PDA

View Full Version : What's so great about Booker T?

Marc the Smark
05-26-2004, 02:25 AM
Is it the Spin-a-roonie? His average charisma? His average mic skills? That's all he is. Average. Yeah, he was a 5 Time Champion in the WCW. Didn't David Arquette win the title there too? :roll: Didn't Scott Steiner? :roll: So what's the big deal? What's so great about Booker T?

Stickman
05-26-2004, 02:28 AM
Nothing

Wondermouse
05-26-2004, 02:43 AM
Is it the Spin-a-roonie? His average charisma? His average mic skills? That's all he is. Average. Yeah, he was a 5 Time Champion in the WCW. Didn't David Arquette win the title there too? :roll: Didn't Scott Steiner? :roll: So what's the big deal? What's so great about Booker T?
Didn't Vince McMahon win the WWE Title? Didn't Sid? Didn't Warrior?

":roll:"

How about the fact that he was part of the greatest tag team of the late nineties? How about his awesome best of seven series against Benoit?

Booker's an above average worker that can pull great matches when working with the right people. He can't carry anyone to a great match (like Angle, Benoit, Eddy, etc), but he's capable of holding his own with one of those guys. He's a better worker than most of the roster, he's a nice size, and he's good on the mic.

PureHatred
05-26-2004, 03:04 AM
Are you just so much of a WWE zombie that you like to randomly bash WCW workers?

Wondermouse had it right...Booker is an above average (not great) worker with good charisma who had his best matches in another company.

KillerWolf
05-26-2004, 03:06 AM
:y: ive been saying this for a long time.

cream
05-26-2004, 03:27 AM
if the wwe(and hhh) didnt decide to bury booker at wmxix, you probably wouldnt be saying things like that. If you can remember he was hugely popular and given the right push/angle could have really taken off.

Kane Knight
05-26-2004, 03:43 AM
Yeah, the WCW title has no credibility. It has so little credibility that it's the Raw Heavyweight championship. David Arquette held Triple H's baby! :eek:

Kane Knight
05-26-2004, 03:46 AM
Booker's above average in pretty much every field. He's not the most charismatic, the most over, the best wrestler, but he's still better than the norm in every field. In a business where so many of the main eventers are lacking in (at least) one field, that really shines.

Not everyone can be JEricho, Angle, Austin ( :shifty: ), etc.

Batsu
05-26-2004, 04:10 AM
Booker's above average in pretty much every field. He's not the most charismatic, the most over, the best wrestler, but he's still better than the norm in every field. In a business where so many of the main eventers are lacking in (at least) one field, that really shines.

Not everyone can be JEricho, Angle, Austin ( :shifty: ), etc.

I agree.

I think his mic skills went through the roof when he finally was allowed to break into his own... (which was his last days in WCW...the Goldust tag team to feuding with HHH era in WWE). I think the only thing hindering him there was the fact they had him imitating others (mostly The Rock).

He can't carry everyone to a great match, definitely proven when he and Buff Bagwell had that ass-awful WCW match on Raw. (I blame most of that on Buff, though... he was really screwin' around...)

LK
05-26-2004, 06:33 AM
How about the fact that he was part of the greatest tag team of the late nineties? How about his awesome best of seven series against Benoit?

:y: Booker is good wrestler with decent mic skills and there are much worse than him in the WWE right now.

Bret Hart
05-26-2004, 11:02 AM
Booker was gold in WCW, but I haven't really been a fan of his since coming to the WWE

c4g2
05-26-2004, 11:35 AM
The problem with Booker is that the writers are not allowing him to shine.

Goldbird
05-26-2004, 11:37 AM
The problem with Booker is that the writers are not allowing him to shine.

Or should we say Triple H does not want him to shine? :roll:

c4g2
05-26-2004, 11:44 AM
Yeah I forgot.

HHH is God.

KillerWolf
05-26-2004, 12:24 PM
if the wwe(and hhh) didnt decide to bury booker at wmxix, you probably wouldnt be saying things like that. If you can remember he was hugely popular and given the right push/angle could have really taken off.
ive been saying these things since long before the booker t/hhh feud. ive never understood his popularity. Red Hot Scott is correct when he says that he is average.
i think he has improved as of late, but i generally liken him to RVD. same match week in and week out.

Marc the Smark
05-26-2004, 12:49 PM
he's good on the mic.

:nono: Have you ever heard him speak?

John la Rock
05-26-2004, 01:03 PM
Didn't Vince McMahon win the WWE Title? Didn't Sid? Didn't Warrior?

