PDA

View Full Version : Reverse Ladder Match?

The Show Off
06-01-2004, 02:48 AM
FOR THE NWA WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE
"KING OF THE MOUNTAIN" LADDER MATCH
Champion Ron "The Truth" Killings vs. AJ Styles vs. Jeff Jarrett vs. Raven vs. "Wildcat" Chris Harris

In another TNA first, a "King Of The Mountain" World Title match will take place this Wednesday night as The Truth defends his newly won gold against four of TNA's top superstars! The rules can best be described as a "reverse ladder match". When a superstar scores a pin, he is given the World Title while his opponent goes to the Penalty Box. The superstar then has two minutes to get the World Title UP the ladder to hang it before the Penalty Box is reopened! The match continues until one man has hung the gold to walk out the champion!

----------------------

I got that from TNA, now I don't watch TNA all that much, I mainly read about it every once in a while, and reading this had intrigued me... Now, this match seems innovative and all but is it just too silly? Does it seem like they're going out of there way to come up with an inovative concept. All I know is they have five good athletes in there that will make this match pretty good. It sounds like a cool concept. I'm sure there will be a lot of people getting nailed with the title belt in this one. Also it looks like a way for TNA to give Jarrett back the title, wich I think most of you will dislike.

HeartBreakMan2k
06-01-2004, 02:53 AM
That just sounds stupid.

HeartBreakMan2k
06-01-2004, 02:53 AM
Not innovative... just stupid.

John la Rock
06-01-2004, 02:58 AM
:lol: at the idea

HeartBreakMan2k
06-01-2004, 03:02 AM
Oh and it's shitty booking/general ideas like this that are the reasons TNA won't compete with WWE. (I wish they could, don't get me wrong. I just know it won't happen with crap like this.)

What Would Kevin Do?
06-01-2004, 03:14 AM
Yes, because it takes two minutes to climb a ladder.

Corkscrewed
06-01-2004, 03:17 AM
O...K.... why don't they throw in Canadian Rules while they're at it. :shifty:

(reference Lance Storm in WCW... Regal did the same sort of thing against Jericho I think too)

Shaggy
06-01-2004, 03:18 AM
sounds pretty crappy. To pull a good version of that match off would take a stroke of genious.

c4g2
06-01-2004, 03:23 AM
:| at the idea.

What Would Kevin Do?
06-01-2004, 03:24 AM
After rereading it, it doesn't sound as horrible. Ignoring the fact that they're putting the belt up instead of taking it down, what you basically have is a 5 man ladder match where pinfalls eliminate you for 2 minutes. It could actually be decent.

#1-norm-fan
06-01-2004, 03:24 AM
How about this idea! A match where the winner is the one who can hold THEIR OPPONENT on top of THEM for a three count!

Or how about a reverse cage match where the only way to win is to throw YOUR OPPONENT over the top of the cage, to the floor.

And a reverse inferno match where you have to prevent YOUR OPPONENT from lighting themself on fire!

BRILLIANT!

:shifty:

HeartBreakMan2k
06-01-2004, 03:25 AM
sounds pretty crappy. To pull a good version of that match off would take a stroke of genious.

Genious couldn't save this match. It's going to need pure and uncanny luck.

#1-norm-fan
06-01-2004, 03:25 AM
But seriously, that sounds like a match I would have made when I was 9 years old whilst playing with my wrestling figures.

HeartBreakMan2k
06-01-2004, 03:29 AM
Actually, it really sounds like a match Vince Russo would have made when he was tripping on acid.

What Would Kevin Do?
06-01-2004, 03:29 AM
Reverse First Blood match? You have to stop your opponent from making himself bleed.

#1-norm-fan
06-01-2004, 03:30 AM
Actually, it really sounds like a match Vince Russo would have made when he was tripping on acid.

A.K.A. a match I would have made when I was 9 years old whilst playing with my wrestling figures.

#1-norm-fan
06-01-2004, 03:31 AM
How about a reverse I Quit match where you have to keep putting your hand over your opponent's mouth to prevent him from saying "I Quit."

#1-norm-fan
06-01-2004, 03:33 AM
Or a reverse Bra and Panties match where you have to dress your opponent whilst they kick and scream like a baby.

