PDA

View Full Version : TV TITLE

Marc the Smark
05-26-2004, 02:09 AM
Okay, Scott Hall threw it in the trash. Four months later, ol' "Hacksaw" picked it out (in a different city, btw). Anyway, I think the WWE should bring back the TV Title. It would get over some of its younger superstars, and open the door for some interesting storylines.

The TV Champion should have to defend the title on every Raw and Smackdown. This way, he'd get a lot of exposure, and we'd see a title defense on every show. If a guy is getting over, let him keep going. If he's not, on to the next guy. Let the General Manager of each show determine who the challenger will be (for their respective show each week), leaving the door open for an "anything can happen" atmosphere. The possibilities are endless for a title like this, and I think people would really buy in to this type of thing........at least for a while.

Sensei Of Mattitude
05-26-2004, 02:22 AM
Reasons not to do it:
1) Too Many Titles
2) Titles dont mean much today
3) Too Many Title Changes

Reasons to do it:
1) Give guys exposure.
2) It would give a meaningful match on Heat and Velocity (and once and a while on RAW and Smackdown)

Should they do it?

- Yes if they keep it to low mid card guys and leave it on Heat and Velocity.
- No if it is just to have another meaningless title.

Rob
05-26-2004, 02:13 PM
Too many titles and those titles aren't even being promoted right.

tucsonspeed6
05-26-2004, 02:16 PM
The WWE is big on experimenting with ideas right now. Don't be surprised if they don't experiment with this idea too.

KillerWolf
05-26-2004, 02:59 PM
television title. thats equivelent to the european title, right? both are a joke, plus just the name "television title" or "television champion" sound stupid.

The Show Off
05-26-2004, 03:13 PM
I remember the days where Chris Jericho or even going farther bach, Arn Anderson, when the Television Championship was actually legit. I remember at times it was even more prestegious then the United States Championship. On another not I think Television Championship sounded coolere the European Championship.

Bringing it back now would be a decent idea I suppose, but if they just give to one guy and keep it on him for like 9 months and barley bring up that he;s the champion, then it's just a big waste. If the Television championship would open up legit feuds for Hurricane, Val Venis, Steven Richards, ect. then it'd be cool, anything to elevate these guys to the Intercontinental Championship would be good...

In conclusion I really don't think they should bring it back because there are only three people in the intercontinental championship picture right now, (Orton, Benjamin, & Edge) how about instead of bringing in a new title elevate new people tio the IC title, like there three guys I mentioned before.

Oxstar
05-26-2004, 03:35 PM
If they bring back the tv title it really wudn't mean shit, why do you think they got rid of the european title and all them extra titles that came over from wcw?

Shaggy
05-26-2004, 03:57 PM
I like your idea....

If they bring it back then it should be in a tournament between both shows and at the final match at a joined ppv there is a winner. Then from that night on the winner has to fight at Raw and Smackdown TV event. Then each show the GM puts a new person as the challenger and then when ever the champ losses to someone he has to stay on the show he lost to. It would be a good way to get some exposure but also it would change rosters around a little bit leaving range open for some more stories.

John la Rock
05-26-2004, 04:53 PM
maybe

as long as they bring back the European Title as well in order to balance out both shows

Corkscrewed
05-26-2004, 05:00 PM
Knowing the WWE, they'd only have wrestlers defend the TV Title at PPVs... :roll:

The Show Off
05-27-2004, 05:46 PM
Knowing the WWE, they'd only have wrestlers defend the TV Title at PPVs... :roll:

Only PPV's and house shows