PDA

View Full Version : Smackdown Spoilers for 25/5/04

Jonster
05-26-2004, 09:16 AM
From: http://www.1wrestling.com/news/newsline.asp?news=18547

Submitted by 1Wrestling.com reader Kelly Lorch

Hello, I just got home from the Thunder...I mean Smackdown! taping that was at the Bradley Center in Milwaukee. Now I gotta say that this isn't so much a report as much as after thoughts on the program in general. The main event was John Cena vs. Renee Dupree? Granted Cena is one of the top guys on the show, but what is Renee Dupree doing in the top spot of the show? The fact that it was a lumberjack match did help some. It also made me realize how many midcarders Smackdown! has. There was one line that Angle said to Cena that I felt summed up the evening. "Stealing my thunder." Did it EVER feel like I was watching Thunder. For one, the Bradley Center drew a house show size crowd (the entire upper deck was blocked off), the show lacked star power (I don't know what they'd resort to if they didn't get the Dudleys and RVD from Raw), Kurt Angle in a GM role is a joke (he pops out of a jack-in-the box, need I say more?), they're trying to build up guys like Gandalf, I mean Mortaci or whatever he's called (my theory is that the WWE is trying to reach out to a new audience - nerds), the world champ is on for a whole 5 minutes, (3 of those as part of last week's recap segments), and the matches themselves were for the most part lacking. The live show just made things so clear as to why I am losing interest in Smackdown! (Booker T isn't the only one wishing he was at Raw). At least Rico and Charlie Haas are entertaining.

As for the match results I recall:

Orlando Jordan & Funaki def. John Heidenriech and some other guy
FBI def. Kidman & Paul London
Billy Gun def. Sakoda
Dudleys def. Rey Mysterio & RVD
Booker T def. Scotty 2 Hotty

Eddie Guerrero vs. Danny Basham didn't really happen as Kurt called it off

Torrie Wilson & Spike Dudley def. Dawn Marie & Jamie Noble
Chavo Classic def. Akio
John Cena def. Renee Dupree

I know they do have the advantage of editing Smackdown! somewhat before it's aired, but I really don't think that'll help them any.

Only one's I can find :-\

And it really doesn't sound good

The Mackem
05-26-2004, 09:42 AM
What the hell are they doing to Smackdown? :mad:

Azriel
05-26-2004, 10:01 AM
*can hear the sound of a toilet being flushed*

big_bluto
05-26-2004, 10:27 AM
:wtf: How do they do it?

They've managed to put a total of 11 Cruiserweights on the whole card, and it still sounds utter bollocks! :rant:
And to top all that off, Chavo Classic still has the CW title. :mad:
Goldbird>Smackdown writers! :nono:

Bret Hart
05-26-2004, 11:01 AM
WTF? That show seems bad.

Deceit
05-26-2004, 11:51 AM
Ouch, I will definitely NOT be watching SD! this week.

Look at the matches. Cena/Dupree would be the only thing to make me watch SD!. Too bad cable channels don't list what times each matches are coming on ;)

Sephiroth
05-26-2004, 01:00 PM
:nono: So..the downfall of Smackdown has arrived :-\

c4g2
05-26-2004, 01:04 PM
Smackdown has been Smacked down... RIP [/corniness]

Marc the Smark
05-26-2004, 01:05 PM
Ya know what really sucks? Smackdown's coming here in July, and I'm not even that excited about it. I hope it gets better by then.

I guess they really are the "minor leagues." It's a damn shame, too, because there are some great workers on that show. Too bad the writers don't know what the fuck they're doing.

Jonster
05-26-2004, 01:28 PM
Watch Smackdown and Smack Your TV - because it's crap

thuganomicalcrippler
05-26-2004, 02:13 PM
Smackdown is now officially screwed, people.

Loose Cannon
05-26-2004, 02:20 PM
TNA should go up against Smackdown now. They might have a chance.

Sephiroth
05-26-2004, 02:21 PM
TNA should go up against Smackdown now. They might have a chance.

TNA should be Smackdown... :-\

tucsonspeed6
05-26-2004, 02:24 PM
Ok, they come back with Taker, only to have him make appearances at PPV's, they get rid of Heyman for a few weeks, boot a good number of their star talent to Raw, "Fire" Big Show, Lose Lesner, then start writing pure SHIT that you have to carve through with a chainsaw to believe...(I'm betting soon Mordakai will have super powers and he'll "fly" to the ring with the help of cables and wires that the announcers ignore... Tazz: "He's flying! How on earth is he doing that?!!?") So don't bother watching it. If the WWE wants to serve us shit, don't eat it and smile, cause then they'll just serve you seconds.

big_bluto
05-26-2004, 02:26 PM
:rant: :rant: :rant:
I can't believe how utter crap Smackdown is getting.

