PDA

View Full Version : Jeff Jarrett confirmed to go into the WWE Hall of Fame.

Jordan
02-19-2018, 12:18 PM
http://www.wwe.com/shows/wwe-hall-of-fame/wwe-hall-of-fame-2018/article/jeff-jarrett-wwe-hall-of-fame-2018-inductee

RaginRonic
02-19-2018, 12:18 PM
http://www.wwe.com/f/styles/talent_champion_xl/public/2018/02/20180213_hof_jeffjarrett--b8a319af6b926e7c25d323817138f373.jpg

http://www.wwe.com/shows/wwe-hall-of-fame/wwe-hall-of-fame-2018/article/jeff-jarrett-wwe-hall-of-fame-2018-inductee?sf182508552=1

Jeff Jarrett used to have one question for the WWE Universe during his incredible career: “Ain’t I great?”

While fans responded with boos and jeers then, today, the answer is undoubtedly affirmative. As first reported by NBCSports.com, Jarrett is the latest inductee into the WWE Hall of Fame’s Class of 2018, joining Goldberg, The Dudley Boyz and Ivory. He’ll take his place in sports-entertainment history on Friday, April 6, in New Orleans during WrestleMania 34 Week.

Visit Jeff Jarrett's WWE Hall of Fame profile | Photos | Video highlights | Full Hall of Fame coverage

Double J’s road to the WWE Hall of Fame began at birth. The son of Tennessee wrestling promoter Jerry Jarrett, Jeff grew up around the industry, eventually becoming a referee before competing between the ropes at the age of 18. While many promoters’ sons had entered the ring and flamed out, Jarrett was a prodigy inside the squared circle. It was easy to see that he would be a Superstar as he competed against and alongside the likes of WWE Hall of Famers Jerry “The King” Lawler, Nick Bockwinkel and countless others.

However, when Jarrett finally made it to WWE in late 1993, he revealed that he had dreams bigger than the ring: He wanted to use sports-entertainment to make himself the biggest star in country music. Ahead of his arrival, Double J strutted around Music City, USA – Nashville – running down the country music establishment and claiming that the WWE was his road to stardom in the ring and on the stage.

Jarrett found success between the ropes, capturing the Intercontinental Championship three times during a heated rivalry with WWE Hall of Famer Razor Ramon and picking up countless victories with help from The Roadie, much to the dismay of the WWE Universe. Double J eventually backed up his big boasts about his musical prowess, releasing his debut single, “With My Baby Tonight,” with a music video and live performance at In Your House 2 in Nashville. However, after Jarrett’s WWE departure, it was revealed that all wasn’t as it seemed when it came to the hit single – Jarrett was lip-syncing; The Roadie was the voice behind the song.

Nonetheless, Jarrett continued his in-ring career in WCW in 1996, becoming one of the few proud Superstars that can call themselves a member of the legendary Four Horseman. During his year in WCW, Jarrett defeated Dean Malenko to capture the revered United States Championship.

Double J returned to WWE in late 1997 and developed a new, nasty attitude that matched the era in the company. Though he lost his long blonde locks in a match at SummerSlam 1998, it did not deter Jarrett from achieving success, whether it came fairly or by bashing his opponents with an acoustic guitar. During this stint in WWE, Jarrett captured the World Tag Team Titles with Owen Hart and claimed the European and Intercontinental Championships on his own.

Jarrett jumped back to WCW in 1999 and found his greatest success as a competitor, defeating fellow Hall of Famer Diamond Dallas Page in the final of a six-man tournament to win the vacant WCW World Championship. Jarrett engaged in rivalries with the likes of Ric Flair, Booker T, Sting and others while capturing the WCW World Title three more times before the company was purchased by WWE in 2001.

Jarrett continued to compete around the world and also began to promote shows that gave future WWE Superstars like AJ Styles, Bobby Roode and Eric Young their first major exposure.

