor Series despite being on hiatus). Maybe Harper returns at SS to help Wyatt beat Cena, writing him off and giving Cena another big loss to try and bounce back from on his return. Or you could do something with Harper returning and going after Wyatt. A babyface turn for Wyatt might be necessary at this point.

Mr. Nerfect
09-24-2016, 08:21 PM
I think we'll get Styles vs. Orton for the World Title. For some reason, it doesn't feel particularly "main event." I can't put my finger on what it is, but something is missing. But I guess that could potentially headline. Orton's first World Title win came in Toronto, so I can see that being part of the story, but I think the crowd will end up cheering for Styles.

As for what happens on the RAW side? I'm not entirely sure Owens is champion come Survivor Series, as insane as that sounds. He'll definitely keep the belt at Clash of Champions, but if ratings keep dipping, Vince gets itchy or Triple H wants to work Survivor Series, I can see Rollins taking the belt in the Cell and then facing Triple H. That could also headline, even though I think Toronto would consider shitting on the match.

Owens is going to be cheered in Toronto. If he's the defending champion, it'd make sense to put him against someone that is being booed. Roman Reigns would be PERFECT for this. There's the possibiltiy of a "Classic Survivor Series Match" on the RAW side too. Triple H, Kevin Owens, Sheamus, Chris Jericho and...Rusev? vs. Seth Rollins, Roman Reigns, Cesaro, Sami Zayn and...Big Show or Mark Henry?

I'm actually thinking that's what we'll get, given that it makes sense for Triple H to protect his champion, hence the belt isn't on the line, so his greatest enemies all line up to try and knock him down. Rusev and Sheamus are there to take early falls on the heel side, while Show/Henry does that on the face side and its basically a last main event for them. Zayn and Cesaro go and the match comes down to Triple H/Owens/Jericho vs. Rollins/Reigns. Jericho goes and Triple H maybe gets his WrestleMania pin back on Roman Reigns. Rollins battles the two men, beats Triple H, but then maybe loses to Owens because I have a feeling he'll have dropped a few non-title falls heading into the PPV.

Mr. Nerfect
09-24-2016, 08:24 PM
A Raw Vs. Smackdown Live 5 on 5 Elimination Match because it doesn't make sense to do it this early.

:lol:

Mr. Nerfect
09-24-2016, 08:27 PM
I think Brock will be working Survivor Series because they need to set up Brock vs. Shane for the Rumble. Unless their plan is to actually do it at Mania, which I hope isn't the case. Brock will then be wrestling someone. Could a Brock vs. Orton match in Toronto work? Brock wins at the Chicago house show, maybe costs Orton against Wyatt. Orton wants one more match against Brock, Shane tries to help, Orton gets pissy. Brock beats Shane at the Royal Rumble and Orton is all "Did you really think you could do it if I couldn't?" and RKOs Shane setting up a Mania match between them to keep them away from everything else.

Mr. Nerfect
09-24-2016, 08:28 PM
Styles vs. Cena or Styles vs. Wyatt would then go to follow as the World Title match.

XL
09-24-2016, 08:32 PM

You'd have to have some traditional SS tag matches and I've worked through a few different ones including a huge 10 team Raw vs. SmackDown match with The Usos/Slater & Rhyno/The Usos/American Alpha/The Hype Bros vs. The New Day/Enzo & Cass/The Club/The Shining Stars/Golden Truth.

But it does seem a little too soon.

You could go The Usos/The Ascension/The Vaudevillains vs Slater & Rhyno/American Alpha/The Hype Bros, unless you wanted to do a SmackDown Tag Championship match which would probably put The Usos defending against AA. You could put Swagger on the face SS team, and Corbin on the heels to make it 5 v 5. Presuming they can make that programme last until November.

Over on Raw I looked at The New Day (all 3 members)/Enzo & Cass vs. The Club/The Shining Stars/Bo Dallas but that seemed too similar to the SmackDown match. You could do a Raw Tag Title match but I'd be happy to hold off on title matches as it seems there's too many, too often.

Maybe you do the Raw SS match, the SD tag title match, and bump the SD SS match to the Kick Off?

XL
09-24-2016, 08:35 PM
Totally forgot about Hell In A Cell, is that a Raw show?

Mr. Nerfect
I think they do a RAW SS tag main event, AJ defending the World Title, a Brock match, a SD Women's SS tag, a RAW Women's Title match, a RAW Tag Title match, and an IC Title match.

Mr. Nerfect
Totally forgot about Hell In A Cell, is that a Raw show?

