PDA

View Full Version : Brock Re-Signs With WWE

#BROKEN Hasney
04-09-2018, 05:12 PM
BREAKING: #UniversalChampion @BrockLesnar re-signs with @WWE and will defend his championship against @WWERomanReigns in a #SteelCage match at WWE Greatest Royal Rumble! #WWEGRR

Wondering if this is just a short term deal with that Saudi money to out over the GREATEST ROYAL RUMBLE and drop the belt there or what.

Sepholio
04-09-2018, 05:14 PM
YAY!

Brock vs Roman again!!!! Just what I always wanted!!! Super stoked!!! And in a cage too!!!! EVEN BETTER!!!

Ol Dirty Dastard
04-09-2018, 05:15 PM
maybe brock will only hit f5s this time.

Dark One
04-09-2018, 05:18 PM
$100 says they do the rematch in Saudi Arabia where people will cheer the shit out of Roman.

Told all you motherfuckers.

#1-norm-fan
04-09-2018, 05:20 PM
BREAKING: #UniversalChampion @BrockLesnar re-signs with @WWE

Awesome news

and will defend his championship against @WWERomanReigns in a #SteelCage match at WWE Greatest Royal Rumble! #WWEGRR

Oh, fuck you, WWE.

Frank Drebin
04-09-2018, 05:24 PM
Am I the only one who was kinda hoping Brock would leave or at least be totally cool with it if he did? :-\

Ruien
04-09-2018, 05:34 PM
He will probably be gone after the ppv. And yes, I am fine with it.

Ruien
04-09-2018, 05:34 PM
If fuckers like Poit and Slik didnt boo Reigns at Mania then we would not have had to have a rematch. But nooo. Assholes.

Ruien
04-09-2018, 05:35 PM
Just cant let a guy get his Mania moment.

Sixx
04-09-2018, 05:35 PM
Is this seriously called WWE Greatest Royal Rumble?

Can't wait for Uber Leet Survivor Series and Super Tight Wrestlemania.

Dark One
04-09-2018, 05:40 PM
Is this seriously called WWE Greatest Royal Rumble?

Can't wait for Uber Leet Survivor Series and Super Tight Wrestlemania.

Nah man

RECORD BREAKING ULTIMATE THRILLRIDE Wrestlemania in 2019

Dark One
04-09-2018, 05:43 PM
Going to have Wrestlemania 34-2: The Reckoning on the other side of the world just so they can get Roman's title win with cheers in the background for video packages.

Sixx
04-09-2018, 05:45 PM
By the way, why is Cena fighting Triple H? Is there even a storyline or is it just "let's bore those towelheads with one of THOSE!"

Emperor Smeat
04-09-2018, 05:45 PM
Going to laugh if WWE ends up coronating Reigns at the Saudi Rumble instead of Mania. Not only would it be another Mania build wasted for Reigns, it only happens because of the boat load of money they are getting from this Saudi deal and show.

Wouldn't be surprised if they are still that stubborn or insecure about Reigns crowd reactions and figured this show is going to be a lot more receptive to the forced reactions they want for Reigns.

Dark One
04-09-2018, 05:47 PM
figured this show is going to be a lot more receptive to the forced reactions they want for Reigns.

Ding ding ding

slik
04-09-2018, 05:59 PM
He's probably only resigned for like two months, time to crown Roman as the face of WWE in Saudi Arabia.

Emperor Smeat
04-09-2018, 06:01 PM
Ding ding ding

The worst part is WWE has to know by now Reigns' booking is the main reason why their plans keep failing but they stubbornly don't want to do long term fixes needed for him.

Instead they keep going for the cheap cheers which falls apart once the crowd becomes aware or his booking goes right back to normal.

Gerard
04-09-2018, 06:01 PM
Great, a few more years of the tubby part timer busting out 3 unique moves per match and repeating them over and over and over and over. :roll:

What drug is Vince on to think this wanker is worth the money? He's been nothing but a lazy slob throughout his time with wwe over the last few years.

Dark One
04-09-2018, 06:03 PM
The worst part is WWE has to know by now Reigns' booking is the main reason why their plans keep failing but they stubbornly don't want to do long term fixes needed for him.

