PDA

View Full Version : Tyler Bate is incredible.

Anybody Thrilla
03-01-2018, 01:24 PM
What's his ceiling? Let's talk about it.

Ol Dirty Dastard
03-01-2018, 01:28 PM
Love when he flat out jawjacks peeps with his punches.

Anybody Thrilla
03-01-2018, 01:30 PM
Creative as fuck. Crazy that he's so young, too. I feel like the sky could be the limit if his size isn't too much of a factor. I love seeing such sharp minds at such a young age. Dude's brilliant between the ropes.

SlickyTrickyDamon
03-01-2018, 01:31 PM
Seems like he's in the doghouse for missing some WWE bookings when they tried to get him last minute.

DaveWadding
03-01-2018, 01:35 PM
his standing Spiral Tap makes my jaw drop every time.

slik
03-01-2018, 01:38 PM
I don't like the airplane spin but I dig everything else

Anybody Thrilla
03-01-2018, 01:40 PM
I don't like the airplane spin but I dig everything else

Why not? I like when he does it, then acts dizzy, then spins it back the other way.

Black Widow
03-01-2018, 02:50 PM
Another toothpick midget that's probably not nearly as good as made out to be.

Anybody Thrilla
03-01-2018, 03:20 PM
Probably not? As in you've never watched him?

slik
03-01-2018, 03:42 PM
Why not? I like when he does it, then acts dizzy, then spins it back the other way.

It doesn't seem like it hurts his opponent...just randomly spins them around for no reason...reminds me of when I RVD used to do the frogsplash and then act like his ribs were broken after hitting it every time...if it hurts/makes you dizzy don't do it....counterproductive....

Triple A
03-01-2018, 03:44 PM
Yeah every match I have seen with him has been really good.

Sixx
03-01-2018, 03:45 PM
his standing Spiral Tap makes my jaw drop every time.

Is there a video of this?

Ultra Mantis
03-01-2018, 04:17 PM
Tyler Bate is incredible, possibly the worst promo in the world though. Hopefully they can work on that with him at the performance centre, even if they don't he could easily be an IC title level work rate kind of guy. He's amazing as a tag guy too, especially when he can just let Trent Seven do all the talking.

Black Widow
03-01-2018, 05:32 PM
Probably not? As in you've never watched him?Doesn't matter.

I have seen Punk,Balor,Ziggler and Zack Ryder though.

None of them are worth the Kleenex y'all use to beat off to their matches with.

Bad News Gertner
03-01-2018, 06:40 PM
I'd rather watch Tyler Reks.

Danny Electric
03-01-2018, 06:53 PM
I have a lot of time for him, enjoyed every one of his matches I have seen and he's a local lad which is even better.
Without knowing the outcomes of what has already been filmed for the Dusty Rhodes classic I'm interested to see if they push the British Strong Style tag team. Seven is perfect as the voice for the two and they both really need a win so they don't lose any sort of credibility.

Nicky Fives
03-01-2018, 09:29 PM
Pete Dunne > Tyler Bate

Lock Jaw
03-01-2018, 10:25 PM
His matches have been good, but he looks like a right wanker. Less so since he grew the beard in and doesn't just have the mustache. Sometimes his body movement and body proportions makes him look like a midget wrestler.

Otherwise, really good.

Luigi
03-02-2018, 01:05 PM
Tyler Bate is incredible, possibly the worst promo in the world though.

And there lies within the problem. So as a Sports-Entertainer - the business that he's in - no, he's not incredible. Anyone who thinks otherwise simply does not understand the business. Tyler Bate will likely just be another generic cruiserweight that outside of the IWC/Smart mark crowd, no one will care about. Paul London and Evan Bourne part deux. I would like to be proven wrong however, and I'll be the first one to admit if I am.

Anybody Thrilla
03-02-2018, 02:30 PM
Doesn't matter.

I have seen Punk,Balor,Ziggler and Zack Ryder though.

None of them are worth the Kleenex y'all use to beat off to their matches with.

Might I ask why you're posting in this thread? There's a Roman Reigns thread somewhere around here, I'm sure.

