PDA

View Full Version : 365 days until Star Wars: Episode III drops in theaters.

CBright7831
05-26-2004, 01:26 AM
I hope this turns out to be the best Star Wars movie ever.

:roll:

EDIT: Of course, it won't.

Kane Knight
05-26-2004, 01:30 AM
Odds are, it's gonna do what Ep 2 did...Suck so bad it makes the previous episode look okay.

Tech Server
05-26-2004, 01:37 AM
I thought I was a nerd, you know for being a computer and all.

DaveWadding
05-26-2004, 01:38 AM
Go campout then, ok?

Lara Emily
05-26-2004, 01:38 AM
I'm so excited can't wait to see how badly it sucks.

KillerWolf
05-26-2004, 03:00 AM
somehow i wasnt even aware that that movie hadnt come out already.

yianni
05-26-2004, 07:02 AM
Balls. :n: *will not go and see it as Star Wars sucks*

Azriel
05-26-2004, 10:07 AM
I actually have high hopes that it'll be the best of the prequels.

da_king
05-26-2004, 10:10 AM
<font color="#ccffcc">
i'm more looking forward to the dvd box set comming out for ep 3-6

</font>

Jason Cage
05-26-2004, 12:29 PM
Star Wars sucks.

Kane Knight
05-26-2004, 01:27 PM

:y:

John la Rock
05-26-2004, 01:36 PM
might be ok but Episode I and II sucked so much ass

The Show Off
05-26-2004, 03:42 PM
<font color="#ccffcc">

</font>

You mean episodes 4 -6

Star Wars: Episode IV: A New Hope
Star Wars: Episode V: Empire Strikes Back
Star Wars: Episode VI: Return of the Jedi

Vega
05-26-2004, 06:13 PM
Odds are, it's gonna do what Ep 2 did...Suck so bad it makes the previous episode look okay.

Episode 2 was Better than Episode 1. No Jake Lloyd.

OssMan
05-26-2004, 06:33 PM
It's only going to be good because the majority of the cast is going to die.

Bad Company
05-26-2004, 06:44 PM
Lucas better not screw this up :mad:

But he will :(

Champion of Europa
05-26-2004, 07:37 PM
Spoiler:

It's going to blowwwwwwwwwww.

Confused
05-26-2004, 07:44 PM
I was going to be sarcastic but I actually feel sorry for the way that Lucas has fucked up the franchise for the fans…

Real Deal
05-26-2004, 10:07 PM
Im hanging out for it. While trying not to get my hope up too much.

MVP
05-26-2004, 11:15 PM
Spoiler:

It's going to blowwwwwwwwwww.

I DIDN'T KNOW THAT WAS COMING, THANKS A LOT!! :foc:

YOUR Hero
05-26-2004, 11:24 PM
What's going to happen we don't know about? Twists that lead to the conclusions we already know are going to happen. You know what I mean?

Smitty
05-26-2004, 11:29 PM

Without a doubt.

I predict episode 3 to be better than the previous 2, but sub-par compared to the origional trilogy.

Nowhere Man
05-27-2004, 12:18 AM
Well, as much of a StarWoid (it's like a Trekkie for SW fans) as I am, I couldn't stand Ep 1 and 2. However, all the stuff I've heard (officially and the rumor mill) point to this one will tie this and the original trilogy together, and will most likely be a hell of a lot better than the first two (though that's not saying much) Anyways, I'm hoping for the best, but getting ready for the worst.

I mean, they still have Hayden Christiansen, who is neck-and-neck with Orlando Bloom in the race for "least emotion possible in a dramatic role."

Vega
05-27-2004, 12:30 AM
I predict episode 3 to be better than the previous 2, but sub-par compared to the origional trilogy.
:y:

Myles
05-27-2004, 12:57 AM
I love star wars. By the way, the release date is now May 19 2005.

CBright7831
05-27-2004, 01:00 AM
I love star wars. By the way, the release date is now May 19 2005.
WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?

