PDA

View Full Version : Wait. So did the WWE just flip flop back to the plans of Orton in the title match?

RP
02-28-2017, 10:22 PM
My gawd this is unreal. Are you going to tell me they decided not to have Orton challenge for the title even though they won the Rumble and then they changed there minds and went back with the original plans??? WTf WWE! Get this shit under control. This is madness!

Lock Jaw
02-28-2017, 10:24 PM
Think that you should def send them an angry letter

Lock Jaw
02-28-2017, 10:26 PM
Also, some people prob haven't watched Smackdown yet, so maybe should remove the "spoiler" from the thread title.

Lock Jaw
02-28-2017, 10:26 PM
Also,

http://www.wwe.com/f/styles/wwe_16_9_l/public/all/2017/02/20170228_SD_Orton--eab7d163647530c7e8e500fcd177c8fd.jpg

RP
02-28-2017, 10:36 PM
Also, some people prob haven't watched Smackdown yet, so maybe should remove the "spoiler" from the thread title.

what like Poit? fuck Poit!

Lock Jaw
02-28-2017, 10:45 PM
:naughty:

Emperor Smeat
02-28-2017, 10:51 PM
They pretty much just did the whole "Cena joining the Nexus" swerve with Orton and the Wyatts tonight.

Also,

http://www.wwe.com/f/styles/wwe_16_9_l/public/all/2017/02/20170228_SD_Orton--eab7d163647530c7e8e500fcd177c8fd.jpg

And in gif form:
http://i.imgur.com/N9eLYMu.gif

road doggy dogg
02-28-2017, 10:55 PM
finally have a new sig

Lock Jaw
02-28-2017, 11:04 PM
Was considering putting it in my sig, but could not reconcile having both Christian and Randy Orton in my sig......

road doggy dogg
02-28-2017, 11:06 PM
OUTTA NOWHERE

Ol Dirty Dastard
02-28-2017, 11:06 PM
They pretty much just did the whole "Cena joining the Nexus" swerve with Orton and the Wyatts tonight.

And in gif form:
http://i.imgur.com/N9eLYMu.gif

lol didn't see this live but that is fucking hilarious.

also, I know RP is likely fucking around. But what a mark.

slik
02-28-2017, 11:16 PM
on talking smack shane/d-bry implied AJ is out of the title match because orton wants back in

AJ 'very upset/angry' and storms off

Jordan
03-01-2017, 02:38 AM

OH NO NOT SMACKDOWN SPOILERS

GD
03-01-2017, 02:44 AM
Orton heel turn.

#BROKEN Hasney
03-01-2017, 05:35 AM
Motherfucking telling a story, how does it work?

Maluco
03-01-2017, 06:28 AM
lol didn't see this live but that is fucking hilarious.

also, I know RP is likely fucking around. But what a mark.

He might be, but in stretching it out over weeks of television and then swerving completely within a week, they have taken a few really bad steps with the story. I was intrigued to see how the turn would happen and why they would resolve to have the match, especially after last week.

But it's just, "lol, I was joking" *burn house down*

Not great

XL
03-01-2017, 06:39 AM
Dunno. Makes sense to me. Orton gets close to Bray, splinters his relationship with Harper, seemingly "sacrifices" his shot at Mania in order to get Bray to really let him in, Orton destroys the source of Bray's "power", fight.

The only thing I question is Shane's approach of "oh, you want the shot now? Ok." They should book Styles/Orton to decide who gets the shot. If only SDL had a PPV before Mania.

Maluco
03-01-2017, 07:24 AM
What power though? Being a good wrestler?

Why is Orton just allowed to say "yeah, everyone has wasted their time, I am going to Mania now"

How is AJ NOT going to be a face coming out of this? He has now been screwed over twice by inept GMs.

"I said as long as I was a follower I would blah blah blah...But now I am not one and am going to kill this sister that was killed already!!"

It's weak imo

Ruien
03-01-2017, 08:20 AM
AJ won't be a complete face because he is a cocky piece of shit that is getting screwed over. Half the audience already cheers him. Basically, he is at Cena's level with his character. He does not need to be a full fledged face.

Evil Vito
03-01-2017, 08:23 AM
They're giving us the programs that were rumored for 1-2 months ago. They're just getting there in the most roundabout way possible.

Ruien
03-01-2017, 08:25 AM
If Bray loses at Mania then his character is pretty much done right? Everything about him is just gone now.

