PDA

View Full Version : Battle for Middle Earth

Requiem
05-28-2004, 01:48 AM
Has anyone else been as interested in this game as I have?

They seem to be creating quite the new bit of stuff never before seen in a RTS before. Units with more sensible AI, personality, and HUGE-scale battles all wrapped into one game.

The videos on it's official website look verrry nice.

LoDownM
05-28-2004, 02:53 AM
Yes, this is a game, I will not hesitate to wait outside of Best Buy for overnight.

Requiem
05-28-2004, 02:57 AM
Yes, this is a game, I will not hesitate to wait outside of Best Buy for overnight.

Could just go to Wal*Mart, as I'm sure they'd get it as well, and the supercenters are open 24 hours a day :)

DS
05-28-2004, 11:43 AM
Wal-Mart won't get it until about a week after it's release. If that.

packt up
05-28-2004, 02:01 PM
Holy shit at the screenshots.

Is it just a straight up RTS or is there some sort of RPG element? What kind of spec are they asking for :$.

LoDownM
05-28-2004, 04:03 PM
I have no intention of waiting over night at a Best Buy for it, depending on the date, i'll get it on release day.

Requiem
05-28-2004, 04:44 PM
Holy shit at the screenshots.

Is it just a straight up RTS or is there some sort of RPG element? What kind of spec are they asking for :$.

I'm thinking just RTS, but the depth is amazing. In one of the videos, they caught the wooden part on top of those giant elephants on fire, and the thing went on a rampage killing anything in its path. Another video had an ent picking up a huge boulder, and as soon as he lifted it the units just scattered and ran like hell.

Just the overall SIZE of the battles looks amazing. I'm wondering how you'll be able to control that many units at a time, unless you control them in groups or something.

AareDub
05-29-2004, 02:52 AM
I kept watching the videos trying to figure out what type of control system it would have and I'm stumped. It looks far more in depth than the basic RTS. This game definitely has my interest.