PDA

View Full Version : RVD Heel Turn?

thuganomicalcrippler
05-25-2004, 01:35 PM
This is from Rajah.com

* Today the WWE released the lineups for the July Smackdown house shows at Budokan Hall in Tokyo, Japan and will feature the first announced return of the Big Show from his knee surgeries. Also on the tour is Tough Enough 3 winner Matt Cappotelli who is expected to be making his debut on the Smackdown brand shortly. Here are the cards:

The Friday, July 16 lineup features:
*WWE champion Eddie Guerrero vs. Rob Van Dam
*The Undertaker vs. John Bradshaw Layfield
*WWE United States champion John Cena vs. Rene Dupree
*WWE Tag Team champions Rico and Charlie Haas vs. The Dudley Boyz
*Rey Mysterio vs. Big Show - listed as a “Match made by Kurt Angle”
*Billy Kidman and Paul London vs. Hardcore Holly and Billy Gunn
*Torrie Wilson vs. Dawn Marie with special guest ring announcers Sable and Funaki
*Chavo Guerrero vs. Nunzio vs. Matt Cappotelli
*Jamie Noble vs. Mordecai

So it looks like Eddie vs RVD. Does this mean a heel turn for RVD?

Fryza
05-25-2004, 01:36 PM
ntgbhntjhbtjgbn WHY ARE THEY CREATING NEW HEELS? I though they needed FACES.

Shaggy
05-25-2004, 01:38 PM
I dont think it will mean a heel turn for RVD. They couldnt get him over as a heel if they tried anyway. I think that it will just be a match between two faces that they are hopeing will become really good. Just like when they put Beniot against Michaels on Raw. They are just hoping for something good out of it. They figure fans will buy tickets to see RVD get his long waited title shot vs Guerrero.

big_bluto
05-26-2004, 08:20 AM
R V D !!!
:y:
*Bluto marks out at RVD getting a title shot*

Bret Hart
05-26-2004, 11:00 AM
Yeah, I want to see an RVD heel turn, but I'm not sure they can make him a great heel. The fans are always cheering for him.

Deceit
05-26-2004, 11:43 AM
RVD was an AWESOME heel back in ECW. If they do indeed give him his long-awaited heel turn, they'll probably just fuck it up like Booker's turn anyway. Nothing to get excited about :(

Gone Mad
05-26-2004, 12:39 PM
RVD's heel turn would work with a manager did,just like it did in ECW. Maybe Paul Heyman or hopefully a Bill Alphonso. That will get him over,even if people still cheer for him. They just hate him for a sec because of the manager screwing with the crowd and his association with RVD. The problem with this is the Jindrak character. Both RVD and Jindrak would be the same but WWE tends to have multiples at times.

Sephiroth
05-26-2004, 12:57 PM
Wow...should be a sweet match Eddie vs RVD :love:

KillerWolf
05-26-2004, 01:27 PM
ugnhh...it wont work. the fans'll chear'im.
WHO THE FUCK CARES!!!

this is one case where wweeee should take a chance and turn RVD into a cocky little a-hole. he's already got the haircut.

i dont see how anyone could give a shit about RVD's current character. his sole purpose since he's been in the wweeeee has been to put over newly turned heels. i wont even go into his move set or the contrivedness of his spots, but the only good matches that i can remember were against Eddie Guerrero.

a heel turn is the only way to bring new life into this stale character.

KillerWolf
05-26-2004, 01:37 PM
it would be so easy to get RVD over as a heel. maybe people say it cant be done because we're ocustumed to the modern mediorcre writing in the wwe, where it would just be like "okay, im a heel now" (ala bob holly, billy gunn)

all RVD would have to do to get over as a heel is do the two things that HEELS DO:
1) DASTARDLY DEEDS
2) ANTAGONIZE THE FANS

i mean come on, HULK HOGAN got over as a heel in WCW.

thuganomicalcrippler
05-26-2004, 01:47 PM
it would be so easy to get RVD over as a heel. maybe people say it cant be done because we're ocustumed to the modern mediorcre writing in the wwe, where it would just be like "okay, im a heel now" (ala bob holly, billy gunn)

all RVD would have to do to get over as a heel is do the two things that HEELS DO:
1) DASTARDLY DEEDS
2) ANTAGONIZE THE FANS

i mean come on, HULK HOGAN got over as a heel in WCW.

The CyNick
05-26-2004, 04:35 PM
Ive maintained the way to do it, is for Eddie and RVD to meet as babyafces (Summerslam probably). Eddie wins. Paul Heyman cuts a promo on RVD saying that he's lost his fire he's nothing, he's a loser etc. Dudleys come into attack, Eddie makes the save. They book a tag match on SD, then RVD turns on Eddie, and the feud really heats up.

RVD could then work for Heyman and do his bidding. That should get the fans upset. Plus, RVD and Eddie can put on some great matches.

