PDA

View Full Version : Can we appreciate the mother fucking Usos for a minute?

Anybody Thrilla
11-27-2017, 08:28 AM
These dudes go dumb hard. Even when they were buttermilk babyfaces, they were churning out five stars like nobodies business, and now that they're heel and seemingly closer to themselves, they're essentially untouchable. These boys are the fucking truth. I could watch their matches all day, every day. So fucking good. We can sit here and talk about how stupid the Universal title sounds, or we can appreciate what we have.

God bless The Usos.

slik
11-27-2017, 08:36 AM
They blocked me on twitter b/c I said they were bland and boring like 2 yrs ago.

Now they r cool tho. A great tag team.

Anybody Thrilla
11-27-2017, 08:47 AM
Fuck your Twitter, bitch. Usos are dope as fuck. That's your fault.

DAMN iNATOR
11-27-2017, 09:02 AM
The Usos are amazing, and it's a huge disservice to them that their best and really ONLY competition in the SDL tag division is New Day.

Is it really so hard to build teams as legit credible threats? The Usos constantly tear the roof off with great matches and promos.

Sixx
11-27-2017, 09:02 AM
I was oping this would be a thread about mullets. Like with every other thread I guess.

Shisen Kopf
11-27-2017, 09:04 AM
The Uso on the left is real good. He carries the team.

Anybody Thrilla
11-27-2017, 09:05 AM
You guys fucking suck. Appreciate The Usos right now.

slik
11-27-2017, 09:10 AM
They are good now
They used to be boring and bad
Now they are good and have cool matches tho

DAMN iNATOR
11-27-2017, 09:12 AM
I do. It's the rest of the SDL tag roster I don't appreciate, New Day aside.

At this point, The Usos should just be SDL Tag champs for life.

DAMN iNATOR
11-27-2017, 09:13 AM
They are good now
They used to be boring and bad
Now they are good and have cool matches tho

Yeah, but you weren't down since day one.

Simple Fan
11-27-2017, 09:13 AM
Always liked the Usos.

Sixx
11-27-2017, 09:16 AM
I do. It's the rest of the SDL tag roster I don't appreciate, New Day aside.

At this point, The Usos should just be SDL Tag champs for life.

What teams are out there beside those two?

Evil Vito
11-27-2017, 09:16 AM
The Usos had some good matches including bangers with The Wyatts back in 2014 but even when they were having good matches it was tough for me to fully invest because they just had such boring personalities and the crowd wound up turning on them since they tried to play up the family relationship with Reigns.

For my money they've been the most improved act since the brand split. Really being able to show off their personality. So fucking good as heels, and having killer matches all the time.

Anybody Thrilla
11-27-2017, 09:17 AM
I liked their debut when they were like "we're not typical Samoans", then they were turned face and made into typical Samoans. Matches have always been stellar, but now they're shit hot.

slik
11-27-2017, 09:30 AM
Probably the best tag team in the E currently

Anybody Thrilla
11-27-2017, 09:36 AM
The Usos had some good matches including bangers with The Wyatts back in 2014 but even when they were having good matches it was tough for me to fully invest because they just had such boring personalities and the crowd wound up turning on them since they tried to play up the family relationship with Reigns.

For my money they've been the most improved act since the brand split. Really being able to show off their personality. So fucking good as heels, and having killer matches all the time.

Those Wyatt matches were straight up FIRE. Ridiculous that the super banger was on a kick-off show.

Anybody Thrilla
11-27-2017, 09:37 AM
When you feel the hairs standin up on the back of yo neck, it's not paranoia, NO!!!!

IT'S THE USOS!!!

Promo game sick too.

slik
11-27-2017, 09:39 AM
The Uso's are currently 'that team' who I think are doing amazing in-ring work and should get a big pay-off for it, which usually when I feel that way about a wrestler/tag team they somehow end up lucky to make the WM pre-show. :/

Anybody Thrilla
11-27-2017, 09:50 AM
Fuck your negativity. I'm talking Uso props right now.

RP
11-27-2017, 09:54 AM
I WANT TO BE SPITROASTED BY THE USOS!

hb2k
11-27-2017, 09:56 AM
The Usos are outstanding. I loathe the current WWE system that keeps tag teams in the middle and away from key players, because they work, talk and act in a way I'd want to focus on more. Hook them up against Owens and Zayn for the tag titles, or have them as heels working with AJ/Naka to build up their eventual showdown...

