PDA

View Full Version : Paige Suspended for 60 Days

#BROKEN Hasney
10-10-2016, 11:53 AM
http://www.wwe.com/article/paige-suspended-60-days

Whoops. Beginning to feel like we'll never see her in a WWE ring again.

Innovator
10-10-2016, 11:58 AM
YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO BE THE CHOSEN ONE

Big Vic
10-10-2016, 12:00 PM
back to back?

Innovator
10-10-2016, 12:01 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Same sh** different day. Kids..Please don't get prescriptions or doctors notes. I guess rules apply for some depending on your status.</p>&mdash; PAIGE (@RealPaigeWWE) <a href="https://twitter.com/RealPaigeWWE/status/785510155530174464">October 10, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Innovator
10-10-2016, 12:02 PM
If that is her excuse, how fucking hard is it to get a doctor note/prescription and send it to WWE?

BigCrippyZ
10-10-2016, 12:04 PM
I think the implication is she has/had a prescription or doctor's note but WWE doesn't care and isn't applying the same rules to everyone on the roster.

Blonde Moment
10-10-2016, 12:17 PM
Interesting thought... Third Strike is termination... does that make her contract null and void? Can she go where she wants?

Hanso Amore
10-10-2016, 12:26 PM
I hope shes gone. I never really saw anything in her. Granted alot of that blame goes to booking.

Shes been passed by. the 4HW, Alexa, Dana. I would put them all ahead of her.

Black Widow
10-10-2016, 12:29 PM
She truly was Bourne to wrestle.

erickman
10-10-2016, 12:30 PM
Interesting thought... Third Strike is termination... does that make her contract null and void? Can she go where she wants?

hope they figure a way to let her out of wwe it would be a shame if they sit her out for 2 years like they did for ray-ray

BigCrippyZ
10-10-2016, 12:30 PM

I believe it's been reported in the past that the non-compete clause applies to terminations too but I could be wrong and we would obviously have to see her contract to know for certain.

Evil Vito
10-10-2016, 12:31 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if she's trying to get fired.

Volare
10-10-2016, 12:35 PM
Welp, what else is new today?

Lock Jaw
10-10-2016, 12:49 PM
Sucks, because I thought she was really good. One of the only females who truly got over, and exuded some sort of star power. This was before they stripped away all of her character and randomly turned her face because "new season of Total Divas is here" and then she appeared less and less to where she just disappeared.

Really think she could be a major player in the current scene where she would have better workers to work against.

#BROKEN Hasney
10-10-2016, 12:55 PM
http://i.imgur.com/VecZRgn.jpg

Sounds like they either don't accept UK prescriptions/doctors notes, or they're prescriging something totally banned. Sounds pretty dumb either way if that's true.

BigCrippyZ
10-10-2016, 01:08 PM
http://i.imgur.com/VecZRgn.jpg

Sounds like they either don't accept UK prescriptions/doctors notes, or they're prescriging something totally banned. Sounds pretty dumb either way if that's true.

Yep. No employer, or even if you're an independent contractor, should be able to ban prescription medications from your doctor, as long as those meds aren't impacting her performance, especially for something like pain.

Rammsteinmad
10-10-2016, 01:46 PM
Paige is overrated. I for one, will be glad to see her go.

SlickyTrickyDamon
10-10-2016, 01:58 PM
THIS IS MY DOG HOUSE!

RP
10-10-2016, 03:07 PM
I'm actually nursing a neck injury from working out right. I wonder what she has been prescribed and what is against the WWE wellness Program. Ive been prescribed Tramadol which is not a narcotic but not a great pain reliever and has done nothing for my pain. I'm just curious what she's taking and what WWE is against here, because the pain i'm going through is absolutely debilatating and maybe Paige is or is expected to be stronger than me. I'm not sure, but I really would love to hear full discloser.

Stickman
10-10-2016, 03:31 PM
If a doctor's prescription is against the wwe's policy She should sue the fuck out of them. Her doctor I assume knows what is better for her than the wwe drug policy.

