PDA

View Full Version : Should Dolph leave at the end of his contract?

Big Vic
10-04-2017, 08:27 AM
Also how tired are you of Dolph and when did you last enjoy his work?

SNLfunnyguy
10-04-2017, 08:28 AM
I'm tired of him, probably through no fault of his own. Directionless, meaningless matches year after year. It is what it is.

Jordan
10-04-2017, 08:30 AM
I last like Dolph probably 4 or 5 years ago when he wrestled Kofi on Smackdown! for like 6 weeks straight.

Schlomey
10-04-2017, 08:33 AM
I liked him with Big E and AJ ....when he was white hot shit. He turned face and slowly has become a distant memory. Even this most recent heel turn he is doing the same schtick but just used to get other guys over. He needs to pull a Cody Rhodes/Drew McIntire and disappear for a while.

Big Vic
10-04-2017, 08:35 AM
Same, my biggest problem as it relates to him and not booking is that he cuts promos saying he's the best performer. No, Not if your are losing matches buddy. That'd be like the "Chargers" saying even though they lost all of their games they still perform the best on the field because their matches were close.

His current gimmick of complaining that he isn't over because he doesn't use the flashy entrances is dumb. He isn't over because he loses 90% of his matches now.

I liked him with Big E and AJ ....when he was white hot shit. He turned face and slowly has become a distant memory. Even this most recent heel turn he is doing the same schtick but just used to get other guys over. He needs to pull a Cody Rhodes/Drew McIntire and disappear for a while.

Yeah and as soon as he goes heel and getting pops from the crowd for going heel, he puts the American flag on his tights and is booked in a 2 on 1 handicap match against Apollo and Kalisto.

Sixx
10-04-2017, 08:49 AM
His name is really, really stupid. That is all.

slik
10-04-2017, 08:50 AM
I'm over Dolph so sure.

Sixx
10-04-2017, 08:52 AM
Wait, just read on wiki he now does impressions? Anyone has a video? Only found him doing Warrior.

Simple Fan
10-04-2017, 09:10 AM
Yeah, would love to see him leave WWE. Just needs something new a fresh.

Destor
10-04-2017, 10:18 AM
Yet another guy who was handed the world and failed to get over.

SNLfunnyguy
10-04-2017, 10:55 AM

Handed the world? In what sense? Being given titles and no feuds, positioning or direction?

Destor
10-04-2017, 11:04 AM
Gave him the World titel despite the fact he wasnt over.What more can you ask?

IWC loves to blame everyone but the worker. If my job doesnt get done its not my bosses fault.

Stickman
10-04-2017, 11:19 AM
His name is really, really stupid. That is all.

This set him up for failure from the get go. It is probably one of the worst names of all time.
I lost all interest in him when he was with Vicky Gurerro who was probably the worst performer ever to get pushed to the moon.

Nicky Fives
10-04-2017, 12:38 PM
For people to miss someone, they have to go away first....Hit the Indies, work on his comedy, pick his spots to stay in the scene, wrestle who he wants to wrestle and then come back in a few years a la Cody Rhodes....

Ol Dirty Dastard
10-04-2017, 12:59 PM
Gave him the World titel despite the fact he wasnt over.

Seemed pretty over. Wasnt over after he got jobbed left right and center

Destor
10-04-2017, 01:07 PM
If you say so

Big Vic
10-04-2017, 01:24 PM
Which title reign? his first fake one or his second one?

Destor
10-04-2017, 01:25 PM
They're all fake ;)

RP
10-04-2017, 01:59 PM
I think Ziggler is one of the most misused guys on i've ever seen in wrestling. I do agree his name is a bit dumb. But it's probably too late for a name change. They really should have him do a Brian Pillman Loose Cannon type thing and have him win the Royal Rumble. The dude is really talented and when he's not screaming into the mic, he can cut great promo's. Give me a Dolph Rumble win and a Dolph vs AJ Styles WM title match. That would be epic.

Destor
10-04-2017, 02:02 PM
Sounds like a great US title match

Anybody Thrilla
10-04-2017, 02:26 PM
I'm a fan of Ziggler. In 2009, he was crushing. Most recently, I enjoyed his ladder match with Luke Harper a couple years ago and his feud with The Miz not THAT long ago. All that said, he should definitely bounce after his contract is up. He could do better than Cody on the indies, I feel.

RP
10-04-2017, 02:33 PM
He had a great match with The Miz recently on a PPV that gets no attention.