Double J’s resume is one of the most impressive in sports-entertainment history. He’s a four-time WCW Champion, three-time United States Champion, six-time Intercontinental Champion, European Champion and World Tag Team Champion. And during WrestleMania 34 Week, Jeff Jarrett will add one more accolade to that list: WWE Hall of Famer.

Ain’t he great?

Hell hath frozen over here. O.o

Jordan
02-19-2018, 12:20 PM
http://www.wwe.com/videos/jeff-jarrett-to-enter-wwe-hall-of-fame-wwe-now

Jordan
02-19-2018, 12:21 PM
Delete this and use Ronic's thread!

Jordan
02-19-2018, 12:21 PM
I gasped audibly when I got that message from the WWE App. Crazy. Should be a fun show.

Simple Fan
02-19-2018, 12:30 PM
Wow, I wonder if some of the footage that WWE licensed from Impact has anything to do with this.

Dark One
02-19-2018, 12:54 PM
Wat

Rammsteinmad
02-19-2018, 01:03 PM
Haha, this is pretty amazing to be honest, for how surreal it seems.

Fair play to him though, for all the people that are already in the Hall of Fame, his accomplishments definitely warrant entry.

slik
02-19-2018, 01:05 PM
Will they show teaming w/ Owen or feuding w/ Chyna in his video package...they can't really use any TNA footage...maybe some of his WCW footage?

Evil Vito
02-19-2018, 01:19 PM
Holy shit

slik
02-19-2018, 01:29 PM
David Arquette vs Jeff Jarrett better be in the video package...

slik
02-19-2018, 01:29 PM
Didn't Jeff Jarrett show up to an event in Mexico drunk and start throwing Tacos at the crowd in the last year?

Simple Fan
02-19-2018, 01:38 PM
Yeah but entered a WWE sponsored rehab after that.

erickman
02-19-2018, 01:41 PM
hope lawler puts him in, wonder if they will make him smackdown or raw gm. this is where I wish this should be a surprise for raw tonight.

Sixx
02-19-2018, 01:54 PM
Fuck that guy. I never thought Vince would allow this after TNA. Then again, maybe he wants to mick him for his failure.

slik
02-19-2018, 02:04 PM
hope lawler puts him in, wonder if they will make him smackdown or raw gm. this is where I wish this should be a surprise for raw tonight.

Since every year some 'star from years past' or HOFr gets a big storyline why do I have the feeling we'll get RAW GM Jeff Jarrett after WM...

slik
02-19-2018, 02:12 PM
I can already picture now this horrible main-event of WM 35 involving Roman vs (heel) Randy Orton w/ Michael Cole awkwardly screaming 'Will The Viper put down The Big Dog", HHH (as a face) vs Jeff Jarrett (the evil authority figure) and Ronda vs someone random.

erickman
02-19-2018, 02:18 PM
Since every year some 'star from years past' or HOFr gets a big storyline why do I have the feeling we'll get RAW GM Jeff Jarrett after WM...

that an the real life heat with angle, we may see angles ex wife again.

#1-norm-fan
02-19-2018, 02:27 PM
Well that's weird.

Cool King
02-19-2018, 02:30 PM
I'm really not surprised.

Mostly because I'm finding out about it here, via the internet.

Unless it's a death, reading stuff like this on the internet just doesn't shock/surprise me. I'm sure I would have been surprised if this was kept quiet and announced on Raw tonight.

Cool King
02-19-2018, 02:30 PM
This is why I hate HOF spoilers.

It just sucks the surprise out of it all.

Sixx
02-19-2018, 02:41 PM
You think he'll get booed?

slik
02-19-2018, 02:43 PM
Nah, fans only booed Drew Carrey

Sixx
02-19-2018, 02:44 PM
Nah, fans only booed Drew Carrey

Wait, what? Drew Carey is in the HoF? Why?

slik
02-19-2018, 02:47 PM
I think he was in a royal rumble once. That's about it.

Cool King
02-19-2018, 02:48 PM
Because he was part of the 2001 Royal Rumble Match for three minutes.