ClockShot
10-10-2016, 04:12 PM
More time to get cozy with Alberto Del Rio.

Or whatever he's going by now.

Destor
10-10-2016, 04:23 PM
If a doctor's prescription is against the wwe's policy She should sue the fuck out of them. Her doctor I assume knows what is better for her than the wwe drug policy.
They'd lose that suit. Theyre an american based company they have no obligation to follow foriegn medical advice (legally, morally...)

Innovator
10-10-2016, 04:30 PM
Especially if they say that a wrestler needs a valid presciption from a set list of doctors

Evil Vito
10-10-2016, 04:31 PM
Can't wait for a video featuring 5 minutes of close-ups on Paige's neck.

Destor
10-10-2016, 04:35 PM
Especially if they say that a wrestler needs a valid presciption from a set list of doctors
Well within their rights as an employer

XL
10-10-2016, 04:37 PM
They'd lose that suit. Theyre an american based company they have no obligation to follow foriegn medical advice (legally, morally...)

Her mom only says she asked her to come home (to the UK) to seek doctors advice, she doesn't say that she went/was prescribed anything by a UK doctor.

DAMN iNATOR
10-10-2016, 04:49 PM
She's still (AFAIK) seriously minus one posterior, so I'm actually kinda OK with this news.

Whatever happened to girls like Eve?

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs3/3257687_o.gif

I mean...WOW. That's just not even fair... #DATASS

Big Vic
10-10-2016, 04:52 PM
What is AFAIK?

XL
10-10-2016, 04:56 PM
As far as I know.

DAMN iNATOR
10-10-2016, 05:00 PM
What is AFAIK?

And here I was, thinking the ridiculously awesome GIF of Eve shaking her ass would be the focal point of my post. SILLY ME! :roll:

Mr. Nerfect
10-10-2016, 05:27 PM
Just fire the poor girl already. She clearly doesn't want to be there. Save both of you the black eyes. Maybe she's not the most mature young lady in the world, but this is the perfect opportunity for the company to show that sort of maturity and just let her go.

Emperor Smeat
10-10-2016, 05:40 PM
Wouldn't be surprised if the suspension is also related to the WWE still being pissed she hasn't broken up with Del Rio even after they got rid of him.

Funky Fly is back
10-10-2016, 06:18 PM
Is this that gothic vampire chick with the guy with the vampire gimmick in ECW?

Mr. Nerfect
10-10-2016, 06:41 PM
No, you're thinking of Umaga.

DAMN iNATOR
10-10-2016, 06:49 PM
Is this that gothic vampire chick with the guy with the vampire gimmick in ECW?

No, mate. You're thinking of Ariel.

Vastardikai
10-10-2016, 06:54 PM
Well within their rights as an employer

But she isn't an employee. She's an "Independent Contractor." Do they REALLY want to open this can of worms with her?

Side note: She should ask Alberto for the number of his lawyer.

Cool King
10-10-2016, 06:55 PM
Paige is overrated. I for one, will be glad to see her go.

Maluco
10-10-2016, 09:02 PM
Throwing away her career for a crush, like a teenage girl. Hopefully she won't regret it in a few years when he is long gone...

Theo Dious
10-10-2016, 09:41 PM
BREAKING NEWS: Paige officially gives zero fucks.

Theo Dious
10-10-2016, 09:44 PM
But she isn't an employee. She's an "Independent Contractor." Do they REALLY want to open this can of worms with her?.

She signed her damn contract. There are no worms in that can.

SlickyTrickyDamon
10-11-2016, 01:09 AM
But she isn't an employee. She's an "Independent Contractor." Do they REALLY want to open this can of worms with her?

Side note: She should ask Alberto for the number of his lawyer.

Alberto had an option to opt-out after a year. Paige does not.

XL
10-11-2016, 04:00 AM
Think he's referring to the first time ADR left.

The CyNick
10-11-2016, 10:11 AM
From what I know of the situation, I don't think her mind is on her job. She reminds me of a kid in high school who is more concerned with meeting up with her bf to make out than becoming a top student.

