PDA

View Full Version : Beyond the Network

Destor
06-06-2017, 08:25 PM
Post what you are watching thats NOT on the WWE Network

Bad News Gertner
06-10-2017, 02:29 AM
On the Gertner Network I'm watching a WWF MSG card from January 1987 with thr main event of Hulk Hogan defending his title against Kamala

On the Gertner Network I watched a WWF September 1986 Philly Spectrum show.

Bad News Gertner
06-10-2017, 12:27 PM
Gonna watch the December 26th 1983 WWF MSG show tonight featuring the Iron Shiek vs Bob Backlund for the WWF title on the Gertner Network tonight

Bad News Gertner
06-11-2017, 09:21 AM
Salvatore Bellomo is one of my guilty pleasures.

Gertner Network Update: 4 new shows added. 1 from the Boston Garden, 1 from MSG (1980 Bruno vs Larry rematch), 1 from the Spectrum and 1 from Maple Leaf Gardens

Bad News Gertner
06-17-2017, 09:35 PM
Gonna watch October 1983 MSG show featuring Snuka vs Muraco Cage Match and Bob Backlund vs Masked Superstar for the WWF Championship on the Gertner Network

Fignuts
06-18-2017, 03:59 AM
If Gertner is posting from his collection, I'm gonna post my njpw world finds. And maybe stuff from my puro collection.

Watching Tiger Jeet Singh vs Inoki from 1974. Singh is so fucking amazing. Genuinely terrifying individual.

drave
06-18-2017, 10:44 AM
If Gertner is posting from his collection, I'm gonna post my njpw world finds. And maybe stuff from my puro collection.

Watching Tiger Jeet Singh vs Inoki from 1974. Singh is so fucking amazing. Genuinely terrifying individual.

Link?

Bad News Gertner
06-18-2017, 11:43 AM
Had a bit of time to kill so I watched a December 1983 WWF Championship Wrestling show featuring Bob Backlund attempting the Iron Shiek's Persian Club Challenge and subsequently getting attacked during the attempt to set up their MSG match later in the month on.

Bad News Gertner
06-18-2017, 11:49 AM
Gonna watch a January 17th, 1984 Philly Spectrum show tonight on the Gertner Network featuring the Iron Shiek defending the WWF Title against Tito Santana. Shiek was supposed to face Tito anyways, so he ended up getting the title shot while Bob Backlund vs Masked Superstar ended up being a regular match.

Destor
06-18-2017, 11:55 AM
Well if gertie and figs are gonna go rogue i will too. Im watchijg episode 106 of Las Chicas Del Cable

Fignuts
06-18-2017, 05:25 PM
Should just change the thread to include anything.

Fignuts
06-18-2017, 05:27 PM
Link?

They fought a bunch of times in the early 70's. You can type any year between 73 and 76 in the search to bring them up.

Fignuts
06-18-2017, 05:29 PM
They have a bunch of Inokis matches with Andre from that era as well. Andre was so athletic back then.

Bad News Gertner
06-18-2017, 09:26 PM

Yeah that's my bad. I sorta hijacked the thread. Since I'm a terrorist according to owenbrown, I felt I should start living up to the moniker

Fignuts
06-18-2017, 09:40 PM
Yeah that's my bad. I sorta hijacked the thread. Since I'm a terrorist according to owenbrown, I felt I should start living up to the moniker

I think its a good thing. No real reason to limit this to what's on the network

Bad News Gertner
06-18-2017, 10:22 PM
Watched a documentary on Sweet Daddy Siki: The first black man to challenge for a World Title.

It was fucking incredible to hear the stories from Sweet Daddy who is alive and well.

Bad News Gertner
06-18-2017, 10:24 PM
Got tomorrow off from work so I might watch the Showdown at the Shea from 1980 featuring Larry Zbyszko vs Bruno Sammartino in a cage. It's the WWF on Demand version with Michael Cole and Nick Foley on commentary. They were hilarious and seemed to be having fun.

Lock Jaw
06-18-2017, 10:59 PM
Watched a documentary on Sweet Daddy Siki: The first black man to challenge for a World Title.

It was fucking incredible to hear the stories from Sweet Daddy who is alive and well.

Saw a commercial for that the other day..... but did not watch......

Bad News Gertner
06-19-2017, 06:41 PM
Just got the October 1979 MSG show where Vince interviews Andy Kaufman. Pretty cool. On the other hand, the main event is Bob Backlund vs Swede Hanson. Yeeeesh!

drave
06-19-2017, 07:17 PM
Most of the fucking locker room should study the Kaufman tapes on how to get over.

drave
06-19-2017, 07:17 PM
He even turned Lawler into a mark :D

Fignuts
06-24-2017, 12:15 AM
NJPW September 23 1981 Andre vs Stan Hansen
God damn what a fight. If you have nj world, go watch this shit. Such good chemistry between these two.

Destor
06-24-2017, 12:17 AM
I wish their app was on more viable outlets

Fignuts
06-24-2017, 12:22 AM
They tried to get on ps4, but sony didn't want japanese apps on american consoles

Fignuts
06-24-2017, 12:23 AM
Phonne or tablet to tv through chromecast supposedly works well.

Destor
06-24-2017, 12:29 AM
Hopimg for fire stick release at some point

Fignuts
06-24-2017, 12:53 AM
10/8/1981 Inoki vs Rusher Kimura

Inoki and Kimura came up together in jwa, but rusher went to IWA when inoki formed njpw. Now Rusher and a few other IWA guys are invading, and god damn the heat in this match is crazy. Crowd going nuts while both guys lay STIFF shots in to each other.

Fignuts
06-24-2017, 12:54 AM
Can always trust invasion or interpromotonal matches in japan to have crazy heat.

Bad News Gertner
06-24-2017, 01:55 AM
Yeah I blew through it pretty quick. They actually added a ton of Old MSG shows to the Network. It's pretty much the shows from Classics on Demand which I have. At least they are doing something. I really wish they'd release stuff not in circulation

Bad News Gertner
06-27-2017, 10:50 AM
Watching WWF Championship Wrestling from September 21, 1981

Fignuts
06-28-2017, 01:25 AM
Bought a chromecast just so I can watch nj world on my television. Works like a dream. Excellent video quality.

Fignuts
06-28-2017, 01:26 AM
Hopimg for fire stick release at some point

New Japan just announced that world is now an app on amazon fire.

Destor
06-28-2017, 08:25 AM
Now now or coming soon now?

Bad News Gertner
06-28-2017, 11:47 AM
Fuck. The WWE just took down the other account that I get old footage from. Not good. Gonna make things alot more difficult.

Fignuts
06-28-2017, 12:31 PM
Now now or coming soon now?

NOW now

Destor
06-28-2017, 12:40 PM
:o

Destor
06-28-2017, 12:41 PM
This is amazing

DAMN iNATOR
06-28-2017, 02:26 PM
Fuck. The WWE just took down the other account that I get old footage from. Not good. Gonna make things alot more difficult.

:(

Bad News Gertner
06-28-2017, 04:16 PM
Shared this with Fignuts, but here's a shit ton of Japanesse wrestling

https://drive.google.com/drive/mobile/folders/0B5rK95X3mRiiSDNvTnQ0aUhWODg?usp=drive_web

Fignuts
06-29-2017, 04:39 AM
Nj world

Tiger Mask vs Kuniaki Kobashi 1983

God, Everthing Tiger Mask does is like lightning

Fignuts
07-04-2017, 04:17 AM
Tenryu vs Kensuke IWGP title Jan 2000 Tokyo Dome

Literally just punching each other in face really really hard. Shocked Tenryu isnt legit knocked out.

