PDA

View Full Version : Shawn Michales vs. Triple H XXXXXVVVIIIII

The Naitch
06-01-2004, 12:32 PM
Seems like ages ago, to me, when we first saw the Triple H/Shawn Michaels non-sanctioned streetfight at Summerslam 2002 -edit-

Fast forward to Bad Blood in a week or so, and we have them in Hell in a cell.

I remember watching some old clips from the summer of 2001 (mainly to look for old records of The Rock/Brock feud, which was awesome btw) and I thought the HHH/HBK feud would only be a one time thing. Damn this feud has drawn out for a long time. 2 -edit- years seems like alot to me, especially in the WWE of today.

Anyone like their feud or are you just tired of it? Thoughts?

Goldbird
06-01-2004, 12:33 PM
Seems like ages ago, to me, when we first saw the Triple H/Shawn Michaels non-sanctioned streetfight at Summerslam 2001.

WTF?! FIRST? :wtf:

Avenger
06-01-2004, 12:34 PM
Was it not 2002?

And that was my favourite match up of all-time. Can't wait for the HIAC. They should put on a great match. If you ask me you are hard-pressed to find 2 better wrestlers from the last decade who could really put out on the big match stage.

c4g2
06-01-2004, 12:38 PM
*Starts chant*
HHH SUCKS HHH SUCKS HHH SUCKS

**BOWS THE FK DOWN TO THE BOOKERS WHO HAVE MADE THIS FEUD LAST 3 YEARS, EVEN THOUGH IT'S STALE LIKE HELL

Goldbird
06-01-2004, 12:40 PM
I think this match should be the last of everything.

HIAC matches have a tendency to end a feud.

Favre4Ever
06-01-2004, 12:41 PM
Its been a good feud, a "little bit" drawn out, and if this isn't the conclusion, then i dont know if im gonna waste 2 hours every Monday night watching it.

c4g2
06-01-2004, 12:41 PM
It better ends then and there, because I'm sick of seeing both of their asses in their ring every week.

Goldbird
06-01-2004, 12:43 PM
Eh c4g2, I doubt you even watch Raw week in week out...

The Naitch
06-01-2004, 12:44 PM
oh my bad

2002 sorry

The Naitch
06-01-2004, 12:46 PM
I never watched Armageddon's 2 out of 3 falls match.

Thoughts on that match, please.

c4g2
06-01-2004, 12:46 PM
Eh c4g2, I doubt you even watch Raw week in week out...
Good ol' WWE.com reports do just fine for me, thank you very much.

CBright7831
06-01-2004, 12:48 PM
It was 2002, but it's cool.

The Naitch
06-01-2004, 12:52 PM
Lets' see here. Correct me if I'm wrong, or add in a few if some are missing

Summerslam 2002- Non sanctioned streetfight
Survivor Series 2002- Elimination Chamber
Armageddon 2002- 2 out of 3 falls match
Then throughout the spring of 2003, Trips gets involved with Nash with Michaels lurking in their business
Summerslam 2003- Elimination Chamber
Fall-Winter of 2003- They're still playing their respective heel/face roles
Wrestlemania 20- Trips/Benoit/HBK
Backlash 2004- Trips/Benoit/HBK
Bad Blood 2004- HIAC

The CyNick
06-01-2004, 01:04 PM
With the brand extension, you need to extend a lot of these feuds because there are less top guys on each show who can main event these PPVs. Thats why you see lots of rematches on PPV, and even DQ finishes.

I dont really have a huge problem with that, well the DQ thing does suck, but the theory of rematches on PPV is fine by me.

The problem with this feud between HBK and HHH is that it will never end. When they had that 2/3 Falls disaster at Armageddon 02 it was billed as thew final encounter, the end of the line. And it was...for a few months. I think the same thing will happen here. Yeah they may go their separate ways for a few months, but does anyone actually think this is the last time we'll see HHH vs HBK? I dont. If they really wanted to make this "the end of the feud" they should add a Loser Leaves RAW stip. That way, at least if HBK were to lose, he can then show up on SD, help out the blue team, and at the same time there is a real sense of finality to the HBK-HHH saga.