I expect her to be let go by the end of the year.

She'll regret it by May. Likely be back by this time next year because Vince is a very compassionate person.

Destor
10-11-2016, 10:20 AM

Side note: She should ask Alberto for the number of his lawyer.Independent contractors still have to follow work policies. It's a moot point in this case.

Big Vic
10-11-2016, 10:21 AM
And here I was, thinking the ridiculously awesome GIF of Eve shaking her ass would be the focal point of my post. SILLY ME! :roll:

I have images disabled on this name.

Emperor Smeat
10-11-2016, 08:36 PM
WWE claiming Paige got busted for illegal drugs and not pain killers or anything that would have a legal prescription.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Damn. This is not gonna end well between WWE and Paige. <a href="https://t.co/ZY9sx5TAM6">pic.twitter.com/ZY9sx5TAM6</a></p>&mdash; Ryan Satin (@ryansatin) <a href="https://twitter.com/ryansatin/status/785999794099453952">October 12, 2016</a></blockquote>

Vastardikai
10-12-2016, 08:52 AM
I wonder if this violates HIPAA?

hb2k
10-12-2016, 11:21 AM
What I actually find most interesting of all is that WWE actually bothered to out a performer's excuse, when everybody that failed has had one that is probably contentious to some degree, and willingly admitted her illegal, in-company drug use just to prove a point. Think about how pissed they had to be that she put the blame on the company to willingly expose that.

Also, something has popped up on Reddit (with questionable validity) from Hollywood Blinds that suggests the Del Rio stabbing was him getting caught in the crossfire of a Paige drug deal.

Volare
10-12-2016, 11:51 AM
Maybe she's a pot head and we get her on the cover of High Times??

Destor
10-12-2016, 12:01 PM
What I actually find most interesting of all is that WWE actually bothered to out a performer's excuse, when everybody that failed has had one that is probably contentious to some degree, and willingly admitted her illegal, in-company drug use just to prove a point. Think about how pissed they had to be that she put the blame on the company to willingly expose that.

Also, something has popped up on Reddit (with questionable validity) from Hollywood Blinds that suggests the Del Rio stabbing was him getting caught in the crossfire of a Paige drug deal.pretty trashy post ya got there

BigCrippyZ
10-12-2016, 01:22 PM
WWE claiming Paige got busted for illegal drugs and not pain killers or anything that would have a legal prescription.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Damn. This is not gonna end well between WWE and Paige. <a href="https://t.co/ZY9sx5TAM6">pic.twitter.com/ZY9sx5TAM6</a></p>&mdash; Ryan Satin (@ryansatin) <a href="https://twitter.com/ryansatin/status/785999794099453952">October 12, 2016</a></blockquote>

Um. Clearly WWE's PR team did not run this by legal first. Any drug that requires a prescription is an illegal substance when said person carrying or consuming it does not have a valid prescription for it.

Sounds like a hastily worded response by someone who was pissed but doesn't know the critical intricacies of what they were responding about. I.e., Vince or HHH angrily telling PR to release the response with no input from legal. If she was busted for a drug in which doctor's cannot legally prescribe, they should have clarified that "Paige tested positive for an illegal substance which cannot be legally prescribed by a physician." Even that statement doesn't rule out the possibility regarding differing drug prescriptions being legal in the US v. UK.

That being said, it wouldn't surprise me if Paige is now a coke head either.

Cool King
10-12-2016, 02:38 PM
That being said, it wouldn't surprise me if Paige is now a coke head either.

She's from Norwich. She most likely will be.

Innovator
10-12-2016, 02:46 PM
Well, she'll be going back there if she gets fired and her work visa is pulled.

Big Vic
10-12-2016, 03:15 PM
'ell yeah! deport her! Make America Great Again!

hb2k
10-12-2016, 05:17 PM
pretty trashy post ya got there

I did say questionable validity, its total horseshit I assume, but this approach of theirs to be a bit dodgy or evasive in their versions of events is making them look worse and inviting this type of thing.