Bad News Gertner
02-19-2018, 02:48 PM
Well deserved.

Sixx
02-19-2018, 02:52 PM
Because he was part of the 2001 Royal Rumble Match for three minutes.

Impressive.

I'm just reading about it. He eliminated himself. HoF worthy.

#1-norm-fan
02-19-2018, 02:57 PM
You think he'll get booed?

I don't see why. I don't think there's a fevered hatred of him within the smark audience that would be attending the HoF or anything. If anything I think most are indifferent about him.

Dark One
02-19-2018, 02:57 PM

He better be getting inducted by Puppet the Midget Killer, who some say is still masturbating in a trash can to this very day, or there is no justice in this world.

Dark One
02-19-2018, 02:58 PM
I don't see why. I don't think there's a fevered hatred of him within the smark audience that would be attending the HoF or anything. If anything I think most are indifferent about him.

Placing the over-under for "TNA" chants at 7.

#1-norm-fan
02-19-2018, 03:01 PM
Oh yeah. I forgot how much smark crowds seem to love TNA guys showing up in WWE. He'll definitely get a good reaction and a shitload of "TNA" chants.

Evil Vito
02-19-2018, 03:20 PM
I thought Jarrett was as likely to go in as Chris Benoit.

Cool King
02-19-2018, 03:22 PM
I'm sure Benoit will go in eventually.

Definitely not while Vince is still alive but probably some time after he's dead.

Probably when Triple H and Stephanie are in their 70's.

#1-norm-fan
02-19-2018, 03:50 PM
I highly doubt Benoit will ever go in.

There's no upside to warrant the bad press of celebrating a guy who murdered his family.

Jordan
02-19-2018, 03:56 PM
Obviously the estranged like Warrior, Jarrett, Hart etc... they are just estranged, Benoit is a felon, a child murderer. Let's not even go there, it's a waste of time.

I'm happy for Jarrett, he'd had a tough go of it, and hopefully this can bring him some kind of inner peace so that he can relax into his old age. I think him working for WWE is a great idea, either on or off screen.

#1-norm-fan
02-19-2018, 04:02 PM
So I think Jarrett was the final former WCW champion not to return to WWE in some capacity after the WCW purchase. (Other than Arquette)

#1-norm-fan
02-19-2018, 04:09 PM
No, wait. Even Arquette appeared at The Slammy's in 2010 apparently and had a match.

slik
02-19-2018, 04:11 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="und" dir="ltr"><a href="https://t.co/Xkew5Nl76n">pic.twitter.com/Xkew5Nl76n</a></p>&mdash; Mance Warner (@ManceWarner) <a href="https://twitter.com/ManceWarner/status/965690283609546752?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 19, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

#1-norm-fan
02-19-2018, 04:12 PM
Beetlejuice should have been WCW champion.

#1-norm-fan
02-19-2018, 04:18 PM
Beetlejuice shoots hard on John Jefferey.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hmZKB14d7Yc" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

slik
02-19-2018, 04:27 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">so that's where Vince got the XFL money <a href="https://t.co/vKkQEdkS1u">pic.twitter.com/vKkQEdkS1u</a></p>&mdash; Brian Maxwell Mann (@BrianMaxMann) <a href="https://twitter.com/BrianMaxMann/status/965638363574398976?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 19, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Dark One
02-19-2018, 04:30 PM
Jarrett 100% going to try to get everyone backstage to buy more Global Force Gold.

He'll also probably find a way to get WWE to buy the GFW trademarks, because somehow he ALWAYS manages to con people.

Dark One
02-19-2018, 04:37 PM
WWE would like to announce that NXT is rebranding to GFW, and its first special event Global TakeOver: Nashville will be headlined by the first ever "Gold Rush Ladder Match" in which six competitors will fight to be the first one to grab a 24K bar of Global Force Gold™ at which point the competitors must then fight to be the first one to put the 24K bar of Global Force Gold™ into their own personal Global Force Gold Safe.

