PDA

View Full Version : Hey yo, I got questions

BigDaddyCool
04-25-2017, 12:36 AM
so I just got back from Raw and I am confused... first do only faces win matches any more, or is that a pre-ppv thing? Or is it a pre-throw away ppv thing? Seriously, Payback is a shot ppv right?

Second question, do finishing moves still exist? Like no one important won with a recognizable finishing move. Rhyno won with a spinebuster, Calisto won with a weak ass drop kick to the knees...the only finish move I can rememberwas the twist of fate. There were finishing moves done outside of matches, but it seemed off.

Third question, how does Titus O'Neil, Curt Hawking, that Slater fellow, the bullet club, Apolo Crews, and Calisto all still have jobs? They are all dreadfully boring and clearly not getting over. No one was excited to see them, and they just fill up an already bloated roster.

Fourth and final question, what the fuck is WWE think with these straight to begin bin/dumpster DVD cartoon released of the Undertaker meets Scooby-Doo or Big show vs the Jetsons? Seriously children young enough to be rooting for Roman Reigns, never saw the Flintstone.

Answer these questions, I don't really follow wrestling that much anymore.

Bad News Gertner
04-25-2017, 02:48 AM
Slater is amazing

DAMN iNATOR
04-25-2017, 05:22 AM
I can assure you that finishing moves still do exist. Rhyno still has his Gore, Slater, although he rarely ever uses it, has the Smash Hit, Jeff still uses the Swanton, and Kalisto, who actually isn't utilized as much as he should be (IMHO) has the Salida Del Sol.

JimmyMess
04-25-2017, 09:18 AM
https://media.giphy.com/media/cXQjvcNQxLh9S/giphy.gif

bigpoppapump
04-25-2017, 09:36 AM
For someone who doesn't follow wrestling anymore, that makes perfect sense for you to be at a RAW show....

Unless you just happen to work at the Sprint Center in Kansas City.... selling popcorn, seating people, cleaning shitters, or whatever it is that you may do there

Ol Dirty Dastard
04-25-2017, 10:21 AM
I can assure you that finishing moves still do exist. Rhyno still has his Gore, Slater, although he rarely ever uses it, has the Smash Hit, Jeff still uses the Swanton, and Kalisto, who actually isn't utilized as much as he should be (IMHO) has the Salida Del Sol.

I don't know why. You haven't posted anything wrong. But this post annoys me. But that's on me Damn Inator, that's on me.

slik
04-25-2017, 10:33 AM
so I just got back from Raw and I am confused... first do only faces win matches any more, or is that a pre-ppv thing? Or is it a pre-throw away ppv thing? Seriously, Payback is a shot ppv right?

Second question, do finishing moves still exist? Like no one important won with a recognizable finishing move. Rhyno won with a spinebuster, Calisto won with a weak ass drop kick to the knees...the only finish move I can rememberwas the twist of fate. There were finishing moves done outside of matches, but it seemed off.

Third question, how does Titus O'Neil, Curt Hawking, that Slater fellow, the bullet club, Apolo Crews, and Calisto all still have jobs? They are all dreadfully boring and clearly not getting over. No one was excited to see them, and they just fill up an already bloated roster.

Fourth and final question, what the fuck is WWE think with these straight to begin bin/dumpster DVD cartoon released of the Undertaker meets Scooby-Doo or Big show vs the Jetsons? Seriously children young enough to be rooting for Roman Reigns, never saw the Flintstone.

Answer these questions, I don't really follow wrestling that much anymore.

Nah, heels still win all the time too. They have 16 ppvs a year iirc and yeah, Payback is a "b" show for the "Raw Brand" (SD has a separate roster).

They do -- the only ones I remember seeing last night were Seth Rollins new one, "The Kingslayer Knee". Roman Reigns finisher gets a lot of emphasis (Superman Punch & Spear) but other than Roman and Seth I would say Bray Wyatt, Dean Ambrose and Finn Balor have definitive finishers on the RAW brand (Sister Abigail, Dirty Deeds DDT and Coup De Grace). SD wrestlers might have more clear finishers (Orton w/ RKO, AJ w/ Phenomenal Forearm, Shinsuke w/ running knee, Kevin Owens with Pop-Up PowerBomb, Charlotte w/ Figure Eight Leg Lock).

They only do because WWE wants RAW and SD to have 'full rosters'.

They must be making money because WWE keeps releasing them. Whether kids or watching or the WWE's largest demographic (which is 35 and up, especially 50 and up) are buying them.

Heisenberg
04-25-2017, 01:33 PM
Kansas City wasn't having any of Apollo Crews last night

Cool King
04-25-2017, 03:46 PM
Hawkins is amazing.

BigDaddyCool
04-25-2017, 10:06 PM
For someone who doesn't follow wrestling anymore, that makes perfect sense for you to be at a RAW show....

Unless you just happen to work at the Sprint Center in Kansas City.... selling popcorn, seating people, cleaning shitters, or whatever it is that you may do there

I take my cousin, I am the only in the family that likes and gets wrestling.

BigDaddyCool
04-25-2017, 10:08 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/cXQjvcNQxLh9S/giphy.gif

Sorry I didn't ask questions about things I like and understand. Jackass

Emperor Smeat
04-25-2017, 10:27 PM
With a lot of stuff the WWE does or in general, simplest answer is
http://i.imgur.com/BkStsHS.gif

They used to not like doing roster purges after it got used as a weapon against Linda for her political campaigns but now its probably more out of habit and not wanting other companies to take advantage of any drawing power remaining for people not being used well.

Think with their DVD/film stuff, its mostly because they don't lose as much money as other areas or are just trying to stay relevant in the mainstream with these crossovers.

DAMN iNATOR
04-26-2017, 08:34 AM
I don't know why. You haven't posted anything wrong. But this post annoys me. But that's on me Damn Inator, that's on me.

No. I once again took something seriously that I shouldn't have and answered a clearly rhetorical question. If anyone should bite the bullet here and accept responsibility for my post, it's me.

Sixx
04-26-2017, 09:21 AM
Damn, BDC, you're back with a bang. Your typing is worse than ever. Good job, you tub of lard. <3