":roll:"

Booker's an above average worker that can pull great matches when working with the right people. He can't carry anyone to a great match (like Angle, Benoit, Eddy, etc), but he's capable of holding his own with one of those guys. He's a better worker than most of the roster, he's a nice size, and he's good on the mic.

ya what he said

Marc the Smark
05-26-2004, 01:19 PM
He has a catch-phrase, so people assume he's a master on the mic. But when it comes to mic skills, he couldn't hold his own with someone like The Rock, or Austin, or Chris Jericho, or even Triple H. He's out of his element in that field.

Also, maybe Booker T used to have wrestling skills (before coming to WWE). But since then, he's become increasingly sloppy, and stale with the same moves. His punches and chops are weak (watch them carefully), and his moveset is overused. His offense in the ring is minimal, and his selling could use some work.

Fine. Maybe the Booker T in WCW was deservent of the title. But the Booker T in the ring right now is average, in every way possible way. He's a big name because of his past, but let's focus on what's happening now.

KillerWolf
05-26-2004, 01:41 PM
He has a catch-phrase, so people assume he's a master on the mic.

:y: exactly :nono:

Kane Knight
05-26-2004, 01:43 PM
Yeah I forgot.

HHH is <s>God</s> To blame for all problems, no matter how improbable. .

Kane Knight
05-26-2004, 01:53 PM
He has a catch-phrase, so people assume he's a master on the mic. But when it comes to mic skills, he couldn't hold his own with someone like The Rock, or Austin, or Chris Jericho, or even Triple H. He's out of his element in that field.
Let's do that list...

The Rock: One of the best in the field of mic skills.

Austin: Pretty high charisma.

Jericho: One of the best mic workers, period.

Triple H: You've gotta be fucking kidding me. Trips makes Booker look like the Rock.

The funny thing is, most of those people are the BEST. You're saying that he's nto good on the mic because he's not the Rock?

Marc the Smark
05-26-2004, 01:56 PM
You're saying that he's nto good on the mic because he's not the Rock?

No, I'm saying Booker T and The Rock (or Austin, Jericho, or Triple H) aren't even in the same league. I'm saying Booker T isn't as good as those guys, and never will be, and trying to figure out why people think he is.

Kane Knight
05-26-2004, 02:05 PM
No, I'm saying Booker T and The Rock (or Austin, Jericho, or Triple H) aren't even in the same league. I'm saying Booker T isn't as good as those guys, and never will be, and trying to figure out why people think he is.
Let me repeat this concept a little slower for you.

The.

Reason.

They're.

Not.

In.

The.

Same.

League.

Is.

Because.

Rock.

Is.

One.

of the.

BEST!

That.

Does.

Not.

Mean.

That.

Booker.

Isn't.

Still.

Above.

Par.

D'accord?

big_bluto
05-26-2004, 02:11 PM
My opinions on Booker T kind of tie into what people have said above.

I think the nail was hit on the head when the word 'Average' was used to describe Booker T. That in itself is the problem.
Because he is slightly above average in every area that we examine wrestlers on, then he doesn't appear to have any stand out qualities.
As a result he ends up looking pretty vanilla.
You add in the horrendous writing he's had to deal with, the push's he's had and would have been better off without, and the latest lame-ass storyline he's having to deal with, and you can see why there are those who aren't his biggest fan, and you can see why there are those who think he's had a rough deal and deserves a better chance.

Having said all that, Booker T hasn't exactly helped himself.
All wrestlers should be aware of how they are perceived, and Booker T MUST be aware that for a while now he has been perceived as stale.
The Book-man should have been looking to introduce some new moves to his set, keep things lively, and weed out some of the old stuff, or at the very least, rotate it around.
As it is, it kind of looks like he's going through the motions, earning his paycheck and not putting in any more effort than he has to.

Personally, I think there are others more deserving of the push that he's got.
Put as simply as I can, I think that the best of Booker T's career is behind him.

Apocolyptik1
05-26-2004, 02:13 PM
Let me repeat this concept a little slower for you.

The.

Reason.

They're.

Not.

In.

The.

Same.

League.

Is.

Because.

Rock.

Is.

One.

of the.

BEST!

That.

Does.

Not.

Mean.

That.

Booker.

Isn't.

Still.

Above.

Par.

D'accord?

Thanks KK. I logged on just to say something along those lines.

Red, you are stating that he is average by comparing him to the greats. Everyone else is saying he is above average because he is, compared to the other talent in the WWE.

If you put him on a standard that is impossible to match then of course he is going to be average.

