PDA

View Full Version : Feuds or angles you really want to see in 2017

Mr. Nerfect
12-25-2016, 06:45 PM
The title is pretty self-explanatory. I hate using the term "wishlist," but what do you want to see in 2017?

At some point after Mania, probably in the build-up to SummerSlam, I want to see John Cena vs. Samoa Joe. Their start in the business, Joe finally coming in and going to NXT, him evolving into such a good heel -- it would be like the Cena vs. Styles storyline, except it wouldn't need that creative fabrication of "isn't this the dream match?". Joe coming for Cena has got a tinge of truth to it that would make it one of the more exciting programs in wrestling for a long while. Plus, with Joe having the submission presentation, it's not entirely out of the realm of possibility to imagine Joe locking the Coquina Clutch in on Cena and making him tap for a huge shocking moment. Imagine if this comes after Cena has just beaten The Undertaker at WrestleMania too...

When it comes to Roman Reigns' scheduled opponent for WrestleMania, I'm now pretty narrowly locked in on Chris Jericho. It'd be easy enough to segue into it with Reigns facing Owens at the Rumble. Have Jericho win the US Title, because that man deserves a run with something right now, and allow him the creative freedom he had with Shawn Michaels and Rey Mysterio. Make it one of "those" Chris Jericho programs. I can just imagine Jericho giving a list of reasons that these people hate Roman Reigns. The matches will be good too. I'm not particularly keen on babyface Jericho, but the fans are no doubt going to be on his side, so at some point you can do an organic switch in personalities. Maybe after Jericho has lost the belt back to Reigns and wants his rematch, Reigns can try and turn him down -- or he becomes more vicious and paranoid as the US Champion after everything Jericho's put him through. It's not going to be hard to get the fans to see him as the villain.

I've cooled down a lot on women's wrestling since it's been promoted so heavily on the main roster without much but the buzzwords changing, but one female performer that captured my younger imagination was Mickie James. She threw herself into that Trish Stratus-obsessed gimmick so effectively. With Mickie coming back, I'd like to see her bring elements of that into a program with Becky Lynch, who has got the fandom and aesthetic to lend herself well to this program. There hasn't been a strong women's feud in a while. Charlotte and Sasha, mainly, but it has really just been a series of matches. Let's get some personal issues in the divisions.

On the topic of Mickie James, it's kind of surreal that we're going to have John Cena, Nikki Bella, Ken Doane and Mickie James on the same roster. There is a lot of potential there for something interesting to be drawn. Doane going around claiming that the image Cena puts up is a load of shit, Mickie telling Nikki that she had Cena first...and she's had him since, Mickie accusing Cena and Nikki of getting her out of the company. There is a lot to mine there. Kenny is only 30 years old -- he's realistically in that same bracket as Seth Rollins, Roman Reigns, Dean Ambrose and Bray Wyatt as "The Future."

I'll stop there for now, but I'm curious to hear yours.

DAMN iNATOR
12-26-2016, 04:43 PM
Angles? Hmm, how about

WJG5NWB075o

Now that's an Angle I want to see in WWE in 2017.

Mr. Nerfect
12-26-2016, 04:49 PM
Do you think they have the nanobots to heal Angle yet?

KIRA
12-26-2016, 05:23 PM
Samoa Joe V Brock

Mr. Nerfect
12-26-2016, 05:26 PM
Any particular time you want to see it, KIRA? It's cool if you haven't thought that far though.

screech
12-26-2016, 05:48 PM
Samoa Joe V Brock

I would love this. Joe is a legit threat to Brock, and might be able to take him to task for just wanting to "throw some suplexes and go home" (or whatever he told Ambrose).

I think he is one of the few guys whose NXT persona can smoothly carry to the main roster and still get him over. It's a simple build - run through everyone until Brock is either the only one left or notices his streak - but it would totally work.

screech
12-26-2016, 05:49 PM
Come to think of it, Lesnar taking notice of Joe and telling Heyman "Get me that guy next" would be awesome.

KIRA
12-26-2016, 07:47 PM
Any particular time you want to see it, KIRA? It's cool if you haven't thought that far though.

Hmm I'd actually like it as a Summerslam Main Event.

I'd also love it if Roman was gunning for a match with Brock at the same time (for different reasons) while Joe is leaving bodies until Roman is the last guy between him and a match with Lesnar and Joe just destroys him.

