PDA

View Full Version : *** SPOILERS *** Smackdown in Iraq Taping Results

Kenny
12-21-2003, 06:38 PM
From Wrestleview...

- The following WWE SmackDown Tapings, set to air this Thursday on Christmas night on UPN, took place at the Baghdad International Airport in Iraq in front of numerous United States military personnel:

The APA defeated The World's Greatest Tag Team (Charlie Haas & Shelton Benjamin).

Rikishi defeated Rhyno.

Eddie Guerrero defeated Chris Benoit.

John Cena defeated Big Show.

Vince McMahon came out to the ring and started talking about how much he hated Santa Claus. A person dressed up as Santa Claus eventually came out and McMahon attacked the Santa. Santa then unmasked himself as Stone Cold Steve Austin and gave McMahon a stunner. Austin drank beer and celebrated with the crowd.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

APA defeats WGTT, Eddie defeats Benoit... I don't get that.

I assume the Austin appearance is just a cameo thing to excite the troops in Iraq.

Fryza
12-21-2003, 06:41 PM
So the WGTT got jobbed to the APA and Rhyno got jobbed to Rikishi? If it wasn't for the last two matches, I'd declare it more of a failure than it is...

TJ4LIFE
12-21-2003, 06:45 PM
i heard that austins match at wm20 is gunna b a gimmick match wiv mcmahon, if this aint a cameo, maybe its a set up?

Kenny
12-21-2003, 06:47 PM
i heard that austins match at wm20 is gunna b a gimmick match wiv mcmahon, if this aint a cameo, maybe its a set up?

Could be... to be honest that and Cena over Show are the only thing's I'm going to enjoy. I like Eddie but I think they should have Eddie and Benoit team up instead of having them wrestle hurt eachothers push.

TJ4LIFE
12-21-2003, 06:57 PM
on a different note, whens taker back wiv the old (but betta) gimmick?

TJ4LIFE
12-21-2003, 06:57 PM
respect 4 da cena backup!!!

Kenny
12-21-2003, 07:11 PM
on a different note, whens taker back wiv the old (but betta) gimmick?

I heard a few weeks before mania.

TJ4LIFE
12-21-2003, 07:17 PM
deffinatly lookin fwd 2 it. y's he out of action 4 so long n e ways?

Kenny
12-21-2003, 07:22 PM
deffinatly lookin fwd 2 it. y's he out of action 4 so long n e ways?

I'm not sure.... but I think part of it is to sell the whole "I got killed and buried" gimmick.

That's the WWE for you. From what I understand Ultimo Dragon's style isn't believeable, but killing wrestlers is.

I agree. I don't believe that a former student of Bruce Lee could take down somebody with a spinning back kick but I do believe that the Undertaker is rotting in a grave only to rise from the dead.

Kane Knight
12-21-2003, 07:31 PM
I'm not sure.... but I think part of it is to sell the whole "I got killed and buried" gimmick.

That's the WWE for you. From what I understand Ultimo Dragon's style isn't believeable, but killing wrestlers is.

I agree. I don't believe that a former student of Bruce Lee could take down somebody with a spinning back kick but I do believe that the Undertaker is rotting in a grave only to rise from the dead.

You're preaching to the choir, baby. Bruce Lee couldn't take on someone twice his size, but it's easy to survive an ad-hoc burial for weeks on end.

It's also easy to believe that Kane keeps SHRINKING, But easy to believe a woman can be blinded by an agent held in someone's mouth and allowed to wander about the WWE's backsatage unmonitored and unhindered.

TJ4LIFE
12-21-2003, 07:34 PM
uve definatly got a good point, but u have 2 think about prievious story lines being so unrealistic as well. undertaker burned kane, but now it turned out that kanes not burnt, but infact, a headcase?! makes no sense 2 me. do u think undi's old gimmick was betta n e way?

Kenny
12-21-2003, 07:41 PM
uve definatly got a good point, but u have 2 think about prievious story lines being so unrealistic as well. undertaker burned kane, but now it turned out that kanes not burnt, but infact, a headcase?! makes no sense 2 me. do u think undi's old gimmick was betta n e way?

Shit I wish they'd go back to that stuff. It was fun back then.

The Kane ending up being a nut case thing didn't screw it up too bad for me. But Kane staying in the house suffering for 2 decades thing did.

Because a few years later we hear Kane's Katie Vick speech...

"Well I was at this party..." ????

TJ4LIFE
12-21-2003, 07:57 PM
plz dont mention katie vick 4 gods sake! that was the worst thing that has hapened 2 the industry in recent memory. poor vice must be goin mad 2 have put that from pen 2 paper

TJ4LIFE
12-21-2003, 08:02 PM
lets face it, everythin was betta wen there was some decent competition 4 vince.
he isnt trying very hard because he doesnt have 2 at the moment, which kinda sux

Nowhere Man
12-21-2003, 08:54 PM
[Samuel L Jackson] "ENGLISH, MOTHER F</>UCKER! Do you speak it?[/Samuel L Jackson]

Anyways, what the hell was the deal with that show? WGTT and Rhyno having to put those godawful workers over? And I guess the whole idea for a Benoit Title push is gone for good, if he's jobing to Eddie now (no offense to Eddie, but spending the last month or so feuding with the Basham Brothers doesn't exactly say "Superstar") Should be a good match between those two, though. Dunno if I'll watch the show, but if I do, it'll only be for Eddie/Benoit.