Also, same show had 5 minute iwgp jr title match, where liger kicked the shit out of kanemoto. Total squash. Wonder what the story was there.

Fignuts
07-04-2017, 04:23 AM
Kensukes whole run atnthe top in 2000 is just a lot of fun.

Fignuts
07-05-2017, 04:32 AM
Kensuke Sasaki vs Atsushi Onita 1999 Tokyo Dome

Match starts with Onita breaking a chair over kensukes head. Kensuke just stares at him and then lariats Onitas head clean off.

Kensukes whole run at the top in 2000 is just a lot of fun.

Fignuts
07-05-2017, 04:34 AM
lol Onita DQ'd for throwing a fireball at kensuke. The chairs and pileedriver through the table were totally okay though.

Fignuts
07-05-2017, 04:37 AM
Crowd throwing shit at Onita now. What a great heel.

Fignuts
07-05-2017, 04:50 AM
Tencozy vs Tenryu and Shiro Koshinaka now. Same show.

Never liked Shiro. Basing your entire offense around throwing your butt at people seems more akin to a comedy act than aserious upper midcarder. Absolutely love everyone else involved though. This should be good.

Kojimas haircut is stupid.

Jesus Tenryus backdrops

Kind of want to go back and check out Tenryus WWE run, but I don't remember him doing anything of signifigance. Maybe Gertner knows of some hidden gems.

Tenryus enziguri looks so good.

lol tenryu with the rko outta nowhere.

Calf branding is a cool move. Someone in wwe needs to steal it.

Hip attack countered straight into a german. Love you tenzan.

Fun match. 4 roughnecks just knocking eachother around.

Fignuts
07-05-2017, 05:01 AM
So I'm watching every match on njpw world from 1999 onward and will comment on them here. Doubt many people will give a shit, or even read it, but fuck it. I like talking about it, even if its to myself. Haven't been this into pro wrestling i a very long time.

So I guess this is my mega thread now.

Mr. Nerfect
07-05-2017, 05:03 AM
I'll check them out. It's good to hear someone invigorated. It's weird to think there's a whole different world of pro-wrestling out there.

Fignuts
07-05-2017, 05:45 AM
MAIN EVENT TIME

Keiji Mutoh vs Scott FUCKING Norton IWGP title

NWO still a thing in japan at this point, andbthey've evolved into a face group. Norton is in the group but earned a shot against mutoh, who is the leader.

Like that Norton is trying to match mutoh on the mat, rather than doing the generic beginning of match big guy routine.

Mutoh WORKING that leg. Norton selling like the vet he is. Better worker than all the big nwo names.

Fuck yeah norton power bomb.

God, still hard to watch mutohs moonsault knowing what it did to his knees, as well as having had knee issues myself. He does a low flying high velocity moonsault that looks cool, but smashes his knees into the mat.

Mutoh gets the W witn the fourth figure 4 and like a dozen dragon screw leg whips. He may have won the title, but hes no Scott Norton. Then again, who is?

Good match. Played to both their strengths. Probably one of the best matches in Nortons career.

Fignuts
07-05-2017, 05:53 AM
Thats it for today. Tomorrow I'll start watching the Feb 99' 2 day fighting spirit show. An eventnthey used to have annually, but I dont think they do it anymore.

Liger and Gran Hamada vs Dr Wagner and Kendo Kashin! More Scott Norton! NWO's Fake Sting!

Mr. Nerfect
07-05-2017, 11:34 AM
How was Jeff Farmer in Japan as a worker? Serious question. I kind of feel sorry for him, because once he was Fake Sting, he kind of got black-balled from certain promotions, didn't he?

Looking him up, he only retired from wrestling in 2005. He was still making a pretty penny off the nWo Sting gimmick. He now heads research product into genetics and fitness, and his brother is a philanthropic physician who spends most of his time working out ways to provide health care to underprivileged citizens of the world. What a pair of jam-up guys.

Fignuts
07-07-2017, 04:30 AM
Feb 1999

Shinjiro Ohtani, Tatsuhito Takaiwa, Koji Kanemoto vs Michiyoshi Ohara, Tatsutoshi Goto, Kuniyaki Kobayashi

Young cocky assholes vs Veteran midcarders

Young guys heeling it up.

Ohara slapoed the shit out of takaiwa

Ohtanis normal facial expression is "smug bastard"

lol kobayashimwith the sean stasiak bit

Have never been into Goto or Ohara. Solid workers but the very definition of mundane.

Spike piledriver on the concrete. Nice.

Takaiwas double powerbomb into DVD is rad as fuck. Dunno if he has the strength to hit ohara or goto with it. MAYBE Kobayashi.

Ohara gets the win with the powerbomb. Nice finishing stretch.

Fignuts
07-07-2017, 05:01 AM
Liger and Gran Hamada vs Dr Wagner and Kendo Kashin

Kashin is either really good or boring as fuck, depending on if he gives a shit. The other three are all time greats.

Hamada pretty old at this point tho.

Sweet starting out with liger and wagner.

Hamada and kashin with some good exchanges. Fears may be misplaced.

I think the ref is taller than hamada

Dr wagner with a HUGE tiger bomb.

Wagner pins liger with a michinoku driver. Booking 101 says that means liger will win the singles match.

Solid tag match. Nothing psrticularly amazing.

Fignuts
07-07-2017, 05:12 AM
Osamu Kido vs Kengo Kimura

This is Kidos 30th anniversary match. Both were good hands in the 80s and 90s.

Crowd super into Kido.

Some good old school njpw mat wrestling. Kido was one of my favorites when I first got into japanese wrestling.

Well that was quick. Kind of anti climactic.

Fignuts
07-07-2017, 05:32 AM
Brian Johnston snd Kazuo Yamazaki vs Don Frye and Dave Benetu

New Japan started to pick up on the mma surge in japan at this point. This is where things start to go downhill for them.

Kazuo is good, and Frye has experience as a pro wrestler. Expecting a shit show from the other two.

Oh god starting with Beneteau and johnston. Awful.

Frye is in. Hes decent at least.

These mma guys dont even know what rope break is.

If I wanted mma I would just watch mma.

Guy just potatoed frye

This is soooooo bad

Thank fuckmthats over. Shit ending too.

Fignuts
07-07-2017, 05:47 AM
Tadao Yasuda and Junji Hirata vs Scott Norton and NWO Sting

Junji is Super Strong Machine unmasked. Hes an okay worker. Yasuda is the drizzling shits and only ever held the belt because of his mma experience.

Ahaha Norton just randomly flipping off Yasuda

Crowd wooing for sting

Eh. Nothing match with basic offense. Norton is fun ss usual though.

Mr. Nerfect
07-07-2017, 06:28 AM
I remember the powerbombs into the DVD from one of the WWE video games and I remember thinking "Who on earth does that move?" They must have gotten it from Takaiwa.

Bad News Gertner
07-07-2017, 09:02 AM
Don Frye could have been a mega star if he just focused on wrestling. He was a natural

Mr. Nerfect
07-07-2017, 05:39 PM
I honestly had never heard of Don Frye until now. He looks like Tom Selleck.