The winner will have one calendar year to declare bankruptcy.

Stickman
02-19-2018, 05:13 PM
Wow. Jarrett was forever a midcarder with xpac heat. I guess XPac is next inductee.

Mr. Nerfect
02-19-2018, 05:20 PM
Not really that surprising, guys. He's not competition to Vince anymore and has probably been speaking to people within the company for a while, and at least since he used their rehab program. I've expected a renewed public relationship for quite a while.

Bad News Gertner
02-19-2018, 05:49 PM
Wow. Jarrett was forever a midcarder with xpac heat. I guess XPac is next inductee.

X Pac should be in. Jarrett had a fantastic career.

Bad News Gertner
02-19-2018, 05:50 PM
Also, the whole "Jarrett held the company up for money" didn't happen. It was Jim Ross acting like a child because Stone Cold didn't like Jarrett.

Emperor Smeat
02-19-2018, 06:09 PM
A little surprising but makes sense Vince's grudge with Jarrett was going to end soon considering WWE helped with Jarrett's recent rehab and he's been in a very forgiving mood the past few years.

Still funny WWE keeps using the "as first reported" tag line since that got exposed years ago as them just feeding scoops or paying for the news to be made.

Bad News Gertner
02-19-2018, 06:10 PM
I don't think Vince had a grudge with Jarrett

Destor
02-19-2018, 06:19 PM
Most shocking moment in 15 years easy

Emperor Smeat
02-19-2018, 06:32 PM

It wasn't Macho Man level of hatred where his name was forbidden in the company for a long time but the usual grudge he had whenever someone deliberately went after his money. Probably a tier lower than Warrior on the grudge scale that gradually softened over the years.

Bad News Gertner
02-19-2018, 06:36 PM
I just think it was that Jeff was the head of a rival company. He maybe had a bit of a grudge when TNA decided to go head to head on Monday, but it didn't seem like we went out of his way to mock Jarrett. He definitely could have.

Maybe we'll see Jerry Jarrett get inducted too. I wouldn't be surprised at all.

Destor
02-19-2018, 06:46 PM
Jerry actually deserves it

#BROKEN Hasney
02-19-2018, 06:51 PM
I wonder when Russo goes in, because without Russo, Double J's career probably would have stayed around the same level as a Val Venus or D'Lo Brown.

Emperor Smeat
02-19-2018, 07:01 PM
I just think it was that Jeff was the head of a rival company. He maybe had a bit of a grudge when TNA decided to go head to head on Monday, but it didn't seem like we went out of his way to mock Jarrett. He definitely could have.

They've made fun of Jeff over the years but outside the one time Vince "fired" him after buying out WCW, its been more about mocking Jarrett's status as a big star (at least in WWE and WCW). Like anytime they'd insult WCW's big stars, Jarrett's name usual would pop up under the failures.

They never went to a Warrior-like level of releasing a documentary just to mock him.

Ol Dirty Dastard
02-19-2018, 07:58 PM

Yeah... lol actually I think Prichard may have told a more accurate side to the story (and in this case he likely would have since I think he's pals with Jeff).

Bad News Gertner
02-19-2018, 08:33 PM
I guess Road Dogg cut a major promo on Ross backstage after Jarrett left because Jarrett and Road Dogg had been friends for a long ass time

RaginRonic
02-19-2018, 09:27 PM
Beetlejuice should have been WCW champion.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/1oGChHdcdFk" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Maybe this BeetleJuice instead...given WCW's booking back then, this'dve been more plausible. XD

The MAC
02-20-2018, 12:36 AM
Jeff jarrett is a like a southern HHH. Doesnt draw but works with guys that do. Nobody goes to a show to see either of these guys

Sixx
02-20-2018, 12:43 AM
I'm fairly sure there are people that go to a show to see Triple H. Jarret? Nah.

Tom Guycott
02-20-2018, 04:50 AM
Did we ever have a "James Steele" for Double J around here?