Mr. Nerfect
12-26-2016, 09:30 PM
If they do Joe vs. Brock, I kind of want it to be Brock's last match though, because I want Joe to destroy him. I'd be cool with Brock vs. Reigns and Joe vs. Cena at SummerSlam though. Have Brock destroy Reigns and Joe beat Cena en route to a WrestleMania clash with each other.

Emperor Smeat
12-26-2016, 09:51 PM
Joe vs Cena in the vein of Owens-Cena feud but without Vince panicking the moment Cena lost a big match.

WWE already started to tease at such a possibility on their official Twitter account.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Believe it or not, <a href="https://twitter.com/JohnCena">@JohnCena</a> and <a href="https://twitter.com/SamoaJoe">@SamoaJoe</a> go WAAAY back! Here's what you need to know... <a href="https://t.co/ez0razVzJR">pic.twitter.com/ez0razVzJR</a></p>&mdash; WWE (@WWE) <a href="https://twitter.com/WWE/status/813504876625809408">December 26, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Mr. Nerfect
12-26-2016, 10:06 PM
Interesting...

Ruien
12-26-2016, 11:17 PM
Rollins vs Goldberg. Rollins vs Cena. Rollins vs HHH w/ HHH retiring after losing.

Vastardikai
12-26-2016, 11:31 PM
Miz vs. Nakamura. And I'm 100% serious.

Easiest way to get Nakamura over with the WWE audience is to have Miz declare himself the best IC champion in the world today, and Daniel Bryan say "I know one former IC Champion who may have an issue with that." Miz is like "Who, Dolph? Bret? Patterson? Get real!"

Cue Violins, have Nakamura be played up as the former IWGP IC Champion. The hardcore fans will be into him because he's the Friggin' King of Strong Style. The casuals will be into him initially because he wants to knee Miz in the head, and Miz has the most punchable of faces and kneeable of heads. And during the feud, Shinsuke's charisma will lock the casuals in.

screech
12-26-2016, 11:45 PM
That sounds wonderful!

Mr. Nerfect
12-27-2016, 12:34 AM
I'm a fan of Nakamura coming in to kick Miz in the head. I would have been keen for it to be Hideo Itami too, because I feel he needs something and The Miz's personality would play better against Itami's.

mike adamle
12-27-2016, 12:56 AM
Cena vs. Goldberg could be something gold

BigCrippyZ
12-27-2016, 01:25 AM
Feel like Samoa Joe is WAY under utilized in NXT, especially at this point. Guy's the total package. Not Rock, Austin, Hogan potential, but Angle, Benoit, Jericho, Kane, if booked properly.

Mr. Nerfect
12-27-2016, 02:14 AM

Would actually like to see that. I wouldn't make a story out of it, but if they really want to make Goldberg special then Cena is one of those guys who could make him look like a million bucks by getting hit with the Spear and Jackhammer and going down.

Mr. Nerfect
12-27-2016, 02:17 AM
Feel like Samoa Joe is WAY under utilized in NXT, especially at this point. Guy's the total package. Not Rock, Austin, Hogan potential, but Angle, Benoit, Jericho, Kane, if booked properly.

I'm hoping his time there is almost done. I'd like to see an angle where William Regal doesn't give him any more shots at Nakamura, so he beats the piss out of William Regal. This brings Kassius Ohno back to NXT to stand up for justice. Ohno defeats Joe at Takeover Mania and becomes the challenger for Bobby Roode and the NXT Title while Joe moves onto the main roster.

Joe's got an intensity that almost no one else outside that part-timer circle has. His promo style is refreshing too, but I worry that he is going to be just another guy when he is called up.

Big Vic
12-27-2016, 09:16 AM
I'd like to see Roman Reigns vs Chris Jericho in a loser leaves town match next week on raw. Y2J wins and Reigns is off TV for the rest of the year.

XL
12-27-2016, 10:03 AM
I really wouldn't mind Joe vs Reigns. Frame it as a PO'd Joe taking his frustrations out on Reigns in a "you're the corporate sponsored face of the Samoan people who was handed opportunity after opportunity because of who your cousin is/you come from the right family, meanwhile I've toiled away fighting around the world for the last 2 decades and when I finally get to WWE I get sent to NXT for 2 years to fight rookies. I've been put on a leash and denied opportunities that I deserve, but now the leash is off and I'm not done waiting, I'm taking."

Rammsteinmad
12-27-2016, 10:37 AM
... And then he jobs.

Lock Jaw
12-27-2016, 11:29 AM
Braun Strowman vs Brock Lesnar

XL
12-27-2016, 11:40 AM
... And then he jobs.