Mr. Nerfect
07-07-2017, 05:40 PM
The dude wrestled as recently as 2013. What a machine.

Ol Dirty Dastard
07-10-2017, 03:57 PM
Noid look up his shoot fight with Yoshihiro Akiyama in PRIDE it is fucking insane.

A.J.K
07-10-2017, 04:34 PM
i would like some suggestions as far the 80's and 90's ppvs and shows on the network.

Fignuts
07-10-2017, 05:56 PM
Noid look up his shoot fight with Yoshihiro Akiyama in PRIDE it is fucking insane.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FtZcy2ay1ac

Fignuts
07-11-2017, 04:26 AM
Still on the 1999 Fighting Spirit event

Kensuke Sasaki and Tatsumi Fujinami vs Genichiro Tenryu and Shiro Koshinaka

Shiro immediately throws his butt at Fujinami. Fujinami immediately dragon screws shiros leg the fuck off. Thanks Tats.

Kensuke calls out Tenryu and they have a good ol chop battle.

I really dont like shiro. Hes not even big. Hes a former cruiserweight. So butt attacks dont even make sense.

Ahahaha kensuke slapped the shit out of tenryu.

And its over. Not much to that match other than kensuke looking like a monster, which was his M.O. during this period.

Fignuts
07-11-2017, 05:00 AM
Handicap match

Masahiro Chono vs Keiji Mutoh and Hiro Saito

This is weird. I said before that the Japanese NWO evolved into a face group. Well that happened while Chono was out with injury, but now hes back, and hes not happy with the groups change of direction.

So hes the heel here but hes the odd man in a handicap match. Would love to know the set up for this match.

Early Kenka kick to sato followed by spitting on mutoh. Crowd eating it up though. They really missed chono.

Mutoh and sato double teaming chono and Akira comes out of nowhere to help chono.

Mutoh busted wide open. Frye and Fake Sting ringside arguing with the ref. I guess theyre not allowed to interfere? They finally pull mutoh out and carry him to the back.

lol they just left sato to get his ass kicked.

I guess the match is still going, but now its a handicap match against sato.

Chono with the stf, but mutoh bandaged and bloody runs out to make the save.

Ref calls it as he has lost all semblance of control, but the heels stand tall anyway.

The heels are chono and akira in case you're having trouble keeping track. This was the start of chono's new faction which would feud with the nwo til next year.

Despite the weird face heel dynamic at the start this was good. Lots of drama, and a great lead in to the coming war between chono and mutoh.

Fignuts
07-11-2017, 05:35 AM
Main event for day 1
IWGP Tag Titles

Tencozy (c) vs Yuji Nagata and Manabu Nakanishi

Both really good teams

Manabu manhandling kojima at the start.

Nagata kicking the shit out of tenzan

Manabu has glorious 70s hair

Nakanishi and Nagata keep regaining control. Working Tenzans leg like fiends

Nagatas modified figure 4 is so cool

Manabu being booked really strong here. Fucking torture rack into a back breaker. That was sick.

Koji cutters outta nowhere!

Nagata kicking out of big moves.

Nagata with a crucifix pin into a crossface

Nagata STILL kicking out of big moves

Great match. All 4 guys are typically fun to watch. They delivered here as well.

Thats it for day 1. Will start day 2 next, which includes Liger vs Dr Wagner and more nwo vs team 2000

RP
07-11-2017, 05:36 AM
Fignuts,.

Is this shit you linking on Wwenetwork.com???????

RP
07-11-2017, 05:39 AM
Seriously i gotta close this thread cause of you man??

Fignuts
07-11-2017, 05:46 AM
Nah. New Japan World.

Shit says network and beyond brah

RP
07-11-2017, 06:14 AM
Nah. New Japan World.

Shit says network and beyond brah

i'm sorry. That must have been edited. I get a ton of things edited in this forum. I never meant for NJP to be here. I swear. But whatever man. Go for it. I'm into NJP too. Just post links i dont have to pay for if you can.

RP
07-11-2017, 06:17 AM
It was edited by Destor and honeslty i love him but thats not cool. I pay for WWENetwork and that is it. So i want my thread that i created to be about that. Not trying to make hard feelings but to edit my thread otherwise is kinda crap if you ask me. That's why i'm like wtf Fignuts right now.

RP
07-11-2017, 06:19 AM
I do want to see you stuff Fignuts. I just dont like it where i cant see it. I'm not subscribed to what you're viewing. Thats why i made this a WWe network thread.

RP
07-11-2017, 06:22 AM
I never changed my thread to WWe Network and beyond. It was just WWE Network. The mods changed it. I'm sorry. That's what happened.

Ol Dirty Dastard
07-11-2017, 07:23 AM
Rp shut the fuck up

drave
07-11-2017, 07:28 AM
Tencozy vs Tenryu and Shiro Koshinaka now. Same show.

Never liked Shiro. Basing your entire offense around throwing your butt at people seems more akin to a comedy act than aserious upper midcarder. Absolutely love everyone else involved though. This should be good.

Kojimas haircut is stupid.

Jesus Tenryus backdrops

Kind of want to go back and check out Tenryus WWE run, but I don't remember him doing anything of signifigance. Maybe Gertner knows of some hidden gems.

Tenryus enziguri looks so good.

lol tenryu with the rko outta nowhere.

Calf branding is a cool move. Someone in wwe needs to steal it.

Hip attack countered straight into a german. Love you tenzan.

Fun match. 4 roughnecks just knocking eachother around.

Is Kojima's finisher "Tears of Konami"? :shifty:

RP
07-11-2017, 07:31 AM
Rp shut the fuck up

Ok Jew. Show us a picture of your jew ass flexing.

Fignuts
07-11-2017, 01:30 PM
Sorry man. Didn't know about all that.

Got a few messages from people who are enjoying my play by plays though. How about I put the nj world stuff in spoiler tags? That way you'll know you can just skip it, and it won't clutter the page.

Destor
07-11-2017, 01:34 PM
I was harrased until I made the edit. DEMOCRACY IS A BITCH. I did it under protest though.

Destor
07-11-2017, 01:35 PM
I blame Figgy and Gertner though

Destor
07-11-2017, 01:39 PM
On the Gertner Network I'm watching a WWF MSG card from January 1987 with thr main event of Hulk Hogan defending his title against Kamala

Gonna watch the December 26th 1983 WWF MSG show tonight featuring the Iron Shiek vs Bob Backlund for the WWF title on the Gertner Network tonight

Gertner Network Update: 4 new shows added. 1 from the Boston Garden, 1 from MSG (1980 Bruno vs Larry rematch), 1 from the Spectrum and 1 from Maple Leaf Gardens

Gonna watch October 1983 MSG show featuring Snuka vs Muraco Cage Match and Bob Backlund vs Masked Superstar for the WWF Championship on the Gertner Network

Had a bit of time to kill so I watched a December 1983 WWF Championship Wrestling show featuring Bob Backlund attempting the Iron Shiek's Persian Club Challenge and subsequently getting attacked during the attempt to set up their MSG match later in the month on.

Gonna watch a January 17th, 1984 Philly Spectrum show tonight on the Gertner Network featuring the Iron Shiek defending the WWF Title against Tito Santana. Shiek was supposed to face Tito anyways, so he ended up getting the title shot while Bob Backlund vs Masked Superstar ended up being a regular match.