Anybody Thrilla
03-02-2018, 02:30 PM
Pete Dunne > Tyler Bate

I think I might actually agree with this. Bate has the better theme song, though.

Anybody Thrilla
03-02-2018, 02:34 PM
I'd rather watch Tyler Reks.

He was starting to get good towards the end of his run. That drop-down fireman carry from the top across the ropes was sick as fuck.

Anybody Thrilla
03-02-2018, 02:36 PM
It doesn't seem like it hurts his opponent...just randomly spins them around for no reason...reminds me of when I RVD used to do the frogsplash and then act like his ribs were broken after hitting it every time...if it hurts/makes you dizzy don't do it....counterproductive....

HE'S WILLING TO PUT HIS OWN BODY ON THE LINE!!!!!!!!

#BROKEN Hasney
03-02-2018, 03:05 PM

If RVD is hurt, just think how much the opponent is hurt.

Anybody Thrilla
03-02-2018, 03:18 PM
Yeah Slik, think about that, why don't you?

Ultra Mantis
03-02-2018, 03:29 PM
And there lies within the problem. So as a Sports-Entertainer - the business that he's in - no, he's not incredible. Anyone who thinks otherwise simply does not understand the business. Tyler Bate will likely just be another generic cruiserweight that outside of the IWC/Smart mark crowd, no one will care about. Paul London and Evan Bourne part deux. I would like to be proven wrong however, and I'll be the first one to admit if I am.

Do you even know what incredible means or is this just straight trolling?

Anybody Thrilla
03-02-2018, 03:33 PM
Latter

slik
03-02-2018, 03:44 PM
If RVD is hurt, just think how much the opponent is hurt.

Seems really dumb tbh

Just use a powerbomb or something 'less taxing'...always thought when RVD did the frogsplash too and would writhe around in agony afterwards it was goofy because Eddie Guerrero would do the same thing and be just fine...

slik
03-02-2018, 03:44 PM
But other than that Tyler Bate is good (and attractive imo)

Emperor Smeat
03-02-2018, 03:46 PM
Agree on Bate being great based on what I've seen from him so far. Also arguably the nicest person on the roster considering he always takes his time to wave and smile to everyone in the crowd.

https://i.imgur.com/4wWylIu.gif

If WWE actually manages to get a UK division going, him and Dunne are the top stars of it without a doubt. If not, maybe a US/IC title reign in the future but the Cruiser division is more likely his real ceiling in the WWE.

Anybody Thrilla
03-02-2018, 03:51 PM
Seems really dumb tbh

Just use a powerbomb or something 'less taxing'...always thought when RVD did the frogsplash too and would writhe around in agony afterwards it was goofy because Eddie Guerrero would do the same thing and be just fine...

RVD's hurt because he got higher. Also, you can't powerbomb everyone. You can frog splash anyone, though.

Fignuts
03-02-2018, 04:37 PM
Bate is really young and has plenty of time to develop his character and mic work.

Sixx
03-02-2018, 04:54 PM
Seems really dumb tbh

And Eddie is dead now, while RVD lives. WHAT DOES THAT TELL YOU!?

Anybody Thrilla
03-02-2018, 04:57 PM
...what does that tell you?

Sixx
03-02-2018, 04:59 PM
...what does that tell you?

Absolutely nothing, why?

Anybody Thrilla
03-02-2018, 05:01 PM
I knew you were joking. Just thought it would be funny to see you try and make it make sense.

Sixx
03-02-2018, 05:04 PM
Shit, I gave up too soon. :(

DaveWadding
03-02-2018, 05:18 PM
Agree on Bate being great based on what I've seen from him so far. Also arguably the nicest person on the roster considering he always takes his time to wave and smile to everyone in the crowd.

He wasn't very nice to Toni Storm when he cheated on her with a tranny.

Luigi
03-02-2018, 08:29 PM
Do you even know what incredible means or is this just straight trolling?

He’s an incredible performer but there is far more to being an incredible sports entertainer....the business that he’s in. If the title of this thread stated that Tyler Bate was an incredible performer, I wouldn’t have disagreed. Based on the vile way you hve chosen to attack me here, might I suggest that you grow up.