:'(

Simple Fan
12-27-2016, 04:05 PM
Joe vs Cena in the vein of Owens-Cena feud but without Vince panicking the moment Cena lost a big match.

WWE already started to tease at such a possibility on their official Twitter account.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Believe it or not, <a href="https://twitter.com/JohnCena">@JohnCena</a> and <a href="https://twitter.com/SamoaJoe">@SamoaJoe</a> go WAAAY back! Here's what you need to know... <a href="https://t.co/ez0razVzJR">pic.twitter.com/ez0razVzJR</a></p>&mdash; WWE (@WWE) <a href="https://twitter.com/WWE/status/813504876625809408">December 26, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Joe vs Cena is what I want to see most in 2017. Would be a good personal feud after Mania for Cena once he's a 16 time champion. I'd also like to see Styles vs Orton at some point as I thought it might happen this year but didn't.

KIRA
12-27-2016, 07:35 PM
That sounds wonderful!

Even better keep the cowardly aspects of Miz intact (his fear of being hit in the money maker) but then ramp up his terror after being on the receiving end of a kick or knee from Nakamura to the point he is deathly afraid but he also really wants to keep the IC belt which forces him back into the ring against the king of strong style.

Vastardikai
12-27-2016, 11:24 PM
Even better keep the cowardly aspects of Miz intact (his fear of being hit in the money maker) but then ramp up his terror after being on the receiving end of a kick or knee from Nakamura to the point he is deathly afraid but he also really wants to keep the IC belt which forces him back into the ring against the king of strong style.

Like I said, License to Print Money.

Heisenberg
12-30-2016, 04:27 PM
Miz vs. Nakamura. And I'm 100% serious.

Easiest way to get Nakamura over with the WWE audience is to have Miz declare himself the best IC champion in the world today, and Daniel Bryan say "I know one former IC Champion who may have an issue with that." Miz is like "Who, Dolph? Bret? Patterson? Get real!"

Cue Violins, have Nakamura be played up as the former IWGP IC Champion. The hardcore fans will be into him because he's the Friggin' King of Strong Style. The casuals will be into him initially because he wants to knee Miz in the head, and Miz has the most punchable of faces and kneeable of heads. And during the feud, Shinsuke's charisma will lock the casuals in.

This. Miz deserves a high profile feud, not that he is being treated like crap or anything right now. He's definitely watchable w/ Maryse in tow

Heisenberg
12-30-2016, 04:42 PM
These are bold prediction wishes:

Orton v.s. Fandango @ SummerSlam

Bray Wyatt w/ Fam v.s. Eric Young w/ SaniTY in an Asylum Match @ Halloween Havoc 2017

Kevin Owens v.s. Samoa Joe HIAC@ Hell in a Cell

Sober Scott Steiner and Rick Steiner v.s. The Revival @ Taboo Tuesday 2017

****BOLD BOLD BOLD**** Jay Lethal v.s. AJ Styles for the hand of Charlotte Flair, gives us the excuse of bring ol' Ric out for a barb or two against Lethal

Kurt Angle w/ American Alpha v.s. Tropic Thunder Kane w/ Machine Gun Curtis Axel & Cowboy Kofi

Cesaro v.s. Kurt Angle

Cesaro v.s. Dark Cesaro(a masked Cesaro lookalike equipped with pepperoni nipples)

#BROKEN Hasney
12-30-2016, 05:08 PM
Matt Hardy V Jack Gallagher

Simple Fan
12-30-2016, 05:39 PM
Matt Hardy to DELETE the Roman Empire. Yeaaaaaaaaas

Simple Fan
12-30-2016, 05:46 PM
Kurt Angle w/ American Alpha v.s. Tropic Thunder Kane w/ Machine Gun Curtis Axel & Cowboy Kofi

Machine Gun Curtis Axel. Skol Skol Skol Skol Skol Skol Skol Skol Skol Skol Skol Skol Skol Skol Skol Skol Skol Skol Skol Skol Skol Skol Skol Skol Skol Skol Skol Skol Skol Skol Skol Skol Skol Skol Skol Skol Skol Skol Skol Skol Skol. Rapid Skol fire.

unclebrown
12-30-2016, 10:35 PM

Ready to Rumble would become full circle

Ol Dirty Dastard
12-31-2016, 10:33 AM
CyNick vs Noid w/ wwffan as Noid's manager and Dastardly Dale Neestead as special guest referee as an impartial enforcer. Emphasis on enforcer, motherfuckrrs

Evil Vito
12-31-2016, 12:56 PM
CyNick/Noid should definitely headling TPWWMania. The only question is if Noid will win the Royal Forumble and challenge for the TPWW Title or if someone else will win it and get some midcard Casual Forum Title match.