Well if gertie and figs are gonna go rogue i will too. Im watchijg episode 106 of Las Chicas Del Cable

I think its a good thing. No real reason to limit this to what's on the networkClearly They bullied me

Destor
07-11-2017, 01:39 PM
Just look how mean they were :(

Bad News Gertner
07-11-2017, 02:15 PM
We're monsters

Destor
07-11-2017, 02:30 PM
There we go. He can stop being a bitch about this now

EzekielKane
07-11-2017, 03:38 PM
Beyond the WWE network lies the VTW

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ifath5WTz1E" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

Destor
07-11-2017, 03:38 PM
Fair enough

Fignuts
07-11-2017, 03:40 PM
Oh god destor, what did you fucking do?

Destor
07-11-2017, 03:42 PM
Well...he has a point

Fignuts
07-11-2017, 03:48 PM
What has science done?

Ol Dirty Dastard
07-11-2017, 09:17 PM
Ok Jew. Show us a picture of your jew ass flexing.

Typical low quality posting from RP. Easily top 5 shittiest posters on the forum.

Ol Dirty Dastard
07-11-2017, 09:18 PM
though you probably want pics of my Jew ass flexing, given your propensity for assaulting the forum with pics of naked men.

RP
07-11-2017, 09:21 PM
Eat my shit you fat jew.

Ol Dirty Dastard
07-11-2017, 09:26 PM
hahahahaha oh man you're such a pussy, Love it.

Ol Dirty Dastard
07-11-2017, 09:27 PM
Have another drink RP.

RP
07-11-2017, 09:50 PM
How many TPWW'ers have you challenged to a fight IRL? I feel like the number is up to 5 or 6 now. You're not comfortable with yourself so you have to come here and bully others. That's your entire TPWW posting career.

Destor
07-11-2017, 09:59 PM
Oh hey look im RP. Dont hijack my threads guys. I will quit forever and maybe cut myself.

*hijacks apology thread*

Destor
07-11-2017, 09:59 PM
BREAKING MY HEART PERTRUDER

RP
07-11-2017, 10:10 PM
I will cut myself and bleed in your moms cunt and then toss her a tampon when i leave.

Destor
07-11-2017, 11:27 PM
That is either worst or best insult i have ever heard amd im not sure which

Mr. Nerfect
07-12-2017, 04:13 AM
That's my mother's usual lubrication routine.

Mr. Nerfect
07-12-2017, 04:14 AM
I've decided to watch Mitsuharu Misawa vs. Kenta Kobashi from March 3, 2003.

Evil Vito
07-12-2017, 11:10 AM
I will cut myself and bleed in your moms cunt and then toss her a tampon when i leave.

:lol:

Fignuts
07-12-2017, 12:04 PM
I've decided to watch Mitsuharu Misawa vs. Kenta Kobashi from March 3, 2003.

That was actually the first match I had ever seen from those two. Its good.

Destor
07-12-2017, 12:45 PM
Figgy reccomend me some NJPW World content

thecc
07-12-2017, 01:21 PM
PWG- Game over man

"Adam Cole, for obvious reasons isn't going with his birth name. Which is fat piece of shit."

Fignuts
07-12-2017, 01:30 PM
Off the top of my head

Andre vs Hansen Sept 81'

Chono vs Mutoh 91' G1 Climax

Yuji Nagata vs Kensuke Sasaki Jan 04'

Tenryu vs Mutoh may 99'

Hansen vs Vader feb 90' and June 90'

Muta vs Hase sept 90'

Mutoh and Chono vs Hase and Sasaki nov 90'

Sasaki and Hase vs the steiners march 91'

Ol Dirty Dastard
07-12-2017, 04:01 PM
How many TPWW'ers have you challenged to a fight IRL? I feel like the number is up to 5 or 6 now. You're not comfortable with yourself so you have to come here and bully others. That's your entire TPWW posting career.

I think i said id smack you irl for being anti semetic. Dont know if that is challenging anyone to a fight. My rule for anti semitism is i tell people id stab them. I see nothing wrong with this.

Your histrionics are hilarious. You are a crude, miserable drunk who likes to be rude but cant take it when he gets anything back

You are also built like a piggy bank.

Ol Dirty Dastard
07-12-2017, 04:05 PM
Also, whats it like knowing you will die drunk and alone?

Fignuts
07-13-2017, 01:22 AM
Day 2 of Fighting Spirit 99

Kanemoto vs Kendo Kashin

Cool back and forth snap mares spot

I watched this yesterday and I don't remember who won

So...that should tell you how amazing this was.

Fignuts
07-13-2017, 01:27 AM
Gonna keep it short, if they're not really worth checking out.

SlickyTrickyDamon
07-13-2017, 01:28 AM
Watched the GLOW Documentary. A lot of Ivory in it.

Fignuts
07-13-2017, 02:07 AM
Takashi Izuka and Osamu Kido vs Tatsutoshi Goto and Kengo Kimura

Iizuka is just a baby here. Crowd still going nuts for kido.

Rarely hear japanese crowds boo like they do when there is any offense against Kido.

Kengo and Goto heeling it up while isolating Iizuka.

Kido with the hot tag

Iizukas exploder suplex is nice.

Iizuka gets the win with the blizzard suplex. Nice to see a proper send off to Kido, and cool to see young Iizuka get a win.

Decent little match. More entertaining for the crowd than anything else.

Fignuts
07-13-2017, 02:46 AM
EL Samurai and Gran Hamada vs Shinjiro Ohtani and Tatsuhito Takaiwa

lol Sam wagging his finger at Hamada, telling him not to trust Ohtanis handshake.

Ohtani rubbing his wrist tape on Hamadas eyes and yanking the side of his mouth.

Oh shit early brainbuster on El Samurai

Ohtani is honestly one of the best heels njpw ever produced.

Takaiwa powers through a missle drop kick and then counters a hurricanrana into the double powerbomb dvd, but Sam counters the dvd into a reverse ddt. Nice sequence.

Sam counters the powerbomb again, this time into a tornado ddt

Great finish. Recommend checking this one out.

Fignuts
07-13-2017, 02:50 AM
I won't spoil the finish of matches I really enjoy, in case someone wants to check it out.

Fignuts
07-13-2017, 02:52 AM
Watching all this is kind of torture. It's REALLY making me want to play fire pro, but I won't have a comp til next month.

Should start a kickstarter. Tell everyone that I don't have a bed or running water.

Fignuts
07-13-2017, 03:27 AM
Kazuo Yamazaki vs Hiroshi Tenzan

Kind of a random pairing. Wonder what the story is, because they don't have throw away singles matches in new japan.

Nice contrast of styles. Tenzan is a bruiser with unique offense. Kazuo is an experienced vet with a mma style ( though unlike most of the mma guys coming in, kazuo is an excellent worker)

Remember using Kazuo a lot in the gba firepro

Match starts with kaxuo kicking the holy hell out of tenzan then throwing him through the barricade outside

Tenzan using his power to gain control

Kazuo ROCKS tenzan with a stiff high kick

Tenzan regaining control and getting his shit in

Oh fucking god that german

I'm gonna plug this one. Its not a 5 star or anything, but its a good short fight, and I dont remeber seding a lot of singles kazuo on here.