The Naitch
06-01-2004, 01:08 PM
How come the 2 out of 3 falls match was considered a "disaster"?

Not to debate it, just out of curiosity because I never watched it.

Lara Emily
06-01-2004, 01:15 PM
Was it not 2002?

And that was my favourite match up of all-time. Can't wait for the HIAC. They should put on a great match. If you ask me you are hard-pressed to find 2 better wrestlers from the last decade who could really put out on the big match stage.
*cough* Angle, *Cough* vs *HACK* Benoit *Cough* Royal *Cough* Rumble *cough* 2003 *cough* and that's just naming one.

The CyNick
06-01-2004, 01:19 PM
How come the 2 out of 3 falls match was considered a "disaster"?

Not to debate it, just out of curiosity because I never watched it.

It was just a really bad match, well at leats a bad match for those two guys. I mean if it was A-Train vs Test, people would have been praising it.

The problem was HHH had a bunch of injuries going in, and he had the jacked up physique which killed his abilities in the ring. Rather than cutting the match short, they went like 30+ minutes, and it hurt the quality. Show-Angle was also ont he card, and I thought that was a better match than HHH-HBK.

Avenger
06-01-2004, 01:37 PM
*cough* Angle, *Cough* vs *HACK* Benoit *Cough* Royal *Cough* Rumble *cough* 2003 *cough* and that's just naming one.
no I am talking about individually.

when they are placed in matches where they must deliver, despite the overwhelming criticism each man has received, they ALWAYS deliver;

PureHatred
06-01-2004, 01:57 PM
They always deliver as long as they are facing each other.

Let's not buy too much into the hype surrounding HIAC. HHH and HBK have had a good feud with some great matches, but that doesn't make them the best workers in the WWE or the the most reliable in big match situations or whatever you're claiming.

Angle, Benoit, Jericho, Guerrero, and some others have all come up big in big matches. They just don't get 8 weeks of hype every time they do so.

As to the topic: The feud is stale. I think it sucks that the HIAC is taking precedence over Benoit's title defene (which is apparently now about Kane being a big meany to Eugene). And as CyNick, Marky Award winner for best over-all poster, mentioned, it would be great for there to be a 'Loser leaves Raw' stip added.

Lara Emily
06-01-2004, 03:49 PM
no I am talking about individually.

when they are placed in matches where they must deliver, despite the overwhelming criticism each man has received, they ALWAYS deliver;

HHH DOES NOT!!! HBK can, but no more than Benoit, Angle, Guerrero, etc...

Fryza
06-01-2004, 04:05 PM
*Starts chant*
HHH SUCKS HHH SUCKS HHH SUCKS

**BOWS THE FK DOWN TO THE BOOKERS WHO HAVE MADE THIS FEUD LAST 3 YEARS, EVEN THOUGH IT'S STALE LIKE HELL

Stop that. :mad:

LK
06-01-2004, 07:33 PM
The match should be good considering that HHH's only decent matches since he returned have involved HBK.

Savio
06-01-2004, 08:22 PM

Then throughout the spring of 2003, Trips gets involved with Nash with Michaels lurking in their business
Bad Blood 2004- HIAC
Raw early 2004- Draw
Royal rumble- Draw

Edge
06-01-2004, 09:17 PM

Bad Blood 2004- HIAC

Backlash 2003) Booker T, Shawn Michael, Kevin Nash vs Chris Jericho, Ric Flair, Triple H
winners: Y2J, Flair and Game

Fox
06-01-2004, 09:41 PM
I really didn't think HHH vs. HBK at Armageddon was all that bad of a match. It didn't have the story or the intensity of their fight at SummerSlam, but it was still a good main event.

