PDA

View Full Version : My Smackdown Live Indianapolis review

RP
03-08-2017, 12:53 AM
I'm starting this, but i'll have more in the morning cause i'm God awful tired right now.

I had a good time. But i'm incredibly disappointed that Bray and Luke Harper were not there. Makes no sense to me and Bray was the biggest reason i was excited to go.

Being 2 rows from the ring, you really get a chance to see these wrestlers up close. They are not as big as they are on TV. I'm not sure what Randy Orton measures up to, but he walked by me a few times during commercial and I swear me and my friend felt like we could take him size wise. I mean, we would never start something, but just size wise, he wasnt that intimidating.

AJ was such a little guy, but damn was he impressive. Him and Austin Aries were the most impressive dudes in the ring by far. I was blow away by both of them.

I've never been much for Becky Lynch, but i am now. They were not filming towards my side of the ring, but a lot of wrestlers got tossed out on my side and Becky was one. She is fucking sexy as hell up close. I mean, I went in thinking about Alexa Bliss and left thinking about Becky Lynch. No joke. If you ever get 2 rows from the ring and see her, you'll know whats up. She's sexy as fucking hell...but.

The I have to admit, I'm not normally attracted to black chicks, but Alicia Fox close up is sexy as fucking hell too. She gave every woman tonight a run for there money no joke. I think she only made it on 205 live. But man she was hot. I was impressed.

I'll think of some more tomorrow. Later.

Anybody Thrilla
03-08-2017, 12:55 AM
Sounds like a great time.

RP
03-08-2017, 12:55 AM
Oh there wasnt really a dark match. Ambrose came out talking about getting destroyed by a forklift and then Corbin came out and then Miz came out and then Cena came out and him and Amborse cleaned house.

Also i saw something on Twitter about AJ confronting Shane backstage. I'm not sure if that happened on on the show tonight, but it was not show in the arena and that pisses me off.

RP
03-08-2017, 12:56 AM
Ambrose and Cena stayed out and talked with fans for a bit. It was real cool.

RP
03-08-2017, 01:01 AM
Rich Swann's entrance is every bit as uncomfortable live as it is on TV.

RP
03-08-2017, 01:06 AM
Sounds like a great time.

I dont recall boo's for AJ at all, but maybe it's just from where i was sitting. Bankers Life Fieldhouse is terrible for sound. It's a place where a lot of concerts play, but no one likes them cause the sound is terrible. I went to a Metalica concert once and the sound was awful . Tonight when wrestlers were talking on the mic, i had trouble hearing them and i was literally at ringside.

RP
03-08-2017, 01:07 AM
It was not that i couldnt hear them, it was that i could not make out the words in some cases. I mean Alexa Bliss started talking and i have no clue what she said. I have to rewatch the tv version.

RP
03-08-2017, 01:09 AM
Oh ya.. the entire second row was having a conversation as to why Natalya was teaming with Becky Lynch. I"m not sure if there was some backstage thing that happened that we didnt get to see, but it was weird as fuck. No one could make any sense of it and it overshadowed the match for the 2nd row at least lol. Like Mickey super kicking Alexa was out of the blue and just kinda was like meh cause we couldnt figure out why Natayla was teaming with Becky.

Also i kept screaming the Micky was 45 years old. And i feel good about that. It probably didnt make it on tv.

RP
03-08-2017, 01:10 AM
All this said, WWE puts on a hell of a show man. I didnt pay for my ticket. I'm fortunate to have a really good friend in a high place and got a great seat. But i would pay anything they ask to see there shows. They do an amazing job.

RP
03-08-2017, 01:13 AM
I cant stress enough how great Austin Aries is live btw. I dont expect him to be a cruiserweight for long. His manerism and facial expressions are amazing. He was so damn impressive. He cut a promo at the start of 205 live and was great and then his match with Neese was probably the second, maybe even the best match of the entire night. Maybe i was on the right side of the ring but he was facing us and his facial expression and manerism during the match were mind blowing and made the match so much better. I was really blow away with how good he was. It makes me want to go download some old TNA stuff of his.

RP
03-08-2017, 01:16 AM
Watching him live, i'm sold that he can hold a World Title. He can be " The Guy " . I have no doubts. I dont think he'll be a cruiserweight for all that long. He's that good.

Jordan
03-08-2017, 01:56 AM
I saw Aries go over an hour with Tyler Black (Seth Rollins) in ROH a few years back at the Manhattan Center... I agree, the dude is brilliant.

Anybody Thrilla
03-08-2017, 01:59 AM
I saw Austin Aries wrestle Kurt Angle at an Impact taping back in 2014 or so. It was fucking awesome. He's that dude.

RP
03-08-2017, 02:06 AM
This is why Smackdown gets its so damn right. Mind you we didnt see any of this in the arena tonight. And i'm not sure if Smackdown and RAW has seperate writers or not. I really have no clue. But this shit is so real. And keep in mind this. I hate the idea of Shane vs AJ, but i'll be God Damned if they didnt nail it here and make it legitimate .