:mad: :rant: :mad: :rant::mad: :rant:

Kane Knight
05-27-2004, 01:29 PM
A lot of people say that. My friend Jamie argues with me over this, too, because he says the lack of midochloriwhatsits alone should make it better.

The second movie was crap, even compared to Ep 1.

Kane Knight
05-27-2004, 01:32 PM
I was going to be sarcastic but I actually feel sorry for the way that Lucas has fucked up the franchise for the fans…
What does he care? He has new fans, people who will buy all the new merchandise. And he's got the old fans, who are stupid enough to see it on opening night, desperately hoping that it'll be better than the last one...

Poor fools...:nono:

Kane Knight
05-27-2004, 01:33 PM
Well, as much of a StarWoid (it's like a Trekkie for SW fans) as I am, I couldn't stand Ep 1 and 2. However, all the stuff I've heard (officially and the rumor mill) point to this one will tie this and the original trilogy together, and will most likely be a hell of a lot better than the first two (though that's not saying much) Anyways, I'm hoping for the best, but getting ready for the worst.

I mean, they still have Hayden Christiansen, who is neck-and-neck with Orlando Bloom in the race for "least emotion possible in a dramatic role." Anyone remember how this was the promise ofep 2?

The Man of Skill
05-27-2004, 03:32 PM
Episode Two blew mostly because of the first half of the movie being entirely unecessary. Episode One just blew altogether.

They shoulda had more foreshadowing of Anakin turning evil. I mean, that's what everyone wants to see. Him slaughtering all those Sand People was cool and all but there needs to be more evilness!

Kane Knight
05-27-2004, 03:37 PM
They should have done a lot of things.

For example, they should have hired ghostwriters.

KillerWolf
05-27-2004, 04:02 PM
episode 1 - shame on them
episode 2 - shame on me
there will be no episode 3 (as far as i'm concerned)

Vega
05-27-2004, 04:43 PM
A lot of people say that. My friend Jamie argues with me over this, too, because he says the lack of midochloriwhatsits alone should make it better.

The second movie was crap, even compared to Ep 1.

Let's make a list of cons for each.

Major Episode 1 Cons:

Jake Lloyd, worst actor ever.
Are you an angel?
midichlorians
jar jar's lines first half of the movie
anakin flying a ship at the end
Qui Gon not disapearing at death

Major Episode 2 cons:

Anakin/Amidala Dialog
Yoda overusing his form of backwards speech
R2 randomly having jets (could be stricken from the record if he gets them removed in episode 3)

Episode 2 wins.

Kane Knight
05-27-2004, 04:54 PM
Major Episode 2 flaws: The plot.

To the rest:

R2 having rockets isn't so horrible. Just because he didn't fly in later episodes doesn't mean he couldn't. Keep in mind the fact that the empire does a heavy demilitarisation stint.

Are You an Angel? Falls under the shit lines of Anakin. Already falls under Jake Lloyd. Jar Jar is Jar Jar. He didn't really get better or worse int the entirety of two movies. Though he was instrumental in the downfall of the Republic, so he's got my vote for character of the series.

Qui-Gon not disappearing: Covered in Star Wars before, so I don't see why it's such a big thing.

Anakin Flying a ship: No worse than the pod race, and so far, it's the only real indication of him being anywhere near the Hotshot pilot he grew up to be (and Luke ended up as).

Episode 2 Flaw: Anakin's teenage angst. "I'm the greatest Jedi ever! though I've accomplished nothing but being a whiny little bitch who only appeals to misguided 15 year old girls..."

Vega
05-27-2004, 05:03 PM
R2 would have used the rockets had he had the ability in the later movies. Think about it, why would he have gone by ground when he was seeking out Obi-Wan in ANH? He would have used jets to go much faster.

I didn't think Jar Jar was as bad as most people did, I thought he became a better character throughout the movie. At first he just seemed really stupid and a bad character, by the end he wasn't nearly as annoying.