Big Vic
03-01-2017, 08:48 AM
If they were going this route they should have "built up" that Sister Abigail was the source of Brays' power instead of Randy giving us all of the exposition in one week.

Evil Vito
03-01-2017, 08:58 AM
I've always just imagined that Wyatt talking about his legions of followers is just him having a god complex when in reality he only has a couple of people in his group at any time. It's the same reason he so easily believes that he has the ability to brainwash people into his following even though he's now been duped on separate occasions by Bryan and Orton, the latter of whom has a reputation for doing this sort of thing.

Basically, Wyatt is an idiot just like every other heel character in WWE.

Ol Dirty Dastard
03-01-2017, 09:33 AM
I think all of your nitpicking is neglecting the key fact that we've been blessed with this image/gif. Who cares how we got there?

#WWE4lyfe

Emperor Smeat
03-01-2017, 09:40 AM
If Bray loses at Mania then his character is pretty much done right? Everything about him is just gone now.
Probably although there was a rumor recently about the WWE considering turning him face during his feud with Orton. Assuming it does happen, this is probably WWE's way of getting rid of the devious parts of his character for a future face run.

RP
03-01-2017, 10:02 AM
I'm seeing a fatal 4 way in the future for WM.

Evil Vito
03-01-2017, 10:06 AM
I'm seeing a fatal 4 way in the future for WM.

Wyatt, Orton, Harper, Styles?

I can't see that. Fairly obvious they're going with Styles/Shane despite it being a waste of the best wrestler in the company.

Ruien
03-01-2017, 10:20 AM
Probably although there was a rumor recently about the WWE considering turning him face during his feud with Orton. Assuming it does happen, this is probably WWE's way of getting rid of the devious parts of his character for a future face run.

Face or heel his character is still over if he loses imo. Maybe he wins though. But Wyatt does not win many ppv matches.

Ol Dirty Dastard
03-01-2017, 10:25 AM
Wyatt, Orton, Harper, Styles?

I can't see that. Fairly obvious they're going with Styles/Shane despite it being a waste of the best wrestler in the company.

Is it though? I mean obviously I'd rather see him against a good wrestler, but in WWE's mind's eye, Shane only wrestles high profile matches against high profile guys.

AJ will bring a great match out of Shane-o-Mac and it will continue to catapult him up the ranks. In the long run, I'd say this only does him favours.

Evil Vito
03-01-2017, 10:30 AM
Shane McMahon doesn't really wrestle though. He dances around and hits shitty punches that Styles is going to need to sell as if they actually hurt. Everything he does is sloppy as hell.

He had a good amount of ring time at Survivor Series and every time he was in there it was a huge slog. It was the most long-winded way to get what they really wanted which was him taking a Spear off of a Coast-to-Coast attempt.

Was ridiculous to me that he was on Team SmackDown. Like are we actually supposed to think he was one of the 5 best wrestlers on the SmackDown roster?

Big Vic
03-01-2017, 10:36 AM
Yes

Big Vic
03-01-2017, 10:37 AM
Just like when Steph wrestles we are supposed to think she is a monster heel.

Ol Dirty Dastard
03-01-2017, 10:55 AM
Hey I'm not saying I enjoy watching Shane wrestle, I'm just looking through the eyes of the WWE brass. It's a necessary evil in AJ's rise up the ranks.

Hopefully he doesn't have to sell too much for Shane. If they book it similar to the Taker match (but with better action) it won't hurt AJ, because while Shane's offence was horrific in that match, at the very least it made sense and it was against Undertaker of all people.

Big Vic
03-01-2017, 10:59 AM
Hoping for a miracle and it leads to AJ vs Daniel.

Outsider
03-01-2017, 11:05 AM
I didn't think there was any chance of Orton not betraying Bray before Wrestlemania, but this was just really oddly rushed.

No build up, no tease, no hints. Just randomly one week Orton is willing to give up everything for Bray, then a week later he stabs him in the back for reasons.

Ruien
03-01-2017, 11:20 AM
A match with Shane will be seen as more important than a match with Bray.

Ol Dirty Dastard
03-01-2017, 11:49 AM
A match with Shane will be seen as more important than a match with Bray.

this

Ol Dirty Dastard
03-01-2017, 11:50 AM
I don't agree with the principle. It shouldn't be that way, but in the words of everyone's favourite redneck podcaster Stone Cold Steve Austin, it is what it is.

RP
03-01-2017, 03:07 PM
You guys are dumb. It's very clear they are working towards a Fatal Four Way. Stop being dumb. For fucks sake. It's like a bunch of Road Doggy Dogs i'm dealing with in this thread.