Maluco
11-27-2017, 10:01 AM
I watched Survivor Series, which was my first event since Mania. Got an offer for 3 months of the network for 99 cents.

Hard to believe how well rounded the Usos look and act now. Always good to watch wrestle, they were boring and dull before.

Now, great personality, great look and they have a swagger and confidence that makes them look so legit. Seem to have even perfected their ring style and do a lot more stuff with personality and swagger now. They looked awesome.

Big fan, and made me want to see a heel Reigns backed up by these guys even more. Would be a real modern and progressive heel group and I think they would help Reigns look legit

Evil Vito
11-27-2017, 10:02 AM
I liked their debut when they were like "we're not typical Samoans", then they were turned face and made into typical Samoans.

I remember Tamina being with them and immediately thinking she was the drizzling shits/would be shocked if she was still there in a year. And yet here we are 7 years later.

Volare
11-27-2017, 10:02 AM
i want to see Authors of Pain vs Usos.

Nicky Fives
11-27-2017, 01:34 PM

My thoughts exactly. No one has shined more. Carmella & Braun Strowman a very distant second and third.

SlickyTrickyDamon
11-27-2017, 01:36 PM
Uso's have never been boring Usss. Deserved the ban from the Uso Penitentiary

SlickyTrickyDamon
11-27-2017, 01:37 PM
Where's Ryback now?

Anybody Thrilla
11-27-2017, 01:53 PM
What does Ryback have to do with anything?

Sepholio
11-27-2017, 01:56 PM
The Usos constantly put on incredible matches with pretty much whoever they work with. I didn't really like them as faces but they were still great in ring. Now they are just incredible. Always entertained by them at this point.

And while it does suck that the only credible threat to them is The New Day, I don't necessarily mind that. Both teams are awesome and they tear down the house when they work together.

Stickman
11-27-2017, 01:59 PM
I don't understand this Uso Penitentiary thing nor the day oneish thing at all. They act like hardened gangstas when they are he furthest from it. However, they are putting on pretty solid matches and are getting better on the mic so I am liking them.

Anybody Thrilla
11-27-2017, 02:28 PM
The Usos penitentiary was bred from a promo. "DAY ONE ISH" means that they have been down with each other since birth. As they are twins. Born together. Say they're not hard if you want, but either of them would fuck you up in a fight.

Sixx
11-27-2017, 02:35 PM
I didn't know they were twins. I mean, they look a tad alike, but pretty much the same way as every Samoan looks like another Samoan.

screech
11-27-2017, 02:39 PM
Fuckin a, we can totally talk about how great the Usos are.

In addition to what's been said, I'm really into their current theme.

I also love that they call everyone uce.

Shisen Kopf
11-27-2017, 02:39 PM
I think the Usos are getting stale. They need to add another Uso brother.

Shisen Kopf
11-27-2017, 02:40 PM
I didn't know they were twins. I mean, they look a tad alike, but pretty much the same way as every Samoan looks like another Samoan.

I didn't know that the New Day were triplets. Whoa!

Ruien
11-27-2017, 02:44 PM
Love the Usos and they are twins so WWE did not break then up yet. They have a legit dynamic together.

Anybody Thrilla
11-27-2017, 03:02 PM

Are you serious? The only reason they even look a little different now is because they've been making a concentrated effort to differentiate between Jimmy and Jey so that Shisen stops calling them both "the Uso on the left". Didn't they used to pull "the ol' switcheroo" in their initial heel run? "Twin Magic", if you will?

Anybody Thrilla
11-27-2017, 03:05 PM
Fuckin a, we can totally talk about how great the Usos are.

In addition to what's been said, I'm really into their current theme.

I also love that they call everyone uce.

That theme goes dumb hard.

Emperor Smeat
11-27-2017, 04:07 PM
Usos have been great since turning it up a notch on their heel run.

Turning heel was refreshing for their careers since like others mentioned, they became really boring or stale as a face team. Once they found their groove with the Day One Ish stuff, they became even better as a team and into one of the bright spots in the WWE.

Sixx
11-27-2017, 04:57 PM
Are you serious? The only reason they even look a little different now is because they've been making a concentrated effort to differentiate between Jimmy and Jey so that Shisen stops calling them both "the Uso on the left". Didn't they used to pull "the ol' switcheroo" in their initial heel run? "Twin Magic", if you will?

I am serious. Haven't seen much of them but one seemed like he had a rounder face. Dunno if it's the make-up or what.

