PDA

View Full Version : Would you like to see Cena break Flair's 16x world champion record?

dingdongyo
10-12-2016, 10:53 PM
Felt like a poll.

Anybody Thrilla
10-12-2016, 11:14 PM
It's all so convoluted with the fifty five versions of "world" titles and the 19 PPVs a year that breaking the record now doesn't really mean dick. I mean, Rollins is already a two time champ, ya know?

Nicky Fives
10-12-2016, 11:38 PM
My opinion does not matter as it seems like an inevitability that the record gets broken.

Lock Jaw
10-13-2016, 12:51 AM
Think it is inevitable to be broken as title wins become more and more meaningless.... how many times does Reigns have it already.......... so sure, why not have Cena do it.....

SlickyTrickyDamon
10-13-2016, 01:32 AM
Stay at 15 forrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeverrrrrrrrr.

DaveWadding
10-13-2016, 01:56 AM
I would like Cena to stay at 15 until he apologizes for his shirt that denigrates STD's Irish ancestors.

Rammsteinmad
10-13-2016, 05:49 AM
To be fair, some of Flair's reigns were pretty forgettable too.

But yeah, title wins happen all the time, it's gotta happen eventually. Cena more than deserves the honor.

Bad News Gertner
10-13-2016, 08:03 AM
I don't know why people care so much about this

Big Vic
10-13-2016, 08:18 AM
Should stay at 15, a few of his title wins happened when he won the secondary championship when there were 2 world titles.

Ruien
10-13-2016, 08:22 AM
Want hin to break it badly. He carried the company through a terrible era and now that he is fading away you can see the ratings bombing hard. He may very well be the last mega superstar if WWE continues on their current path.

Plus, it will sell a ton of dvds so I think it will happen.

XL
10-13-2016, 08:33 AM
Should stay at 15, a few of his title wins happened when he won the secondary championship when there were 2 world titles.

And most of Flair's happened in WCW when thet were a distant second brand.

Evil Vito
10-13-2016, 08:40 AM
It's irrelevant at this point. It's obviously going to happen.

Big Vic
10-13-2016, 09:03 AM
And most of Flair's happened in WCW when thet were a distant second brand.

So? WCW still only had one world title.

XL
10-13-2016, 10:58 AM
How many of Cena's reigns came when both belts were active on one show?

Frank Drebin
10-13-2016, 11:20 AM
It's a booked accomplishment. I don't care as long as the product I'm watching is entertaining.

Agree with Gertner.

Anybody Thrilla
10-13-2016, 11:29 AM
"Vince McMahon's imaginary brass rings"

Big Vic
10-13-2016, 11:36 AM
How many of Cena's reigns came when both belts were active on one show?

At least 2 times.

The CyNick
10-13-2016, 11:57 AM
He should tie and pass it. He's the man. Records are made to be broken.

Simple Fan
10-13-2016, 12:34 PM
Yeah I'd like to see it. Its going to happen so why not. He should tie it but I think they should wait until Wrestlemania. Have him hold it for a bit, drop it, and then win it back at Summerslam to break the record. I think the best option would be to let Styles keep the title and Cena win the Rumble to set that match up for Maina.

Destor
10-13-2016, 01:09 PM
No

The CyNick
10-13-2016, 02:52 PM
Yeah I'd like to see it. Its going to happen so why not. He should tie it but I think they should wait until Wrestlemania. Have him hold it for a bit, drop it, and then win it back at Summerslam to break the record. I think the best option would be to let Styles keep the title and Cena win the Rumble to set that match up for Maina.

Both ideally would happen at Mania. I would say more important to break the record at the big show if you don't want him to wait a year between title wins.

Black Widow
10-13-2016, 03:03 PM
I don't know why people care so much about this Cause it's another attempt to try and convince us he's in Hogan's,Flair's and others league.

Big Vic
10-13-2016, 03:08 PM
I don't know why people care so much about this

Same reason people care about Ellsworth getting a win.

The CyNick
10-13-2016, 03:36 PM
Cause it's another attempt to try and convince us he's in Hogan's,Flair's and others league.

I think he's generated more revenue than both of those guys combined.

Destor
10-13-2016, 04:25 PM
lol

Emperor Smeat
10-13-2016, 04:46 PM
Rather not although its probably inevitable considering the new brand split era and the WWE still not being able to move on from his era.

At this point, he doesn't really need to tie or break the record since his career is already legendary enough without it. Same for when there were talks about him being the one to break Taker's streak.