Fignuts
07-13-2017, 03:45 AM
Fucks sake here we go

Kazuyuki Fujita and Brian Johnston vs Don Frye and Dave Beneteau

We get these two fuvking dinks again, but instead of Kazuowe get Fujita, who I remember being awful. So Frye is the only real experienced wrestler, and even he is only okay.

Least we're starting with Fujita and Frye

Bad as Fuita is, johnston and beneteau make him look like lou thesz

They're just boxing now

That was mercifully short

Fignuts
07-13-2017, 04:10 AM
Tatsumi Fujinami, Tadao Yasuda, and Junji Hirata vs Scott FUCKING Norton, NWO Sting, and Micheal Wall Street

Rematch of the previous day's tag match with two extra guys.

Fuck yeah, Norton time. Crowd loves him. Oooooohing for everything he does.

Great counter into a bear hug.

To answer your early question noid, NWO Sting was about as special in njpw as he was in wcw. I.E. not very. Just wrestled in some tag matches as far as I know.

Dragon sleeper on IRS for the win. Another formulaic tag match, but again, Norton is a stand out.

Fignuts
07-13-2017, 04:17 AM
IWGP Jr Heavyweight Title
Liger (c)!vs Dr Wagner Jr

Good back and forth to start out.

Liger taking control by attacking the knee

Wagner with a flurry of big moves

Fucking insane finish.

Not saying a lot about this one because you really should just go watch it. Two great world class workers putting on a great match, and again, dat finish do.

Fignuts
07-13-2017, 04:47 AM
MAIN EVENT

NWO vs Team 2000
Keiji Mutoh and Satoshi Kojima vs Masahiro Chono and AKIRA

Mutoh and Kojima attack team 2000 on the ramp.

Ref pulls mutoh off, which leaves him open to a kenka kick from chono

Mutoh busted open. Hes like the flair of japan.

Kojima is FIRED THE FUCK UP Dude just drank two gallons of mountain dew

Oh god akira is fucking dead. Kojima just lariated him so far back in time that he looped around back to the present

Kojima and chono shrugging off each others shit

Young boy named Shibata ringside. I made myself sad.

Chono just knees kojima right in the dick.

Hot tag to mutoh

Bit of an anti climactic ending. Still recommending this as the match itself is fun, and its worth checking out just to follow the chono vs mutoh feud

Fignuts
07-13-2017, 04:53 AM
April 99'

Exploding Barb wire death match
Masahiro Chono vs Atsushi Onita

So Onita wants Choshu in a match but Choshu is ducking him, first putting Onita against Kensuke, and now against Chono. But this time its in Onitas specialty

This is a really good hardcore match. Both these guys have so much personality and charisma. Great post match stuff too. Go see it. This match ix famous enough that you can probably find it on youtube.

Fignuts
07-13-2017, 05:06 AM
May 99'
IWGP Heavyweight Title
Keiji Mutoh (c) vs Genichiro Tenryu

One of the matches I suggested to destor earlier. Two of the best ever going at it. Mutohs knees are pretty bad at this point so its not what it could of been a few years ago, but fuck me, its still really good.

At one point Tenryu almost kills himself, but I can't tell if he's hurt or selling really well, cause the guy is just that good.

Fignuts
07-13-2017, 05:07 AM
K, done for today. Next I'll finish up 1999, and move on to the new millenium.

Ol Dirty Dastard
07-13-2017, 07:57 AM
I remember watching a Tenryu match in my younger days. MAY HAVE been facing Mutoh. They just beat the ever living fuck out of one another. Not even a wrestling match as much as it was just punching and forearming one another in the face. And given they were legit heavyweights, it was physical af.

Bad News Gertner
07-15-2017, 08:09 PM
Just got Timeline WCW 1990 Jim Cornette. I can't fucking wait to watch this

Mr. Nerfect
07-15-2017, 08:19 PM
Please let me know how great it is.

Bad News Gertner
07-15-2017, 09:48 PM
Halfway through it and it's pretty amazing. Lol lots of Jim Herd nonsense.

Ol Dirty Dastard
07-15-2017, 09:54 PM
The funeral wreath get mentioned

Purgatory
07-16-2017, 07:28 AM
Lucha Libre, AAA on Youtube. I love their shows

Alot of old AWA stuff on Youtube.

Bad News Gertner
07-16-2017, 09:38 AM
Watching the April 1981 MSG show this morning in the Gertner Network featuring Bob Backlund vs Stan Hansen for the WWF Championship inside a Steel Cage. Fantastic match. Pedro Morales also fought Moondog Rex for the IC Title

Bad News Gertner
07-16-2017, 09:40 AM
Lucha Libre, AAA on Youtube. I love their shows

Alot of old AWA stuff on Youtube.

They ran an AWA marathon yesterday on ESPN Classic. Tivo'd a bunch of them. Hopefully they are the 86 shows (which aren't horrible). 87 and on is pretty bad for thr most part.

drave
07-16-2017, 09:42 AM
Always think of "No Holds Barred" when I see Stan Hansen. Funny as fuck.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/x8wfXDNIuJs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Bad News Gertner
07-16-2017, 09:50 AM
Final match of the show: Pretty Boy Larry Sharpe and Johnny Rodz vs Rick Martel and Tony Garea. Should be a really good match. Garea and Martel were a great team and 2 time tag champs

Bad News Gertner
07-16-2017, 09:57 AM
Ended up being kind of a blah match.

DaveWadding
07-16-2017, 12:29 PM
I watched the New Japan Cup AXS TV episode last night. Damn shame there's only one Shibata match left...

Bad News Gertner
07-22-2017, 01:18 AM
Great American Bash 1991. Always good for a laugh.

Bad News Gertner
07-22-2017, 01:22 AM
Jesus Christ @ the scaffold match. Lol PN News.

Jordan
07-22-2017, 10:02 AM
If you looked at my WWE Network viewing history, you might think that I view the service as the WCW Network. The only thing I want to watch is old Clash's and try to find the old shows that I haven't ever seen or watching my favorites over and over. There's just something incredible about the roster ranging at any point between Flair, Sting, Simmons, Vader, Windham, Rude, Austin, Pillman, Road Warriors, Hogan, Savage, Benoit, Malenko, Brad Armstrong, Rey Misterio Jr., Cactus Jack, Maxx Payne, The Nasty Boys, Ray Traylor, Dustin and Dusty Rhodes, Arn Anderson, The Steiner Brothers, Davey Boy Smith and it just goes on and on...

Fucking love those days. I started watching wrestling in 95 and always thought WWF was the "A" show by far. But looking back, event through all the ridiculous decisions made, WCW is still by far superior as far as in ring goes, at least until about 97.

Last night through I fell asleep to some AWA Superclas II. Didn't even make it to the third match. Seriously boring as fuck.

Bad News Gertner
07-22-2017, 10:09 AM
Yeah, the AWA was pretty rough in the mid/late 80's. Rose/Somers, Midnight Rockers, Bockwinkel, Hansen, Hennig and Larry Zbyszko are the only things worth watching from 85 to 90

Jordan
07-22-2017, 02:40 PM
Are there any particular episodes of AWA TV, or events that you would recommend to me that would be described as "exciting"?

Bad News Gertner
07-22-2017, 02:44 PM
Somers and Rose vs Midnight Rockers matches.

Larry Zbyszko vs Former boxer Scott Ledoux is a fun match.

Ol Dirty Dastard
07-22-2017, 02:48 PM
somers and rose vs rockers have a fucking blood bath that one time.