Instead they keep going for the cheap cheers which falls apart once the crowd becomes aware or his booking goes right back to normal.

Flash forward one month:

"WWE would like to announce the Raw brand will now be exclusive to India and Saudi Arabia."

RP
04-09-2018, 06:06 PM
another year of suck. Cool

owenbrown
04-09-2018, 06:13 PM
Jesus H. Christ :nono:

Shisen Kopf
04-09-2018, 06:18 PM
THIS IS AWESOME!

Gerard
04-09-2018, 06:27 PM
THIS IS AWFUL!

:yes:

Mr. Nerfect
04-09-2018, 06:37 PM
I'm glad this is happening. Brock is a god. The Saudi Arabia/face thing is interesting. Honestly, I think it is too transparent for them. Crowds in the US will see right through it and no one is going to cheer Roman. I don't get the point of the "coronation." But then again, I half-expected them to keep the belt on Brock until Money in the Bank until Brock has beaten Punk's run and goes into Chicago all "Yeah, I'm better" and the crowd try to cheer anyone in front of him.

I dunno, I honestly see Brock keeping this run going. Why not just do Brock vs. Roman in a rematch in Saudi and have Roman beat him as the conquering champion?

Helmsphere
04-09-2018, 06:38 PM
Clearly we al know Nicolas is going to be the one who finally ends Brocks run when he turns 18

Mr. Nerfect
04-09-2018, 06:50 PM
I wouldn't put it past him to beat Brock Lesnar, but he's losing before then. Maybe to Nicholas when he turns 12.

Shisen Kopf
04-09-2018, 07:07 PM
:yes:

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/019/425/bigbork.gif

Emperor Smeat
04-09-2018, 09:50 PM
Based on some reports, seems Lesnar's new deal is just for the Saudi show and maybe one RAW appearance.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">My understanding is Lesnar signed for one more match. Audible called by Vince during the match last night when Roman wasn’t getting over at all. Now Lesnar will lose the belt in front of a more conducive audience.</p>&mdash; Jeremy Botter (@jeremybotter) <a href="https://twitter.com/jeremybotter/status/983459073826881540?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">April 9, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">There may be an extra TV appearance in the deal, but at most I’m told this is a two appearance deal.</p>&mdash; Jeremy Botter (@jeremybotter) <a href="https://twitter.com/jeremybotter/status/983459350613233664?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">April 9, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Mr. Nerfect
04-09-2018, 09:55 PM
Do they know for sure that Brock is going to get booed whereas Roman gets cheered in Saudi?

Bad News Gertner
04-09-2018, 10:03 PM
Go read any WWE "marky"facebook page and you'll have your answer

Luigi
04-10-2018, 01:07 AM
Great, a few more years of the tubby part timer busting out 3 unique moves per match and repeating them over and over and over and over. :roll:

What drug is Vince on to think this wanker is worth the money? He's been nothing but a lazy slob throughout his time with wwe over the last few years.

I’m not sure the exact details of Brock’s contract, but it’s likely a short term one. The plan looks like it will still be for Roman to go over Brock. The WWE has invested too much time and money into Roman, and they need a big name like Brock to put him over clean. It’s also possible that Brock’s age has more to do with his decline in performance rather than his perceived laziness. He’s 40.

Luigi
04-10-2018, 01:12 AM
As far as Roman goes, I think his loss to Brock at Mania might have been related to the rumoured steroid scandal.....and that this was the WWE’s way of telling Roman to keep his eye on the ball and not take his position for granted. I know most on here don’t want Roman to be the top guy, but there literally is no one else that can fill that role. The only other guy is Daniel Bryan, but he needs to be built up again first.....and must prove that his health can hold up. If his health can hold up, then maybe you can have him go over Reigns at Mania next year. I don’t watch Smackdown and so I’m not overly familiar with Rusev, but I heard that he’s been getting great pops. Perhaps a properly built up Rusev can challenge Reigns for the top baby face spot in the company one day.

Mr. Nerfect
04-10-2018, 01:13 AM
Go read any WWE "marky"facebook page and you'll have your answer

Ha, fair enough. Okay, so even if Vince gets his way and the least progressive country in the world cheers Reigns winning the belt -- how does this help Reigns in the United States? The fans are still going to be boo him on Raw. It seems very nose despite your babyface.