No one said he is the Rock on the mic, or Jericho in the ring. They just said he is better then most of the other talent.

And saying that Trips is good on the mic kinda makes you look like you dont know what you are talking about. :wtf:

tucsonspeed6
05-26-2004, 02:14 PM
Or should we say Triple H does not want him to shine? :roll:

I remember watching the deleted scenes from "The Mania of Wrestlemania" on the WMXX DVD and there was a big segment just about HHH and Booker T. HHH said (and I quote) "The only problem with Booker T is consistancy. He's hit and miss."

When he said that I was thinking "Gee, HHH, I guess not every wrestler can be as consistant in their lackluster performances as you. Maybe everybody should be carried by the best in the business. THat'd make the quality of wrestling much better.

big_bluto
05-26-2004, 02:17 PM
And saying that Trips is good on the mic kinda makes you look like you dont know what you are talking about. :wtf:
I don't know....
Bedtime stories should be his forte', coz he puts me to sleep every time he picks up a mic!

The Mackem
05-26-2004, 02:22 PM
I have many Goldust/Booker T segments on my computer, what a time to be alive.

Sephiroth
05-26-2004, 02:24 PM
It's because he is black...and because of his cock ( think Funky ) :shifty:

John la Rock
05-26-2004, 05:01 PM
I think Booker is in the WWE mostly for the money. I don't think he gives a shit about where he's at on the card as long as he's making the big bucks. I think Jericho is the same

Savio
05-26-2004, 05:19 PM
Yeah, he was a 5 Time Champion in the WCW.
He also won it in WWE also stupid.

Marc the Smark
05-26-2004, 06:04 PM
That.

Does.

Not.

Mean.

That.

Booker.

Isn't.

Still.

Above.

Par.

People are saying he's above average ("above par"). I'm saying he's not. People have said he could be the man in the company. I'm saying he can't. And I've tried to explain my reasoning. No, he isn't The Rock. So he's not one of the greatest, but Booker's still not as good as people think he is. How is that hard to understand?

Corkscrewed
05-26-2004, 06:35 PM
So list some "average" people that Booker is worse than. If he's not even above average, then list some of these people. Don't compare him to the best and call him trash.

Marc the Smark
05-26-2004, 06:41 PM
So list some "average" people that Booker is worse than. If he's not even above average, then list some of these people. Don't compare him to the best and call him trash.

I could do that, but would it really help? People will just disagree, and shoot down my opinion. So why bother? Do you think Booker T's as good as, say, John Cena? Or Rey Mysterio? They're better than average. Booker T isn't. He just doesn't have it.

loopydate
05-26-2004, 06:47 PM
Just watch Superbrawl '98 and you'll know why I'm a Booker mark for life.

Marc the Smark
05-26-2004, 06:56 PM
Just watch Superbrawl '98 and you'll know why I'm a Booker mark for life.

He may have been great at one time. That doesn't mean he's great now. He drew big crowds in the WCW. Does that mean he'd be good as the Champ on Smackdown or Raw? Not necessarily. He's a big name, I realize that. But Hogan was big for years, and look how good he was. :shifty: You people who like Booker have got really bad taste.

Wondermouse
05-26-2004, 07:06 PM
Scott, did you even watch WCW?

loopydate
05-26-2004, 07:09 PM
I think, even with his back problems, if he was used right, he'd be an even BIGGER star.

The man is seriously flexible for a guy of his size, and he can fly, too (although his back problems might curb the "Hangovers" and missile dropkicks). He has a natural charisma that people are drawn to, but he's been so badly buried by the WWE bookers that he isn't the credible threat he should be.

Marc the Smark
05-26-2004, 07:10 PM
Scott, did you even watch WCW?

He may have been great at one time. That doesn't mean he's great now. He drew big crowds in the WCW. Does that mean he'd be good as the Champ on Smackdown or Raw? Not necessarily. He's a big name, I realize that. But Hogan was big for years, and look how good he was. You people who like Booker have got really bad taste.

Wondermouse
05-26-2004, 07:12 PM
Way to answer my question.

el fregadero
05-26-2004, 07:13 PM
He's black.

OssMan
05-26-2004, 07:14 PM
He may have been great at one time. That doesn't mean he's great now. He drew big crowds in the WCW. Does that mean he'd be good as the Champ on Smackdown or Raw? Not necessarily. He's a big name, I realize that. But Hogan was big for years, and look how good he was. You people who like Booker have got really bad taste.The question was "did you even watch WCW?"

Marc the Smark
05-26-2004, 07:15 PM
Yes, I did. Ya happy?