Anybody Thrilla
11-27-2017, 05:04 PM
Some people are fatter than others. Even if they're twins.

Sixx
11-27-2017, 05:16 PM
That's the thing. I've never seen identical twins where one would be fat and one thin.

Anybody Thrilla
11-27-2017, 05:20 PM
I dunno if they're identical.

Sixx
11-27-2017, 05:40 PM
Oh, hey, apparently not. Different height so yeah.

Lock Jaw
11-27-2017, 06:20 PM
Usos are mad good.

They started taking off around 2014 with all those great matches against Wyatts/Shield/Cody and Goldust.

I really got into them at that time and TLC was coming up and I was like 100% sure that they would build to a three-way tag team TLC match between the three and The Usos would finally win the titles and it would be a huge moment and usher in a golden age of tag team rassling.

Instead The Usos won the titles for the first time anti-climactically on some RAW I think....

But yeah, I still really loved them at the time......

Loved them throughout their face run, even after people started saying they were stale....

Only time my love for them dipped was after one of them got injured..... once they came back they didn't quite seem to recapture that magic....

Then the brand split happened and the heel turn, and they have recaptured that magic and more.......

Too bad they split up DIY.... they would have been great to come in as challengers for The Usos....

Bad News Gertner
11-27-2017, 06:50 PM
I remember them on NXT wrestling Hawkins and Reks every week doing the "when we say U, you say Sos" to the crowd and hearing dead silence. They've come a long way .

Tom Guycott
11-28-2017, 12:47 AM
That's the thing. I've never seen identical twins where one would be fat and one thin.

I dunno if they're identical.

Oh, hey, apparently not. Different height so yeah.

One has nothing to do with the other. They can both split from the same egg and one grows taller than the other. And weight is something that's ultimately up to the individual. Having the same genetic makeup doesn't make them exact clones in perpetuity.

On that, if most things are more or less on equal footing, there is still usually a "tell" with twins, be it that rounder face thing, or a freckle, or something. My only issue is understanding *which* twin that tell denotes. In the case of the Usos, I can tell Jimmy and Jey apart, but I never remember which one is which outside of a single instance if that makes any sense. Once somebody is like "that's Jey", I can keep them separated.

Simple Fan
11-28-2017, 01:31 AM
I really liked that the Usos didn't get a quick title run when they first debuted and it really took the a while to get their first tag team championships which showed progression. After that they did fall victim to WWE not really having anything for them. Now that the WWE has let them do a bit of improv they've taken off. My dream Uso match right now is them vs Guerillas of Destiny from NJPW.

Mr. Nerfect
11-28-2017, 04:19 AM
The Usos have never been awful, but they always felt like a B-tier tag team to me until very recently. I don't even think it coincided with their heel turn. It's taken them a while to get into the groove of what they're doing, but now that they've found it they are stars.

Being twins has helped them in a weird way. If they weren't brothers, they would still no doubt be signed and pushed. They're part of that family. But the twin thing has allowed them to incubate and it's weird to think of them as two charismatic and fully developed professional wrestlers. I do wonder/worry/imagine what it will be like if/when the WWE decides to try singles runs with them. Can't you just imagine Vince realizing he has two more Romans?

As far as current talent go, they are two that really seem to have had everything click for them over the past few months. I remember when they lost on the Kickoff one year, then won another, and then I think they one a standard tag team match. I feel like this year is the year that they get a main roster WrestleMania showcase. They also probably get drafted to Raw as a promotion of sorts.

Mr. Nerfect
11-28-2017, 04:24 AM
I personally want to see The Usos feud with Randy Orton & Shinsuke Nakamura. Something tells me those things could get pretty hot.

#BROKEN Hasney
11-28-2017, 07:15 AM
Where's Ryback now?

Telling people with ethnic names they'll never be over on his podcast.

Sixx
11-28-2017, 08:22 AM
One has nothing to do with the other. They can both split from the same egg and one grows taller than the other. And weight is something that's ultimately up to the individual. Having the same genetic makeup doesn't make them exact clones in perpetuity.

On that, if most things are more or less on equal footing, there is still usually a "tell" with twins, be it that rounder face thing, or a freckle, or something. My only issue is understanding *which* twin that tell denotes. In the case of the Usos, I can tell Jimmy and Jey apart, but I never remember which one is which outside of a single instance if that makes any sense. Once somebody is like "that's Jey", I can keep them separated.

