PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Nash the Booker...Why does he have a bad rap?

Hanso Amore
10-25-2016, 10:38 AM
Besides the fact that WCW was a tire fire, which i started before his time and remained after...

Why do people give him such shit? I see alot that people say he booked himself to end the streak and beat Goldberg, but most reports are now that he didn't get the book until 6-8 weeks After that.

The streak needed to end at some point to try to add some depth to Goldbergs story line, so wouldn't it make sense that one of the few people bigger and stronger (Kayfabe) be the one to do it, and they even had it not be clean.

But anyways, if that wasn't his call what were the horrible stories that he takes blame for?

Once they signed russo to take over, thats when WCW fell off a cliff. Their money management had been fucked long before that. The biggest Politician was Hogan. What was really his fault?

I think Nash has one of the best minds in the business, and any time he puts something out, people go straight to "if he knows the business so well why did he book WCW into the ground".

I dont buy it. I think he probably did the best of what he had, while having to manage Hogan, Savage and Flair. He actually seemed to have cared about the undercard and during a time where 50 year old men wouldn't let themselves be booked to lose clean, Nash, a 7 foot 350 pounder put over 5'4'' 150 pound Rey Mysterio CLEAN.

I think this is just one of those "Mark Truths" that someone said once and they ran with it.

Prove me wrong.

Ol Dirty Dastard
10-25-2016, 11:38 AM
Because you suck

Ol Dirty Dastard
10-25-2016, 11:39 AM
(to answer the question of the thread title)

Sepholio
10-25-2016, 11:57 AM
Kevin Nash is the greatest wrestler and booker ever.

Evil Vito
10-25-2016, 12:40 PM
Nash ending Goldberg's streak would have been okay were it not merely a vehicle to turn him heel via handing the belt to Hogan, therefore making the end of the streak mean precisely dick and invalidating nearly a year's worth of storyline's. As it was it was indefensible.

Might not have been Nash's fault but still idiotic from everybody involved.

Sepholio
10-25-2016, 12:46 PM
May have been stupid in hindsight but teenage me was like OMGWTFBBQSAWCE when Scott Hall hit Goldberg with the cattle prod. WHATS GONNA HAPPEN NEXT OMG! They had my attention pretty solid for awhile after that one.

Bad News Gertner
10-25-2016, 12:51 PM
Guys. ....it's almost Nashvember

Sepholio
10-25-2016, 12:55 PM
I KNOW SUPER STOKED RITE MEOW

Bad News Gertner
10-25-2016, 12:57 PM
Every October I look forward to creating the ceremonial Nashvember Thread. I will be taking next Tuesday off work.

Sepholio
10-25-2016, 12:58 PM
I shall join you, kind sir, in celebrating the greatness that is all things Kevin Nash.

Bad News Gertner
10-25-2016, 01:09 PM
Normally the season of Nashvember catches me by surprise at the end of the October, but it seems like things are at a fever pitch this year. You could cut the electricity with a knife.

Sepholio
10-25-2016, 01:11 PM
Maybe Nashvember is coming early this year!

I always wanted Santa to come early but he's a jew so he never did. Kevin Nash is way better though so he might come through for us!

Simple Fan
10-25-2016, 02:02 PM
Santa being Jew made me laugh. He doesn't even visit Jewish kids. Also looking forward to Nashvember.

Evil Vito
10-25-2016, 03:33 PM
Nashvember to Dieselember is the best time of the year.

Maybe we should have an Oztoberfest.

#BROKEN Hasney
10-25-2016, 04:23 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/lfjzvxgtLrs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Emperor Smeat
10-25-2016, 04:46 PM
Mostly a mix of him changing WCW to be less about in-ring stuff and more about skits and other stuff that didn't really help them at the time. Also pissed off the undercard who thought they were going to be treated better but instead it was just the same or worse with the status quo. Supposedly also might have played a big role in the start of Eddie and Benoit wanting to leave WCW at the first chance possible.

Don't really buy the idea of him having no booking role in his mega push or Fingerpoke incident but regardless he did a lot to damage Goldberg's value post-streak with the booking. Most places either assume he took over as head booker right around the time of his big push or played a big role like how Triple H did when he was on top in the WWE.

Sixx
10-25-2016, 05:52 PM
he has a bad rap because he's white

#1-norm-fan
10-25-2016, 06:50 PM
Nash ending Goldberg's streak would have been okay were it not merely a vehicle to turn him heel via handing the belt to Hogan, therefore making the end of the streak mean precisely dick and invalidating nearly a year's worth of storyline's. As it was it was indefensible.

Kinda like Brock Lesnar ending Taker's streak as a vehicle to win the world title, lose it to... nobody and the finally get beat by... Taker. Except replace "making the end of the streak mean precisely dick and invalidating nearly a year's worth of storylines" with "making the end of the streak mean precisely dick and invalidating nearly 25 years worth of storylines".

Fuck this company.

#1-norm-fan
10-25-2016, 06:52 PM
Kevin Nash is alright in my book though.

Hanso Amore
10-25-2016, 09:24 PM
The finger poke reuniting the mega powers of the nwo against Goldberg would have been great. They had months of a program of him working sneay through Steiner, hall, Nash to get to hogan and another mega money match. I get the idea.

I do admit the follow through lacked, but the fact that russo came in soon after I think was a big part in derailing that

Sepholio
10-26-2016, 12:05 AM
Yeah I blame russo.

Emperor Smeat
10-26-2016, 12:48 AM
The finger poke reuniting the mega powers of the nwo against Goldberg would have been great. They had months of a program of him working sneay through Steiner, hall, Nash to get to hogan and another mega money match. I get the idea.

I do admit the follow through lacked, but the fact that russo came in soon after I think was a big part in derailing that

Even if that was the plan, doubt people would stay interested since by that point people were tired of nWo stuff and storylines getting the main focus. The Fingerpoke always gets pointed as the tipping point where the WWF won the Monday Night Wars.

Also doubt Goldberg would win the second match since the story usually goes Hogan only agreed to drop the title because he'd be guaranteed to get his "win" back and at a bigger event than on an episode of Nitro. Fun fact, Hogan tried the same stunt with some tweaks against HBK years later and lead to HBK making a big mockery of their match. Hogan managed to get some changes made so his win could occur first and not commit to HBK getting a win back later.

JimmyMess
10-26-2016, 09:56 AM
shortly after the fingerpoke.... wasn't that when Goldberg put his fist through the car window and was out for 8 months which fucked the whole deal?

Nash is the goods! Always has been always will be!