#1-norm-fan
03-01-2017, 03:21 PM
They actually made an intriguing story with Orton backing out of the match but like Maluco said, the resolution was pretty weak. It's like when Jericho came back not talking and then crying randomly and everyone was like "Oh, this is interesting. Wonder where they're going with this." but the culmination was just Jericho being like "Trolled ya! Moving on..." and it was blatantly obvious they wanted to create an intriguing story but had no idea where to go with it.

I think AJ vs Shane is a good idea though. Mainly because I don't give a flying fuck about AJ putting on a 5 star match at WrestleMania. I care about the story and the "big fight feel". A match that is less than a technical masterpiece against a fucking McMahon will be much better for him and for WrestleMania than a technical masterpiece with Sami Zayn or something.

Big Vic
03-01-2017, 03:25 PM
If they wanted Taker to job to Shane what do you think is happening to AJ?

RP
03-01-2017, 03:29 PM
First of All, this was a troll post.

Now to answer #1wwf-fan

Aj needs to have a better match. He has been the face of Smackdown. It's lame as fuck they put him in a match with Shane. That match does nothing for him. And that is why i think this will be a Fatal Fourway.

RP
03-01-2017, 03:29 PM
And when I say face. I dont mean face/ heel. I mean he's been the top guy. He deserves more.

#1-norm-fan
03-01-2017, 03:38 PM
Outside of Cena, who he absolutely should not be wrestling AGAIN at WrestleMania, Shane's the biggest name on the brand. It raises his stock to be in there with him on the big stage. No one else would do that for him regardless of how good the match is technically.

Ol Dirty Dastard
03-01-2017, 03:40 PM
Outside of Cena, who he absolutely should not be wrestling AGAIN at WrestleMania, Shane's the biggest name on the brand. It raises his stock to be in there with him on the big stage. No one else would do that for him regardless of how good the match is technically.

we agree on something? this effects the integrity of the brand.

Big Vic
03-01-2017, 03:41 PM
Orton is probably bigger than Shane..... then you have Taker who goes where he wants.

RP
03-01-2017, 03:43 PM
Shane is the biggest name on Smackdown??? Are you fucking serious right now? No Way!. Not even close. It's AJ , Dean, Randy, Bray, Luke, and Shane is not even close.

RP
03-01-2017, 03:44 PM
I'm not counting Cena cause we all know he's gone.

#BROKEN Hasney
03-01-2017, 05:15 PM
Right, but Shane is a big star to the only person who's opinion actually matters

https://i.makeagif.com/media/11-23-2015/UiyVHS.gif

Ol Dirty Dastard
03-01-2017, 05:18 PM
exactly. He's a McMahon dammit!

Sepholio
03-01-2017, 05:25 PM
Orton gonna take the finger poke of doom at WM.

DAMN iNATOR
03-01-2017, 06:53 PM
OH NO NOT SMACKDOWN SPOILERS

It's common courtesy for people who haven't had a chance to see the show yet.

Ol Dirty Dastard
03-01-2017, 06:54 PM
nobody cares what you think Damn inator

#1-norm-fan
03-01-2017, 06:58 PM
Shane is the biggest name on Smackdown??? Are you fucking serious right now? No Way!. Not even close. It's AJ , Dean, Randy, Bray, Luke, and Shane is not even close.

"Luke Harper is a bigger name than Shane McMahon and it's not even close."

That is what you are saying right now.

road doggy dogg
03-01-2017, 07:05 PM
I'm going to WM next month. Possibly the least-looked-forward-to event occurring is Shane fucking McMahon in any relevant capacity

give me AJ vs Nak even with literally zero buildup, idc

#1-norm-fan
03-01-2017, 07:10 PM
You should go to an ROH show. You'd probably enjoy that way more and it would cost way less. Workrate for days.

road doggy dogg
03-01-2017, 07:13 PM
maybe. still wanna get WM off the bucket list tho

#1-norm-fan
03-01-2017, 07:15 PM
Then you should hope to see some stuff you can't see at a random indy show. Like Shane McMahon jumping to his death.

road doggy dogg
03-01-2017, 07:16 PM
I have no desire to see Shane McMahon jump to his death.

#1-norm-fan
03-01-2017, 07:17 PM
Pussy

road doggy dogg
03-01-2017, 07:17 PM
I will street fight you

Ol Dirty Dastard
03-01-2017, 07:18 PM
he's 1-0 in tpww fights don't fuck with him

SlickyTrickyDamon
03-01-2017, 07:18 PM
Wtf is happening?