DaveWadding
06-01-2004, 03:36 AM
I thought that they would start ON TOP of the ladder and try to knock the other guy down :(

What Would Kevin Do?
06-01-2004, 03:36 AM
How about a reverse Battle Royale... Everyone's on the outside, trying to throw their opponent into the ring.

Kane Knight
06-01-2004, 03:37 AM
Yes, because it takes two minutes to climb a ladder.
Well, there are still 3 other people, no?

Killings and four other people, the person pinned goes to the penalty box?

Shaggy
06-01-2004, 03:37 AM
How about a reverse cage match where you had to climb into the cage to win it.....

or.....

How about a reverse tables match where you are given a broken table and you have to put it back together before your opponent.

Kane Knight
06-01-2004, 03:39 AM
How about a reverse Battle Royale... Everyone's on the outside, trying to throw their opponent into the ring.
Or a reverse Hell in a cell? You start out on top of the cage, try and work your way into the ring, powerbombing your way up through the ceiling back to the outside?

#1-norm-fan
I thought that they would start ON TOP of the ladder and try to knock the other guy down :(

I was thinking the same thing. Like... there would have been a little ramp or something connecting two ladders and the match goes on up there like a scaffold match, only much wider. Then whoever gets control of the title and climbs down with it wins.

But then, if the title accidently falls, you're screwed.

What Would Kevin Do?
Well, there are still 3 other people, no?

Killings and four other people, the person pinned goes to the penalty box?

I misread it originally. I didn't see the participants, only the match. I thought it was only two people, which seemed fucking dolt like.

#1-norm-fan
06-01-2004, 03:41 AM
How about a reverse tables match where you are given a broken table and you have to put it back together before your opponent.

I saw that on "The New Yankee Workshop" once.

What Would Kevin Do?
How about a reverse Judy Bagwell on a pole match?

Reverse Buried Alive match. They start off buried next to each other, first one out wins.

HeartBreakMan2k
A.K.A. a match I would have made when I was 9 years old whilst playing with my wrestling figures.

:p

#1-norm-fan
06-01-2004, 03:42 AM
Or a reverse Hell in a cell? You start out on top of the cage, try and work your way into the ring, powerbombing your way up through the ceiling back to the outside?

Vince: "We're gonna need an anti-gravity machine or some upside-down cameras. Stat."

Kane Knight
06-01-2004, 03:43 AM
I think it is innovative.

Innovation isn't always a good thing. This doesn't really excite me or make me want to see the match.

I'm trying to decide what's worse...NWA coming up with new flops or the WWE rehashing the old ones...

HeartBreakMan2k
06-01-2004, 03:44 AM

Innovation isn't always a good thing. This doesn't really excite me or make me want to see the match.

I'm trying to decide what's worse...NWA coming up with new flops or the WWE rehashing the old ones...

Meh, I'd put my life savings on "A little from column A, a little from column B"

c4g2
06-01-2004, 03:45 AM
Ah a reverse Falls Count Anywhere match, which means... a Falls Count Nowhere match. :shifty:

#1-norm-fan
06-01-2004, 03:46 AM
Yeah, I think it might be entertaining just because it's something different but it should probably be a one time thing.

That being said, I'm pissed that they aren't showing this on the TV debut.

Kane Knight
06-01-2004, 03:46 AM
How about a reverse Judy Bagwell on a pole match?

Reverse Buried Alive match. They start off buried next to each other, first one out wins.
In this grave, weighing in at 30 pounds and lighter by theminute...Katie Vick...

And her opponent, weight in at 150 pounds and still ripe, Al Wilson...

HeartBreakMan2k
06-01-2004, 03:47 AM
It's an interesting concept, I can't deny that. Problem is, interesting doesn't always mean good.

Hell the idea of Kane taking his mask off was interesting... guess what, turned out to be a bad thing.

The idea of Vince Russo working for WCW was interesting... turned out to be a bad thing.

The idea of Jerry Lynn going to WWE was interesting... turned out to be carear suicide.

#1-norm-fan
06-01-2004, 03:47 AM
A reverse No DQ, No countout match.

AKA... a regular match with a cooler sounding name.

Kane Knight
06-01-2004, 03:49 AM
Ah a reverse Falls Count Anywhere match, which means... a Falls Count Nowhere match. :shifty:
BEST.

IDEA>

YET.

c4g2
A who can break through the Spanish announcers' table first match.

Kane Knight
Meh, I'd put my life savings on "A little from column A, a little from column B"
You speak the truth.