Marc the Smark
05-26-2004, 07:17 PM
He's black.

Shelton Benjamin's awesome.

Stickman
05-26-2004, 07:19 PM
I liked BT at one time. When he was in Harlem Heat he was great. Maybe his first World Title reign. Other than that I agree with Scott. I thought he was alright until I bought a PPV that was in Vancouver (thankfully I didn't buy tickets to it). The pay per view sucked big time and then the main event came, it was between Booker T and Jeff Jarrett for the title. It must of been one of the worst matches ever. They played an angle where his knee hurt so all 20 minutes of the match JJ worked on the leg. It was boring as hell. Since then, even while in WCW, I haven't been a huge fan of him.

Now, Scott keeps talking about hime being slightly above average. I think the best person to compare him to is Edge.

That's all i have to say now.

Wondermouse
05-26-2004, 07:44 PM
I think the best person to compare him to is Edge.
And Edge is a tag champ on Raw with the World champ, and looks as though he could be headlining a PPV any time now. And this is on RAW, who has Benoit, Trips, HBK, Jericho, Kane, Christian, and Orton.

Booker's on Smackdown. Who do they have? Eddie, Rey, RVD, Cena? And he's jobbing to UT, who could lose his next 100 matches and not lose any heat at all.

Eddie/Booker would be a helluva match. Not MOTY quality, but a hell of a match.

Tell me - who on smackdown, in the Midcard-Main Event status, is more deserving of him than a world title shot?

JBL, and his inability to wrestle? Cena, who panders to the crowd and puts on the same vanilla match every night?

Nowhere Man
05-26-2004, 07:56 PM
The only real problem I see with Booker T is that he's a jack-of-all-trades, but a master of none. His mic work is decent, but pales in comparison to the better promo men out there (a la Rock, Jericho, Foley, Raven, Benoit :shifty: ) His ring work is solid (superb back in his day), but nowhere near the level of your Benoits or Guerreros or Jerichos. His psychology is great, but when did that ever matter in WWE?

Most importantly, though, his character has gone to the shitter. People bought it when he was the underdog challenger going into Wrestlemania (I still think it's bullshit that Triple H got away with cutting a blatantly racist promo, then getting a clean pin), and he got massive pops when he was knocking around with Goldust, but what's he done recently? Whined and moped about being on Smackdown. Gotten murdered by the Undertaker in a lame "voodoo" angle. Lost his push to f</>ucking BRADSHAW, of all people. All the while not really having any sort of direction. I just don't think Booker works very well as a heel.

I can see why a lot of people don't like him: he's got all aspects of wrestling covered solid, but doesn't really stick out in particular. Kinda sad, since the guy's a good overall worker.

Nowhere Man
05-26-2004, 07:57 PM
I liked BT at one time. When he was in Harlem Heat he was great. Maybe his first World Title reign. Other than that I agree with Scott. I thought he was alright until I bought a PPV that was in Vancouver (thankfully I didn't buy tickets to it). The pay per view sucked big time and then the main event came, it was between Booker T and Jeff Jarrett for the title. It must of been one of the worst matches ever. They played an angle where his knee hurt so all 20 minutes of the match JJ worked on the leg. It was boring as hell. Since then, even while in WCW, I haven't been a huge fan of him.

Oh, come on, you can't blame that on Booker. Jarrett's work has always been utter shit, no matter who he's paired against.

OssMan
05-26-2004, 08:06 PM
<table class="tborder" cellpadding="4" cellspacing="1" border="0" width="100%" align="center"> <tbody id="collapseobj_usercp_reputation" style=""><tr><td class="alt2">http://64.227.53.186/images/forums/reputation/reputation_neg.gif</td> <td class="alt1Active" id="p358236" width="50%">What's so great about B... (http://tpww.net/forums/showthread.php?p=358236#post358236)</td> <td class="alt2" nowrap="nowrap">05-26-2004 06:22 PM</td> <td class="alt1" nowrap="nowrap">Red Hot Scott (http://tpww.net/forums/member.php?u=1372)</td> </tr></tbody> </table>
:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(

Wondermouse
05-26-2004, 08:36 PM
Booker's matches usually depend on who he's working with. That is, he's very easily carried, but incapable of being paired with a stiff.