Kenny
12-21-2003, 09:03 PM
It sounds like the show is only an hour long. There's no way there's enough to fill 2 hours. Hopefully we'll get to see a review show for 2003 Smackdown moments.

TJ4LIFE
12-21-2003, 09:15 PM
wats the best thing from sd! this year? dont recall anything exciting. plz dont make them show those god-awful piper and hogan as mr.america in the whole zach 'im a 5 minute wonder' gowen angle!

Fryza
12-21-2003, 09:22 PM
I am getting alittle tired of people kinda complaining about Benoit jobbing to Eddie. Look at it this way. Those two put on AWESOME matches together, and it isn't going to kill Benoit for Eddie to go over him once.

Just my opinion though.

Kenny
12-21-2003, 10:02 PM
I am getting alittle tired of people kinda complaining about Benoit jobbing to Eddie. Look at it this way. Those two put on AWESOME matches together, and it isn't going to kill Benoit for Eddie to go over him once.

Just my opinion though.

They definately put on some awesome matches... and I don't mind Eddie going over Benoit. I actually remember the first time Eddie went over Benoit on Nitro when Eddie used to wear those long white pants with the white tank top. Since then I've enjoyed their matches.

But... I don't understand the timing. I was thinking and hoping they would push Benoit right back to Brock and the WWE title. They were giving Benoit an AWESOME winning streek, then bam out of nowhere.

Granted though, one thing I haven't thought about is it doesn't say HOW Eddie beat Benoit. It could have been one of those things where Eddie throws Benoit a chair and then lyes down... or the Bashams could interfere and take Eddie out causing Benoit to be DQ'd.

Kane Knight
12-21-2003, 11:31 PM
plz dont mention katie vick 4 gods sake! that was the worst thing that has hapened 2 the industry in recent memory. poor vice must be goin mad 2 have put that from pen 2 paper

[Samuel L Jackson] "ENGLISH, MOTHER F</>UCKER! Do you speak it?[/Samuel L Jackson]

The CyNick
12-22-2003, 12:30 AM
They definately put on some awesome matches... and I don't mind Eddie going over Benoit. I actually remember the first time Eddie went over Benoit on Nitro when Eddie used to wear those long white pants with the white tank top. Since then I've enjoyed their matches.

But... I don't understand the timing. I was thinking and hoping they would push Benoit right back to Brock and the WWE title. They were giving Benoit an AWESOME winning streek, then bam out of nowhere.

Granted though, one thing I haven't thought about is it doesn't say HOW Eddie beat Benoit. It could have been one of those things where Eddie throws Benoit a chair and then lyes down... or the Bashams could interfere and take Eddie out causing Benoit to be DQ'd.

Yeah I didn't really get the timing of the win either.

I think this is a pretty good sign that Benoit wont be getting the WWE title anytime soon (cant say I'm shocked by that though). But if it leads to a long-term fued with Benoit and Eddie then its all good.

Kane Knight
12-22-2003, 12:47 AM

Just my opinion though.

Yeah, but as already stated, the timing's a bit fu</>cked. The guy's just gone toe-to-toe with Brock and is currently wrapped in a constant tease that he's SOMEHOW gonna get another shot (Specifically, because Brock and Heyman are saying never, and Tazz and Cole keep pointing out that he won't defend against Benoit). This just doesn't seem like the best of times to have him jobbing to someone, even Eddie.

I'm not horribly let down, but as far as sense goes, this ain't the best way to go.

Also, WTF is up with Rikishi getting a win? Isn't he brown enough to be a terrerrerrest?

c4g2
12-22-2003, 02:11 AM

Maybe to return the favour, Kane buried the undertaker, but then he returned as a shitface? :?:

Corkscrewed
12-22-2003, 02:40 AM
I still have faith that Benoit will return to the main event scene via the old chase angle where he's prevented from getting a title shot through all means but eventually does at WM.

Lara Emily
12-22-2003, 02:44 AM
I still have faith that Benoit will return to the main event scene via the old chase angle where he's prevented from getting a title shot through all means but eventually does at WM.
God I hope so.

StoneColdStunner
12-22-2003, 09:14 AM

Yes i hope so 2 i am looking forward to seeing benoit with the title :y:

Kane Knight
12-22-2003, 12:10 PM

I hope so, but having him start jobbing in the meanwhile...Doesn't make him look too strong for Wrestlemania...

Tornado
12-22-2003, 12:28 PM
<font color=#33ffff>Was the Cena/Show match for the US Title?</font>

Gertner
12-22-2003, 02:28 PM
i wonder what would have happened if tiger ali singh would have made his return?

Kenny
12-22-2003, 03:23 PM
<font color=#33ffff>Was the Cena/Show match for the US Title?</font>

I asked the same thing before the match. I don't think it was. They would ahve mentioned it.