John la Rock
05-26-2004, 04:54 PM
Ive maintained the way to do it, is for Eddie and RVD to meet as babyafces (Summerslam probably). Eddie wins. Paul Heyman cuts a promo on RVD saying that he's lost his fire he's nothing, he's a loser etc. Dudleys come into attack, Eddie makes the save. They book a tag match on SD, then RVD turns on Eddie, and the feud really heats up.

RVD could then work for Heyman and do his bidding. That should get the fans upset. Plus, RVD and Eddie can put on some great matches.

well put :y:

LK
05-27-2004, 06:38 AM

:y:

I think right now Eddie is so over as a face. So if anyone was to come out and really viciously beat Eddie they would get over as a heel. Like we saw with the RVD vs Eddie ladder match, these two can put on great matches.

big_bluto
05-27-2004, 06:42 AM
Watch out ladies, gentlemen, boys and girls!

Eddie v RVD will be the saviour of Smackdown! :yes:
*bluto gets tissues as he's positively drooling at the thought of RVD v Eddie, and the hope that RVD turns heel* :drool: :D :drool:

CBright7831
05-27-2004, 07:21 AM
Watch out ladies, gentlemen, boys and girls!

Eddie v RVD will be the saviour of Smackdown! :yes:
*bluto gets tissues as he's positively drooling at the thought of RVD v Eddie, and the hope that RVD turns heel* :drool: :D :drool:
You need to fill the mid card also.

Jericho's Girl
05-27-2004, 12:36 PM
Hmmm...cool lineup. :)

And Big Show is back too.

Oxstar
05-27-2004, 12:44 PM
How long will it be before RVD is champion?

big_bluto
05-27-2004, 12:58 PM
How long will it be before RVD is champion?

Too long!!!!!!!!!!!
They must make him champ right away, and kill John Bradshaw Layfield!

(okay, maybe they don't have to kill him, and a decent build-up would be good for RVD as a heel, on the proviso that they don't let Stephanie anywhere near the writing)

05-27-2004, 02:01 PM

There we go, wasn't that easy. Almost ANYONE can get over as a heel if booked right. Whilst Van Dam is pretty popular, he's not blowing the roof off with his face pops so what's to stop him going heel if they so desired? Besides, when a heel starts turning face (such as RVD might do down the line), they often end up more popular than before if handled correctly.

Xero
05-27-2004, 02:15 PM
I always said that the fans would never boo Austin... When Austin turned heel, he was booed more than cheered, and had alot of heat... Although Austin as a heel never worked out, it IS possible to turn anyone...

Van Dam could make such a great cocky heel... And since he doesnt have the mic skills, put Heyman in his corner and you've got gold... Or bring back Alfanzo... He was a good enough mouth peice to get RVD over as a heel...

HankScorpio
05-27-2004, 02:22 PM
Am I the only one who is enjoying the RVD/Rey tag-team at the mo?Don't get me wrong RVD deserves a title shot,but the comination of those two is awesome.Their tag team and Mordecai are the only reasons I'm watching SmackDown! every week

Deceit
05-27-2004, 02:29 PM
Am I the only one who is enjoying the RVD/Rey tag-team at the mo?Don't get me wrong RVD deserves a title shot,but the comination of those two is awesome.Their tag team and Mordecai are the only reasons I'm watching SmackDown! every week

:y: :y: :y: :y: :y: :y: :y: :y: :y:

Loose Cannon
05-27-2004, 02:31 PM
There we go, wasn't that easy. Almost ANYONE can get over as a heel if booked right. Whilst Van Dam is pretty popular, he's not blowing the roof off with his face pops so what's to stop him going heel if they so desired? Besides, when a heel starts turning face (such as RVD might do down the line), they often end up more popular than before if handled correctly.

All they have to do is align his ass with Heyman, make him cheat via Heyman's help and act like an arogant SOB like in ECW. Seems pretty simple to me. And also make him the lead guy in a Heyman led ECW faction.

KillerWolf
05-27-2004, 04:13 PM
i havnt watched smackdown, but its a little anoying that they have put RVD in YET ANOTHER random tag team, and this time with another perpetual babyface character.

nice avatar btw.

Corkscrewed
05-27-2004, 05:05 PM
I'm still going with RVD joining the Dudleys and slowly building up the ECW-esque faction.

ColdwaVer
05-27-2004, 08:18 PM
Seriously, people point out how RVD was cheered in the alliance and how nobody will boo him... well during his Alliance run he wasn't booked as a heel at all. He was only considered a heel by virtue of his association with WCW/ECW, and as soon as the Invasion ended he was an immediate face. Hell, he was actually pushed as a face for the Triple Threat main event at No Mercy 2001. I don't think it would be difficult at all, using the already mentioned tactics, to get the fans to hate him pretty quickly. If none of that works, have him beat up Torrie Wilson or something.

The CyNick
05-27-2004, 10:26 PM
Good point