Blue Demon
02-20-2018, 09:15 AM
I pinched myself when I saw this

Jordan
02-20-2018, 03:23 PM
I'm really looking forward to his induction. I'm sure it will be Road Dogg to induct him.

EIWF
02-20-2018, 06:03 PM
Hope he wears a global force wrestling t shirt.

DAMN iNATOR
02-20-2018, 06:07 PM

DON'T P*** ME OFF!

Bad News Gertner
02-20-2018, 08:44 PM
I'm really looking forward to his induction. I'm sure it will be Road Dogg to induct him.

Lawler?

Mr. Nerfect
02-20-2018, 08:56 PM

I think this is basically it. He left the WWF on "not great" terms, and then after that was trying to get a rival promotion started and that has taken us right up until now. It wouldn't make sense to advertise or promote Jeff Jarrett as a prominent figure while he was working with or running WWA, TNA or GFW. Now he's not and now he's back.

Mr. Nerfect
02-20-2018, 08:57 PM
I'm fairly sure there are people that go to a show to see Triple H. Jarret? Nah.

Haha, no one goes to a show to see Triple H except James Steele.

Sixx
02-21-2018, 01:30 AM
Haha, no one goes to a show to see Triple H except James Steele.

You know this statement is wrong. There are marks for Triple H, James Steele ain't the only one.

The MAC
02-21-2018, 01:36 AM
HHH is fundamentally unlikable - and not in a heel heat way. He is just a put off - he is 4/10.

Jarret is the same - only smaller.

The MAC
02-21-2018, 01:52 AM
in other words - fuck HHH and to a lesser extend fuck JJ

Simple Fan
02-21-2018, 09:23 AM
Triple H is a legend and deserves to be in the Hall of Fame already if he still wasn't occasionally wrestling. One of the best in ring performers in my opinion. Always enjoy Triple H matches.

DaveWadding
02-21-2018, 10:40 AM
It wasn't Macho Man level of hatred where his name was forbidden in the company for a long time but the usual grudge he had whenever someone deliberately went after his money. Probably a tier lower than Warrior on the grudge scale that gradually softened over the years.

And Jeff Jarrett didn't pop Stephanie's cherry...

OOOHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHH

KIRA
02-21-2018, 10:50 AM
This whole thing is fucking pointless if this isnt his introduction
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/uJJ-q4dqums" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Corporate CockSnogger
02-21-2018, 02:25 PM

Who even is that Beetlejuice guy anyway? Is he a comedian or something? My favourite thing ever in wrestling was probably Jeff Jarrett hitting that guy with a guitar in like 2001 or something and I didn't even know who he was.

Jeff Jarrett as The Chosen One in WCW. Slapnuts.

Triple H
Jeff Jarrett
Test
The Miz
Kronik
Buff Bagwell
Goldberg?

What about Kronik? I loved them. How are they generally perceived?

Also don't most Internet people hate Jeff Jarrett? He's probably like my 2nd favourite heel ever.

If we got any kind of Jarrett vs Triple H "battle of the bosses" feud or whatever then I'd be right back watching wrestling.

Also Jeff Jarrett if for nothing more than calling people Slapnuts.

Fucking loved Jeff Jarrett. One of my favourite heels ever.

I wish TNA would actually become huge and be in direct competition with WWE cause I wanna see Jeff Jarrett vs Triple H in a battle of the glass ceilings. No idea who is want to win though, Jarrett could probably sway me with a "slapnuts" promo though.

Bret Hart doing anything on-screen in the past 5 years

Miss Kitty flashing her tatars at Armageddon 99? Not sure if it was 99. Think it was. Dunno.

Jeff Jarrett's rise to prominence in WCW in it's dying years.

Jeff Jarrett vs Chyna Intercontinental title feud.

The Jeff Jarrett Show

mike adamle
02-21-2018, 05:07 PM
Maybe they can book Jarrett into a retirement match at WrestleMania against Kurt Angle. Loved their TNA program.