KIRA
03-01-2017, 07:21 PM
I said it in the SD live! thread,for a guy who is presented as a malevolent entity walking around in the body of a man Bray is a supreme dumbass.

My fingers are crossed that Bray was well aware of what Orton was doing and already took the necessary steps or this was all something he wanted to happen.

RP
03-01-2017, 07:37 PM
"Luke Harper is a bigger name than Shane McMahon and it's not even close."

That is what you are saying right now.

No i actually said AJ, Dean and Bray in that post that you quoted. I'm not sure how you took only Luke Harper from that. I think you might be retard.

Ol Dirty Dastard
03-01-2017, 07:37 PM
LOL

#1-norm-fan
03-01-2017, 07:40 PM
I went with the most ridiculous one to show just how much of a stretch it was. But really, the idea that those other three are bigger names than Shane isn't really that much less ridiculous.

#1-norm-fan
03-01-2017, 07:47 PM
Also, you did literally say what I said you said. I didn't say it was the ONLY thing you said. But you did say that. Therefore YOU are maybe retard. Checkmate, bitch.

Shadrick
03-01-2017, 09:14 PM
he's 1-0 in tpww fights don't fuck with him

Fan is undefeated. I once thought he was the Goldberg of the boards, but he's actually the Asuka.

Strong style. He don't give a fuck neither.

Corkscrewed
03-01-2017, 11:54 PM
This very obvious ending might have worked better if it had an extra month or two to simmer. But from the moment Orton said "as long as you are the master and I am the servant, I will not face you," it was clear what was going to happen.

It's a damn shame to waste AJ on Shane. Hope they reconsider and turn it into a triple threat.

Evil Vito
03-02-2017, 08:36 AM
On Talking Smack Renee Young basically said "we all knew Randy was going to do this sooner or later, we just didn't know how"

If the backstage interviewer knew what was going to happen then why the fuck didn't Bray Wyatt?

road doggy dogg
03-02-2017, 09:32 AM
You are overlooking the fact that Renee is a unicorn/perfect woman who likely has premonition as well.

XL
03-02-2017, 03:56 PM
I said it in the SD live! thread,for a guy who is presented as a malevolent entity walking around in the body of a man Bray is a supreme dumbass.

My fingers are crossed that Bray was well aware of what Orton was doing and already took the necessary steps or this was all something he wanted to happen.

Is Bray Wyatt possessed by a demon/malevolent entity?

Seems a lot of people point to that one tweet about "needing a vessel". Has Bray ever said anything like that on WWE TV? I'm not saying he hasn't, I tend to zone out when he starts rambling on.

Big Vic
03-02-2017, 04:15 PM

He usually laughs, even when Bryan turned on him. This was the first time he was "crying"

Swiss Ultimate
03-05-2017, 11:27 AM
It's common courtesy for people who haven't had a chance to see the show yet.

If someone misses a UFC PPV, people report the results anyway.

Lock Jaw
03-05-2017, 11:49 AM
Had a dream where Randy Orton came out in a black cloak/big hat...... and was followed by also in black cloaks/hoods, Erik Rowan, Kallisto, and Cesaro (for some rrason)

Heyman
03-05-2017, 11:56 AM
1) Jeff Hardy probably has sucked Matt Hardy's dick before. And yes, I realize that they are brothers.

2) Randy Orton will job to Bray Wyatt at Wrestlemania and will retire from professional wrestling. I think Orton's Royal Rumble victory was too odd, and I suspect that it was a send-off........and send-off that no one would suspect.

RP
03-05-2017, 01:04 PM
Triple H will fuck Sister Abigail in a coffin before all this is over.

Swiss Ultimate
03-05-2017, 04:05 PM
1) Jeff Hardy probably has sucked Matt Hardy's dick before. And yes, I realize that they are brothers.

2) Randy Orton will job to Bray Wyatt at Wrestlemania and will retire from professional wrestling. I think Orton's Royal Rumble victory was too odd, and I suspect that it was a send-off........and send-off that no one would suspect.

Excellent analysis as usual.

DAMN iNATOR
03-05-2017, 04:13 PM
If someone misses a UFC PPV, people report the results anyway.

Right, but the general rule of thumb is wait 24 hours before posting stuff without spoiler tags.

#1-norm-fan
03-05-2017, 04:42 PM
That's a stupid rule of thumb. If you don't want a live event spoiled, just don't go on the site.