RP
10-04-2017, 02:35 PM
No he shouldnt bounce. That's so dumb to say honestly. You dont bounce from the WWE unless there is another organization that is within nuclear missile distance of the WWE. And there is none. I would much rather be Curtis Axel right now, than be the Young Bucks. No doubt.

RP
10-04-2017, 02:36 PM
Curtis Axel gets on TV every week. He may or may not have potential, but WWE hasnt completely killed his potential like they have with James Ellsworth ( dog leash lol )

Anybody Thrilla
10-04-2017, 02:37 PM
Look at what Cody's doing for himself before you call it 'dumb'. Bouncing now doesn't mean he has to leave forever. Just go prove his worth somewhere else before coming back. Look no further than Drew McIntyre for this sort of thing.

Anybody Thrilla
ROH is on TV every week.

Destor
No he shouldnt bounce. That's so dumb to say honestly. You dont bounce from the WWE unless there is another organization that is within nuclear missile distance of the WWE. And there is none. I would much rather be Curtis Axel right no, than be the Young Bucks. No doubt.
NJPW money is no joke; lets start there...

Cody Rhoades will make more this year than any year he was ever working for the fed.

If a guy who is fresh off the fed can work merch online, juggle money mark dates as they come through, NJPW or even an exclusive PWG deal they can do very well.

Low end fed guys are making solid middle class money but before trans. You can get a money mark to eat half your trans at least. Seen a lot of guys get round trip air covered.

RP
10-04-2017, 02:40 PM
NJPW money is no joke; lets start there...

Cody Rhoades will make more this year than any year he was ever working for the fed.

If a guy who is fresh off the fed can work merch online, juggle money mark dates as they come through, NJPW or even an exclusive PWG deal they can do very well.

Low end fed guys are making solid middle class money but before trans. You can get a money mark to eat half your trans at least. Seen a lot of guys get round trip air covered.

So i get this, but i'm reading something a few weeks ago about Rey Mysterio not being able to get 10k an appearence.

What can the low guys on the indy totem pole possibly be getting?

Destor
10-04-2017, 02:43 PM
10k an appearance is insane. Thur-Sun...52 times a year...what is that 2 mil before merch a year?

Anybody Thrilla
10-04-2017, 02:50 PM
I am now demanding 10K per post.

RP
10-04-2017, 02:59 PM
10k an appearance is insane. Thur-Sun...52 times a year...what is that 2 mil before merch a year?

Honestly?

Did i misread this or

Am I the only one that read this?? lol.

I'm pretty sure thats what i read. He was leaving Lucha and WWE did not want to sign him because of his fee's.

Anybody Thrilla
10-04-2017, 03:09 PM
So Google says that the average WWE wrestler that isn't top tier gets paid $500,000/yr. That would be $1370 a day, if they worked every day.

Anybody Thrilla
10-04-2017, 03:10 PM
So yeah, 10K for an appearance is pretty fucking steep.

Destor
10-04-2017, 03:20 PM
So Google says that the average WWE wrestler that isn't top tier gets paid $500,000/yr. That would be $1370 a day, if they worked every day.
Thats a bull shit number ftr. Most guys (if we're talking mathmatical averages) are enhancement guys. 60k-80k before merch. No trans.

Now if you mean average as in an average worker you're getting into a 100k-300k pre merch. Maybe some trans deal if you're cagey enough to get them to pay per diem.

Sixx
10-04-2017, 03:20 PM
He'd have to make 4 appearances a week to get 2 mill.

Destor
10-04-2017, 03:21 PM
He'd have to make 4 appearances a week to get 2 mill.
Which is what I did the math on...pretty standard...208 dates a year...

DAMN iNATOR
10-04-2017, 03:24 PM
This set him up for failure from the get go. It is probably one of the worst names of all time.
I lost all interest in him when he was with Vicky Gurerro who was probably the worst performer ever to get pushed to the moon.

Maybe not quite as bad as when he debuted in his original gimmick as Chavo's caddy, Nick Nemeth, but yeah...pretty bad...every time I hear his name it kind of invokes "Dolph Lundgren" (Ivan Drago in Rocky IV).

Anybody Thrilla
10-04-2017, 03:25 PM
Regardless, Rey is asking too much if that's his real ask.

Anybody Thrilla
10-04-2017, 03:28 PM
Maybe not quite as bad as when he debuted in his original gimmick as Chavo's caddy, Nick Nemeth, but yeah...pretty bad...every time I hear his name it kind of invokes "Dolph Lundgren" (Ivan Drago in Rocky IV).

I've said it before, and I'll say it again...

Kerwin White was a great gimmick. Chavo could have really made it work if he didn't care about his stupid heritage and dumb lineage.