Evil Vito
12-31-2016, 12:56 PM
I will lobby for myself and Broken Hasney to get a tag team title opportunity but if not I suppose I once again enter the Tazz Dan Memorial Battle Royal.

Heisenberg
12-31-2016, 01:07 PM
We need to all meet in Vegas and rumble in a lobby then gamble afterwards like nothing happened

Mr. Nerfect
12-31-2016, 03:00 PM
CyNick/Noid should definitely headling TPWWMania. The only question is if Noid will win the Royal Forumble and challenge for the TPWW Title or if someone else will win it and get some midcard Casual Forum Title match.

:lol:

Damian Rey 2.0
12-31-2016, 03:09 PM
Droford and I can headline the midcard in a Baltimore street fight

Jordan
12-31-2016, 04:15 PM
Would like to see Strowman get a mega push and hold the title for most of the year, just so long as they keep it simple and don't try to make him something he isn't. Something different is needed.

Seth really needs to be victimized by Triple H for this program to work for me so hopefully Triple H gets really cerebral on the road to WM.

I want Joe on the main, working with the all the good guys.

I want Nakamaura to go to the main, or bring some big boys to NXT.

Please keep Zayn relevant, he's got an ability to be over in any building he works in, utilize it. I think that Zayn could have an interesting program with the New Day. Floating another star or two here and there to help him out. Maybe even Golden Truth. Those guys are so good they really could be used so much better.

Mr. Nerfect
12-31-2016, 04:20 PM
I'm actually thinking the opposite with Rollins and Triple H. It feels like Rollins has been booked down for this program. After all, Seth was offered the position in The Authority because he "led" The Shield successfully against Triple H and Evolution in 2014.

Triple H is likely to be the guy who costs his WrestleMania opponent the Royal Rumble. This ear-marks Rollins as a guy that maybe shoulda won. He should remind people of that at every point -- this is now twice that Triple H has stopped Rollins from winning the World Title he only lost because of a gimmick.

I want to see a cocky Rollins heading into the match with Triple H. I want Rollins to be confident and know that he is God's Last Gift to Professional Wrestling. I want Rollins to appoint himself The Chosen One, regardless of what Triple H thinks he can do about it. This is Triple H's trying to get in Rollins' spotlight, not vice versa, and Triple H has picked a fight with the most cerebral competitor in WWE, and now his daughters have to watch him get his head stomped at WrestleMania.

Fuck this whiny brat Rollins.

Mr. Nerfect
12-31-2016, 04:22 PM
Before they stuck him with Sheamus, I wanted to see a Cesaro/Zayn tag team. With Zayn taking the beatings and Cesaro making the hot tag in, they would have been fucking sweet together. It would have continued the story from their NXT days, where Zayn earned the respect of Cesaro, and when they eventually came to blows there would be emotional investment.

I don't know if you can get there now, since Sheamus is the random partner of Cesaro this month. Not with the same efficiency anyway.

XL
12-31-2016, 05:28 PM
Really like that idea for Rollins/HHH. Otherwise he's cosplaying as Daniel Bryan.

Mr. Nerfect
12-31-2016, 05:49 PM
What will happen? Triple H will blind-side Rollins at several points, but he'll be dressed as "The Game" not "Daddy Triple H" and do crotch-chops to prove that he's still cool and he's still got it and to try and create the illusion that this is a big match. Rollins will get his back and Triple H will bump like crazy to make it look good, because he wants the rep of making these guys look legit, but the general story will be "Rollins needed Triple H." The idea will be that at the end of it, when Seth manages to squeak out victory against Triple H that will finally prove that Seth Rollins is a real main eventer. This is despite two World Title runs and being cost the Royal Rumble. We will then be expected to be excited for him challenging for the World Title despite seeing him choke after getting opportunity after opportunity in recent months.

