PDA

View Full Version : richard gray, news guy on the main site...

Fabien Barthez
05-26-2004, 10:41 PM
he is full of crap. he takes truths and bends them. eg the cage thing. who would complain about which cage they used? and those bullshit links at the bottom. he sucks ass and he also doesnt give credit to where he gets his lies from.

MVP
05-26-2004, 10:52 PM
Okay, go write wrestling columns and try to out-do him instead of bitching to us about it.

ilt_undertaker
05-26-2004, 10:54 PM
Who are we talkin about now?

Gerard
05-26-2004, 10:58 PM
What id love to know about the front page news is wtf with those completly bs links beneath the news stories? Shit like Torrie and sable found experimenting with car battery powered sextoy... Must be some kinda bet to see whos dumb enough to actually click them.

MVP
05-26-2004, 10:59 PM
Richard Gray is a well known wrestling columnist and his columns are posted here and other credible wrestling sites.

I don't rank him as highly as Scott Keith, but he still does a good job.

Fabien Barthez
05-26-2004, 10:59 PM
its not a column though is it, he is the news update guy, he makes things up and passes them off as wrestling news headlines. and i was just wondering if anyone else had noticed this. so dont talk to me like that when you dont know what your talking about.

PureHatred
05-26-2004, 11:04 PM
He is pretty much exactly the same as every other "reporter" on wrestling sites. This isn't a good thing, but certainly not a reason to flame him especially.

I do think the bogus links are incredibly lame. But if you're a wrestling fan and you haven't figured out by now that they're BS you deseve the sites/pop-ups.

MVP
05-26-2004, 11:05 PM
its not a column though is it, he is the news update guy, he makes things up and passes them off as wrestling news headlines. and i was just wondering if anyone else had noticed this. so dont talk to me like that when you dont know what your talking about.Alright well don't think you can do just as well as him when you can't even tell the difference between "your" and "you're".

HeartBreakMan2k
05-26-2004, 11:34 PM
he is full of crap. he takes truths and bends them. eg the cage thing. who would complain about which cage they used? and those bullshit links at the bottom. he sucks ass and he also doesnt give credit to where he gets his lies from.

Um, those bullshit links at the bottom, are giving credit if I'm not mistaken

Fabien Barthez
05-26-2004, 11:40 PM
mvp - grammar shot, well done

hbk2k - no they aren't, look for yourself.

Bad Company
05-26-2004, 11:44 PM
HEYYYYYYYY

Fabio, long time no see, how are ya?
Still a dickhead I see!

MVP
05-26-2004, 11:45 PM
Well Fabien Barthez, at least you take constructive criticism, that's 1-up on half the retards.

Wondermouse
05-27-2004, 12:17 AM
Richard Gray is a well known wrestling columnist and his columns are posted here and other credible wrestling sites.

Below Scott Keith? What an insult.

Shadow
05-27-2004, 12:29 AM
Well Fabien Barthez, at least you take constructive criticism, that's 1-up on half the retards.

I resemble that remark!

Actually, I only clicked on those links like twice before I figured out they were bull. Can't say I can't learn now can ya?

DaveWadding
05-27-2004, 05:17 AM
Pothead Jeff Hardy marks must learn like snails.

Vega
05-27-2004, 05:22 AM
What id love to know about the front page news is wtf with those completly bs links beneath the news stories? Shit like Torrie and sable found experimenting with car battery powered sextoy... Must be some kinda bet to see whos dumb enough to actually click them.

cream
05-27-2004, 07:22 AM
i dont think those links at the bottom have anything to do with Richard Grey or any news reporter.

Anyway, most news items are from Dave Meltzer, then just re-worded to sound original.

Fabien Barthez
05-27-2004, 11:16 AM
My critisism is that he takes news from Meltzer and places like wrestleview.com and just elaborates for no real reason. I think Rob Harvey should start doing them again.

The Mackem
05-27-2004, 12:12 PM
I read one earlier which said "as I reported yesterday", yet clearly he didn't report anything that related to the story the day before.

The Mackem
05-27-2004, 12:17 PM
It's like, Richard, please don't lie to me.

HankScorpio
05-27-2004, 02:56 PM
what is it about stupid threads?? they attract dumb-fu(k Jeff Hardy marks like lightbulbs do moths.

Kane Knight
05-27-2004, 03:39 PM
Those aren't new or anything, though.

Rob
05-27-2004, 04:16 PM

Gray is garbage.

Keith isn't as bad but he is what spawned dicks like this.

I never heard of Gray before he came here but he can't be that well known if he is here to be honest. I reckon I was better known when I did this gaga and I was a nobody.

Rob
05-27-2004, 04:19 PM
My critisism is that he takes news from Meltzer and places like wrestleview.com and just elaborates for no real reason. I think Rob Harvey should start doing them again.

Don't you know I'm a total mark for Meltzer and copy everything he says and I mention the odd Japanese and indy wrestler to make myself look smarter than I am?

Corkscrewed
05-27-2004, 04:59 PM
I dunno... Gray kinda peeves me too. What I really hate is when he posts in the headline something like "Story A Happening and Story B!" basically indicating that the report will cover two subjects. Then he'll just talk about the first subject and have a LINK to the second one.

Example would be like

Stone Cold Talking with Vince! Also news on Bret Hart!

Yesterday, Steve Austin talked with Vince McMahon about returning. He might be back soon.

News on Bret Hart! (http://www.somerandomwrestlingsitewithpopups.com)

That's just annoying and pathetic.

DaveWadding
05-27-2004, 05:02 PM
Rob, you should do the newsboard again....simply because YOU DA MAN.

Rob
05-27-2004, 06:29 PM
I should do a lot of things but I don't :(

I packed the lot in because I was starting a new job and didn't really have the time or patience for this anymore. I have more time now and a lot more patience :shifty:

DaveWadding
05-27-2004, 07:12 PM
So start again :(

Fryza
05-27-2004, 07:19 PM
I resemble that remark!

LOL

Fabien Barthez
05-30-2004, 09:21 PM
Don't you know I'm a total mark for Meltzer and copy everything he says and I mention the odd Japanese and indy wrestler to make myself look smarter than I am?

Yes but the point is, which was my original point, is that he adds things from meltzer, not reword, adds. its like a chinese whisper or something. these things are mostly speculation anyway without adding extra crap to it. The original thingabout fans complaining about the use of 2 different cages in two different house shows all came from some guy posting a news bit on Wrestleview saying he went both and they used different cages, he then turns it into

SCANDAL!!! WWE have 2 DIFFERENT CAGES! Fans DEMAND money back for this outrage!

So yeah, the guy is a tool and the gang. Anyone else noticed he hasn't posted anything since I started this thread??

Rob
05-31-2004, 07:34 PM
Cos he is a dickhead. Steal from Meltzer if you want, I don't care. The guy blatantly tries to make up his own news stories from bits he reads from the Observer.

Fox
05-31-2004, 07:50 PM
Who gives a fuck about Richard Gray's news reports?

My problem with the TPWW news board is that it's never fucking updated, and when it finally is, the news is about 2 weeks old. Not to mention the fact that the columnists are too lazy to write something more regularly than once a decade.

God I miss Smackdown Hotel.

Rob
05-31-2004, 07:55 PM
Who wrote that?

Fox
06-01-2004, 02:39 AM
The Nick, or something like that.

Edge
06-01-2004, 06:05 AM
Who gives a fuck about Richard Gray's news reports?

My problem with the TPWW news board is that it's never fucking updated, and when it finally is, the news is about 2 weeks old.

Tell me about it. When was the last time the god dam Raw and SmackDown results were updated ? Fucking Richard Gray.