Emperor Smeat
07-22-2017, 06:16 PM
Day 4 of the 2017 G1 Climax tournament.

Turd Ferguson
07-22-2017, 08:53 PM
Wrestle circus on twitch right now

Hulk Hogan
07-24-2017, 03:05 PM
Post what you are watching thats NOT on the WWE Network

I often find myself watching old clips of DX clowning on Sgt. Slaughter from late 97/early 98'. That shit was gold in my opinion.

Bad News Gertner
07-27-2017, 01:57 AM
On the Gertner Network I'm watching a June 1977 MSG show with Bruno vs SSBG in a rematch for the WWWF Title

Bad News Gertner
07-27-2017, 01:58 AM
Volkoff and Patera just fought Andre and Chief Jay Strongbow in a fun 2 out of 3 falls match

Bad News Gertner
07-27-2017, 01:59 AM
Now we get former WWWF Champion Stan the Man Stasiak (father of Shawn Stasiak) vs Lenny Hurst. Stasiak is terrible.

SlickyTrickyDamon
07-27-2017, 02:00 AM
If anybody has a Roku device there is a channel in it called Rasslin. It plays a random video of their vast collection.

Saw a six man tag team match with Jerry Lawler, Bill Dundee and Jackie Fargo facing a team led by Wayne Ferris.

Bad News Gertner
07-27-2017, 02:05 AM
I'm guessing since Wayne Ferris was in the match that Larry Latham a.k.a Moondog Spot was involved since they teamed as the Blond Bombers. Pete Austin might have been on that team too.

Bad News Gertner
07-27-2017, 02:07 AM
Stasiak wins with a Heart Punch. Someone should bring that move back.

Bad News Gertner
07-27-2017, 02:09 AM
Here we go! Superstar Billy Graham vs Bruno Sammartino for the WWF title.

27,000 people in attendance at MSG. The Felt Forum must have been sold out.

Bad News Gertner
07-27-2017, 02:12 AM
Bruno sporting his terrible toupee. You really have to watch one of Bruno's matches from this era to appreciate how friggen over Bruno was.

Bad News Gertner
07-27-2017, 02:15 AM
This show is on the WWE Network. Just check out the Bruno vs Graham match at least. The crowd noise is deafening.

Bad News Gertner
07-27-2017, 02:17 AM
Graham's facial expressions are amazing. He was such a great heel. Bruno has had Graham in a full Nelson for 3 minutes and the crowd is going crazy.

Bad News Gertner
07-27-2017, 02:34 AM
Match ends in a double dq. Crowd is pissed! Loud "bullshit" chant. Great match. Graham is so good at selling .

Bad News Gertner
07-27-2017, 02:36 AM
Oh Jesus, Baron Von Raschke/w/ Blassie vs Ivan Putski. Von Raschke was a giant bust in the WWWF. Probably because Waldo Von Erich only left the territory a year and a half ago doing essentially the same gimmick only 10x better

Bad News Gertner
07-27-2017, 02:44 AM
Putski is over as hell but man is he ever terrible.

Bad News Gertner
07-27-2017, 02:45 AM
Holy fucking hell, this match ends in a 30 minute time limit draw. No. Just no. Skipping the rest of this.

Bad News Gertner
07-27-2017, 02:47 AM
Now was got High Chief Peter Maivia vs Baron Mike Scicluna. We still have Prof Toru Tanaka vs Fuji vs Dominic DeNucci and Haystacks Calhoun in a two out of three falls match so I can't imagine this will take long.

Destor
08-09-2017, 03:45 PM

Jumbo v Kenta

Watching Kenta work before Kings Road had really been developed is pretty fascinating.

Fignuts
08-09-2017, 04:20 PM
Dude was a machine.

Ol Dirty Dastard
08-09-2017, 05:40 PM
I remember marking the eff out when lawler turned face to help JR against Tazz after years of antagonizing one another. Wwe fans who never saw him wrestle got big time behind him because he is just fantastic.

Bigelow i like a lot but hes a bit one note.

Ol Dirty Dastard
08-09-2017, 05:42 PM
It blew my mind seeing him be face. Id say lawler as a face is one of the best ive ever seen.

Ol Dirty Dastard
08-09-2017, 05:42 PM
One of the best working punches. Fucking amazing fist drop and great seller.

Destor
08-09-2017, 05:43 PM
Dale i think you got turned around

Ol Dirty Dastard
08-09-2017, 06:04 PM
??

Ol Dirty Dastard
08-09-2017, 06:04 PM
Ah i see

Bad News Gertner
08-09-2017, 08:39 PM
Watched the October 1984 MSG show for the billionth time featuring my favourite match ever Afa vs Dick Murdoch. Complete Murdoch shtick. It's on the Network. Check it out. It's amazing. You'll die laughing at Murdoch's selling.

Bad News Gertner
08-10-2017, 01:04 AM
Here's the match. Check it out. You won't be sorry.

xbpno5

Bad News Gertner
08-10-2017, 08:43 PM
Got a sweet 1980 MSG show featuring Yatsu and Fujinami facing the Moondogs for the WWF Tag Champs coming my way

Bad News Gertner
08-15-2017, 02:21 AM
Downloaded a sweet torrent: every Royal Rumble match from 88-2017. Such a great time killer.

Fignuts
09-07-2017, 01:22 AM
Devils of Japan vs Jumping Bomb Angels 1985

Devils consists of Dump Matsumoto and a young Bull Nakano. Dump might be the best female heel ever. Just a big butch bitch in black, smacking commentators with a kendo stick and throwing shit around. Brings a chain in the ring, wraps it around the neck of one of the angels and lifts her up with one fucking arm. Nakano just smacking people with nunchuks the whole match. Shit is fucking bedlam. Love it.

Fignuts
09-07-2017, 01:24 AM
ahaha Dump smashing the ref with a lead pipe

Fignuts
09-07-2017, 01:24 AM
she's beating a photographer with it now and trying to steal his camera.

Fignuts
09-07-2017, 01:28 AM
Brining a table in now

Fignuts
09-07-2017, 01:29 AM
Fun match. 80's finish.

Fignuts
09-07-2017, 01:31 AM
wait are they restarting this? guess so

Fignuts
09-07-2017, 01:32 AM
ok now the wrestling match after 20 minutes of pure chaos lol

Fignuts
09-07-2017, 01:35 AM
lol where does Dump keep getting these weapons

Fignuts
09-07-2017, 01:36 AM
Great finish. Yeah, I'm posting this here.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/LX-sRMLkSyY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Destor
09-13-2017, 01:39 PM
Misawa v Kawada 6.6.97

One of the best matches of all time

Fignuts
01-07-2018, 11:00 PM
going to attempt to watch every match on NJ World, leading up to around 2010. After that they pretty much have every show in it's entirety, so there is a lot of filler, and stuff just not worth watching.Might as well commentate. Will skip ones I've already done though.

1975 ANtonio Inoki vs Tiger Jeet Singh NWF Title

lol someone pegs Singh in the back of the head with a drink on his way out. They were like right near him too.

National Anthems before title matches. Just 70's Things.

Thoroughly checking Singh for weapons. Such discrimination.

Anything with Singh in it, is the goods. World class heel.

Great wrestling mixed with great chicken shit heel tactics so far.

Inoki is so good at playing to the crowd, and holding their emotions in his hands. Like, Hogan level good.