DAMN iNATOR
10-04-2017, 03:33 PM
I've said it before, and I'll say it again...

Kerwin White was a great gimmick. Chavo could have really made it work if he didn't care about his stupid heritage and dumb lineage.

I agree...I just don't think it was the best way for a guy new to WWE to start out...not the worst either, but I can only imagine how his career might have gone had Dolph just been a singles guy from the start instead of starting as a caddy and then becoming "Nicky" in the 5-man male cheerleader group the Spirit Squad.

Destor
10-04-2017, 03:34 PM
SS was fucking ace

Sixx
10-04-2017, 03:34 PM
Which is what I did the math on...pretty standard...208 dates a year...

Huh. So it's the same wage for house shows as for RAW and PPVs?

Destor
10-04-2017, 03:35 PM
Huh. So it's the same wage for house shows as for RAW and PPVs?
No im just saying if he's charging 10k per thats his take home

Big Vic
10-04-2017, 03:42 PM
Ellsworth is the bombI've said it before, and I'll say it again...

I think WWE made him cut it short due to the death of his uncle.

Anybody Thrilla
10-04-2017, 03:45 PM
I agree...I just don't think it was the best way for a guy new to WWE to start out...not the worst either, but I can only imagine how his career might have gone had Dolph just been a singles guy from the start instead of starting as a caddy and then becoming "Nicky" in the 5-man male cheerleader group the Spirit Squad.

Well for one, if he would have evolved from that on camera into anything else, he could have probably had a better ring name than Dolph Ziggler.

Anybody Thrilla
10-04-2017, 03:46 PM
Ellsworth is the bomb

I think WWE made him cut it short due to the death of his uncle.

I heard he demanded to drop it after the death of his uncle.

Emperor Smeat
10-04-2017, 04:01 PM
Yes and would go even farther back by saying it was a mistake signing him to an extension a couple years ago.

Ever since being a placeholder for Reigns' Survivor Series push in 2014, he's been really boring and stale. He's pretty much near a "once a year" status for anything interesting involving him.

Anybody Thrilla
10-04-2017, 04:31 PM
What exactly is he attempting to show the world while he's here?

Simple Fan
10-04-2017, 05:04 PM
Curtis Axel gets on TV every week. He may or may not have potential, but WWE hasnt completely killed his potential like they have with James Ellsworth ( dog leash lol )

Big Cyris Axel fan and I'd love to see him leave WWE as well although o don't think he ever will. Seems to be their go to guy to get someone returning back into ring shape.

Anybody Thrilla
10-04-2017, 05:06 PM
Is Cyris Axel his Global Force name?

Simple Fan
10-04-2017, 05:29 PM
Is Cyris Axel his Global Force name?

Lol could be. That's a big problem for him if he ever left. Cold probably just be Joe Henning or something like Axel Henning.

DAMN iNATOR
10-04-2017, 05:48 PM
Well for one, if he would have evolved from that on camera into anything else, he could have probably had a better ring name than Dolph Ziggler.

True.

Mr. Nerfect
10-04-2017, 07:07 PM
I can't believe how little I care about Dolph Ziggler now. I can understand that he's not hot or whatever, and that doesn't surprise me, but I just cannot believe how little I just fucking care about a guy who I used to think was really, really good.

It would be in his best interests to leave and remind people of what he can do. Take a break, at the very least. Just creatively. Even if he just walks along some beaches and breaks his diet for a week or something. The dude needs some sort of change of scenery.

He's not really of any use to the company anymore. You can't even debut guys against Dolph and have it matter anymore. It did shit to help Shinsuke Nakamura, and shit to help Baron Corbin. No one gets a "rub" from beating him or working with him. We've seen it all before, we know it goes nowhere, and no one cares.

Working for ROH or New Japan would freshen Dolph up a lot. It'd allow him to work the way he wants, and to show off how good he is, if he really is that good at all. People won't care overnight, but maybe they will kind of at some point eventually. He can eventually return to the WWE and be a solid upper mid-carder for them.

Anybody Thrilla
10-04-2017, 07:20 PM
Yeah RP, that's what I was saying, you fucking dick.

RP
10-04-2017, 07:33 PM
Yeah RP, that's what I was saying, you fucking dick.

wow. Angry.

Anybody Thrilla
10-04-2017, 07:35 PM
Fuck yeah I am. At you.

RP
10-04-2017, 07:49 PM
Clearly a racial thing here.

Swiss Ultimate
10-04-2017, 08:47 PM
Clearly a racial thing here.

You're not black?