Shadrick
04-10-2018, 08:04 AM
Am I the only one who was kinda hoping Brock would leave or at least be totally cool with it if he did? :-\

I didn't want him there anymore. I'm over it honestly.

Mr. Nerfect
04-10-2018, 09:13 AM
If he went away, I would miss him fairly quickly. It's nice to have a man in the house.

Mr. Nerfect
04-10-2018, 09:20 AM
Apparently Brock got everything he wanted in his contract -- including Heyman as a manager. Hopefully he also got him creative control...

#BROKEN Hasney
04-10-2018, 09:34 AM

Pretty much. I'm hoping this contract is as rumored to only be 3 dates or whatever and then he can fuck off.

Danny Electric
04-10-2018, 06:17 PM
It's bad when your champion isn't even on the biggest Raw of the year.

Gerard
04-10-2018, 06:23 PM
https://i.imgur.com/dpdd0FU.jpg

Nice choppers Brock. :eek::wtf:

Bad News Gertner
04-10-2018, 06:39 PM
Ha, fair enough. Okay, so even if Vince gets his way and the least progressive country in the world cheers Reigns winning the belt -- how does this help Reigns in the United States? The fans are still going to be boo him on Raw. It seems very nose despite your babyface.

Oh it definitely doesn't, but if Vince is looking for a big pop when Roman beats Brock, the Middle East for whatever reason is the place to do it.

In between posting " nice bobs and vagene" on every white girls picture on facebook, they proclaim their love for Roman Reigns.

Ol Dirty Dastard
04-10-2018, 06:44 PM
In between posting " nice bobs and vagene" on every white girls picture on facebook, they proclaim their love for Roman Reigns.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Ol Dirty Dastard
04-10-2018, 06:50 PM
Is Roman Vince's spirit animal?

Mr. Nerfect
04-10-2018, 08:46 PM
Oh it definitely doesn't, but if Vince is looking for a big pop when Roman beats Brock, the Middle East for whatever reason is the place to do it.

I'm sure you're right about that pop, but I just don't get it. Why? What's it going to do to challenge perception and stuff? Unless he's planning on setting up a territory in Saudi Arabia and sends Reigns there to be the champion and have hotels named after him. But he also could have just sent him there as champion. Something sounds weird. I'm not convinced Roman is winning.

Mr. Nerfect
04-10-2018, 08:47 PM
Is Roman Vince's spirit animal?

Seriously though, he has to know this hasn't worked. Is he just a stubborn prick that won't admit he picked the wrong guy for the wrong role (or the right guy for the wrong goal, or whatever), or does he actually still believe?

Bad News Gertner
04-10-2018, 09:25 PM
I'm sure you're right about that pop, but I just don't get it. Why? What's it going to do to challenge perception and stuff? Unless he's planning on setting up a territory in Saudi Arabia and sends Reigns there to be the champion and have hotels named after him. But he also could have just sent him there as champion. Something sounds weird. I'm not convinced Roman is winning.

Im extremely convinced he's winning and the location in 100% the reason why

Luigi
04-10-2018, 10:10 PM
Seriously though, he has to know this hasn't worked. Is he just a stubborn prick that won't admit he picked the wrong guy for the wrong role (or the right guy for the wrong goal, or whatever), or does he actually still believe?

Here’s the thing though - if not Roman, then who? Who is capable of being the WWE’s top face? Daniel Bryan is the obvious answer but he needs to prove that he can hold up health-wise. Rusev is getting nice pops but I think management sees too many holes in his in-ring and out-of-ring conduct. Braun is nowhere near close unfortunately.

Mr. Nerfect
04-10-2018, 10:18 PM
Im extremely convinced he's winning and the location in 100% the reason why

You're probably right. It just makes zero sense to me. What good is that pop? Maybe I can see value in giving Saudi a "moment." I dunno, I'm curious to see how ticket sales go.

Bad News Gertner
04-10-2018, 10:43 PM
Because Vince knows Roman will get booed everywhere else and he's dead set on Roman being a face. He'll show that replay winning the title in front of tens of thousands of screaming fans every chance he gets.