Anybody Thrilla
10-13-2016, 05:54 PM
Cena breaking the streak would have made more sense than Lesnar if it was something that just HAD to be done.

Black Widow
10-13-2016, 06:35 PM
Yeah Sure whatever.

Hogan made wrestling huge twice and since Cena has been around it keeps getting less popular.

Emperor Smeat
10-13-2016, 06:39 PM
Cena breaking the streak would have made more sense than Lesnar if it was something that just HAD to be done.

Knowing the WWE, they probably would still have found a way to mess up giving the rub from beating Cena like they did with Lesnar. Taker should never have been the first guy to beat Lesnar clean after the streak was killed.

dingdongyo
10-13-2016, 06:43 PM
I'm the only "probably" so far. That being said... I don't think Cena wants to break the title record. I think he wants to be remembered just as someone who gave more to wrestling than he took from it... which is exactly why I think he should be the one to whom you compare the next mega-champion.

Mr. Nerfect
10-14-2016, 05:22 AM
I'm with Gertner and Frank Drebin on this. I really don't care about this. If he's the right guy to carry the belt, then let him carry the belt. If he's not, then don't. Styles is doing well right now, so I wouldn't take it off him just to increase Cena's number. But I wouldn't keep Cena away from the belt just to protect an old record either.

I care more that there is a second belt in one company.

The CyNick
10-14-2016, 09:18 AM
Yeah Sure whatever.

Hogan made wrestling huge twice and since Cena has been around it keeps getting less popular.

Vince made the business popular. Hogan was just his puppet he chose to put out there to the masses.

More people view WWE content today than in any point in their history. I don't think that's BECAUSE of Cena, I give all glory to Vince, but your "facts" are just not based in reality.

Ol Dirty Dastard
10-14-2016, 10:12 AM
BAH GAWD THE PRODIGAL SON RETURNS

Damian Rey 2.0
10-14-2016, 10:52 AM
CyNick, legit question. Surely you don't don't think Vince could've plucked anyone and made them the man in the 80s?

You don't think it was a combo of Vince having the foresight and vision to see Hogan and his company thriving while Hogan had the charisma and talent to take the ball and run?

You don't think it was a joint success?

Damian Rey 2.0
10-14-2016, 10:55 AM
As for Cena, who cares? To me, winning a bunch of times doesn't hold any value. He wrestled in an era much different than Flair where title wins are more common. As long as he's entertaining, which I think he is at his peak of being right now, that's all that matters. Just give me my money's worth and I don't care about how many titles you win.

Exyle
10-14-2016, 01:10 PM
I'd like to answer this question, but unfortunately I can't see John Cena at all.

Destor
10-14-2016, 01:15 PM
Vince made the business popular. Hogan was just his puppet he chose to put out there to the masses.

More people view WWE content today than in any point in their history. I don't think that's BECAUSE of Cena, I give all glory to Vince, but your "facts" are just not based in reality.Present some numbers or GTFO. Revenue is not higher today (with respect to inflation) than it ever has been nor is viewership at record highs.

The CyNick
10-14-2016, 04:11 PM
CyNick, legit question. Surely you don't don't think Vince could've plucked anyone and made them the man in the 80s?

You don't think it was a combo of Vince having the foresight and vision to see Hogan and his company thriving while Hogan had the charisma and talent to take the ball and run?

You don't think it was a joint success?

Hundo P

But I think Vince was the more important part of the equation. No way to prove this, but I believe Vince would have had more success without Hogan than Hogan would have without Vince.

But of course, the unique set of skills they each brought to the table resulted in magic.

The CyNick
10-14-2016, 04:18 PM
Present some numbers or GTFO. Revenue is not higher today (with respect to inflation) than it ever has been nor is viewership at record highs.

Look at social media views (You Tube, FB, Twitter, Instagram, etc). More people worldwide are exposed to WWE programming than any other time in history. People who think the WWE is less popular are going by Neilsen television measures from ONE country, which are outdated and don't reflect how people consume entertainment in 2016.

As for revenue, do you knew what WWEs revenue was in 1987?

The CyNick
10-14-2016, 04:21 PM
BAH GAWD THE PRODIGAL SON RETURNS

I promise to never leave again. This is my home, and no matter how popular I become, I will be here forever.

Just responding to this post gives me goosebumps.

XL
10-14-2016, 04:25 PM
If Vince had such a magic talent for taking a guy and getting them over to the level of Hogan why didn't it work with literally anybody else he tried it with? Warrior failed as a Hogan replacement, Nash failed in 1995, latest case is Reigns.

