PDA

View Full Version : Which wrestlers are in desperate need for a change?

John la Rock
05-26-2004, 05:32 PM
Shawn Michaels

- His face run is becomming far too stale as well as his on going feud with Triple H. I think he needs to turn heel immediately after Bad Blood since he's wrestling full time. I'd love to see the cocky, arrogant, entertaining HBK, who cut amazing promos like he did back in his "Sexy Boy" days. Right now he is extremely boring and hard to watch. Also his promos suck. I would love to see him feud with Jericho again or even against up and comers like Shelton.

Hurricane

- He's still a freaking super-hero? He should have changed gimmicks like 2 years ago. I think that Shane Helms would be a great fit in Evolution as a heel. He can dress up nice in armani suits when he comes out with the group and should wear normal wrestling tights in the ring. Also I wouldn't mind him coming out with a valet I change would definetly freshen him up

John Cena

- As a heel he was awesome. He's promos and freestyles were off the charts and the crowd loved him. Now he is one of the fan favorites on Smackdown and the United States Champion. Although he is now as over as ever, I feel that he needs to change a little. I know someone posted something on Cena needing a change a couple of days ago, so I'm not going to go to far. I think he should cut it out with the stupid dances at the entrance way, start cutting real promos instead of rhyming all the time (I used to enjoy the freestyling but it's getting stale), and I think he needs a new finisher cause the FU is just shit

That's all for now. thoughts? what other wrestlers do you think are in desperate need of a change?

big_bluto
05-26-2004, 05:42 PM
R V D
:y:

OssMan
05-26-2004, 05:54 PM
Rosie. He has been the S.H.I.T for over a year, and WWE hasn't done anything with him, and him and Hurricane are a tag team that can work together. They should go after the tag titles, because they are one of the best tag teams in the company.

Shadowspell
05-26-2004, 05:54 PM
.::Steven Richards::.
It seems like every week I feel worse and worse for this guy...either give him something worthwhile or even ressurect Right to Censor...just throw the guy a bone...

.::The Hurricane::.
Let's keep the gimmick, but push him enough to where he used to be.
His promo work with The Rock used to be hillarious.
Maybe Rosey can complete his training, and become a Super-Villan.
A feud between them could be entertaining, and could possibly get Hurricane over...

.::Charlie Hass::.
This guy is very 'vanilla'... He's teamed with Rico and still has no charisma whatsoever...

Innovator
05-26-2004, 07:04 PM
R V D
:y:
you damn right

Stickman
05-26-2004, 07:07 PM
KANE

Kamchadal.
05-26-2004, 07:59 PM
Batista

RVD

Ferocious
05-26-2004, 08:16 PM
Hurricane

This character has been very entertaining. I don't think theres any denying that, In my opinion the character will continue to be to be just that. Entertaining. However I'd much rather see an updated version of the very talented Shane Helms' old WCW gimmick 'Sugar' Shane. Shane Helms himself deserves a massive push for possibly the IC title, But realistically with the Hurricane gimmick this is never going to happen. So 'stay in the back' theres a gimmick change coming through.

Edge

I think Edge as an uber face has been unsucessful since his return. His best work by far was as the sneeky, two faced, yet very funny Edge we saw in E & C's heel run. I think Edge works much better as a cocky, brash heel than he does as a face. To me he just seems more at home playing that role.

How can this be done?, I hear you cry. Easy. Benoit vs Kane in the world heavyweight title match at Bad Blood. Benoit is the top face on Raw. Edge comes out during the match to 'help' Benoit. He takes a chair....He Holds it up to Kane.......He turns around........He looks Benoit in the eye.......He trash talks for a second........He flattens Benoit with the chair.

Classic heel turn.

John Cena

See the post SirLoinSteak made in another thread, he hit the nail on the head with that one.

El Santo
05-26-2004, 08:49 PM
Bashams - They've been lost without Shaniqua to tow them around

Scotty 2 Hotty/Rikishi - Honestly, they weren't credible tag champs, and their gimmick is old. Rikishi should turn heel ... and not just because he did it for the Rock.

Victoria - I like her, but she seems rather aimless lately. I didn't see her dance, but I heard it was corny as hell.

And am I the only one to think that dumping the superhero gimmick might actually bury Shane Helms? I think it would be akin to Golddust showing up without his make-up: suddenly, nobody cares about the guy. I admit that the character could use a freshening up: turning Rosey into a supervillain sounds like a good idea. Or (heh heh) have him appear on Smackdown as a nemesis to Kurt "Lex Luthor" Angle.

The CyNick
05-26-2004, 09:25 PM
Hurricane -- he should be on SD, he could even keep his gimmick, but he needs the CW title to fight for, and the division would be better with him in it. And RAW wouldn't miss him one bit (well Rosey would, but thats the price you pay for being S.H.I.T.)

HBK -- I think he'd be tough to turn heel, but if they did want to turn him please put him on SD. Eddie vs HBK would be amazing, and give Eddie a nice long feud that he really needs at this point.

Victoria -- she needs to go back to being crazy, thats what got her over, not some wierd dancing.

