PDA

View Full Version : When did you stop watching wrestling (and just read news sites)

The MAC
12-13-2016, 06:18 AM
I want to know from you, dear reader, at which point did you stop watching religiously and just start reading new sites to keep up?

Can you remember what turned you off?

Black Widow
12-13-2016, 06:24 AM
2006 - 2011 everyone was raving about Douchebag.

Been watching again since then.

Bad News Gertner
12-13-2016, 08:10 AM
Haven't watched in about 3 years

Mr. Nerfect
12-13-2016, 02:09 PM
I will watch the occasional show here and there, but late last year was a real jump the shark moment for me. My attention has probably been waning for a few years, but the 2015 Royal Rumble was so fucking tone deaf I don't think I've ever recovered.

Emperor Smeat
12-13-2016, 02:28 PM
While it wasn't a complete stop, had a stretch of time between 2002-2004 where I watched a lot less wrestling during college. Main reason was due to the college's cable package not carrying the channels RAW and Smackdown were on at the same time.

Missed a lot of the Smackdown Six era because UPN wasn't carried for my first year there. A year later missed a lot of RAW because Spike TV got dropped while UPN got carried. Wasn't till my Junior year that the college's cable package carried the channels both shows were on.

BigCrippyZ
12-13-2016, 02:38 PM
I will watch the occasional show here and there, but late last year was a real jump the shark moment for me. My attention has probably been waning for a few years, but the 2015 Royal Rumble was so fucking tone deaf I don't think I've ever recovered.

Same for me.

Big Vic
12-13-2016, 03:24 PM
Roman Reigns got me really disinterested. But I do like catching SDL now.

Maluco
12-13-2016, 06:58 PM
The peak of the Reigns push...not because of him necessarily, but just because there was nothing happening outside of that. Nothing surprising or compelling ever happens, there is no emotion in any storylines and nothing intriguing at stake.

Great matches, yes, but I have no desire to see Owens vs Zayn fighting forever (over nothing) or Miz vs Ziggler fight forever (over nothing)

Stories don't move forward and never get personal. The Network is a massive problem because now there isn't even a desire to make us want to shell out to watch two guys go at it. It happens every week and every month on free TV, eternally, forever, for nothing.

I miss watching wrestling and getting excited for PPV, but it's a chore watching the current stuff, so would rather do something else.

WinterDecay
12-13-2016, 09:53 PM
I stopped roughly when Triple H grew the muttonchops ...

BigCrippyZ
12-13-2016, 10:03 PM
Nothing surprising or compelling ever happens, there is no emotion in any storylines and nothing intriguing at stake.

Great matches, yes, but I have no desire to see Owens vs Zayn fighting forever (over nothing) or Miz vs Ziggler fight forever (over nothing)

Stories don't move forward and never get personal. The Network is a massive problem because now there isn't even a desire to make us want to shell out to watch two guys go at it. It happens every week and every month on free TV, eternally, forever, for nothing.

I miss watching wrestling and getting excited for PPV, but it's a chore watching the current stuff, so would rather do something else.

This is a great synopsis of why I don't watch anymore. Also why I kept the network for as long as I did so I could go back and rewatch the great stories of the past when these current issues didn't exist.

KIRA
12-13-2016, 10:08 PM
Triple H'S Dark Reign

DAMN iNATOR
12-13-2016, 11:32 PM
Allow me to answer in titantron formot:

R8ykJMXKe_c

The CyNick
12-13-2016, 11:38 PM
I think everyone on this site claims they don't watch. Claims.

DAMN iNATOR
12-13-2016, 11:40 PM
I watch, but a lot of times its just background noise while I surf the web/post here/play mobile and vidya games.

Damian Rey 2.0
12-14-2016, 01:13 AM
I don't watch. Haven't watched a full wwe show since Wrestlemania. And I probably won't watch another until the Rumble.

The most I've caught is YouTube clips of stuff mentioned here and there. Like Goldberg's return, for example.

But to actually sit down and watch and actively follow the product? Nope. Not since mania.