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/-O8qM47GNJY?ecver=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

They could not have set up this AJ vs Shane match any better at all. This was a HR.

RP
03-08-2017, 02:09 AM
I saw Austin Aries wrestle Kurt Angle at an Impact taping back in 2014 or so. It was fucking awesome. He's that dude.

He is literally that good. I dont know how to explain it. He has IT all over him in every aspect of HIM. And it ooozes live. It's incredible . I loved it. And i wanted more. And small props to Neese giving a great match too. He was good. But fucking Aries was incredible. The guy will not be cruiserweight for long i promise. WWE will have no choice but to realize what they have there. He's great.

RP
03-08-2017, 02:12 AM
This is why Smackdown gets its so damn right. Mind you we didnt see any of this in the arena tonight. And i'm not sure if Smackdown and RAW has seperate writers or not. I really have no clue. But this shit is so real. And keep in mind this. I hate the idea of Shane vs AJ, but i'll be God Damned if they didnt nail it here and make it legitimate .

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/-O8qM47GNJY?ecver=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

They could not have set up this AJ vs Shane match any better at all. This was a HR.

This is one of the best moments WWE has ever had and i'm not joking. Everyone was down on AJ vs Shane and maybe you still are i dont know but fucking hell if they didnt sell the shit out of it on this clip. This was great. Whoever came up with this is brilliant and needs to be moved to RAW right away.

Anybody Thrilla
03-08-2017, 02:14 AM
Talking Smack was a great idea. They don't need a third hour when they can do what they do on that show.

RP
03-08-2017, 02:22 AM
It's brilliant. But the thing is, WWE runs RAW and Smackdown. Why is Smackdown doing these things and RAW isnt? Raw does there talking RAW thing and i have no idea what they do on there because they dont do anything significant. You get these things on Smackdown that are downright gold. It started with the Miz going on DB and granted they didnt capitalize on that for reasons that we all know. Now they pull this video off and I really think its brilliant. I'm not joking. I think its amazing. I was sitting here dredding a Shane vs AJ WM match and now i'm captivated by this one video. It's brilliance. Whoever came up with it should be given the top writer spot. I'm dead serious. They need to put that guy on RAW and write some good shit for that show because that show is seriously lacking good writing right now. Fuck it! Hire the guy to work both shows. I dont even care. This was amazing just like The Miz going on DB was amazing and I dare anyone to tell me otherwise.

Anybody Thrilla
03-08-2017, 02:46 AM
I'm really not sure why Raw is so differently structured either.

slik
03-08-2017, 02:55 AM
The shows have different writers. HHH/Steph have more of a hand in SD's creative and Vince has more of a hand in RAW and 205Live's creative.

slik
03-08-2017, 02:56 AM
Glad you had an awesome time RP! I think WWE live is a pretty fantastic experience.

:)

SlickyTrickyDamon
03-08-2017, 03:06 AM
Talking Smack was a great idea. They don't need a third hour when they can do what they do on that show.

Talking Smack is the 4th hour of the night though.

slik
03-08-2017, 03:15 AM
STD -- I like you -- but this is basically what everyone is talking about with the 'needless corrections' thing. One, 205Live is not an hour long. Two, Talking Smack is not an hour long. Three, no one considers Talking Smack or RAW Talk an additional hour of the show. That's like watching an NFL game and saying the post-game talk is the 5th quarter.

I mean feel free to post whatever you want, of course, I just want to point out this is part of the whole 'needless corrections' thing.

SlickyTrickyDamon
03-08-2017, 03:30 AM
It's still two wrestling shows after the wrestling show. It's a massive chunk/commitment for the night. Not an unnecessary correction at all.

Anybody Thrilla
03-08-2017, 03:55 AM
Raw is a three hour show. SmackDown is a two hour show. 205 Live is a one hour show. They are all separate entities. Why the fuck are you making me explain this? I'm talking about Smackdown, and Talking Smack only talks about Smackdown as well.

Ruien
03-08-2017, 08:13 AM

STD -- I like you -- but this is basically what everyone is talking about with the 'needless corrections' thing. One, 205Live is not an hour long. Two, Talking Smack is not an hour long. Three, no one considers Talking Smack or RAW Talk an additional hour of the show. That's like watching an NFL game and saying the post-game talk is the 5th quarter.

I mean feel free to post whatever you want, of course, I just want to point out this is part of the whole 'needless corrections' thing.

It's still two wrestling shows after the wrestling show. It's a massive chunk/commitment for the night. Not an unnecessary correction at all.

It 100% is not a needed correction.. The thing I do not understand about you STD is that you are a fucking moron (by that I mean you have a low iq) and you go around doing needless correcting.

Ruien
03-08-2017, 08:14 AM
So RP, you are telling me Alexa is not that sexy then? Confused and angered by your Becky statement.

RP
03-08-2017, 08:25 AM
No she is. But i was shocked how hot Becky was up close.

mike adamle
03-08-2017, 08:27 AM
Not only is STD the dumbest poster here, but also the most ignorant

Big Vic
03-08-2017, 08:30 AM
Stop hating on STD.