The CyNick
10-14-2016, 04:38 PM
If Vince had such a magic talent for taking a guy and getting them over to the level of Hogan why didn't it work with literally anybody else he tried it with? Warrior failed as a Hogan replacement, Nash failed in 1995, latest case is Reigns.

Missed that whole Atitude Era minor bit of success.

The CyNick
10-14-2016, 04:39 PM
And Reigns hasn't been a failure. Network subs grew while he was on top.

Simple Fan
10-14-2016, 04:51 PM
Reigns is a failure. You just said this on the last page.

More people view WWE content today than in any point in their history. I don't think that's BECAUSE of Cena, I give all glory to Vince, but your "facts" are just not based in reality.

So Cena isn't responsible for a record number of people watching WWE but Reigns is a success because subscribers went up during his reign. I'm not really seeing your logic on this one.

Destor
10-14-2016, 05:35 PM
Look at social media views (You Tube, FB, Twitter, Instagram, etc). More people worldwide are exposed to WWE programming than any other time in history. People who think the WWE is less popular are going by Neilsen television measures from ONE country, which are outdated and don't reflect how people consume entertainment in 2016.

As for revenue, do you knew what WWEs revenue was in 1987?

Got it. You dont have any idea what you're on about. Cool beans.

#1-norm-fan
10-14-2016, 07:55 PM
I'm not sure if you guys missed it but this CyNick thing already happened last year. He eventually left, got bored and came back to do the same lame troll thing to a new group of posters. I suggest just going back and reading those threads before you get involved.

#1-norm-fan
10-14-2016, 08:02 PM
Also Cena should break the record. With two world titles and hotshotting taking away the importance of title reigns nowadays it's gonna get broken soon enough anyway and then surpassed multiple times. Might as well let Cena set the new bar for the future since he's the biggest star of the era.

Gerard
10-15-2016, 01:32 PM
The title belts get thrown about more than a cheap whore at a millionaire's orgy, means fuck all these days. Says it all that Cena is a 15 time champion in about a third of the time it took Flair.

Anybody Thrilla
10-15-2016, 01:37 PM
If Orton wasn't always injured, he might be hovering around 16 as well.

XL
10-15-2016, 01:41 PM
Missed that whole Atitude Era minor bit of success.
That was a bit different though. Austin was the driving force behind the Attitude Era and he wasn't Vince's plan. Austin got over almost by accident and kudos to Vince for hitching his wagon to him, but Austin was never the ordained "The Guy" who they strapped a rocket to the same way they did with Warrior, Nash, Luger, Reigns, etc. he was a "good hand" that had a bad attitude the fans gravitated towards and Vince rolled with it.

I'm not sure if you guys missed it but this CyNick thing already happened last year. He eventually left, got bored and came back to do the same lame troll thing to a new group of posters. I suggest just going back and reading those threads before you get involved.
Yup. Just realised he'll rationalise it that Vince planned the whole Austin ride all the way back to him being Chilly McFreeze.

Damian Rey 2.0
10-15-2016, 01:42 PM
Different era guy. Cena has been the draw for WWE longer than any other star they've ever or are likely ever going to produce. More than deserves it.

The CyNick
10-15-2016, 04:00 PM

Guy who has a gimmick of trying to discredit me accuses me of playing a gimmick. Noid level logic.

The CyNick
10-15-2016, 04:03 PM
That was a bit different though. Austin was the driving force behind the Attitude Era and he wasn't Vince's plan. Austin got over almost by accident and kudos to Vince for hitching his wagon to him, but Austin was never the ordained "The Guy" who they strapped a rocket to the same way they did with Warrior, Nash, Luger, Reigns, etc. he was a "good hand" that had a bad attitude the fans gravitated towards and Vince rolled with it.

Yup. Just realised he'll rationalise it that Vince planned the whole Austin ride all the way back to him being Chilly McFreeze.

Austin wasn't Vince's plan? So he just wrote himself in the main event every night? Smart strategy. This is why the WWE laughs at your type of fan.

I highly recommend Bruce Prichard's podcast. Will help you guys out a lot.

The CyNick
10-15-2016, 04:07 PM
Reigns is a failure. You just said this on the last page.

So Cena isn't responsible for a record number of people watching WWE but Reigns is a success because subscribers went up during his reign. I'm not really seeing your logic on this one.