John la Rock
05-26-2004, 08:45 PM
The only matches I liked him in were his matches with Chris Benoit in the Best of 7 Series and his match against HHH at Wrestlemania XIX was good (not including the worst ending to a match I've ever seen)

Batsu
05-26-2004, 09:35 PM

Uhhh...compared to BT, HHH sucks on the mic, esp. when he's trying to play babyface. Does anyone not remember his days in DX, when he said wildly questionable things like:

"I'm bi-a lot of things, but bilingual is not one of them", and "testes? 1, 2, 3"... it was comical because it was so bad.

he can play the angsty heel to perfection, but outside of that, the H in Triple H stands for "horrendous".

Booker T is no Rock or Jericho, but HHH...I dunno if he matches up to them either.

Whoever said the best person to compare him to is Edge, is dead on. He does remind me a lot of Edge in several categories...RVD in others.

diamondcutter
05-26-2004, 09:42 PM
Oh, come on, you can't blame that on Booker. Jarrett's work has always been utter shit, no matter who he's paired against.

I find that odd, seeing is that alot of people still rave about their match at Bash at the Beach 2000---or maybe that was because they didn't have alot of time to go over the match.

As far as what's so great about Booker, I agree with those who say it's mostly a matter of poor storylines and injuries in his WWE career. I've always seen Booker T. as a black Chris Benoit---as in I like him mostly for his wrestling than his promos. He needs to change two things, though:

1. Stop using the spin-a-roonie after hitting a couple of big moves. It makes his character look stupid, as he could be going for the pin. He needs to go back to using it as a "kip-up" type move after an axe kick, or flapjack. Also, the spin-a-roonie was funny by the name alone back in WCW when Mark Madden used to say it, but Booker never even acknowledged it.

2. Get a new finisher. This might be the more difficult of the two changes, but the axe kick doesn't cut it as a finisher, IMO. No Bookend, either, since whether or not The Rock decides to be full-time, fans will always think of that move as the Rock Bottom. The Houston Hangover would be good to go back to, but I heard he actually hurt someone with that when he tried it in WWE.

John la Rock
05-26-2004, 09:48 PM
1. Stop using the spin-a-roonie after hitting a couple of big moves. It makes his character look stupid, as he could be going for the pin. He needs to go back to using it as a "kip-up" type move after an axe kick, or flapjack. Also, the spin-a-roonie was funny by the name alone back in WCW when Mark Madden used to say it, but Booker never even acknowledged it.

2. Get a new finisher. This might be the more difficult of the two changes, but the axe kick doesn't cut it as a finisher, IMO. No Bookend, either, since whether or not The Rock decides to be full-time, fans will always think of that move as the Rock Bottom. The Houston Hangover would be good to go back to, but I heard he actually hurt someone with that when he tried it in WWE.

The WWE told him to stop using the Spin-A-Rooinie because it generated too much of a face reaction from the crowd. They want him to tease the Rooine and then not do it so the fans can boo him

I also agree that he needs a new finisher. The Axe Kick is crap, The Bookend is a cheap ripoff of The Rock Bottom, Houston Hangover would be good but it should only be used on special occasions (Wrestlemania). I remember in WCW he used a Missle Drop Kick (before he started to immitate The Rock) and it looked pretty sick

Batsu
05-26-2004, 09:54 PM
I like The Bookend. I'm actually surprised they allowed Booker to keep it considering WWE's asinine "no two wrestlers with the same finisher" policy. Though, I think that should be a secondary finisher behind his familiar Axe Kick.

I dunno what else Booker could use for a finisher that WWE would allow, however.

big_bluto
05-27-2004, 04:47 AM
Tell me - who on smackdown, in the Midcard-Main Event status, is more deserving of him than a world title shot?

JBL, and his inability to wrestle? Cena, who panders to the crowd and puts on the same vanilla match every night?

R V D
:y:

Wondermouse
05-27-2004, 04:57 AM
Wouldn't mind RVD if he updates his offense a little and gets a good heel turn.

big_bluto
05-27-2004, 05:03 AM
Wouldn't mind RVD if he updates his offense a little and gets a good heel turn.
Yeah, he needs to do something move-wise to remind people that he's more bad-ass now (or should be)
Even doing the Van Daminator after the match on every opponent that he beats would be cool.
Aside from the moves, it's all ATTITUDE!

Kane Knight
05-27-2004, 02:48 PM
People are saying he's above average ("above par"). I'm saying he's not. People have said he could be the man in the company. I'm saying he can't. And I've tried to explain my reasoning. No, he isn't The Rock. So he's not one of the greatest, but Booker's still not as good as people think he is. How is that hard to understand?
Then why did you come up with a list of the TOP PEOPLE IN THE BIZ to compare him to?

If I'm going to say a martial artist sucks, I'm not gonna compare him to Bruce Lee.