Vastardikai
02-21-2018, 07:51 PM
Who owns the Memphis library?

Emperor Smeat
02-21-2018, 08:07 PM
Jerry Lawler owns the majority of it although some issues with rights and footage are why its never been sold yet to the WWE.

Outsider
02-21-2018, 08:12 PM
I actually quite liked Jeff Jarrett in WCW. Shame they seem to want to focus on his Intercontinental Tittle days rather than his time as WCW Champ.

KIRA
02-21-2018, 11:04 PM

I think a lot of it might be destroyed too.

Sixx
02-22-2018, 01:28 AM

Babylonians.

Mr. Nerfect
02-22-2018, 05:13 AM
You know this statement is wrong. There are marks for Triple H, James Steele ain't the only one.

It's not literally true, but it's not that hyperbolic. Triple H is one of the more over-pushed guys in history.

mike adamle
02-22-2018, 06:06 AM
Triple H carried the company on his back after Stone Cold and The Rock left, guy deserves some praise.

Evil Vito
02-22-2018, 10:03 AM
I actually think that Jeff Jarrett is basically the '90s equivalent of The Miz. An IC title-level gatekeeper who was a tremendous heel and that heel character work meant he didn't need to be more than just okay in the ring.

He was great when he wasn't meant to be the headliner/ace of the promotion, which unfortunately he was on multiple occasions post-WWF.

Ol Dirty Dastard
02-22-2018, 10:15 AM
Jarrett in his prime was pretty good in the ring. You're selling him a little short.

Evil Vito
02-22-2018, 01:06 PM
He was good in the ring, but not spectacular. But he didn't need to be because his character work was excellent and he served his role well.

Evil Vito
02-22-2018, 01:08 PM
Loved "DON'T PISS ME OFF" era Jarrett

Bad News Gertner
02-22-2018, 01:11 PM
Jarrett was great in his prime.

KIRA
02-22-2018, 02:12 PM
Jarrett in his prime was pretty good in the ring. You're selling him a little short.

Actually Miz is a pretty accurate discription of Double J

at least in terms of his function

Don't piss me off Jarrett, Quasi horseman usurper Jarrett and Country dick introduced by Tennessee Lee Jarrett were great but he was a complete fail whenever writers or himself tried to put him at the forefront of a company.

As kids we alternated referring to him a as "wanting those HHH boos" and "a poor man's HHH"

Mr. Nerfect
02-23-2018, 03:24 AM
Jarrett was much better than The Miz in the ring.

James Steele
02-25-2018, 07:51 AM
Jeff Jarrett could at least do the Figure 4 correctly.

Jordan
02-25-2018, 10:11 AM
My most beloved Jarrett program?

Raven, near the first year of TNA was ending or the second has just started. If you go back and watch the match it's nothing great but in it's time, with they story surrounding it, it was a fantastic match.

Bad News Gertner
02-25-2018, 10:33 AM
I liked his feud with Razor over the IC title

Jordan
02-25-2018, 11:48 AM
I like those matches, I don't really remember much of the feud though, beyond the RR 95 and WM 11 matches, which were solid. Let us not forget what is likely his greatest match with HBK at In Your House. I'd say there is a possibility he had a better match wit AJ or Kurt but I didn't watch enough TNA to know.

Jordan
02-25-2018, 11:53 AM
I was about 10 years old when I first watched Jarrett and I have to say that he shot himself in the foot to me by doing "The Fargo Strut" and the figure four, which to me made him (along with the bleached hair) a Ric Flair knock off. Which is unfortunate because before his WWF run, he was a hot baby face in the south. If Vince's mind wasn't so damned gimmicked they might've brought him in as an up and coming selling his ass off babyface and he could've possibly gone much higher. But I think because his family, his accent, he was destined to be a parody and a coward heel. Which he embarrassed and was always good at, Jarrett was a guy that could get heat from a live crowd. While he always suffered to me because of the mid card only booking in WWF, his WCW main event run was performed aptly on his part, unfortunate timing but that's just what happened.

