PDA

View Full Version : RE: Worst stunner

Savio
05-28-2004, 05:22 PM
Shawn micheals got stunnerd fell down got up then fell down again.

Lara Emily
05-28-2004, 05:27 PM
Did he know? How interesting :p

sensai86
05-28-2004, 07:49 PM
All of Austin's stunners from the begining of his era was bad because he never let go of the oppenents neck.

Ex.(Vince)when he was stunned the first time Austin held on to his neck and Vince fell in front of him.

(Jake "the Snake" Roberts)At the final match of King of the Ring, the stunner may have not look as flashly as it does now, but again he holds on to the neck with Roberts head crashing on Austin's shoulder.

(Sgt.Slaughter)What I belive was the worst.When doing the the stunner he went head first with his legs still in the air.

HankScorpio
05-29-2004, 11:50 AM
Shawn micheals got stunnerd fell down got up then fell down again.

was it like a Flair fall?you know,when Flair gets hit and just falls on his face?
I've noticed that HHH and Orton have started doing that aswell

Wildcat789
05-29-2004, 11:59 AM
was it like a Flair fall?you know,when Flair gets hit and just falls on his face?
I've noticed that HHH and Orton have started doing that aswell

It's actually called The Flair Flop. Just a bit of useless information for you :cool: .

HankScorpio
05-29-2004, 12:12 PM
hahaha, the perfect name

Gerard
05-29-2004, 12:13 PM
Probably woulda looked funny if some of the opponents reacted with the flair flop. I remember some people taking the stunner and staggering around the ring then taking another which layed them out though.

Can't stand the way the rock sells the stunner though, you could probably get hit by a speeding car and not get sent flying as far as the rock does.

CBright7831
05-29-2004, 12:18 PM
I do then Flair flop perfectly on my trampoline. I wish I could say the same when I do it on concret (I don't fall on my face, don't worry).

Anyway, as for worst stunner, it was on a ref in 1999. It was one week after the higher power thing, and Austin was in a pissed off mood and during the night, he would come out for no apparent reason at all and stun everybody and beat the hell out of them.

In the main event, Chyna defeated Val Venis to push herself into a spot at the King of the Ring. Val and Triple H (who helped Chyna pull off the victory) were brawling and then you guessed it *glass breaks* and Austin comes rushing out.

He stuns Val, I don't know if he got to Trips or Chyna, but all of these refs start coming in and Austin stuns them all. But one of them, he kicked in the stomach and tried to Stun but the ref didn't go down. It was hilarious. Austin stunned him again, and he got it right that time, but a "loley" ref basically no sold the Stunner.

wheresmaven
05-29-2004, 12:32 PM
I agree that Austin has had his fair share of bad stunners. But half of that blame HAS to go to his opponent. Either they milk the effect (ie the Rock doing backward rolls across the ring then doing his little twitchy thing while lying there) OR their not sure how to land during the 'stun'. Kane, Bret Hart, and Undertaker probably had the best 'stunners'. Each knew how to tuck their knees up and not jump up in the air while their head is on Austin's shoulder (ie Sgt. Slaughter, Vince McMahon).
But one that stands out with 'Flair Flop' is Kurt Angle. Austin hits the stunner, Angle stands up, wobbles around for a second, then flops down. Sort of a delayed reaction stunner. Hilarious.