PDA

View Full Version : fuuuuuuuuccccckkkkkkk (Asuka injured)

owenbrown
08-21-2017, 07:18 PM
http://www.wwe.com/shows/wwenxt/article/asuka-suffers-injury-at-nxt-takeover

NXT Women’s Champion Asuka suffers injury at TakeOver: Brooklyn III

NXT Women’s Champion Asuka broke her right collarbone during her successful title defense against Ember Moon Saturday at NXT TakeOver: Brooklyn III, WWE.com has learned.

Due to the injury, The Empress of Tomorrow is not medically cleared to compete, and no official timetable has been given for her return. The typical recovery time for a broken collarbone is 6-8 weeks, according to ringside physician Dr. Jeffrey Westerfield, who tended to Asuka in Brooklyn.

“During the match, she landed awkwardly from a throw from Ember Moon and was able to complete the match, but had notable pain and discomfort,” Dr. Westerfield said. “We performed an initial ultrasound backstage that was highly suspicious of a break that was later confirmed by an X-ray.”

News of the injury comes as Asuka approaches the 507-day mark of her historic NXT Women’s Title reign. She has yet to be defeated in NXT since debuting in October 2015.

Stay with WWE.com as more details on Asuka’s condition become available.

DaveWadding
08-21-2017, 07:20 PM
This is perfect, actually. Gives them an opportunity to get the belt off her without her having to lose.

She rehabs, shows up on the main roster and starts the murdering process over again.

Mr. Nerfect
08-21-2017, 07:29 PM
That is true, but it's only 6-8 weeks. That's like two tapings, isn't it? They don't really need to take the belt off her. They can build challengers and just have her reign continue to tick upwards.

Tom Guycott
08-22-2017, 06:47 AM
It would be the easiest and most productive out without anyone getting screwed up, though. Streak stays intact, and since it's the Dusty Rhodes "why are you still here?" thing (he apparently said that about guys like Tye Dillinger where were in NXT forever, and he felt like they had long since been ready to move up as there was nothing else to teach them they didn't need to learn on their own or any more rub that could be given from NXT matches). Like Dave said, frees up the belt and the talent without hurting them (figuratively) in the process. There *could* be a comeback and a reclaim... but why? Already done everything, time to move up.

#BROKEN Hasney
08-22-2017, 06:51 AM
It would be the easiest and most productive out without anyone getting screwed up, though. Streak stays intact, and since it's the Dusty Rhodes "why are you still here?" thing (he apparently said that about guys like Tye Dillinger where were in NXT forever, and he felt like they had long since been ready to move up as there was nothing else to teach them they didn't need to learn on their own or any more rub that could be given from NXT matches). Like Dave said, frees up the belt and the talent without hurting them (figuratively) in the process. There *could* be a comeback and a reclaim... but why? Already done everything, time to move up.

God I hope not. I actually like watching NXT TakeOvers so I'll miss her on the other shows.

Sixx
08-22-2017, 07:54 AM
http://www.wwe.com/shows/wwenxt/article/asuka-suffers-injury-at-nxt-takeover

Hah, why would you spoiler tag a link?

#BROKEN Hasney
08-22-2017, 08:11 AM

In a thread already labelled as a spoiler

Heisenberg
08-22-2017, 08:52 AM
If you used "frick" you would have been able to get more Christian new eye/poster viewers

owenbrown
08-22-2017, 09:14 AM

In a thread already labelled as a spoiler

So no one does a WHAT THE FUCK? on me

#1-norm-fan
08-22-2017, 02:44 PM
God I hope not. I actually like watching NXT TakeOvers so I'll miss her on the other shows.

It's weird. Everyone's always excited for NXT stars to go to the main roster but I don't think anyone really wants it.

#BROKEN Hasney
08-22-2017, 02:55 PM
It's weird. Everyone's always excited for NXT stars to go to the main roster but I don't think anyone really wants it.

I've just stopped even being excited. I read the results of a Raw or Smackdown where someone debuted and just sigh.

Triple A
08-22-2017, 02:56 PM
How is this a spoiler anyway

A spoiler for what

Emperor Smeat
08-22-2017, 02:57 PM
This is perfect, actually. Gives them an opportunity to get the belt off her without her having to lose.

She rehabs, shows up on the main roster and starts the murdering process over again.

Even if she needed the full 2 months for recovery, next Takeover isn't till mid-November so she still has enough time left for a possible return without needing to drop the belt yet.

Fignuts
08-22-2017, 03:02 PM
Stripping her of the title would allow her to join the main roster undefeated, but that's not worth ending such a fun tremendous title reign in a shitty, anticlimactic way.

Said it in the other thread. If you need a title defense before the next Takeover, create an interim title. It's not something they normally do, but NXT is it's own thing and doesnt have to play by raw and smackdowns rules. Then you have a built in champion vs champion storyline for when asuka is ready.

Mr. Nerfect
08-22-2017, 06:12 PM
An interim title would be a good story. I don't know if the time window is big enough though. But I imagine that the winner of the Mae Young Classic might end up facing her. I think they can do enough between now and the next Takeover to not go to any drastic measures.

Bad News Gertner
08-22-2017, 06:43 PM
Japanesse wrestlers can't get over in the U.S. Just make her Funaki's hoe

Mr. Nerfect
08-23-2017, 11:45 PM
Pimp Funaki would be a damn good manager gimmick.

Ol Dirty Dastard
08-24-2017, 06:37 AM
Japanesse wrestlers can't get over in the U.S. Just make her Funaki's hoe

lol shut the fuck up

DaveWadding
08-24-2017, 11:56 PM

Shit, can I go back in time and buy a lottery ticket?