Luigi
03-02-2018, 08:30 PM

Is this really an appropriate thing to say on a wrestling forum? Just saying....

mike adamle
03-02-2018, 10:35 PM
Do you think he knew she was a tranny before he picked her up, or already knew it? Imagine if he was going down on "her" and that's how he found out, but kept going in the heat of the moment. Could you imagine that Luigi?

Ruien
03-02-2018, 10:39 PM
So is this another Finn Balor? Because I fucking hate Finn Balor. He's should be a mid card but is treated as someone who matters.

Luigi
03-02-2018, 10:53 PM
So is this another Finn Balor? Because I fucking hate Finn Balor. He's should be a mid card but is treated as someone who matters.

I could do without your choice of language, but I think you pretty much hit the nail on the head. Finn Balor is another guy who won’t amount to a hill of beans in this business unless he drastically improves in numerous areas.

My Final Heaven
03-03-2018, 01:47 AM
Storm & Bate reportedly broke off because she was cheating on him with UK Indy wrestler Chris Ridgeway. I guess the Tranny was his way of "trying to get back on the market" :wtf:

Danny Electric
03-03-2018, 05:00 AM
The transvestite thing is from a part of a supposed text conversation that was released. If you look closely they cut out from where it says 'Tyler, bud ' so I'll take it with a pinch of salt.

Bad News Gertner
03-03-2018, 07:54 AM
Lol he's 5"7! Put this midget on 205 Live.

Black Widow
03-03-2018, 10:35 AM
Might I ask why you're posting in this thread? There's a Roman Reigns thread somewhere around here, I'm sure.Yet I'm sure you have posted in a Reigns thread stating you don't like him.

Nice logic

Is this really an appropriate thing to say on a wrestling forum? Just saying....They know what comes with territory soon as they get in the public eye.

Anybody Thrilla
03-03-2018, 04:09 PM
Yet I'm sure you have posted in a Reigns thread stating you don't like him.

Nice logic

They know what comes with territory soon as they get in the public eye.

Show me this post you speak of. I don't even dislike Roman Reigns.

Anybody Thrilla
03-03-2018, 04:10 PM
Lol he's 5"7! Put this midget on 205 Live.

That would be fine. That show has been a lot of fun lately, and he'd fit well there.

Black Widow
03-04-2018, 05:23 AM
Show me this post you speak of. I don't even dislike Roman Reigns.Well you like this Bate guy and telling me to find a Reigns thread would imply you don't.

Sixx
03-04-2018, 05:29 AM
Well you like this Bate guy and telling me to find a Reigns thread would imply you don't.

Don't you mean it would imply he does? You know, does dislike Reigns?

Anybody Thrilla
03-04-2018, 05:42 AM
Well you like this Bate guy and telling me to find a Reigns thread would imply you don't.

No. I just know that you like Roman Reigns, so I thought maybe you could go post about him somewhere. I didn't imply anything.

Anybody Thrilla
03-04-2018, 05:46 AM
What I DO know is that I'm at least familiar with Reigns' work.

Fignuts
03-04-2018, 05:56 AM
Widow unfortunately doesn't seem very familiar with the English language.

Danny Electric
03-08-2018, 12:59 PM
So Moustache Mountain got dropped from the Dusty Rhodes Classic, does anybody know why ?

KIRA
03-08-2018, 02:06 PM
So the guy has a type big deal all are welcome on Mustache Mountain

I'm more freaked out by his weird proportions

Black Widow
03-08-2018, 02:28 PM
Widow unfortunately doesn't seem very familiar with the English language.unfortunately your dad didn't seem very familiar with the pullout method.

Ultra Mantis
03-08-2018, 05:52 PM
So Moustache Mountain got dropped from the Dusty Rhodes Classic, does anybody know why ?

Bate tweaked his ankle at a show on Saturday apparently. Really bad timing because they were very likely booked to win it.

Danny Electric
03-08-2018, 06:55 PM
Bate tweaked his ankle at a show on Saturday apparently. Really bad timing because they were very likely booked to win it.

That is bad timing , I had read somewhere that they were favourites.

SlickyTrickyDamon
03-08-2018, 07:16 PM

What?