Crowd throwing garbage because singh is in control now.

Singh channeling his inner Marty Scurll and using an umbrella to attack Inoki on the outside.

lol ref caught whatever Singh pulled out of his elbow pad.

looks like it's about to devolve into a double count out.

yep.

Singh busted open though.

Inoki still beating on Singh to send the crowd home happy.

Fignuts
01-07-2018, 11:24 PM
Oh shit, forgot it goes all the way back to 1973

Fignuts
01-08-2018, 12:26 AM
October 14, 1973
Antonio Inoki and Seiji Sakaguchi vs Lou Thesz and Karl Gotch.

Gotch's amateur wrestling and submission based style was incredibly influential to Inoki and establishing the overall style of NJPW. Sakaguchi is a former world class Judoka who joined the JWA, and followed Inoki when he formed NJPW.

I'm not expecting much from this. Always found Sakaguchi to be a complete snore, and Gtch and Thesz are pretty old at this point.

Tesz and Gotch moving faster than I thought they would. Must be taking their One-A-Day.

Gotch has such a unique, gentlemanly way of moving and applying holds.

Inoki wearing shit brown trunks. So that's where HBK got the idea.

Working the angle of Thesz unable to get around Sakaguchi's size.

Inoki and Gotch work really well together.

Tempers starting to flare

Backdrop outta nowhere by Thesz on Sakaguchi for the first fall.

Sakaguchi selling it like it killed him. Inoki whipping water on his back, and young lions, rubbing it with towels.

Thesz pissing Inoki off with the unclean breaks

Nice leg scissor counter to thesz takedown by Inoki.

Inoki with Ahmed Johnson levels of trunks wedgie

Second fall an a Sakaguchi atomic drop.

Thesz throwing out some heel stuff

Nice bridging clutch pin by inoki to get the win.

Better than expected. Gotch and Thesz still move around the ring really well despite their age, and even Seiji put in work. Definitely need a taste for old school mat wrestling to appreciate this though. Not for everybody.

First time seeing Gotch. Seems way ahead of his time.

Handshakes all around at the end. Boy these young kids thesz and inoki are spitting on the biz by doing that sort of thing, right Jim?

Fignuts
01-08-2018, 02:28 AM
12/10/1973
Antonio Inoki vs Johnny Powers.

Never heard of Johnny Powers. Inoki in his shit brown trunks again.

I guess Powers created the NWF and it's championship, which he sold to NJPW in 1973. They used the NWF title as their main championship until the IWGP title came along.

Damn, Inoki wrenching that head scissors.

Inoki's flying head scissors looks so cool.

Powers expressions when selling are ridiculous.

Powers' head scissors do not look cool. In fact it's botched as all fuck.

Powers kicks out of a flying knee drop at 1. What

Abdominal stretch gets the win for Inoki. I like the name "cobra twist" better.

Oh thats right 2/3 falls.

Powers keeps shouting like some caveman that can't form actual words.

I guess Powers gets the second fall off a figure 4 because Inoki couldn't free himself? Even though he didn't give up?

Powers continuing to work the leg. Using the turnbuckle posts.

Inoki with the octopus for the win.

Good match.

Fignuts
01-08-2018, 03:07 AM
3/19/74
Antonio Inoki vs Strong Kobayashi

Don't know much about Strong Kobayashi. If you're gonna name yourself strong, you better be badass though.

Shit brown wedgie trunks for Inoki again.

Strong doesn't seem to have much in the way of mat skills. Kind of a big flaw in this era unless you're a big hoss gaijin.

Strong rolling back in forth to torque Inoki's arm, despite the fact he is clearly holding it in place as he does so.

Strong just lets Inoki throw on the cobra twist.

Guess Kobayashi was a big star in IWE which was the successor to JWA, and wasn't as big as NJPW or AJPW, but was still a big enough deal that Kobayashi could be placed straight into a program with Inoki upon his arrival in NJPW.

Inoki busted open hardway.

German Suplex by Inoki for the win.

Strong isn't very good, but the match had a good finishing stretch.

Fignuts
01-08-2018, 03:42 AM
4/26/74
Antonio Inoki vs Seiji Sakaguchi

Killer Karl Krupp attacking Seiji on his way to the ring for some reason.

Seiji in his trademark red tights. Inoki in his trademark shit brown tights.

Brown is such an awful color for tights. Only makes sense if you killed an animal and tanned it's hide for use as ring attire, like Tatanka and the Berserker's.

One thing I'll say for Seiji, he makes the atomic drop look brutal.

No real story here so far. Just transitioning from one hold to the other.

Ends in a draw because of course it does.

Screw this respectful match between friends. Give me matches with invaders or foreigners.

Fignuts
01-08-2018, 04:27 AM
5/8/1974
Antonio Inoki vs Killer Karl Krupp

I guess Seiji is too much of a big man baby to fight his own battles, so Inoki does it for him.

Ahahaha Karl has a monocle

Oh wait, Seiji strapped his bollocks on and is fighting instead of Inoki

On the plus side, they aren't pussyfooting around like last match, due to Krupp being foreign and a nazi

A nazi gimmick who uses the iron claw. Color me surprised.

This is pretty much just a fight

Match just ended for some reason. Not sure why.

Wait now Inoki is in. I guess he's going to fight Seiji now?

Oh god, Inoki is going to fight Seiji.

video isn't even half over yet.

Least this one seems to have more fire in it, since it's a tournament match

Crowd really helping this match. Popping for everything. Maybe it's in Korekuen Hall.

Nope metroplitan gymnasium

Ooooh laying into eachother with that strike exchange

Killer Karl back out

Some other guy in a mask with him

Seiji busted open

Seiji having trouble getting back in. Prolly gonna end with ref stoppage.

Like an army of people trying to prevent seiji from getting back in.

yep. inoki wins via ref stoppage.

wait theres still like 15 minutes left in the vid? guess they had several rounds of the tournament in this one video. weird.

oh, it's karl krupp again. I thought he lost against seiji. I don't know whats going on anymore.

lots of stalling outside

Karl busted open now.

Inoki stomping karl's ass. devastating.

Stomping on his hand now to disable the iron claw.

Inoki wins with a bow and arrow hold.

That was probably the weakest of the three matches.

Fignuts
01-08-2018, 05:07 AM
6/26/74
Antonio Inoki vs Tiger Jeet Singh

First encounter between these two on njworld at least.

Tiger wont get in the ring. keeps attacking fans.

Inoki finally ditchingthe shit brown tights.

Starting out hot

Singh using a chair on the outside.

Apparently this whole feud started with Singh starting a brawl with Inoki in a shopping center. I need to see that.

Still on the outside. Bushwacker battering ram into the ring post.

Tiger pulling something out of his trunks

literally throwing an entire row of chairs at inoki

Frantic bell ringing to regain control. Like that ever works.

Finally back in the ring.

Inoki busted open.

Inoki using the chair now

Now tiger is busted open

Inoki trying to break tiger's arm.

I guess its a ref stoppage. Par for the course in this era.

Great match though

Fignuts
05-24-2019, 04:12 AM
Figured I'll bump this since Destor's back and he's the only one who cared about the nonsense I post here.

Wanted to give my thoughts on BOTSJ, but since I'm way the fuck behind and literally just starting it, I don't want to do it in the NJPW thread and accidently get spoiled. Maybe this will prompt other people to post random shit in here instead of just me endlessly rambling about rice eaters.