Who owned all those penises you used to post everywhere?

Bad News Gertner
10-04-2017, 09:11 PM
Been saying Dolph should leave for 3 years

Bad News Gertner
10-04-2017, 09:13 PM
Dolph also can't get over without a female valet/love interest to play off of

Sepholio
10-04-2017, 09:27 PM
Dolph is one of my favorite in ring performers so no I don't want him to go.

Would probably be better for his career to leave for awhile though. But I'll miss seeing him on TV.

Maluco
10-04-2017, 10:29 PM
Honestly, I think he has the same problem as Rhodes, he just doesn't have enough charisma.

Might find an interesting enough character and is a good athlete, but he just doesn't have any X factor. No real presence. Just fades into the background.

Maluco
10-04-2017, 10:30 PM
If Rhodes were to go back tomorrow, he would be stale again before the end of the year

#1-norm-fan
10-04-2017, 10:34 PM

Gave him the World titel despite the fact he wasnt over.What more can you ask?

IWC loves to blame everyone but the worker. If my job doesnt get done its not my bosses fault.

Giving a guy a world title in this day and age is not "handing them the world". The titles mean shit because they give them to everyone in hopes that it somehow gets them over because they're too lazy and inept to do it the proper way. In other words... bad booking.

Just because a handful of guys have found a way to get over on their own in spite of it doesn't mean the booking gets a pass when someone isn't able to.

Destor
10-04-2017, 10:37 PM
Everyone else's fault?

SlickyTrickyDamon
10-04-2017, 10:49 PM
"How Can I Miss you if you won't go away?" Jim Cornette.

Maybe the fans will realize what they had if he leaves for a bit.

#1-norm-fan
10-04-2017, 10:50 PM
If your job is to get a character over and your boss gives you the shittiest, most lazily written character imaginable... kudos to you if you manage to get it over. If you don't, it's ridiculous for someone to say "He was handed the world and failed to get it over. Not his boss' fault."

And this is coming from someone who doesn't even think Dolph is really main event material. He should have been a great, OVER midcard workhorse for years. But just throwing a title that doesn't mean shit anymore on him isn't "giving him the world".

#1-norm-fan
10-04-2017, 11:13 PM
Working for ROH or New Japan would freshen Dolph up a lot. It'd allow him to work the way he wants, and to show off how good he is, if he really is that good at all. People won't care overnight, but maybe they will kind of at some point eventually. He can eventually return to the WWE and be a solid upper mid-carder for them.

If money is what is driving him still, I'd say don't leave WWE at all. Chances are things won't be any better if he comes back. He'd just be losing out on money elsewhere.

If he's set money-wise and is willing to take less to actually perform in a setting closer to what he grew up wanting to be in ala Cody Rhodes... He should probably leave and not come back. Because I don't see WWE changing anytime soon.

Simple Fan
10-04-2017, 11:27 PM
Freedom is really the biggest thing they gain from leaving WWE. They can work when and how they want. He's made money might as well enjoy the freedom and make some money while doing it.

RP
10-05-2017, 12:05 AM
You're not black?

Who owned all those penises you used to post everywhere?

Anybody Thrilla is not black.

Anybody Thrilla
10-05-2017, 02:09 AM
Tell the cops that.

Evil Vito
10-05-2017, 09:01 AM
When they made him the sole survivor at Survivor Series 2014 to abolish the Authority only to do NOTHING with him afterwards, that should've been Dolph's cue to bounce.

KIRA
10-05-2017, 02:54 PM
When they made him the sole survivor at Survivor Series 2014 to abolish the Authority only to do NOTHING with him afterwards, that should've been Dolph's cue to bounce.

They had the perfect fucking chance(Nevermind that Sting stole his thunder) He was the MVP of Survivor Series he was over like crazy they couldve rode that wave but afterward nothing

I have the same feeling about Dolph That I have about Christian which is why the hell do you want to stay in a company and bust your ass when the higher ups clearly don't like you?

KIRA
10-05-2017, 02:55 PM
Tell the cops that.

Pfft we all know cops don't go after people just for the crime of being black

:shifty:

McLegend
10-05-2017, 03:27 PM
Dolph Ziggler has been around since 2009?!!!?!???

Yeah he should definitely leave for a little while. Just try not to burn bridges, and he'll be fine.

DAMN iNATOR
10-05-2017, 06:22 PM
Dolph Ziggler has been around since 2009?!!!?!???

Yeah he should definitely leave for a little while. Just try not to burn bridges, and he'll be fine.

2004 if you count OVW and his first couple of gimmicks.