Yep. I imagine that Rollins is screwed at Clash of Champions and the Cell is brought in (right on schedule) to prevent shenanigans -- Owens vs. Rollins. If he were facing anyone, I'd say that Owens would be a safe bet to retain there, but I just can't help shake the feeling that the plug might be pulled on the Kevin Owens Show as early as then, because there will be enough reason and logic behind putting Rollins over in his face role. Maybe they do run Rollins vs. Owens in Toronto again if that's the case, since the Cell doesn't necessarily "end rivalries" these days.

I'm probably overthinking things, and SS is probably going to be Rollins vs. Owens and Styles vs. Cena. The same matches we are getting this month with less Dean Ambrose.

SlickyTrickyDamon
09-24-2016, 08:38 PM
In Boston.

Mr. Nerfect
09-24-2016, 08:40 PM
It's Survivor Series XXX this year. I didn't realize that.

Mr. Nerfect
09-24-2016, 08:41 PM
I'm surprised the WWE haven't tried to push that in order to try and get the show to sell itself.

XL
09-24-2016, 08:42 PM
I also looked at a Survivor Series match for the Cruiserweights.

Going off the current roster it's very light on the heel side. I'd consider turning Neville, citing that he was here flying high on Raw years before the CWC was even a thing, and this spotlight for the Cruisers should be his.

Perkins/Alexander/Swann/Gallagher/Metalik vs. Neville/Kendrick/Dar/Dorado/Tazowa(?)

Mr. Nerfect
09-24-2016, 08:44 PM
Oh, I don't think they even care about babyface and heels in the cruiserweight division. Johnny Gargano, Tommaso Ciampa, Rich Swann, Gran Metalik & Lince Dorado vs. Brian Kendrick, Cedric Alexander, Noam Dar, Akira Tozawa & Tony Nese. There you go. Perkins vs. Neville later in the show or whatever.

XL
09-24-2016, 08:46 PM
I did consider they wouldn't bother with a heel/face dynamic, and just let the guys out there to do their thing. Not my preference though.

Mr. Nerfect
09-24-2016, 08:49 PM
Nor mine.

Mr. Nerfect
09-24-2016, 08:50 PM
I wonder if they have Triple H vs. Seth Rollins in the opening match and if Rollins wins, he gets to join an Owens/Reigns Uni Title match? :shifty:

Cool King
09-24-2016, 08:56 PM
I'm surprised the WWE haven't tried to push that in order to try and get the show to sell itself.

I remember reading that after WrestleMania XXX that Vince didn't want numbers at the end of any future WrestleMania's as it made the event sound old.

Maybe he's doing the same with Survivor Series.

Cool King
09-24-2016, 08:57 PM
Also, I see AJ Styles vs John Cena for the WWE Championship being the main event, with Cena winning and tying Flair's record.

XL
09-24-2016, 09:12 PM
Cena is away filming til January, can't SDL not having a champion until then. More likely he takes #16 at Mania or in the build.

Simple Fan
09-24-2016, 09:17 PM
Yeah, don't see Cena getting #16 til Mania. Can see him winning the Rumble and challenging Styles if he's still the by then. Cena beating Styles at Mania wouldn't be bad especially if Styles beats him again before he leaves to do his TV show again.

Mr. Nerfect
09-24-2016, 09:42 PM
I can see the Cena Rumble win and #16, but there is a part of me that wants roles reversed. Cena wins the belt, Styles wins the Rumble and gets coronated as the babyface for the moment.

#1-norm-fan
09-25-2016, 12:44 AM
I remember reading that after WrestleMania XXX that Vince didn't want numbers at the end of any future WrestleMania's as it made the event sound old.

I remember reading that, too. If it's true, it's pretty fucking stupid.

Mr. Nerfect
09-25-2016, 06:55 AM
That's the sort of thing that makes me think that Vince needs to get out of his own way.

Mr. Nerfect
09-25-2016, 07:06 AM
I don't want to derail conversation too much, but since we're discussing future main events, I just wanted to talk about WrestleMania for a bit:

It seems pretty logical that all things going according to plan, Kevin Owens will be defending the Universal Title at WrestleMania. The default plan would be Finn Balor challenging for the title he never lost right?

Hmm. I'm not so sure. Even if Balor is back by Mania, I don't know if he's a proven enough commodity to get thrown right back into the main event picture. I'd maybe hold off on him returning until the RAW After Mania. When I'm going through guys that I'd really like to see challenge Owens at Mania, I can't help narrow it down to three guys:

1. Roman Reigns. Because it's Roman Reigns, Vince loves him, is going to give him another shot, and Owens will at least make things interesting. The crowd dynamics at Mania would be a lot of fun.

2. Brock Lesnar. This would probably work best via Royal Rumble win. Kevin Owens trying to convince Brock to jump to SmackDown could be hilarious. Brock is much better as a heel, but as a force of nature he gets cheered. Owens would be clever enough to know just how to play chicken-shit heel for whom the clock is ticking.