And yeah, cosplaying Daniel Bryan is a good phrase for it. They seem to occasionally be able to copy lyrics sometimes, but forget the music. They ignore what was really behind the Daniel Bryan phenomenon and instead think he was just over because he was an indy guy that got beat up by Triple H.

mike adamle
01-01-2017, 10:21 AM
Hoping we see Kurt Angle vs AJ Styles in a marquee match in WWE sometime in 2017

Ol Dirty Dastard
01-01-2017, 10:30 AM
And yeah, cosplaying Daniel Bryan is a good phrase for it. They seem to occasionally be able to copy lyrics sometimes, but forget the music. They ignore what was really behind the Daniel Bryan phenomenon and instead think he was just over because he was an indy guy that got beat up by Triple H.

I think they thought he got over because of how amazing Steph and HHH are at cutting 20 minute promos at the beginning of every show, and that this formula, (the one they have used since Austin/McMahon nearly 20 years ago) is one that is not at all stale.

Blonde Moment
01-01-2017, 10:53 AM
Angle wasn't medically cleared the last time so I don't see how he could be this time unless they use him like the used Bret and give him a garbage match or the odd tag.

Joe, as much as would like to see him go over Reigns just doesn't seem plausible given that Vince still seems to be high on the man. Joe will go over Reigns a few times maybe through cheating or interference and then get destroyed when it counts.

I desperate want to see Nakamura on the main roster and think Miz is a good start. if they aren't going to give Nakamura a manager then they need to put him against people who can do the talking for both of them. Question would be whose after Miz? Who will be the top dog and who will Nakamura have to go through to get to him?

Mr. Nerfect
01-01-2017, 07:25 PM
I think they thought he got over because of how amazing Steph and HHH are at cutting 20 minute promos at the beginning of every show, and that this formula, (the one they have used since Austin/McMahon nearly 20 years ago) is one that is not at all stale.

He kind of initially got really over because of bad booking. Maybe that explains the last couple of years? I mean, I don't think it could be used to explain the lead-up to that, but don't let that get in the way of a good...well, bad narrative.

KIRA
01-02-2017, 04:09 PM
Hoping we see Kurt Angle vs AJ Styles in a marquee match in WWE sometime in 2017

Why do people keep asking for Angle he's held together by masking tape and safety pins

Lock Jaw
01-02-2017, 04:11 PM
Just don't have him fight Seth Rollins and he'll be fine

KIRA
01-02-2017, 04:14 PM
Before they stuck him with Sheamus, I wanted to see a Cesaro/Zayn tag team. With Zayn taking the beatings and Cesaro making the hot tag in.

Don't we get that with Enzo and Cass?

Ruien
01-02-2017, 06:07 PM
I'm actually thinking the opposite with Rollins and Triple H. It feels like Rollins has been booked down for this program. After all, Seth was offered the position in The Authority because he "led" The Shield successfully against Triple H and Evolution in 2014.

Triple H is likely to be the guy who costs his WrestleMania opponent the Royal Rumble. This ear-marks Rollins as a guy that maybe shoulda won. He should remind people of that at every point -- this is now twice that Triple H has stopped Rollins from winning the World Title he only lost because of a gimmick.

I want to see a cocky Rollins heading into the match with Triple H. I want Rollins to be confident and know that he is God's Last Gift to Professional Wrestling. I want Rollins to appoint himself The Chosen One, regardless of what Triple H thinks he can do about it. This is Triple H's trying to get in Rollins' spotlight, not vice versa, and Triple H has picked a fight with the most cerebral competitor in WWE, and now his daughters have to watch him get his head stomped at WrestleMania.

Fuck this whiny brat Rollins.

Rollins 100% needs to bring back his laugh.

Mr. Nerfect
01-02-2017, 08:00 PM
Don't we get that with Enzo and Cass?

Yeah, but they're still very green and, frankly, kind of shitty.

The CyNick
01-03-2017, 01:50 PM
Strowman-Reigns
Cena-Corbin
Charlotte-Nikki

Phenomenal 1
01-03-2017, 02:20 PM
Finn Balor vs AJ Styles, battle of the Bullet Club

Lock Jaw
01-03-2017, 06:57 PM
Oh yeah,

I really want to see a Randy Orton vs. Baron Corbin feud for some reason.

The men with the "two most devastating moves".... RKO vs. End of Days. They can both fight and beat a bunch of jobbers and kill them with their finisher and argue over whose move is the best.

(will of course inevitably end with an End of Days reversed into an RKO)

RP
01-03-2017, 07:29 PM
Kevin Owens vs Roman Reigns

Lock Jaw
01-03-2017, 07:32 PM
Kevin Owens vs Roman Reigns

Your fantasy warfare will become a reality at Remember the Royal Rumble!!!!!