PDA

View Full Version : The Summer of Brock

The Naitch
06-01-2004, 12:43 PM
Give me your thoughts on the following:

"The Summer of Brock"

IMO, it was a great summer to watch WWE. Proves that the WWE could still book a good feud if they wanted to. I remember Rock walking back up the ramp, Brock's music hits and he just walks down and snobs him out. Good psychology. Seeing The Long Island crowd turn on The Rock, pissed me off YET intrigued me at the same time, being a Rocky mark and all. Then remember when Rock told off the Long Island crowd after Summerslam went off the air? Good stuff.

Who attacked Shawn Michaels? IYO, who did you think it was gonna be? I thought it would be Goldberg :o , but then we get Triple H :nono:

Pepsi Man
06-01-2004, 12:44 PM
It was pretty obvious it was Triple H considering he had just turned on Shawn. :p

The Naitch
06-01-2004, 12:54 PM
Oh yeah, I just thought it would be a more complex angle then that, involving a third party

Pepsi Man
06-01-2004, 12:55 PM
Oh yeah, I just thought it would be a more complex angle then that, involving a third party
I never had such hopes.

Favre4Ever
06-01-2004, 12:59 PM
Triple H had made a pretty decent face up until that point, i remember him and Shawn coming out snazzed out in their DX shit, and then Triple H had to ruin the party and Pedigree him and turn heel for 3 years.

The Naitch
06-01-2004, 01:05 PM
Then there was the sight of Triple H coming down the isle, with his beard all shaved off. I thought he looked funny at the time. Then he went into the "I wear pink polo shirts now" phase.

Although The Rock/Triple H match on RAW wasn't at the 2000 level, there was atleast the promo he cut on telling Trips to get him a bologne sandwich.

CBright7831
06-01-2004, 01:11 PM
What did The Rock say to the Long Island crowd? I never heard about this, considering I was tired wrestling at the time and didn't really watch it much.

The Naitch
06-01-2004, 01:23 PM
He said that Sing-a-long was over. Something like that.

Pepsi Man
06-01-2004, 01:27 PM
He turned around and said something about how they can boo the Rock all they want, that he'd always be The People's Champ, and that they couldn't take that from him then...

and stuff like that. Nothing too big.

ColdwaVer
06-01-2004, 10:54 PM
What did The Rock say to the Long Island crowd? I never heard about this, considering I was tired wrestling at the time and didn't really watch it much.

He took the mic after Brock left and tried to speak but kept getting booed down, so when he finally could get a word of he said "like it or not, the Rock is still walking out of Long Island YOUR people's champion" then flung the mic aside and left the ring.