If I'm going to say a basketball player sucks, I won't compare him to the likes of Jordan.

If I'm gonna say that someone's stupid, I won't compare them to the likes of Einstein or Hawking.

Why, then, would you think that comparing Booker to the Rock and Kurt Angle would get your point across that he's not good?

You poorly illustrated your point at best.

Kane Knight
05-27-2004, 02:52 PM
I could do that, but would it really help? People will just disagree, and shoot down my opinion. So why bother? Do you think Booker T's as good as, say, John Cena? Or Rey Mysterio? They're better than average. Booker T isn't. He just doesn't have it.
And I'm sure you don't think that Cena's been horribly bland of late.

Rey may be a better wrestler, but he sucks ass on the mic.

i've seen MIMES with better mic skills than Rey rey.

Wildcat789
05-27-2004, 05:36 PM
Scott,

The problem with your statement about Booker T, is that you compared him to (quite possibly)some of the GREATEST of all time. At that standpoint, sure he's gonna look like shyte. Every wrestler would in that opinion.

How about we compare him to other guys on his position on the card?
Comparitively to these people-
JBL
RVD
Rey Rey
and any other high-midcard positioned wrestlers I forgot...

He looks like a wrestling GOD! Why your standpoint makes little sense is because any wrestler looks bad when compared to people who were practically legends in the game. Even EDDIE looks sub par compared to Rocky or even Austin, but we all know he isn't.

Don't bash the Bookman, he's given us some of the best stuff in the last few years, except for WMXIX. I say it's a great thing he's on Smackdown. He'll draw for the brand soon enough, and if they were to take the belt off Eddie and give it to the next most credible guy on SD, it would definately go to Booker.

Kane Knight
05-27-2004, 05:42 PM
Scott,

The problem with your statement about Booker T, is that you compared him to (quite possibly)some of the GREATEST of all time. At that standpoint, sure he's gonna look like shyte. Every wrestler would in that opinion.

How about we compare him to other guys on his position on the card?
Comparitively to these people-
JBL
RVD
Rey Rey
and any other high-midcard positioned wrestlers I forgot...

He looks like a wrestling GOD! Why your standpoint makes little sense is because any wrestler looks bad when compared to people who were practically legends in the game. Even EDDIE looks sub par compared to Rocky or even Austin, but we all know he isn't.

Don't bash the Bookman, he's given us some of the best stuff in the last few years, except for WMXIX. I say it's a great thing he's on Smackdown. He'll draw for the brand soon enough, and if they were to take the belt off Eddie and give it to the next most credible guy on SD, it would definately go to Booker.

indeed. You rock.

Marc the Smark
05-27-2004, 08:41 PM
Why, then, would you think that comparing Booker to the Rock and Kurt Angle would get your point across that he's not good?

Ugh. I compared him to those guys because other people have. When Booker T first came into the company, there were fans who thought he should be the next Champ. In fact, I'd be willing to bet some people still feel that way, and maybe some of those people are reading this right now. What I'm saying is, he doesn't have what it takes. He doesn't have what it takes to be the next Rock, or Kurt Angle, or Steve Austin, the way some fans think he does. Why is that hard to understand???

The icon killer
05-27-2004, 09:20 PM
I think he funny as Hell i wish Golddust was still with wwe they were a great tag team unlike him and RVD because RVD is better as a single then as a tag team partner

KillerWolf
05-27-2004, 09:21 PM
Ugh. I compared him to those guys because other people have. When Booker T first came into the company, there were fans who thought he should be the next Champ. In fact, I'd be willing to bet some people still feel that way, and maybe some of those people are reading this right now. What I'm saying is, he doesn't have what it takes. He doesn't have what it takes to be the next Rock, or Kurt Angle, or Steve Austin, the way some fans think he does. Why is that hard to understand???
well, thats a given. thats not making much of a statement. i say he doesnt have what it takes to be the next eddie guerrero.

Marc the Smark
05-28-2004, 12:45 AM
well, thats a given. thats not making much of a statement. i say he doesnt have what it takes to be the next eddie guerrero.

Well that was my point. People have said he could be the next big Superstar. I'm saying that's bulls</>hit. That's all I was trying to say. And yeah, he was big at one time, but that won't happen again.

Kane Knight
05-28-2004, 12:50 AM
He.

Doesn't.

Have.

To.

Be.

The Next.

Rock.

To Be.

A Champion.

Fuckwit.

Come on, the fucking BIG SHOW was a champ. Compared to him, Booker's God made flesh. You don't need to be the top star on a show to get a title. Considering the lack of main eventers on Raw, Booker should be a Godsend. How is that so hard to understand?