Jesus Christ. What you're describing are non-identical twins. If they're identical they will be the same height. Shit, I had non-identical twins in my school that you wouldn't tell they are related at all. And yes, I agree about weight, it's up to the individual, doesn't change the fact I've never seen identical twins where one was fat and another skinny.

Anybody Thrilla
11-28-2017, 02:23 PM
This thread is about appreciating the mother fucking Usos. Stop this now.

Shisen Kopf
11-28-2017, 02:26 PM
Id like to see one of them, the one on the left would be best, get really fat like Rikishi and the other one, the one on the right, get skinny. That way I could tell them apart. Also, bring back the face paint.

Mr. Nerfect
11-28-2017, 02:49 PM
It seems like they are trying to differentiate them more and more. Oh, and someone brought up the switcheroo earlier. I'm sure they probably did it once, but I actually remember thinking that it was odd they never did it when I saw them. In fact, Michael Cole used to go out of his way to make it sound like it was easy to tell them apart.

TSI
11-28-2017, 06:35 PM
They are the best tag team in the WWE, and quite possibly the world.

DAMN iNATOR
11-28-2017, 07:27 PM
What teams are out there beside those two?

Hype Bros

Breezango/Fashion Police

Ascension

Benjamin & Gable

Tom Guycott
11-28-2017, 11:50 PM
Jesus Christ. What you're describing are non-identical twins. If they're identical they will be the same height. Shit, I had non-identical twins in my school that you wouldn't tell they are related at all. And yes, I agree about weight, it's up to the individual, doesn't change the fact I've never seen identical twins where one was fat and another skinny.

I understand the difference between identical twins and fraternal twins. I'm talking about identical, not non-identical. BUT. IDENTICAL. TWINS. ARE. NOT. CLONES. Genetically similar, yes, but two seperate bodies still mutate. You're not born with a preset height or weight guarantee, or birthmarks appearing in exactly the same spots. Am I saying one twin will be 5ft and the other 7ft? No. But they can ultimately vary by about an inch or so. One might develop a mole under their left eye that the other doesn't. That doesn't stop them from being identical twins. What stops that is when they develop totally separate features, generally a result of starting out as two fertilized eggs in the same oven as opposed to one fertilized egg that split.

And I have seen a fat/skinny twin. The odd thing was, the "fatter" twin was cute, and the skinny one looked... kinda sickly. Like they were both supposed to be bigger (it wasn't like she was 200lbs or anything, but clearly had "more meat on her" than her sister), and one decided she wanted to see what crack was like.

Mr. Nerfect
11-29-2017, 06:12 AM
Hype Bros

Breezango/Fashion Police

Ascension

Benjamin & Gable

How could you forget The Colons?

Tom Guycott
11-29-2017, 07:04 AM
Wait... they're still employed?

Do we have to start a JTG-esque clock?

And, uh... about the Hype Bros...

Sixx
11-29-2017, 07:09 AM
Hahaha, they are called COLONS?

That is precious.

Mr. Nerfect
11-29-2017, 04:35 PM
Wait... they're still employed?

Do we have to start a JTG-esque clock?

And, uh... about the Hype Bros...

I think Carlos knows where some bodies are buried.

Cool King
11-29-2017, 04:40 PM
I'm loving The Usos. I can't think of a negative thing to say about them.

Everything they do is great.

They're quite easily the best tag team in the WWE at the moment.

Cool King
11-29-2017, 04:40 PM
I also love the way they say Shelton Benjamin's name.

Mr. Nerfect
11-29-2017, 04:46 PM
I have nothing to base this on, other than one of them stealing Shelton's Dragon Whip, but I imagine them to be big fans of Shelton Benjamin, so they are probably enjoying the heck out of working with him.

Evil Vito
11-30-2017, 09:06 AM
I appreciate the mother fucking Usos.

Arrogance
11-30-2017, 09:12 AM
Legend tag team.

Juan
12-01-2017, 08:44 AM
I have two Samoan friends who are brothers, but they don’t watch wrestling, so they don’t get my Uso WWE references. I get a good chuckle tho

Juan
12-01-2017, 08:45 AM
They don’t even know who Roman Reigns is. Can you imagine????

Anybody Thrilla
12-01-2017, 03:09 PM
Do you call them Uce?

Juan
12-02-2017, 06:36 AM
Yeah but only because they called me Uce first

Ol Dirty Dastard
12-02-2017, 10:54 AM
Wait....

Juan's not Samoan?