PDA

View Full Version : Wrestlers that were/are going to be the next HBK

Swiss Ultimate
10-17-2017, 09:46 AM
Via promised push or via fan speculation, list wrestlers that were meant to be the next HBK.

I personally thought that's where they were headed with CM Punk, although I don't feel like he had the same level of in-ring talent or raw physical ability.

KIRA
10-17-2017, 02:42 PM
Johhny Mundo

Dol--- no too easy

I think thats where they want/wanted to go with Seth Rollins

Shelton?????

Jeff Hardy

Billy Gunn(like Shelton I'm not sure where they wanted to go with him he was given push after push)

Shisen Kopf
10-17-2017, 04:15 PM
Nicky from the Spirit Squad

ClockShot
10-17-2017, 04:47 PM
Nicky from the Spirit Squad

Bad News Gertner
10-17-2017, 05:19 PM
Lol remember Michael Shane in TNA. He was HBK's cousin or something. He was supposed to be as well, but he sucked ass

Swiss Ultimate
10-17-2017, 09:52 PM
Oh god, I remember.

Anybody Thrilla
10-17-2017, 10:17 PM
Hahaha fuck Michael Shane.

Didn't someone say that Brian Kendrick was supposed to be the next HBK at some point?

I think the closest thing we have to a current "HBK" is AJ Styles. What do you think about that?

Mr. Nerfect
10-17-2017, 11:43 PM
Lol remember Michael Shane in TNA. He was HBK's cousin or something. He was supposed to be as well, but he sucked ass

There was a Ladder Match he had with Paul London that I really enjoyed, but that may have been because I was a mark for London.

Mr. Nerfect
10-17-2017, 11:47 PM
When it comes to Kendrick, did people think he was going to be the next HBK, or that he should have been pushed that way? As a tag team, Paul London & Brian Kendrick were kind of reminiscent of The Rockers, but I don't really know if Kendrick was pushed enough to really warrant the "Next HBK" label. He was pushed with the bodyguard, but I dunno -- my mind goes to wrestlers who had the same level of appeal and were on the cusp of breaking out in that same way.

Dolph Ziggler and John Morrison are the two that come to mind. I remember people used to compare Jeff Hardy to Shawn Michaels all the time too. Maybe it was just the ladder link and the fact that girls wanted to blow him? I don't know.

Anybody Thrilla
10-17-2017, 11:47 PM
I think there was somebody here that thought that Doug Basham would be the next HBK. I tend to recall that person fantasy booking him to being the one to retire Ric Flair.

Mr. Nerfect
10-17-2017, 11:48 PM
Hahaha fuck Michael Shane.

Didn't someone say that Brian Kendrick was supposed to be the next HBK at some point?

I think the closest thing we have to a current "HBK" is AJ Styles. What do you think about that?

AJ Styles is the best in-ring performer they've had since HBK. I would draw comparisons there, definitely.