Kane Knight
05-28-2004, 12:51 AM
Well that was my point. People have said he could be the next big Superstar. I'm saying that's bullshit. That's all I was trying to say. And yeah, he was big at one time, but that won't happen again.
It won't, because they seem to want to squash him.

He could be big. He's not the Rock, but Rocks and Angles are generally few and far between.

Marc the Smark
05-28-2004, 12:54 AM
He.

Doesn't.

Have.

To.

Be.

The Next.

Rock.

To Be.

A Champion.

Fuckwit.

Come on, the fucking BIG SHOW was a champ. Compared to him, Booker's God made flesh. You don't need to be the top star on a show to get a title. Considering the lack of main eventers on Raw, Booker should be a Godsend. How is that so hard to understand?

I'm gonna reply to your post, and then I'm finished talking to you until you can talk to me decently. If Booker T should be the Champion, then so should Spike Dudley. So should Steven Richards. So should Hardcore Holly. Can Booker be the Champion? Well you're right, anyone can. But that doesn't mean he'd be good at it. People have said he's as good as the best. I'm saying he's not. "Fuckwit."

Lara Emily
05-28-2004, 01:03 AM
I'm gonna reply to your post, and then I'm finished talking to you until you can talk to me decently. If Booker T should be the Champion, then so should Spike Dudley. So should Steven Richards. So should Hardcore Holly. Can Booker be the Champion? Well you're right, anyone can. But that doesn't mean he'd be good at it. People have said he's as good as the best. I'm saying he's not. "Fuckwit."
Booker is better than Holly, better than Spike, and better than Richards (though Richards is pretty good), you fail again to make a good point and look even worse.

Marc the Smark
05-28-2004, 01:09 AM
I'll try again...

People have said Booker can be as big as The Rock. I'm saying he can't. Get it?

Kane Knight
05-28-2004, 01:10 AM
Comparing Booker T to Spike Dudley. Yeah. good call. while we're at it, let's compare brock Lesnar's wrestling skills to Steven Hawking's...

How many people have actually said that Booker was as good as Kurt or Rocky? You're arguing against a point I have RARELY seen even hinted at, which makes it hard for me to take your argument seriously, especially since you're arguing with statements that aren't relaly relavent to things you supposedly are "trying to say."

And if Triple H can be champion, it's hard to go complaining about how Booker wouldn't be a good one.

(If you want to be addressed like a normal, intelligent person, don't act like a retard...)

Kane Knight
05-28-2004, 01:11 AM
I'll try again...

And that has what to do with Spike dudley as Champion?

If you can't stick to your own argument, stop acting like it's EVERYONE ELSE who doesn't get it.

Gone Mad
05-28-2004, 01:14 AM
Booker T honestly became "great" over time. He started like a couple of main eventers start: in a successful tag-team. He seemed to be the better of the two so he was noticed more. And over time, he got to main-event many WCW shows because as the fans noticed,he was good. But of course, if you compare him to some of the WWE main guys, he will be seen as average. But in any case, he is a great athelete and at times, becomes a likable character with the only fault is his mic skills and the injuries that slowed him abit. That and his now limited move set.

Lara Emily
05-28-2004, 01:15 AM
I'll try again...

I've never seen anyone say that myself.

Kane Knight
05-28-2004, 01:23 AM
I've never seen anyone say that myself.
The voices in his head are arguing that.

Lara Emily
05-28-2004, 01:25 AM
The voices in his head are arguing that.

Ahh so it all becomes clear.

Kane Knight
05-28-2004, 01:27 AM
Ahh so it all becomes clear.
Yeah. He forgot his meds today. ;)

Kane Knight
05-28-2004, 03:27 AM
The post that started it all.

Note he didn't say anything about him being the next Rock/Angle, he didn't complain about how he was stacked against the best, he just talked about how average Booker is.

Next, he goes into how he's not the Rock or Austin.

Well, he still hasn't brought up how people are claiming that Booker is the next Rocky.

22 posts.

It takes 22 posts for him to get even close to what he claims he's trying to say. Now, this is the first indication that people might think Booker's the next Rock. On the other hand, since he's made no solid indication that it's even been said by anyone before, it's really hard to draw his conclusions.

People are saying he's above average ("above par"). I'm saying he's not.
A statement he's evidently trying to distance himself from. You know, since every time people bring up this sort of thing, he goes back to his other statement...