3. A more abstract suggestion -- how about Shinsuke Nakamura? When I was just going through mental drafts of what WrestleMania could look like just after WrestleMania, this was my initial pick for Nakamura's WrestleMania debut. My thinking is that the match will be good (they've worked with each other in the past too), and that Owens could talk the program up while Nakamura just exists as a myth to those without the WWE Network.

Then I thought "Nah, Triple H is going to want the Shinny-Naks match. He'll put himself against somewhere near the top that is going to get a lot of attention and he'll get the credit for "putting them over" at Mania. It'll be Battle of the Entrances." But now I'm thinking that the plan is to go with either Triple H vs. Seth Rollins (I actually see that being blown off earlier) or even, Triple H vs. Shane McMahon. There's been nothing laid that would tell me that's the direction, but it's just a wild prediction.

Imagine if Shinsuke Nakamura made his WWE main roster debut in the Royal Rumble and won. There's no one else on the main roster that NEEDS to win this thing. Imagine if Nakamura enters in the middle, gets a huge pop, no one really buys him winning the whole thing, but it comes down to him and Roman Reigns or whatever, and he gets the Nakamuraness going and wins the whole thing.

You could have him appearing on both shows with the authority figures trying to get him to sign. He eventually chooses RAW, chases Owens, and wins the Universal Title at WrestleMania.

I dunno -- I'd mark out.

mike adamle
09-25-2016, 08:21 AM
Ugh. Why do you have to derail every thread. Go look down the first page and look at how many threads have Noid as the last comment. I accept that your opinion isn't very valid, but can't you at least stay on topic? What does any of that have to do with the main event of Survivor Series?

Ruien
09-25-2016, 08:38 AM
I don't think they will make a HUGE deal out of Cena tying Flair's record. It will be noted and all that jazz but it won't be a huge deal/match is more about it than anything else until he is going to best the record. That will be saved for a future main event or a time where the rating are at a shit time low.

Mr. Nerfect
09-25-2016, 08:48 PM
Ugh. Why do you have to derail every thread. Go look down the first page and look at how many threads have Noid as the last comment. I accept that your opinion isn't very valid, but can't you at least stay on topic? What does any of that have to do with the main event of Survivor Series?

1. How dare I comment in threads on a board I am active participant on?

2. The main event of WrestleMania would obviously affect what you put on at Survivor Series.

3. I did mention that I didn't want to get things too far off topic as a courtesy to you, but if you're going to be a cunt about it, I'll gladly start talking about something more interesting than what you've got to say.

I get you don't like me, mike adamle, but ease up, turbo. Be happy people are participating and trying to talk about things with you at all.

Mr. Nerfect
09-25-2016, 08:49 PM
I don't think they will make a HUGE deal out of Cena tying Flair's record. It will be noted and all that jazz but it won't be a huge deal/match is more about it than anything else until he is going to best the record. That will be saved for a future main event or a time where the rating are at a shit time low.

Breaking the record will be a bigger deal.

Emperor Smeat
09-26-2016, 09:16 AM
If I had to guess, probably the Universal title as Survivor Series main event and it being Owens vs Rollins for 2 reasons. The first being to end the Owens-Rollins feud and the other to setup Rollins-Triple H for the Cell.

Innovator
09-26-2016, 09:21 AM
Owens vs. Jericho, in Toronto.

Mr. Nerfect
09-26-2016, 06:08 PM
If I had to guess, probably the Universal title as Survivor Series main event and it being Owens vs Rollins for 2 reasons. The first being to end the Owens-Rollins feud and the other to setup Rollins-Triple H for the Cell.

The Cell is next month before Survivor Series. I really wish they didn't do that.

Mr. Nerfect
09-26-2016, 06:08 PM
Owens vs. Jericho, in Toronto.

A few people seem to think they'll go that way, but for some reason I just can't see it.

Emperor Smeat
09-26-2016, 07:31 PM
The Cell is next month before Survivor Series. I really wish they didn't do that.

My mistake, thought it was the other way around.

If Cena can return in time, probably him vs Styles takes the main event and if not, probably Rollins vs Triple H or whatever Lesnar is doing.

Mr. Nerfect
09-27-2016, 05:22 AM
I think it's an easy mistake to make, given that the Cell should probably end feuds and it comes just before a "major" PPV.

Innovator
09-27-2016, 10:43 AM
A few people seem to think they'll go that way, but for some reason I just can't see it.

Well of course you can't see it, you don't get.....IT

Mr. Nerfect
09-28-2016, 01:42 AM
How great has Jericho been though?