Qui Gon had time to prepare himself to disappear, it implies that the second he is done talking with obi wan he dies.

I guess I was more thinking about his lines during the ship flying scene. "I got him" just so damn stupid, even for a supposed 9 year old

In episode 2 anakin did seem stupid with a lot of his lines. "I killed them. I killed them all" and shit, still nothing compared to jake lloyds lines in episode 1.

Vega
05-27-2004, 05:08 PM
testing to see if this countdown clock works:

<SCRIPT language="JavaScript" SRC="http://www.durbnpoisn.com/countdown/cd_ep3.js"></SCRIPT>

Kalyx triaD
05-27-2004, 05:26 PM
I'll get the episode 3 DVD just to get it. I'm not a fanboy, I watch the whole movie once, and later I just skip to the lightsaber duals (The last two movies had kickass ones). Episode seems lightsaber friendly, so I'm gonna snag it. I won't see it in theaters, fans who complain are the WORST EXPERIENCE TO THEATERS SINCE BLACK PEOPLE.

Kane Knight
05-27-2004, 06:03 PM
R2 would have used the rockets had he had the ability in the later movies. Think about it, why would he have gone by ground when he was seeking out Obi-Wan in ANH? He would have used jets to go much faster.
1) Like I said. Demilitarisation. The Empire cracked down on all sorts of things, including strong shields, fast hyperdrives (Han has a .5, but he's a smuggler), and all sorts of fun tech.

2) Heavily damaged droids.

3) flight ceiling/range issues? Might have made more sense for him to stay on the ground, especially as he would have been even less conspicuous if he was flying around.

didn't think Jar Jar was as bad as most people did, I thought he became a better character throughout the movie. At first he just seemed really stupid and a bad character, by the end he wasn't nearly as annoying.
I preferred Jar Jar to the Ewoks, frankly. :) I'm just stating that he really didn't get any better or worse in the course of the movie.

Qui Gon had time to prepare himself to disappear, it implies that the second he is done talking with obi wan he dies.
So did Darth Vader. Hey, he didn't. :wtf:

No no no...It's not an issue of taking time to prepare yourself. It's an issue of spiritual matters.

I guess I was more thinking about his lines during the ship flying scene. "I got him" just so damn stupid, even for a supposed 9 year old
Yeah, but to be fair, all of his lines in TPM sucked.

In episode 2 anakin did seem stupid with a lot of his lines. "I killed them. I killed them all" and shit, still nothing compared to jake lloyds lines in episode 1.
Yeah, but they weren't writing for an idiot kid. at least by the time he's an idiot teenager, most people have a better idea of how to write a character, and a reasonable expectation that the kid involved can act.

Still, Anakin was a less important character in the first movie. He really didn't have much of a place, except as a plot device. In the second movie, he was supposed to you know, be a character. They really failed, so it's more detrimental for the character to have bad lines than for the plot device to have shit lines.

Kris P Lettus
05-27-2004, 06:23 PM
I marked out for the Yoda fight scene in Episode 2..

Kane Knight
05-27-2004, 06:25 PM
I marked out for the Yoda fight scene in Episode 2..
Miss Piggy and Kermit's lovechild goes apeshit.

Avenger
05-27-2004, 06:30 PM
testing to see if this countdown clock works:

<SCRIPT language=JavaScript src="http://www.durbnpoisn.com/countdown/cd_ep3.js"></SCRIPT>lol. that should so be on every forum page

Kane Knight
05-27-2004, 06:33 PM
lol. that should so be on every forum page
The People's Nerd Website.

Vega
05-30-2004, 04:58 AM
I always assumed Darth Vader disappeared. You can't tell when his suit is burning at the end, since clothes/armor/etc don't go with the body.

Also my roomate just looked it up and is citing some interview with George Lucas saying he did disappear, it was only his suit burning.

Vega
05-30-2004, 04:58 AM
lol. that should so be on every forum page

I could put it in my sig :lol: