PDA

View Full Version : Hayabusa...

Mr. JL
12-21-2003, 12:41 AM
I just recently learned of this high flying Japanese wrestler. I've seen a few of his matches from ECW and a handfull of matches with FMW. I was curious about this particular wresler and decided to do some research on him.

What I found was that he is now paralyzed from an incident that occured in the ring. While I was viewing a few of his matches I accidently came across the match which ended his career. It was such a surreal moment and had goosebumps running down my body. He broke his neck in the ring attempting to perform a lionsault. It was just so sad to to see.

Something that felt heartfelt about it was as he lay on the mat he actually gave his goodbye speech to the crowd only minutes after the incident. I thought it was a real tribute of a class act, someone who wasn't wrestling for the money but for the people.

Kenny
12-21-2003, 01:41 AM
I saw his match against RVD and Sabu. I think I still have it on my computer. Definately a fun guy to watch wrestle.

I believe they also modeled a few independant wrestlers on the old WCW games after this guy. I used to play as him all the time. I didn't know about the neck incident and that is pretty sad. You never know what the future holds though... maybe we'll get to see him again a few years down the road.

KayfabeMan
12-21-2003, 01:45 AM
H was a really great worker.

He accomplished so much in such a short period of time.

It was a real shame to see a career ended in such a way,and a
person's life changed like that due to something like wrestling.It
(and other situations like it - ie. Droz,etc..) should wake people
up to the fact that these guys go out, on EVERY SINGLE LEVEL
(WWE,TNA,indies,etc..) and put their lives at risk just to enter-
tain the fans.

People who have no respect for the wrestling business at all (not
starting a discussion of how it's easy to look at it that way as an
outsider) have no idea what these guys go through each and ev-
ery time they go out.

I see it at my own events and at other events.The boys go out &
give EVERYTHING they have; they put on a 5-star match; and then
instead of the "fans" appreciating it,they wait for someone to miss
a spot (which happens to everyone occasionally) and then cheer
"YOU ****ED UP".Let's see you do it better.

Kenny
12-21-2003, 02:05 AM
I see it at my own events and at other events.The boys go out &
give EVERYTHING they have; they put on a 5-star match; and then
instead of the "fans" appreciating it,they wait for someone to miss
a spot (which happens to everyone occasionally) and then cheer
"YOU ****ED UP".Let's see you do it better.

Amen to that.

The "You f</>ucked up!" chants always got on my nerves. It just makes it harder for the talent to finish the match and when things like this happen it goes to show exactly how much these people risk to entertain us.

Rob
12-21-2003, 08:12 AM
The casual fans definately missed out by not seeing more on Hayabusa on a worldwide stage. His impact was huge though because the Shane Helms, Hardy Boyz, Jericho's, etc all were huge fans of his growing up and used his style (along with Shawn Michaels).

Jordan
12-21-2003, 11:29 AM
He was very cool to watch, at times but he botched a lot spots.