Mr. Nerfect
04-10-2018, 11:00 PM
I can imagine the replays, but isn't that just going to get him booed more? My gripe is more with the patterns of Vince McMahon's thinking than the accuracy of your prediction -- I think you're right, haha.

Tom Guycott
04-11-2018, 12:00 AM
Going to have Wrestlemania 34-2: The Reckoning on the other side of the world just so they can get Roman's title win with cheers in the background for video packages.

Also added: Cena vs The Rock 3: Once In A Lifetime For The First Time For The Last Time Until Next Time Rematch/Redux/Reuse/Recycle

Addendum: I forgot to mention that this will be a 2 out of 3 falls match (that of course goes to the third fall) WITH A NEVER DONE BEFORE IN THE HISTORY OF WWE break between the falls which will be filled with other matches on the card.

:WWE package announcer voice: That's right, that means that this ONCE IN A LIFETIME matchup... will not only happen again... but will happen... THREE TIMES... THE SAME NIGHT!

Tom Guycott
04-11-2018, 12:32 AM
Here’s the thing though - if not Roman, then who? Who is capable of being the WWE’s top face? Daniel Bryan is the obvious answer but he needs to prove that he can hold up health-wise. Rusev is getting nice pops but I think management sees too many holes in his in-ring and out-of-ring conduct. Braun is nowhere near close unfortunately.

But any of them would be fine.

Again, so much has been banked on Roman that I'm willing to think, like Noid said, Vince is just being obstinate. And all of that could have been remedied if they just turned him heel like two years ago. Let him take that journey to being booed and come back to a path of redemption. Instead, they shoved him down the road they were shoving All Botch Everything, but with more unrelenting force because he's a guy (and a lot less wincing cringes because, outside of his shortcomings, he is actually competent in the ring).

The shit wrote itself, and all they had to do was guide him down a similar path as they guy they so want to compare him to: The Rock. If they had turned him heel, had him side with The Authority, and possibly oust Rollins as "the man" when Seth was teetering on the outs with them/going to his face turn. Change all that heat from him being the blatant golden boy to real, useable heat. Inevetable screw over and feud with HHH would have scrubbed him clean again.

Now imagine that instead of joining The Nation and cutting the "Die Rocky Die...?" promo, they just continued to put Rocky Miavia in grass skirts and smile and book a venue outside the country to make him fit the narative they were pushing with him for about three more years. It wouldn't have made sense then, and it isn't making sense now with Roman. He had the potential to be the hottest heel in the company, but they were so eager for him to just be swapped into Cena's position seamlessly, they weren't willing to make the easiest, simplest, and most logical step possible to help turn him into a licence to print money later.

It is another one of those things where it is like WWE forgot what even got them to their own prominence.

- Also, on a side note about Rusev: he is yet another guy I haven't been the biggest advocate for ever, but that was mostly because of the company and their presentation. If he were even as half as over when he first showed up on the roster as Vince's generic foreign heel #582 as he is right now, you bet your ass he'd be carrying the company as a world champion. But because he got over by "accident", they're going to leave the fans wondering why he isn't getting pushed further.

Mr. Nerfect
04-11-2018, 12:58 AM
I'd laugh if Brock holds the Universal Title for 736 days in order to drop it to Bobby Lashley at WrestleMania 35.

Luigi
04-11-2018, 02:49 AM
Cesaro + Zeb Colter + Jack Swagger theme music = should have been a huge baby face.

If there ever was one thing that the WWE royally fucked up, it was Cesaro. The dude was so over as a face 4 years ago. His spinning airplane move, his natural build up, his physique, his wrestling ability......everything. The only thing he lacked was mic skills, but that’s where Colter could have come in. The “We the people” shtick was over big time. It’s likely too late for Cesaro, but man.....I can’t help but wonder if the WWE brought that back. Have someone like Austin come back to RAW to slap some sense into Cesaro, and get Cesaro to where he was 4 years ago. Have Austin be his mentor or something.

Tom Guycott
04-11-2018, 04:13 AM
I'd laugh if Brock holds the Universal Title for 736 days in order to drop it to Bobby Lashley at WrestleMania 35.

