PDA

View Full Version : So I just snagged a wavebird...

Kane Knight
05-30-2004, 07:07 PM
And it's fucking awesome.

I remember someone made mention of a charger pack designed for it though. Anyone got a name I could look up? The one thing I don't like is the concept of having to change batteries a lot.

Requiem
05-30-2004, 07:11 PM
Huh?

Buzzkill
05-30-2004, 07:15 PM
Wavebirds are fuckin great, I love mine.

loopydate
05-30-2004, 07:53 PM
I like mine, too, but I wish it had a Rumble feature.

The Destroyer
05-30-2004, 07:56 PM
The batteries usually last for a while anyway. Not having cables = ratings.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
05-30-2004, 09:04 PM
Yea my friend has one and he said the batteries dont really fun out all that fast or anything

Loose Cannon
05-30-2004, 09:07 PM
I don't have pne, yet. How are these things? Like, how far away from the TV can you be until the thing doesn't work anyomre?

loopydate
05-30-2004, 09:36 PM
I can play games from my parents' bathroom upstairs (the Cube is downstairs) with the door shut. Of course, I can't see anything, but the range is ridiculous.

Kane Knight
05-30-2004, 09:38 PM
I can play games from my parents' bathroom upstairs (the Cube is downstairs) with the door shut. Of course, I can't see anything, but the range is ridiculous.
It's funny, I was just making jokes about this with my friend. "I want a controller that lets me play games from the next block..."

Loose Cannon
05-30-2004, 09:50 PM
LMAO, you really can loopy? That's crazy.

Kalyx triaD
05-30-2004, 10:14 PM
I got a 'platinum' Wavy; it rules. Besides, the Gamecube controller cords are so short a wavebird is almost a killer app.

loopydate
05-31-2004, 05:54 PM
LMAO, you really can loopy? That's crazy.
When we bought it, we decided to test it out on Mario Golf (something where you could move the controller around and not push anything without getting killed or whatever). And, lo and behold, it worked.

The Snake
05-31-2004, 06:08 PM
Yeah wave bird is a must. Especially in some of the newer party/multiplayer games. Wario Ware and Pac Man Vs being my main examples. You have to switch controllers or pass them around in these games, which usually would lead to a tangly mess. I also like the shape of the wavebird alot better, but that's probably just because its a bit larger and I'm used to the XBOX controller-S controls.

Head
06-01-2004, 02:29 AM
Meh, I can see how somebody who plays a lot of multiplayer games, or has a lot of wires would want one. I'm fine with my wired controller though, my couch is only a few feet away from my TV, and I only playe single player games on my Gamecube. Pretty much for somebody in my position, all having a Wavebird would do is make me buy batteries every so often, and take away the rumble feature which I enjoy having.

Kane Knight
06-01-2004, 02:35 AM
When we bought it, we decided to test it out on Mario Golf (something where you could move the controller around and not push anything without getting killed or whatever). And, lo and behold, it worked.
Yeah, I booted up my GC today, and decided to test it. I went to the bathroom with the sound up (so I could still hear it) and hit A a couple of times when I heard it was to the menu screen. The bathroom's prolly the greatest distance I can get in this house, so I'ma have to try it from across the street or something. When someone's around to help me. Not that I'll ever need it, ubt I gotta know now. :D

Kane Knight
06-01-2004, 02:40 AM
Meh, I can see how somebody who plays a lot of multiplayer games, or has a lot of wires would want one. I'm fine with my wired controller though, my couch is only a few feet away from my TV, and I only playe single player games on my Gamecube. Pretty much for somebody in my position, all having a Wavebird would do is make me buy batteries every so often, and take away the rumble feature which I enjoy having.
I play SP and MP. I don't sit still when I play though, and a cord this short is detrimental to my playing, and multiplayer gets insane. I'll give up rumble for the ability to play form my couch, while working out on my exercise bike, or from my computer chair if I so please. :D

The Destroyer
06-01-2004, 09:55 AM
I think a Uk games magazine tested one, one found that it still worked outside and across the road from their office, which was on the second floor. So it's definately got some range...