What Would Kevin Do?
06-01-2004, 03:52 AM

I think nearly any kind of stipulation match can be made good given the right people, with the exception of a few (Pig kennel match, kennel from hell match, etc.) WWE's problem is that when they rehash these old matches, they aren't always using people who can make the match good (IE, HHH vs Kevin Nash). However, sometimes the matches are good, (IE Jericho vs HHH.)

I have a feeling NWA is going to try to get the match over on the stipulation itself, and not on the talent in the ring. They should be less concerned about constantly working towards the stipulation, and instead they should focus on a great match...

Quick though on the penalty box idea. Do you think that could work for an Iron man match. IF you had a five man iron man match, and upon each decison, whoever lost the decision was removed from the match or a short period of time, would that work?

#1-norm-fan
06-01-2004, 03:52 AM
In my day we had two types of matches... One fall and Two out of Three falls. If we were lucky, we got to witness the occasional "Steel Cage" match. You kids are spoiled nowadays. :nono:

c4g2
06-01-2004, 03:55 AM
I don't think a 5 man iron man match would work out at all...

The ironman gimmick is meant to be like a 'showdown' style of match, it is supposed to show who can survive being beaten up for 1 hour and show the victor. A 5 man iron man match would be too crowded, and it would be way confusing to keep up with the scores.

HeartBreakMan2k
06-01-2004, 03:55 AM
You know what the best gimmick match ever would be... I figured it out.

Ok, you take two amazing wrestlers (We'll say Eddie and Chris B for example) put them in a wrestling ring. Have them wrestle for a good 45 mins, no weapons, no run-ins, no DQ's, no count outs, just pinfall or submission for an ending. Holy shit, I think that's just to crazy to happen. :(

c4g2
06-01-2004, 03:57 AM
#1-wwf-fan just gave me an amazing idea...

The match would be the reverse of Two of Of Three Falls, which means...

Three out of Two Falls. :wtf:

What Would Kevin Do?
06-01-2004, 03:59 AM
You know what the best gimmick match ever would be... I figured it out.

Ok, you take two amazing wrestlers (We'll say Eddie and Chris B for example) put them in a wrestling ring. Have them wrestle for a good 45 mins, no weapons, no run-ins, no DQ's, no count outs, just pinfall or submission for an ending. Holy shit, I think that's just to crazy to happen. :(

But afterwords the match is restarted with sudden death electro cage match rules, at which point JBL rushes in and destroys everyone for the win... Right??? .... Right? :roll:

HeartBreakMan2k
06-01-2004, 04:02 AM
But afterwords the match is restarted with sudden death electro cage match rules, at which point JBL rushes in and destroys everyone for the win... Right??? .... Right? :roll:

OMG, now the whole match makes sense! Let's skip all that wrestling stuff and go straight to this! [/Stephanie McMahon/Vince Russo/Half WWE booking team/All TNA booking team]

#1-norm-fan
06-01-2004, 04:03 AM
Or how about midgets running around acting crazy for like... 20 minutes.

HeartBreakMan2k
06-01-2004, 04:05 AM
Or how about midgets running around acting crazy for like... 20 minutes.

Now you're thinking like Russo, all you need to do is make sure there are like 80 swerves and you've got gold!

c4g2
The Who Can Bleed More match between Eddie Guerrero and Shawn Michaels.

What Would Kevin Do?
Actually, we don't even need a match... Let's have a HHH and JBL appreciate show... Hell, let's make it a pay-per-view.

#1-norm-fan
06-01-2004, 04:06 AM
Dusty finish to a midget match = Ratings

Kane Knight
06-01-2004, 04:10 AM
I think nearly any kind of stipulation match can be made good given the right people, with the exception of a few (Pig kennel match, kennel from hell match, etc.) WWE's problem is that when they rehash these old matches, they aren't always using people who can make the match good (IE, HHH vs Kevin Nash). However, sometimes the matches are good, (IE Jericho vs HHH.)

I have a feeling NWA is going to try to get the match over on the stipulation itself, and not on the talent in the ring. They should be less concerned about constantly working towards the stipulation, and instead they should focus on a great match...

Quick though on the penalty box idea. Do you think that could work for an Iron man match. IF you had a five man iron man match, and upon each decison, whoever lost the decision was removed from the match or a short period of time, would that work?
Yeah, the gimmick of the match shouldn't be the focus. It should be window dressing.

