PDA

View Full Version : SCG Radio #102 - WCW Nitro April 10th 2000 RuView

hb2k
11-01-2016, 11:05 AM
Just to drop this in here, the latest Squared Circle Gazette Radio is now up, for our very first "RuView" - giving an in-depth analysis of Vince Russo written television. We're kicking off with the famed April 10th 2000 episode of WCW Nitro, the legendary "restart show" that saw the formation of Russo and Bischoff's New Blood, Returns, Debuts, Turns, Swerved, Insider Comments, Chaos, Carnage and Bret Hart. Talking Shane Douglas Vs. Ric Flair, a 4 Man Tournament to decide an opponent for Jeff Jarrett, Billy Kidman feuding with Hulk Hogan, Scott Steiner being insane, MEAT, and a whole lot more (believe me). A really fun show this week, check it out and let us know what you think!

http://squaredcirclegazette.podbean.com/mf/web/crap5m/SCG_Radio_102_-_April_10th_2000_WCW_Nitro_RuView.mp3

Ol Dirty Dastard
11-01-2016, 12:33 PM
lol you guys should do more show reviews, not just Vinny Ru. Was a really fun listen.

Ol Dirty Dastard
11-01-2016, 12:34 PM
WE ALL KNOW THE STORIES ABOUT WHAT HAPPENED IN NEW YORK.

Btw Meat's story was that he was recording backstage conversations. Don't ask me how I remember that, as I hadn't talked about it since I was 14 years old.

hb2k
11-01-2016, 03:00 PM
Oh I know, he got caught recording a conversation in a car with Bulldog and Blackman. But if you didn't know that at the time (and how many people could have?), it boggles the mind that he was scripted to say that.

Ol Dirty Dastard
11-01-2016, 03:16 PM
Yeah like... it doesn't make sense. Who would have possibly given a flying fuck.

I remember that show being actually well received at the time because it was "something different" and "edgy" which is fucking hilarious in retrospect. The glowing reviews didn't last long.

The MAC
11-01-2016, 03:43 PM
Guys, I've started to get into your podcast and enjoy that british humour. I download it onto my phone and its becoming my bedtime listening.

But for the love of Kamala :Please get an audio compressor! When you guys laugh its just too fucking loud all of a sudden. It really spoils all the good work you have been doing.

Keep up the good work.

Mac

Mr. Nerfect
11-01-2016, 10:33 PM
Another great listen. Kieran's hatred for Vince Russo is beautiful.

I second the idea for future review shows. Maybe even things that are positively remembered, or just quirky little detours in the public consciousness. I would love to hear you guys take on Mid-South or even SMW and see how well it holds up, or even some CHIKARA or PWG shows. Could be sectioned up like your "Better Face or Heel" shows.

Mr. Nerfect
11-01-2016, 10:34 PM
Meat sounds genuinely creepy, by the way. Don't know why you would use that to promote Shawn Stasiak. Sounds more fitting for a Dustin Rhodes gimmick.

Ol Dirty Dastard
11-01-2016, 10:44 PM
But New York Noid.... New York!

Anybody Thrilla
11-02-2016, 11:39 AM
Another great listen. Kieran's hatred for Vince Russo is beautiful.

I second the idea for future review shows. Maybe even things that are positively remembered, or just quirky little detours in the public consciousness. I would love to hear you guys take on Mid-South or even SMW and see how well it holds up, or even some CHIKARA or PWG shows. Could be sectioned up like your "Better Face or Heel" shows.

Maybe, but also maybe stick to stuff that a majority of people have either seen or have access to.

Also, sort of wish you guys would have said you were going to do this show ahead of time so I could have watched this Nitro on the Network heading in. Unless you said that on Facebook and I missed it. Good work as always!

Mr. Nerfect
11-03-2016, 01:11 AM
I think it was mentioned at the end of the last episode. Well, they said they were doing the RuView, that's for sure, but I'm trying to remember if the specific episode was mentioned.