People have said he could be the man in the company. I'm saying he can't. And I've tried to explain my reasoning. No, he isn't The Rock. So he's not one of the greatest, but Booker's still not as good as people think he is. How is that hard to understand?
David Copperfield couldn't have pulled this argument out of thin air so seemlessly.

How hard is it to understand? The fact that it wasn't part of your argument until the 32nd post might be a part of that, retard. :roll:

Don't blame other people if you cannot successfully explain yourself in your first dozen tries. You're suddenly making a case that simply wasn't your case before, and getting pissed because people don't "get" a point you haven't explained until after the post you'r getting so moody over. I dunno. The moral of this story is that, no matter what my posts in this thread look like, I was arguing that Aliens exist and are operating from a secret base on the moon to control our minds...And if you didn't get thatfrom my statements about Booker T not needing to be the rock to be good, you're obviously a morn. :roll:

:lol:

CBright7831
05-28-2004, 03:57 AM
Booker T

The Resume
(March 1, 1965- )
Wrestles for WWE/WCW
Birth name was Booker Huffman
WCW U.S. Champion
WWE Tag Team Champion
WWE Intercontinental Champion
Joined the WWE (then WWF) in June 2001

Why he might be annoying:
As a teen he to beat up people.
He was arrested.
His finishing move is called the spin-a-rooni.
He still break dances (the '80s are over).
He did poorly on the Weakest Link.
He has tattoos.
He use to wear a gold tooth.

Why he might not be annoying
He really loves kids.
When he quits wrestling he wants to be a motivation speaker for kids.

http://amiannoying.com/(wblgmzihbr4ccc45zqz11r45)/view.aspx?ID=3274

http://www.tpww.net/forums/images/icons/icon6.gif

Marc the Smark
05-28-2004, 07:29 AM
Before Kane Knight tells the whole world, I just sent him a private message. I wrote, "Fine. I did not explain myself well. Let it die." And I'll stick by that. I was not able to explain my point, and it's probably too late to try. He'll never be one of the greatest (whether anyone said that or not), and he'll never be better than average. That's my opinion of him. So whatever.

Kane Knight
05-28-2004, 12:52 PM
Before I tell the whole world?

:lol:

God, you really are such a retard.

You started attacking people because they didn't get a point you didn't even illustrate! Now you want to let it die...Oh, poor baby...:'(

So the question is: If this is all about your immutable opinion, why did you ask what was so great about him? Surely, it wasn't rhetorical, because contextually you left absolutely nothing to indicate such.

Why ask for an opinion when you're too latched into your own mindset to even understand where everyone else is coming from? Especially with this illusory Ëveryone claims tha booker is the next rock!" argument.

Corkscrewed
05-28-2004, 01:09 PM
Basically, Booker was awesome in WCW. Even you agree. He's not been as impressive now because of both injuries but more importantly, a lack of a good push. If they don't let him put on a good character, how can he be?

Greatest ever? Of course not. Pretty darn good? You betcha.

Aussie Skier
05-29-2004, 08:57 AM
Kane Knight

WTF! people, Chill! Christ, this isn't a sledging match.
Sounds like a game of cricket here now (of course, u ppl prolly dont know about sledging in cricket)

LK
05-29-2004, 09:24 AM
Basically Booker T could be huge right now. He wasone of th emost popular performers on Raw at a time and if booked right he could have become the most popular superstar in the WWE. But a certain someone *coughcoughHHHcoughcough* recognised how big Booker could have become and squashed him at Wrestlemania following a feud which was based on people like Booker not winning anything. Therefore Booker was made to look weak and hasn't gotten back anywhere near the main event scene.

c4g2
05-29-2004, 09:24 AM
Kane Knight

WTF! people, Chill! Christ, this isn't a sledging match.
Sounds like a game of cricket here now (of course, u ppl prolly dont know about sledging in cricket)

If you think this is bad, check out the casual forums. It's war out there. And KK here is recognised as one chewing up people and spitting them out. Live with it.

Goldbird
05-29-2004, 09:41 AM
^ If you think this is bad, check out the casual forums. It's war out there. And KK here is recognised as one chewing up people and spitting them out. Live with it.

He chews them, but he doesnt spit it out. He isnt that kind. :nono:

Aussie Skier
05-29-2004, 09:59 AM
hehehe....if only he could put this to good use, rather than on a wrestling forum
:D

The Dub
05-29-2004, 03:52 PM
You comparing Booker T. to Rock, Angle, Jericho, and the like is just as bad as comparing those three names to Booker T. You know these guys don't have a snowball's chance in hell of winning anything, let alone the WWE title. You just came up with the biggest jobbers you can think of to make your point look stronger.