I think that a 5 man iron man match might be a little confusing, but that the penalty box in a situation like this might make for an interesting bit of flavor.

Goldbird
06-01-2004, 05:22 AM
The Who Can Bleed More match between Eddie Guerrero and Shawn Michaels.

The hospital is gonna run low on supplies again. :nono:

Xero
06-01-2004, 11:04 AM
You know, when I saw "Reverse Cage Match", I was thinking the wrestlers start out on top of a Hell in a Cell type cage, and must climb DOWN the ladder and grab the belt...

What about a reverse barbed wire match... Where there's NO barbed wire :shifty:

How about a reverse TLC match... Where instead of climbing the ladder, you must stack chairs and tables and grab the belt and use the ladder as a weapon :shifty:

c4g2
06-01-2004, 12:32 PM
Nooo the reverse ambulance match where you have to think up ways to get your opponent out of the ambulance...

The reverse stretcher match, where the wrestler has to nurse his opponent to full health until when he can get off the stretcher.

Goldbird
06-01-2004, 12:38 PM
The reverse last man standing match where you have to lie down on the ground when the referee counts for "10"...

Which means you have to make sure your opponent is standing... :shifty:

loopydate
06-01-2004, 01:02 PM
I figured a "reverse ladder match" would consist of setting the ladder up upside-down in a "V" shape, but that wouldn't be very sturdy. And you'd be climbing away from the belt.

Also, a reverse TLC would be: climbing a table, putting your opponent through chairs, and hitting brutal laddershots.

Jordan
06-01-2004, 02:59 PM
LMFAO at this thread, this is great.

The Show Off
06-01-2004, 04:00 PM
In my day we had two types of matches... One fall and Two out of Three falls. If we were lucky, we got to witness the occasional "Steel Cage" match. You kids are spoiled nowadays. :nono:

When I started watching wrestling we had the same amount of match types, except we had two more... Tag team match and six man tag...

Okay I'm just busting balls now..

But seriously if you look at the guys in this match if they made it just an ordinary ladder match (never thought I'd use the term ordinary and ladder match together) the match would have turned out pretty good... With this stipulation now, it's a crap shoot.

tucsonspeed6
06-01-2004, 04:06 PM
Or how about a reverse cage match where the only way to win is to throw YOUR OPPONENT over the top of the cage, to the floor.

Or maybe you fight to get into the cage....Inside could be a table with all the cakes and donuts in the world and then you starve the two opponents for weeks and release them into the open arena where they fight to get into the cage. Hmmm.....

Nah. If we starve them they'll be too weak to take bumps, and they'd probably share...or worse yet, go across the street to a McDonalds...or worst of all, they could eat...dare I say it....Steph!

....out. :shifty:

Nowhere Man
06-01-2004, 04:18 PM

Y'know, I think I really would pay money to see that. I mean, that'd be one hell of a spot right there!

Anyways, I'm not getting overly excited about this new TNA match. It's an interesting concept, and they've got some solid workers who might be able to pull it off, but I can't see this catching on. Hey, at least this way they won't have to worry about the belt falling off again and again like the first Ultimate X match.

Savio
06-01-2004, 05:12 PM
A reverse Elimination chamber match:

Where all 6 people start in the ring and every 2 minutes one person at random goes back into the little cage.

Sensei Of Mattitude
06-01-2004, 05:15 PM
it says that Killings is the Champ

I thought AJ was

loopydate
06-01-2004, 05:19 PM
it says that Killings is the Champ

I thought AJ was
IIRC, Killings won it last week or the week before.

Doesn't matter, Jarrett will win, 'cause he's the most recognizable name (arguably, but this is the way they'll see it) to have at the helm when they debut Impact this weekend.

Savio
06-01-2004, 05:28 PM
A reverse Iron man match where ummmm....

Or a reverse pink slip on a pole where you have to get fired to win.

A reverse special guest refree where 2 refree's fight and the wrestlers count for them.

A reverse hardcore match where they can only use pillows and teddy bears making it a softcore match.

A reverse Catch the midget where you have to see who can eat the most cupcakes in 3 minutes, then who can do the best impression of Drew Carey.

Shadow
06-01-2004, 05:49 PM
You guys are gonna make me laugh myself blind again.