I wouldn't mind this whole HHH/HBK feud so much if it weren't for the fact that it's purposely taking away from Chris Benoit's World Heavyweight Title reign. Just look at RAW over the past couple of weeks. Benoit has been curtain jerking the show, or simply not showing up at all. Last week Benoit was nowhere to be seen, yet Triple H and Shawn Michaels are shown butt fucking each other in every part of the arena all night long. Last night he lost the tag titles to La Resistance, then remained out of the picture until helping out retarded Eugene.

If Benoit was "the man" on RAW, then I wouldn't mind the continuation of HHH/HBK. But the fact that their feud is overshadowing the World Champion really bothers me, and really pisses me off.

Wildcat789
06-01-2004, 11:13 PM
Mr. Sunday Night said it really well. The feud is stale, but nobody would mind it as much if it didn't headline the card. It's seriously time this ended. They had some good matches, but it's WAY too drawn out and if it doesn't stop at Bad Blood, I'd begin to expect some boos from the crowd towards the men every time they threw punches at each other.

Thelivinglegend
06-02-2004, 09:26 AM
Wait a minute, i only remember one elimination chamber match, i don't remember there being two in a row in both 2002 and 2003 at the survivor series...

Mike the Metal Ed
06-02-2004, 09:47 AM
Wait a minute, i only remember one elimination chamber match, i don't remember there being two in a row in both 2002 and 2003 at the survivor series...

Survivor Series 2002:
RVD v Kane v Booker T v Chris Jericho v Triple H v Shawn Michaels (HBK Wins)
http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.com/pic/ppv/sse02/10.jpg

Summerslam 2003:
Triple H v Randy Orton v Bill Goldberg v Chris Jericho v Shawn Michaels v Kevin Nash (HHH Wins)
http://www.wwesummerslam.com/matches/photos/images/31.jpg

big_bluto
06-02-2004, 09:54 AM
Survivor Series 2002:
RVD v Kane v Booker T v Chris Jericho v Triple H v Shawn Michaels (HBK Wins)

Summerslam 2003:
Triple H v Randy Orton v Bill Goldberg v Chris Jericho v Shawn Michaels v Kevin Nash (HHH Wins)

The first one (2002) is where HHH had to drop the title, so he gave it to HBK, pretty good match. Wasn't this the one where RVD tried to do a frogsplash from the top of one of the booths and only flew about 4 feet?

The second (2003) is where Goldberg finally got out of his cage, beat the shit out of everybody, then got chinned by HHH and his sledgehammer.

c4g2
06-02-2004, 10:24 AM
**Bows to Triple H and Shawn Michaels**

HankScorpio
06-02-2004, 10:26 AM
^^
HAHAHA
You're getting creative with it now! :)

Goldbird
06-02-2004, 10:38 AM
Most creative poster!

Beware c4g2, a bad rep from fryza is beckoning...

c4g2
06-02-2004, 10:45 AM
^ Noooooo

The Show Off
06-03-2004, 12:19 AM
Good quality match that surpassed expectations...

Decent match that wasn't as good as it could have been...

Much better then everyone said it was...

God I almost forgot that nightmare

It was a good match but it really wants about Triple H vs. HBK, it was about Triple H vs. Goldberg, it really shouldn't count.

This should include there match in December with in my opinion was there best effort, it was a good straight up match, no gimmick necessary. And this also includes there match at Royal Rumble that ended in a **sigh** tie.

Classic match, will go down as one of the best Wrestlemania matches ever, however not as good as the WWE claims it was.

Almost as good as WM XX, but not quite.

Bad Blood 2004- HIAC
Match of the year, you heard it hear first, unless of course you heard it somewhere else, in which case you didn't... This match should be loser leaves Raw with Shawn Michaels losing and heading to Smackdown and joining Paul Heyman's stable as a heel...

In conclusion this feud has been very well done considering the fact that they only put on one bad match together since they've been feuding, and that's only because of the ending... I think this Hell in a Cell should have been done at Wrestlemania XX, having Triple H drop the title to someone like Jericho before hand so we could have had a Jericho - Benoit title match, but that's in the past, so we go from here... This really better be the end or i will really get pissed.