This has to be the worst looking show I've seen since I started watching.
I think I'd prefer watching a Hardcore Holly v Bradshaw Iron Man Match (shudders) than watch much more of this pi</>ss.

Fu</>cking twathead, writing ar</>seholes!
You're wasting my Saturday Mornings, ya bunch of useless, untalented, fu</>ckwitt, donkey-co</>cks!
:foc: :foc: :foc:

tucsonspeed6
05-26-2004, 02:31 PM
:rant: :rant: :rant:
I can't believe how utter crap Smackdown is getting.

This has to be the worst looking show I've seen since I started watching.
I think I'd prefer watching a Hardcore Holly v Bradshaw Iron Man Match (shudders) than watch much more of this pi</>ss.

Fu</>cking twathead, writing ar</>seholes!
You're wasting my Saturday Mornings, ya bunch of useless, untalented, fu</>ckwitt, donkey-co</>cks!
:foc: :foc: :foc:

:y:

KillerWolf
05-26-2004, 02:56 PM
Ok, they come back with Taker, only to have him make appearances at PPV's, they get rid of Heyman for a few weeks, boot a good number of their star talent to Raw, "Fire" Big Show, Lose Lesner, then start writing pure SHIT that you have to carve through with a chainsaw to believe...(I'm betting soon Mordakai will have super powers and he'll "fly" to the ring with the help of cables and wires that the announcers ignore... Tazz: "He's flying! How on earth is he doing that?!!?") So don't bother watching it. If the WWE wants to serve us shit, don't eat it and smile, cause then they'll just serve you seconds.
:y: beautiful

Gerard
05-26-2004, 03:13 PM
Amazing, smackdown may as well be a glorified sunday night heat now.

The Show Off
05-26-2004, 03:36 PM
It doesn't look to bad to me. However, whomever wrote those results shouldn't have wasted the 10 minutes it took to write them cause those results told me nothing.

The CyNick
05-26-2004, 04:31 PM
Yeah its one thing to throw in your two cents, but geez just give the results and move on.

Its also odd that the webisite would publish those results.

Show seems alright, set up things for the Bash, set up some things for next week. I guess the problem is that the same feuds which haven't done great ratings for Smackdown are continuing.

I like how they are using Rene Dupree. I thought forusre he was going to beat Cena, but it seems like they are trying to build Dupree kinda how they built Cena against Eddie last year. I dont think Cena ever beat Eddie, but he got a rub by feuding with him. Same will likely happene here with Dupree.

Corkscrewed
05-26-2004, 04:57 PM
I don't think those results were all SD! Probably some Velocity in them (cuz Paul London was featured, and you KNOW he ain't on SD! :'(). On the other hand, the Chavo vs Akio match sounds interesting... if you forget that it's Chavo CLASSIC. Dammit, what the heck is he doing still the champ? *sob*

Funky Fly
05-26-2004, 05:59 PM
What the hell are they doing to Smackdown? :mad:
You've summed it up perfectly.

That is shit. Fucking Triple H pulling all the main event talent to Raw. :mad:

RawRocks
05-26-2004, 06:41 PM
Just imagine if they would have kept Triple H at Smackdown after that so-called draft lottery. Smackdown would have been a lot better off and then we would not have to put up with Triple H in every Raw main storyline every week. could deal with a Triple H feud with Booker T, Cena or JBL. But this toilet pissing crap that is going on now is getting worse.

RawRocks
05-26-2004, 06:43 PM
of course I think only way Triple H would have stayed at Smackdown is for Stephanie to have been name SD GM instead of Kurt Angle.

Evil Vito
05-26-2004, 06:49 PM
<font color=goldenrod>I saw the tail-end of the lumberjack match already. Paul London is a lumberjack, so at least he gets on TV.</font> :cool:

LK
05-27-2004, 06:47 AM
Did Mordecai do anything.

OssMan
05-27-2004, 09:32 PM
I am eligible to attend the Great American Bash PPV and I don't want to.

The icon killer
05-27-2004, 09:36 PM
man maybe its a goodthing the baseball game is playing and not smackdown John Heidenriech wan'st he on Raw