Bad News Gertner
02-25-2018, 03:27 PM
Check out Jarrett in USWA 1992. His tag team feud with Lawler vs the Moondogs won Feud of the Year. Some pretty wild and crazy matches from those four.

Tom Guycott
02-25-2018, 11:11 PM

(Wall of quotes of himself about Jeff Jarrett)

Well, I guess that answers that.

Unrelated to that, two things enter my mind:

1) I liked Jeff Jarrett. As hokey as his initial gimmick was, it was annoying in the way a pop song gets stuck in your head and you start singing it involuntarily.

All things being equal, he's certainly more Hall of Fame memorable than Koko fucking B. Ware even basing things *solely* on his WWE career. With everything he's done and everywhere he's been, he's had enough of an impact (I seriously didn't mean that as a pun and just noticed the wording as I wrote it) on the wrestling business that I see no reason *why* he shouldn't have gotten the nod at all... "nWo 2000" notwithstanding.

Jarrett also was one of those beneficiaries of the Monday Night War, where his multiple jumps pushed him further up the card (I honestly felt that another person who could have gotten the same benefits if he weren't so damned loyal was D-Lo Brown), and had he not done so, feels like he would be one of those "why was he inducted?" head scratchers.

2) I guess the WWE HoF is the first place that Jeff Jarrett has gone that Jacquiline has gone first. Allegedly. :shifty:

RaginRonic
02-26-2018, 04:42 PM
Jeff Jarrett could at least do the Figure 4 correctly.

Gee...I thought someone warped a baseball bat off your head or something.

Like this below...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/XO3_VNu_y-k" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

PING!

=P

EIWF
02-26-2018, 07:00 PM
I actually quite liked Jeff Jarrett in WCW. Shame they seem to want to focus on his Intercontinental Tittle days rather than his time as WCW Champ.

Naturally, otherwise WWE would be admitting that WCW was a rival on the same level.

This way they can still shit on WCW by hinting that the IC title is higher then the WCW World title.

But thats open to opinion.

Juan
02-27-2018, 07:48 AM
Naturally, otherwise WWE would be admitting that WCW was avrival on the same level.

This way they can still shit on WCW by hinting that the IC title is higher then the WCW World title.

But thats open to opinion.

To be fair, by the time Jarrett was WCW world champion, the writing was pretty much on the wall for WCW, so they weren’t much of a rival at that point.

Evil Vito
02-27-2018, 09:24 AM
I love Elias, but if he doesn't take a guitar to the head from Jarrett at some point during Mania weekend I'm going to be sad.

Luigi
02-27-2018, 01:10 PM
Very well deserved nomination.

I watched Jarrett in his prime while most of you were likely toddlers or not even born, and I can honestly say that his HOF induction was a long time coming. I am quite familiar with Jarrett's work in the AWA, along with his bouts in Japan and Puerto Rico. One of the most underrated workers of all-time.

Fignuts
02-27-2018, 08:40 PM
Need to check with Seth82 to see if he has any photos of Jarrett in his prime. So long ago. Probably really old and grainy if he can even find any.

Moose Knuckle
02-27-2018, 08:41 PM
Congrats to Jeff Jarrett on getting outta rehab, his daughter winning the regionals in basketball, and getting into the hall of fame. Sadly none of this gets him off The Disco List.

Sixx
02-27-2018, 11:40 PM
Very well deserved nomination.

I watched Jarrett in his prime while most of you were likely toddlers or not even born, and I can honestly say that his HOF induction was a long time coming. I am quite familiar with Jarrett's work in the AWA, along with his bouts in Japan and Puerto Rico. One of the most underrated workers of all-time.

You could've just said "I'm old as dirt".

Luigi
03-02-2018, 08:32 PM
You could've just said "I'm old as dirt".

I’m not even going to respond to this.

Sixx
03-03-2018, 04:00 AM
You did, Heyman, my love.

Evil Vito
03-03-2018, 11:30 AM
LOLuigi