PDA

View Full Version : Alexa Bliss: My Daughter is a WWE Superstar

GD
02-23-2017, 05:22 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ldc_B2GD4ig" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I don't know about you folks, but I found her journey to be quite compelling. I have respect and admiration for what she has done with her life.

What did you guys think of the video? Did you check out the one featuring Balor?

GD
02-23-2017, 05:31 PM
Is it just me or her father was a bit distant or removed from all the drama :?:

#BROKEN Hasney
02-23-2017, 05:53 PM
Its good they're doing this for the women. They did a preview for the Nia one too

https://youtu.be/PN6ZBcN-veE

Black Widow
02-23-2017, 07:14 PM
I gotta give her parents credit for not being like the trash on Maury.

Ruien
02-23-2017, 07:30 PM
Bet Noid hates the video.

Lock Jaw
02-23-2017, 07:34 PM
v emotional watch.......

Mr. Nerfect
02-23-2017, 09:07 PM

I'm not going to watch it right now, but I bet it is well put together. It's great they're giving all these emotional backstories to their heels though.

Mercenary
02-23-2017, 09:49 PM

I bet he thinks Kelly Kelly peeing in a sink is better

DAMN iNATOR
02-23-2017, 10:48 PM
I can't wait for the barrage of hate when Bayley's video in the series drops...🙄🙄🙄

erickman
02-24-2017, 04:32 AM
why are they giving there heels vids like this they should wait till she is a face

#BROKEN Hasney
02-24-2017, 04:44 AM
why are they giving there heels vids like this they should wait till she is a face

No, because there's no point treating your audience like morons.

Mercenary
02-24-2017, 05:04 AM
Because heels don't have parents!

Mr. Nerfect
02-24-2017, 08:00 AM
No, because there's no point treating your audience like morons.

This is the "logic" that was implemented by Vince Russo. Everybody knows it's a work. Let's go out there and throw out the script, brother. Treating your audience like morons is to not even try and make your shit believable.

Because heels don't have parents!

You know what -- everybody shits too. Maybe we should just show everybody shitting all the time? And you know what else? Sometimes people sit at home and do nothing. Maybe instead of a show about things happening, we should show someone sitting on a couch doing nothing for the full duration of the episode. Because it would be, you know, like real life, bro. People know this shit is a work, bro. We should just go out there and wink to them and then do some stuff in slow motion so they all know that we all know that they know, so they, you know, can't get upset at us because they think we don't think they know.

Here's the thing about "art" that tries to be bad: It's not that fucking clever or cute. At the end of the day, that is treating your audience like morons, because what you are actually giving them is a lack of effort, instead of trying to do something good and actually delivering them. A great script about a piece of shit is always going to be better than a piece of shit script about a great script. Don't even get me started on a piece of shit script about a piece of shit.

Alexa Bliss is a heel -- you are supposed to hate her. Of course she has parents, you fucking morons. Hitler had parents. Godwinn had parents. That doesn't mean you need to show them cheering on their baby girl for the feels. What is the point? What are you actually achieving? Destor is right when he says that wrestling has changed -- heels and faces don't properly exist anymore. And guess what -- wrestling sucks because of it. Because no one is going to invest in the good girl playing fake bad wrestler.

Mr. Nerfect
02-24-2017, 08:01 AM

That would be trying too hard to make your product coherent. No one has time for that in 2017, because shipwrecked spider wallet.

Evil Vito
02-24-2017, 08:34 AM
I'm actually surprised Alexa Bliss has parents and an upbringing. I just assumed she dropped straight from Heaven into the Performance Center.

Mr. Nerfect
02-24-2017, 08:38 AM
Ha

road doggy dogg
02-24-2017, 09:00 AM
I still don't get how Under Armor makes sweatshirts for fat people. Seems to go entirely against what their products are (re: youtube thumbnail)

Heisenberg
02-24-2017, 01:27 PM
That's the Dad Bod line you simpleton, you try and create something like Inward Singing!

Wishbone
02-25-2017, 03:24 AM
Noid's right to a degree. I don't see an issue with stuff like this, but the fact that they advertise such things in their actual product is very off putting. I have no problem with Stephanie McMahon doing make a wish stuff, but when they advertise it during RAW right after she acts like a total thundercunt completely kills any amount of credibility the product has. It'd be like if Game of Thrones was airing the episode where Ramsay Bolton makes fun of Theon after chopping off his Greyjoy only to then show the actor who plays Ramsay being a super nice dude and helping a granny cross the street. There needs to be a disconnect from the stories you're telling and the actors playing in them.

mike adamle
02-25-2017, 02:05 PM
Let's go out there and throw out the script, brother. Treating your audience like morons is to not even try and make your shit believable.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/wWvmAHmOXsk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ultra Mantis
02-25-2017, 03:32 PM
Hate it when actors from movies go around being themselves in interviews and stuff, bad guys sitting next to good guys, telling jokes, totally killing the film industry.

Ol Dirty Dastard
02-25-2017, 03:45 PM
Well it's not that cut and dry. There's a certain beauty to wrestlers staying in character... it keeps it pure. Sort of like method acting.

But at the same time I get what you're saying.

Ultra Mantis
02-25-2017, 04:26 PM
I get why people want to keep the magic of kayfabe alive, but at this point it's trying to get toothpaste back into the tube and then attempting to resell it as brand new.

It's closer to pantomime than film really, your panto villain probably isn't an absolute shithead in real life but the audience still know they're supposed to boo them due to their actions and presentation during the show.

Maluco
02-25-2017, 04:48 PM
I don't think that is the point though. Everyone knows what's up, but we want to suspend our disbelief. I think better wrestling stories and characters help us to do that. We want to buy in.

Do you know why Brock Lesnar is so over? Because it is easy to believe it is real. We want to "believe" he is killing people in there. I want to "believe" that Strowman is an unstoppable monster, not a nerd with a superman tattoo. A video like this would potentially ruin him tbh. I don't want to find out he is just a normal, friendly guy.

There is a massive difference between "putting the toothpaste back in the tube" and helping us believe and buy into the drama.

We don't have videos on YouTube helping is sympathise with Loki, because Tom Hiddleston broke up with Taylor Swift before an Avengers film comes out.

Ultra Mantis
02-26-2017, 03:02 PM
Even if they did have Tom Hiddleston documentaries on the Marvel youtube, it wouldn't change his performance in the movies and nobody would mistakenly think he wasn't such a bad guy and poor Loki just has a broken heart because of Taylor. It's irrelevant to the actual product.

Brock is so over because he's Brock and the worst thing he's actually done since he came back was that "blurring the lines of reality" finish with Orton where he smashed his skull in and gave him a legit concussion.

The Bliss thing though, it's just a supplemental documentary about the performer behind the character, if it has such an affliction on your enjoyment of the product you don't have to watch it. I haven't watched it. It doesn't bother me that it exists. There is worse stuff in the actual product to remind you it's not real than for something like this to matter at all.