Both Cena and Reigns have been successful. Reigns only recently got the top spot. While in the top spot he helped drive record network subs. Not entirely because of him, just like the growth of WWE with Cena in the lead spot wasnt all because of him. But both guys were successful in the top spot leading the company to increased revenues and network subs.

The CyNick
10-15-2016, 04:08 PM
Got it. You dont have any idea what you're on about. Cool beans.

Sounds like a statement from someone with no facts.

Destor
10-15-2016, 07:00 PM
*yawn*

#1-norm-fan
10-15-2016, 08:05 PM
lol I'm telling you, guys...

#BROKEN Hasney
10-16-2016, 05:48 AM
It's a booked accomplishment. I don't care as long as the product I'm watching is entertaining.

Agree with Gertner.

Pretty much. Like the woman on the soap opera who gets the most show ending slaps. Still, Xena chasing it makes it a good.storyline, but I don't care if he does it or not.

Blonde Moment
10-16-2016, 06:35 AM
Austin wasn't Vince's plan? So he just wrote himself in the main event every night? Smart strategy. This is why the WWE laughs at your type of fan.

I highly recommend Bruce Prichard's podcast. Will help you guys out a lot.

The effect of Austin 3:16 was not planned, Micheals was always the man until he got hurt and Vince pulled the trigger out of Necessity.

XL
10-16-2016, 09:27 AM
Lies, lies, and more lies!

Vince planned the Curtail Call at MSG expressly so that he could punish HHH by taking away his scheduled KOTR win so that Austin could get the nod and cut the Austin 3:16 promo that Vince wrote for him.

Mr. Nerfect
10-16-2016, 09:58 AM
Prichard sheep.

Mr. Nerfect
10-16-2016, 10:00 AM
I think the most frustrating thing about CyNick's posts are the lack of argument structure. I couldn't give a shit about the content, because he's just wrong, but the lack of a proper foundation is what bothers me. But I guess that is the gimmick.

mike adamle
10-16-2016, 06:41 PM
You have the exact same gimmick...

Destor
10-16-2016, 06:49 PM
You have the exact same gimmick...
Nah noids gimmick is have an over active imagination and the ability to write essays on a whim.

mike adamle
10-16-2016, 07:27 PM
Used to be his gimmick, now he just argues and calls you names or says "this is why wrestling is the way it is." While continuing to write terrible essays about Ivory taking over the booking.

The CyNick
10-16-2016, 08:33 PM
I think the most frustrating thing about CyNick's posts are the lack of argument structure. I couldn't give a shit about the content, because he's just wrong, but the lack of a proper foundation is what bothers me. But I guess that is the gimmick.

What am I wrong about? That Austin magically got into main event angles and then magically won the Rumble multiple times and then magically was featured in a high profile angle with Mike Tyson and then magically main evented wrestlemania? You might want to check your foundation, it's cracking and the basement is flooded.

Ol Dirty Dastard
10-16-2016, 08:38 PM
Well yes, Vince is indeed the boss and makes the final call.

#1-norm-fan
10-16-2016, 09:22 PM
Guys... Guys...

Ol Dirty Dastard
10-16-2016, 09:32 PM
lol

Damian Rey 2.0
10-17-2016, 01:36 AM
Give it up Fan.

Anybody Thrilla
10-17-2016, 04:36 PM
I love a good argument.

Destor
10-17-2016, 04:44 PM
I love a good argument.
makes two of us

Anybody Thrilla
10-17-2016, 05:00 PM
No it doesn't! :rant:

Destor
10-17-2016, 05:47 PM
No it doesn't! :rant:

One plus one equals two you piece of shit :mad:

Mr. Nerfect
10-17-2016, 07:31 PM
Used to be his gimmick, now he just argues and calls you names or says "this is why wrestling is the way it is." While continuing to write terrible essays about Ivory taking over the booking.

No, that's just you, mr. adamle. After working out a few times you misread most of what is said, I stopped trying reason with you. You're like a puppy I like to work up. /Heel Noid

Mr. Nerfect
10-17-2016, 07:32 PM
Destor is still King of the Forum to me.

...Sorry to whoever the current King of the Forum is.

Destor
10-17-2016, 07:45 PM
Destor is still King of the Forum to me.

...Sorry to whoever the current King of the Forum is.

I'll anex the wrestling forum.

We are now an independent nation. LETS BUILD A WALL

Mr. Nerfect
10-17-2016, 07:48 PM
As long as your charismatic leader speeches are done better than Matt Hardy's, I'm in.