Doesn't Punk still hold the reign record? If so, this wouldn't be surprising, either. They've already proven how petty they can be over this type of shit, justified or not.

Mr. Nerfect
04-11-2018, 05:11 AM
Doesn't Punk still hold the reign record? If so, this wouldn't be surprising, either. They've already proven how petty they can be over this type of shit, justified or not.

Not the record, but "for the modern era." The longest reign since Hulk Hogan or whatever. Brock beats it one week before Money in the Bank in Chicago. If someone has pointed this out to Vince...

Swiss Ultimate
10-27-2018, 08:51 PM

The first time Noid mentioned Saudi Arabia in TPWW.

Mr. Nerfect
10-28-2018, 12:52 AM
Yeah? I don't think I've had a reason to bring it up in a wrestling context.

xrodmuc316
10-29-2018, 01:11 AM
Yeah? I don't think I've had a reason to bring it up in a wrestling context.

They really oversold that show. Went in like "wow we are getting a 2nd Wrestlemania this year with a bonus Royal Rumble", then it was just the longest house show ever.

Dean Cain
10-29-2018, 01:56 AM
Wow first post!!! :D

I’m excited to be here and greatly look forward to contributing to the forums. Just so everyone knows, I’m not actually the real Dean Cain from the hit 90’s show, “Louis and Clark - The Adventures of Superman.’ With Roman Reigns on the shelf now, I really think the WWE should try and sign Brock long term and make him the new #1 babyface....atleast until the WWE develop someone new to take that role. I don’t think Elias will work as a face and there really isn’t anyone else.

LibSuperstar
10-31-2018, 02:08 PM
I'd say Rollins or Strowman.

Wow first post!!! :D

I’m excited to be here and greatly look forward to contributing to the forums. Just so everyone knows, I’m not actually the real Dean Cain from the hit 90’s show, “Louis and Clark - The Adventures of Superman.’ With Roman Reigns on the shelf now, I really think the WWE should try and sign Brock long term and make him the new #1 babyface....atleast until the WWE develop someone new to take that role. I don’t think Elias will work as a face and there really isn’t anyone else.

Welcome! When did you start watching wrestling?

Dean Cain
10-31-2018, 02:36 PM
I'd say Rollins or Strowman.

Welcome! When did you start watching wrestling?

Thank you LibSuperstar. I started watching shortly before Wrestlemania 13. Austin-Bret was what made me a fan, and is in my opinion, the greatest match of all-time. As far as this topic goes, I think pushing Strowman will hurt him more than help him. There's a difference between being popular, and being pushed as THE guy. I don't think Strowman has the talent or personality to be the top guy. He's pretty much what Roman Reigns was 4-5 years ago. Remember when Batista and Roman were the final two guys left in the Royal Rumble and people were cheering Roman? Everyone thought Roman was over? Roman was getting cheered because they hated Batista, not because they absolutely love Reigns. Seth Rollins isn't a bad choice for being the top guy, but definitely stay away from Braun.

Big Vic
10-31-2018, 03:19 PM
Will Brock face DC in the UFC?

LibSuperstar
11-01-2018, 12:37 AM
Thank you LibSuperstar. I started watching shortly before Wrestlemania 13. Austin-Bret was what made me a fan, and is in my opinion, the greatest match of all-time. As far as this topic goes, I think pushing Strowman will hurt him more than help him. There's a difference between being popular, and being pushed as THE guy. I don't think Strowman has the talent or personality to be the top guy. He's pretty much what Roman Reigns was 4-5 years ago. Remember when Batista and Roman were the final two guys left in the Royal Rumble and people were cheering Roman? Everyone thought Roman was over? Roman was getting cheered because they hated Batista, not because they absolutely love Reigns. Seth Rollins isn't a bad choice for being the top guy, but definitely stay away from Braun.

He's more fit for the Andre special attraction role. I missed Reigns' rise but from what I gather the booing was due to Bryan getting eliminated. Rollins reportedly sells tickets and the Cage Match main event advertised for the MSG house show seems to corroborate that. But what a great intro to wrestling you got!