Cena -- He's in a very tough position, maybe the toughest position to be in. He's arguably the most over guy in the comapny right now (at least in the top 3) so they is a tendancy to think "dont change anything because its working". But he is in danger of becoming not necessarily a comedy guy, but a parody of himself, and if that happens nobody will take him seriously as a main eventer. I think this feud with Dupree is helping a little, but he needs to be ina couple fo feuds that are ulta serious so he can get away form the cookie cutter promos he does. I wouldn't turn him heel, but he definately needs a harder edge if he's going to make it to the top.

Edge -- I think he could use a heel turn. I think he'd be better off as a loner who just attacks everyone and does his own thing.

Xero
05-26-2004, 09:39 PM
Edge - I like Ferocious' idea, but there is the problem of the tag titles still on Benoit and Edge... I say, before Bad Blood, have Edge "screw up" by spearing Benoit during a match and causing them to lose... Then he screws Benoit at Bad Blood, so it wasnt a mistake... Then, prehaps even have him, Kane, Matt, and Lita start up a Minstry of sorts...

Hurricane - I say keep the Hurricane gimmick, and start up a "Justice League" with Rosey and a few other "Do gooders"... Then they can go up aginst Evolution and seem like a threat, if played out right with the right people... Or just have Rosey turn heel as a Super Villian... Or, even better, have Hurricane turn on Rosey (HUGE swerve) and create an anti-justice leauge, while Rosey creates a good justice leauge...

RVD - He's a mega face right now... If they were to go through with this and turn heel, he should have atleast a short feud with Eddie for the title to make him seem more credible... But with the rumored ECW faction coming sooner or later, that could give him the chance to shine, and if Vince is serious about this, they should put titles on the ECW faction, and RVD better get atleast the US title...

Cena - As I have said in a few other threads, him dropping the freestyling all together is NOT going to happen for a while, due to his album coming out... But somthing needs to be changed...

Dudley Boyz - They dont work well as singles wrestlers, as we saw after the inital split... However, I say keep them a team and bring back the tables and the extreme attitude, which is coming back now...

diamondcutter
05-26-2004, 09:48 PM
Hurricane--needs to become "Sugar" Shane again, and be sent to SD! with the other cruiserweights.

Randy Orton--I just don't like his finisher.

jindrak
05-26-2004, 11:55 PM
Hurricane-
Go back to the "Sugar" Shane Helms, and get a hot valet. The guy was over and had good mic skills during the waning days of WCW, and when he held the cruiserweight title, he did give it credibility and was over as a result. Him holding the WCW cruiserweight title worked two fold. His current gimmick is nothing more than a farce, and he can't honestly imagine himself becomign anything more than a lower mid carder with this gimmick. However, I would keep the Hurricane name, and he could come to the ring as "Hurricane Helms".

Edge-
The guy is boring as a face, and him turning on Benoit would be the tradition heel turn.

Cena-
Heel turn. This guy is losing street cred fast, and needs go back to the attitude he had when he was challenging Brock for the title at a PPV (i forgot the name). He should follow what happened to Rock's character. Rock was a cool heel, and as a result of losing the IC title at Summerslam to HHH, he was free to move up the card. Since he was a cool heel, he started getting cheers, and by Survivor Series of that year he was where Cena is at now, but he was more of a tweener. Anyways, although he was tweener at SurSer, he became a heel that night, and a even bigger heel than he previosuly was when he was in The Nation. Long story short, he was heel and again turned face, and once he turned face he carried the then Austin-less WWF. Same scenerio could apply to Cena.

Nowhere Man
05-27-2004, 12:34 AM
Benoit- like Benoit's gimmick, like the fact that he's the Champion, but he's in need of changing his position on the card. THE WORLD CHAMPION IS SUPPOSED TO BE THE FOCUS OF THE SHOW. He shouldn't be the Tag Team Champ, because A)It's an excuse to put him in lower card matches where he defends the Tag straps instead of being in the main events, B)If he's constantly the "face-in-peril" when pitted against Randy Orton and Batista, who the hell is going to buy him standing a chance against Triple H? And C)Him still having the Tag Belt going into SummerSlam will just be a cheap way to kick him out of the World Title scene but still "give him his credit" as a champion.

Oh, and his latest World Title feud is almost as slapped together as the SD tag division. We're three weeks away from Benoit/Kane, and the two guys haven't even had so much as a staredown or promo together. Meanwhile, Hunter and Michaels' never ending feud takes up half of the show. Let me say that again. Two guys who people are sick to death of seeing fight for the forty billionth time are getting another PPV main event, while the two guys fighting to become the WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT F</>UCKING CHAMPION are getting shunted into a nothing feud with no buildup whatsoever.

I know it's not the "Gimmick Makeover" sort of thing this thread was asking for, but I wanted something poignant and fun to write for my 2999th post.

beatzNrhymez
05-27-2004, 01:54 AM
Hurricane - please turn this guy into Sugar Shane Helms like others mentioned before me. He was the main reason i would watch Nitro in it's dying days

Ric Flair - the greatest wrestler of all time(IMO) doesn't need to be playing third string. have Randy Orton finally turn on him to try to further the legend killer gimmick but actually have Flair win at a ppv over Randy and then reform the 4 Horsemen with Benoit,Malenko(brought outta retirement) and maybe someone like A-Train(yeah i know he sucks but he's the only person i could think of to match clumsy Batista lol)

Chris Jericho - just send him to Smackdown because he'll never get anywhere on Raw and that's a damn shame