Anyhoo, night 1 Block A. Skipping the tag matches cause I just don't have the fucking time.

Taka Michinoku is coming mother fucker vs Tiger Mask

Both these guys look great and can still fucking go

Slick transitions from Taka

Taka fucking rules

Ringpost figure 4 HOT SHIT

Tiger suplex still such a great move

Nice little match. Honestly makes me excited to see Taka's main event matches when they give him more time. Should be good.

Titan vs Kanemaru

Wriring about this one like a day after I watched it and honestly don't remember much. Kanemaru is much more limited these days, but he's still solid. Remember seeing Titan in a multi man tag and being really impressed, but this didn't really blow mind. Not bad, but just solid match

John Grisham vs Marty Scurll

I know of John Grisham because of Fire Pro but I've never actually seen him til now. Pretty sure Gertner would describe him as a Mocha Midget.

Some very Jack Gallagheresque escapes from Grisham

Marty is really good, but for some reason he's never clicked with me. Never been excited to see him, with the exception of the Okada match, but that was because it was a unique match and they did a great job building to it on BTE

Finger snap is always great though. Pete Dunne wishes he could do it as good as Marty.

Good match. Grisham is alright I guess. Have to see a few more matches to make a fair judgement though.

Shingo Takagi vs SHO

Here we fucking go. BIG fan of SHO right here. Feel like he's a future star both in the Jr and Heavyweight divisions. And I've got a soft spot for Shingo because I saw him live in ROH way back when he was just starting out. He was supposed to fight Christopher Daniels, but Daniels flight got cancelled and he was replaced by Curry Man. It was a fun match.

Fucking Shingo looks so bad ass

SHO debuting his own. Chiptune style like TJP. Except better. Good sign though. Shows that NJPW sees the star potential.

Also love that the announcers here react so strongly to a new entrance theme rather than talking over it about whats trending or the main event later in the night.

"Shingo is the Dark Souls of Best of the Super Juniors." lol that's fucking great. These guys know their audience.

SHO with a Tekken cross promotion shirt. SHO needs to be in Tekken 7.

This match fucking rules so far. It's like strong style mixed with a dash of straight power wrestling.

Commentator's with a great observation on how impactful something as simple as bodyslam is, when performed by Shingo. Not sure who these guys are besides Kevin Kelly but I really like them.

Backcracker into armbar needs to be in Fire Pro. Gonna request it from one of the modders.

Shingo with the Cesaro style deadlift suplex off the apron. Always incredible.

fuuuuuuuuck this match

Fucking LARIAT strike exchange so fucking STRONG

rolling deadlift germans get the fuck out

We are saddened to learn of the death of proffesional wrestler SHO of NJPW following a lariat from Shingo Takagi

Holding onto an armbar after kicking out of a pin reversal. Dont see that often

Crowd is fucking HOT

Jesus fuck is the main event gonna be 5 minutes?

Fucking incredible. Match of the tournament contender on the first night.

These two guys. This is your top act in the Jr division going forward.

This match just made SHO as a singles star. Fucking MADE him. Which was inevitable, but here it is.

Who's in the main event? Who cares after that?

Dragon Lee vs Taiji Ishimori

Gotta be honest. Pretty drained after that last match. But these two are fucking studs and work great together so we'll see.

Dragon Lee's theme is so fucking terrible

Cool mask though

Glad he decided to match his mask color with his gear. Hate when masked guys don't do that. Like they'll have a cool looking red and black attire, but their mask is just randomly green. LOOKING AT YOU EL SAMURAI

Slow pace to start. Not great considering the Speed 2: Cruise Control pace of the last match.

Alright now it's picking up.

Taiji dipping in and out of the ropes so fast. Also, dude has like an 8 pack

Holy fuck Dragon Lee didn't even slow down for that suicide dive. Fucking scary to watch.

This is a really great match, but it lacks the raw emotion of the last one. Can understand why it's the main event though. Current champ vs former champ

Fuck death valley driver into the corner. Ishimori sounds legit fucked up.

So many backflip head drops.

Yeah, good match, but Shingo vs SHO stole the show by a country mile

Great start. I'll probably watch a show every day and 2 or 3 on my days off until I'm all caught up.

Seanny One Ball
05-25-2019, 05:47 PM
Very, very disappointed by Starrcade '83.

Besides the last 3 matches the card was a shit show and anybody that blames modern wrestling for "exposing the business" with ludicrous spots should really be forced to watch the first match on repeat for 24 hours.

Fignuts
05-25-2019, 07:28 PM
Flair vs Race
Piper vs Valentine
Briscoes vs Steamboat and Youngblood

Only matches I recall enjoying from that show.

Destor
05-27-2019, 12:03 PM
This years super juniors really went to shit. Its been a trend for sometime but every second of it looked like a work. Broke my heart a bit

Destor
05-27-2019, 12:03 PM
Member when new japan looked like a sport?

Fignuts
05-27-2019, 06:55 PM
Big problem is New Japan's Jr division is suffering pretty bad right now.

Ospreay is likely moving up to heavyweight division. Wouldn't be surprised if he was asked to do BOTSJ this year as a favor.

Hiromu's out

KUSHIDA is gone

Romero hasn't been a top contender in a long time, and it looks like he's been transitioning to production roles.

Desperado, TAKA, Kanemaru, BUSHI, Taguchi, Liger, and Tiger Mask are all basically Multi-tag fodder.

Young lions aren't anywhere near ready to seriously challenge anyone yet. They'll probably go on excursion first.

Eagles and ELP are pretty good I guess but who knows how long they'll be there? They could just be there for a cup of coffee. I don't think they're even signed. Plus, they're good but not IWGP Jr. champion good.

YOH and and SHO will absolutely be stars and are likely the future of the division for the next few years, but that's not happening until Wrestle Kingdom at the earliest.

That leaves Shingo, Ishimori, and Dragon Lee as the only serious contenders right now.

Fignuts
05-27-2019, 07:02 PM
Member when new japan looked like a sport?

This is why I've gotten so strongly behind SHO. Offense consisting of suplexes, submissions, and stiff strikes. He's got a lot of strong style in em'.

Destor
05-27-2019, 10:09 PM
I have a low bar I think. It needs to look like a struggle. That's all I'm asking. Half of their guys look like they were pulled from random US indies.

Fignuts
05-27-2019, 10:12 PM
Did you watch Shingo vs SHO on the first night?

That shit was a struuuuuuuuuugle

Destor
05-27-2019, 11:02 PM
There was a moment early where SHO catches a line into an arm bar and it looks like he's gonna break clean and then goes into the 4 count.

Crowd gave a big OooOooOoò

That's when that match hooked me.

Really good match, but compair what you got there to the rest and it really exposes it by proxy.

Fignuts
05-27-2019, 11:04 PM
That's why my favorites in NJPW are Ishii, Goto, and Suzuki.

Whenever any of those guys are in the ring, it's a fucking war.

Destor
05-27-2019, 11:06 PM
Fuck yes, absolutely

Fignuts
06-12-2019, 07:16 AM
fuuuuuuuuck wwe for signing Io

<iframe frameborder="0" width="480" height="270" src="https://www.dailymotion.com/embed/video/k1iHaVDAtqyqFPhl1Pl" allowfullscreen allow="autoplay"></iframe>