The CyNick
03-06-2017, 02:28 PM
maybe. still wanna get WM off the bucket list tho

If you want to see some Indy geeks pretending to fight, that's cool. If you want to see the greatest spectacle in the industry, go to Wrestlemania. It'll be the ultimate thrill ride!

Big Vic
03-06-2017, 02:36 PM
Right, but the general rule of thumb is wait 24 hours before posting stuff without spoiler tags.
Goldberg is the NEW Universal champ.

Ol Dirty Dastard
03-06-2017, 02:36 PM
Bruce Prichard

DAMN iNATOR
03-06-2017, 05:57 PM
That's a stupid rule of thumb. If you don't want a live event spoiled, just don't go on the site.

LOL, you do understand that people come here to talk about more than just the most recent PPV, RAW, SD!, NXT, and 205 Live episodes, don't you?

People sometimes just want to post in a thread not about the most recent show without having it spoiled for them. Nothing "stupid" about it.

Ol Dirty Dastard
03-06-2017, 05:57 PM
Shutup Damn inator

mike adamle
03-07-2017, 06:27 AM
LOL, you do understand that people come here to talk about more than just the most recent PPV, RAW, SD!, NXT, and 205 Live episodes, don't you?

People sometimes just want to post in a thread not about the most recent show without having it spoiled for them. Nothing "stupid" about it.

I mean it sounds like you already know that people might be talking about it. And since we're talking about wrestling and we're on a wrestling forum where everyone's common ground is wrestling, I'd be willing to change the might in my first sentence to will.

Sounds kind of stupid to go to a site where people will be talking about a wrestling event that just happened and expect people not to talk about it.

Can't just expect everyone to tend to your needs, there are more people that would like to talk about the event that just happened than there are that don't want to talk about it.

On facebook or other social media outlets I could understand not wanting to be spoiled, but this is a wrestling forum, you can't really expect to go on a wrestling forum and have people not talk about a wrestling event (a WWE one at that and this is a WWE-heavy forum) with or without spoiler tags

Ruien
03-07-2017, 08:20 AM
Hey guys, I didn't see who won the World Series but I am going to visit ESPN.Com the next day.

Mother fucker, ESPN spoiled who won game 7 for me.

Big Vic
03-07-2017, 10:18 AM
Reminds me when Kris P got mad at Rob for spoiling the ending of UFC 102 in the UFC 102 thread.

Ol Dirty Dastard
03-07-2017, 10:31 AM
Shutup Damn inator

#1-norm-fan
03-07-2017, 11:37 AM
I remember going on NFL.com immediately after the super bowl and they had the final score on the front page. No spoiler tag or anything. Ridiculous.

SlickyTrickyDamon
03-07-2017, 02:10 PM
The WWE APP spoils matches as soon as they are done. Anybody not watching a ppv at the time has to go into no-internet mode,

Lock Jaw
03-07-2017, 06:11 PM
I got the WWE App and it doesn't do that for me........

Cool King
03-07-2017, 06:47 PM
Same here.

Anybody Thrilla
03-07-2017, 07:49 PM
DAMN iNATOR is actually right here. If you want to talk about a recent show, talk about it in the thread for that show. There's always going to be one.

Of course you're ALLOWED to make new threads about stuff that happened, but it would be nice of you all to consider people who didn't get to watch the show live for whatever reason. Telling people to stay off the site just slows down traffic and activity, which isn't as fun for any of us.

DAMN iNATOR
03-07-2017, 07:51 PM
I mean it sounds like you already know that people might be talking about it. And since we're talking about wrestling and we're on a wrestling forum where everyone's common ground is wrestling, I'd be willing to change the might in my first sentence to will.

Sounds kind of stupid to go to a site where people will be talking about a wrestling event that just happened and expect people not to talk about it.

Can't just expect everyone to tend to your needs, there are more people that would like to talk about the event that just happened than there are that don't want to talk about it.

On facebook or other social media outlets I could understand not wanting to be spoiled, but this is a wrestling forum, you can't really expect to go on a wrestling forum and have people not talk about a wrestling event (a WWE one at that and this is a WWE-heavy forum) with or without spoiler tags

Yeah, guess maybe I just might be used to other sites that have stricter rules re:spoilers, i. e., the WWE SuperCard section of the 2K Forums. They have a very strict 1-week no spoiler rule, but I see and understand your points

KIRA
03-07-2017, 11:01 PM
Also,

"Burn in my Light"