You do you man.

The I have to admit, I'm not normally attracted to black chicks, but Alicia Fox close up is sexy as freeeking hell too. She gave every woman tonight a run for there money no joke. I think she only made it on 205 live. But man she was hot. I was impressed.

I hope you and her go on a few dates and you report back to TPWW how it was.

Lock Jaw
03-08-2017, 08:44 AM
Also i kept screaming the Micky was 45 years old. And i feel good about that. It probably didnt make it on tv.

I swear, I think I heard this......

mike adamle
03-08-2017, 08:47 AM
I saw Aries go over an hour with Tyler Black (Seth Rollins) in ROH a few years back at the Manhattan Center... I agree, the dude is brilliant.

I was there too, loved it. The entire crowd was pissed since the show was already pretty long by the time the match started and there was a huge blizzard going on and people wanted to get out. About 5 or so minutes in the way Aries was heeling it up and stalling the match to get crowd heat I think we all knew this was going close to 60 if not 60 minutes. Half of us were on the edge of our seats, the other half booing or just leaving lol. One of the most entertaining hours of a wrestling show I've had the pleasure of being there live for.

Side note: we (my brother and I) were right next to Chris Hero and Jay Briscoe after the match when they started to brawl in the crowd. A security guy tried to break it up not realizing they were wrestlers. Then another security guy started flipping chairs (they were tied together so he couldn't throw them) pissed off at what just happened, or possibly trying to figure out who in the crowd was fighting when it was the wrestlers, one of the chairs gave my brother a nasty gash on his leg.

Although I don't know if that story is as good as the one from the year before when Aries turned heel against Tyler Black at Final Battle 2008. As he's walking to the back a fan sucker punched him and he might've been on the losing end of the battle, but referee Paul Turner choked the fan out.

mike adamle
03-08-2017, 09:16 AM
Stop hating on STD.

You do you man.

I hope you and her go on a few dates and you report back to TPWW how it was.

Fuck that, STD sucks

RP
03-08-2017, 11:19 AM
A few more things.

- America Alpha is pretty entertaining. I hope they get some mic work sometime. Loved them live though. I'm sorry Poit but i didnt notice Chads ball bulge. I was not looking.

- It's funny when you're like a row a way from the ring Live, you dont notice the commercial breaks. I guess it's cause i was having some beers with a friend or something. They did dim the lights and when they did the wrestlers just walked around. But it wasnt a big deal i guess. The only two times i can recall is when Bliss came out, she was in the ring with the lights out for a bit and when Randy came out he was just walking around the ring for a bit.

- The 13 year old girl in the first row in front of me got her night made by Randy. I know it's simple, but he came around and gave her a high 5. She was such a big fan. I felt good seeing that. Love Randy. He was amazing the entire night.

- More on Becky, she got tossed from the ring at the end of her match and she just chilled right in front of me like she was having an orgasm or something. My god. I want to marry her now. I'm sorry Alexa. I'm sorry.

- No Bray or Luke Harper. Big wtf. I would be more pissed about this if I paid for such a great ticket, but luckily i got a friend in a high place and I didnt pay. Still though, i wanted to see Bray. I wanted to experience the Bray entrance and i'm really disappointed about that.

RP
03-08-2017, 11:20 AM
- Also, for those who know Pat Macafee. He was totally cool after the show. People were tossing there phones to him and he was taking pics of himself for them. Really cool guy.

Cool King
03-08-2017, 11:25 AM
I'm sure if Noid didn't get chased away he would be reading RP's posts about Becky and Alexa while having a big wank and screaming "Vindication!".

Cool King
03-08-2017, 11:25 AM
Glad you enjoyed yourself though, RP. :y:

slik
03-08-2017, 01:13 PM
Did you see any fans dressed as rasslers?

slik
03-08-2017, 01:14 PM
Shisen wants me to ask if there were any Bobby Jaggers tributes?
Owenbrown wants me to ask if fans threw trash in the ring when Cena won a match in protest?

#1-norm-fan
03-08-2017, 03:04 PM

http://p.fod4.com/upload/aff3567c9abaad4b798a350dc1e1b1a3/3niAkdzQiOTxZUUZ642W_Steve%20Harvey%20Face%2012.gif

The CyNick
03-08-2017, 03:25 PM
Excellent thread OP. We're happy you had a great time. WWE is the greatest show on Earth!!

RP
03-08-2017, 05:00 PM
Did you see any fans dressed as rasslers?

Someone on the otherside of the ring was dressed like a Ref.

DAMN iNATOR
03-08-2017, 05:31 PM

Local station here has had a Fri. @11:15-11:35PM program called the 5th Quarter for 25 years. They usually talk about mostly HS football, and basketball with a touch of some college stuff thrown in. Neat show.

drave
03-09-2017, 06:24 AM
The Miz was on point this week, as usual.

drave
03-09-2017, 06:25 AM
If it was a scripted promo, he put more into that than nearly anyone on the mic and it felt genuine. More of that from EVERYONE, please.