PDA

View Full Version : What everyone should know about Sports Entertainment

Marc the Smark
06-01-2004, 01:38 PM
It isn't "fake"
Are movies fake? Are soap operas fake? Is a magic show fake? No, no, and no. Likewise, neither is professional wrestling, Sports Entertainment. Not in the way people think.

First Law Of Referees
Anyone can be a referee as long as they have been given the shirt.

Second Law Of Referees
If a referee has made contact with a wrestler, even if it isn't exactly a wrestling move, even if the wrestler accidentally bumped into the referee, the referee will be knocked out for an extended amount of time.

Third Law Of Referees
In any tag match, if a tag team is about to deliver a top-rope headbutt to the groin of another wrestler, the referee will never see it. He'll either:

a)Be checking on the other hurt tag team wrestler
b)Breaking up a fight at the outside of the ring
c)Be distracted by the opposing team's manager (who is frantically telling him to turn around)
d)Be unconcious

Fourth Law Of Referees
While the referee will always tell a wrestler never to hit with a closed fist, they will never disqualify a wrestler who continually defies the referee and hits with a closed fist.

Fifth Law Of Referees
In a tag team match, faces are not allowed into the ring unless the ref has seen the tag. However, heels can enter and re-enter the ring as long as they've made a loud clapping sound and swear they've made the tag.

The Subtle Challenge
If a wrestler/suit ends a promo with "There is nobody who can (beat me, stop me, etc), someone will come out and attack them.

Jobber's Obligation
If a wrestler normally seen on Heat/Velocity comes to the ring with no prior explanation, they'll either be beaten to a pulp before they make it to the ring or 1 minute after they enter the ring.

A Woman's Worth
If a male heel hits a woman, he's a sick and twisted man. If a male face hits a woman, she:

a)"had it coming"
b)interjected herself in a match
c)will not drink herself stupid on command
d)is very muscular, in which case she is deemed "ugly" and lose 95% of the male announcer's sympathy

Jim Ross's Little Santa
Midgets love to sit on JR's lap.

The "Return" Adulation
If a heel or face main event wrestler gets injured and takes more than 3 months off, he will return as a face and the crowd will cheer him.

Tommy Dreamer Charity Clause
If you're ever eating at a WWE restaurant and you see Tommy Dreamer, remember to tip him when he cleans your table.

Behaviour Reversal
If a heel makes a face turn, all the other faces will act coldly toward him due to his heelish history. If a face makes a heel turn, all the other heels will absolutely love him and welcome him with open arms.

Target : Old Women
If you are a woman who is 50 years or older, you will either

a)Be a victim of attempted rape by Eric Bischoff
b)Attempt to rape Eric Bischoff against his will

Target : McMahons
If you're a woman who's last name is McMahon, you will eventually make out with Eric Bischoff.

Target : Young Women
If you're a young woman and accept a match with Eric Bischoff, the stipulations will be:

a)If you win, you get a shot at the Women's Championship.
b)If you lose, you'll be fired or have to spend a night with Eric Bischoff.

The Young Woman's Revenge
In the aforementioned match, Eric Bischoff will always win. However, you won't ever have to fulfill your end of the bargain because:

a)an authority figure of equal or greater power will reverse the decision and probably find a way to make Bischoff's life a whole lot worse
b)A male wrestler will somehow get your job back. That male wrestler either will give you his heart (which you will break) or smack you around, in which case you will fall head over heels in love with him.

"I'm not a prostitute, I'm a sexual therapist"
Divas will come into the ring and strip for the crowd without shame. However, if they lose a bra and panties match, they will cover up and run away embarrassed.

The Rematch Interpretation
If a champion tells a challenger right after a PPV title match that there will "be no rematch," he really means "there will be a rematch at the next PPV."

The Rematch Obligation
The aforementioned match will always either contain an extra stipulation, a gimmick match of some sort, or another wrestler who happens to be the real #1 contender to the title.

"It wasn't on the job description"
No matter what happens, the cameraman will never help anyone that blatantly needs help. The 53-year old CEO of the WWE could be about to be raped and the cameraman will stand stoically, recording every minute of it. Kind of like a bizzaro world R. Kelly.

Announcer's Folly
If an announcer guesses a mystery wrestler's identity, the chances of it actually being that person are 0%.

Advertiser's Disgrace
If a wrestler is wearing a shirt featuring the logo of the upcoming PPV, that wrestler will never be seen at that PPV.

Fish Out Of Water
If a former Cruiserweight Champion on Smackdown decides to switch over to RAW, they will be pushed for a total of two shows and then forgotten about for the rest of their careers.

The Bizarro Music Generation
If you're a black rapping wrestler, you will be a jobber.
If you're a white rapping wrestler, you will be a main eventer.

Hey, I know you! (Face Rule)
In every pro wrestling promotion, you will meet at least three of these obligatory face characters:

a) The cruiserweight underdog who never fights other cruiserweights. He constantly is put into matches with guys much bigger than him to get the crowd to cheer for him. This never works because the underdog ends up looking like a total wuss by either running away, getting his ass handed to him, or winning because his opponent's sworn enemy/jilted female ex-manager interfered in the match.
b) The abused, saddened female manager who always does her best to ensure her clients lose. For whatever reason, her clients continually bring her into matches with them despite costing them the match every single time. This manager eventually is freed by a face authority figure and, for some reason proceeds to do all the slutty things she refused to do when she was with her clients.
c) The interviewer that never makes it out of an interview without being ridiculed and embarrassed. This usually is the ambiguously gay announer with the frosted hair that has been on TV for less than a year.
d) The wrestler who has an incredible win-loss record by the end of a year, yet is still considered a midcarder. (see: Booker T 2003 Records - Wins : 28, Loss : 5)
e) The big muscular wrestler with zero people skills and doesn't give a crap about anyone else but himself, and is only classified as a face because they are the lead opposition to the top heel.
f) The play by play announcer who gets beat up on time and time again by angry heels, usually after they had just lost a crucial match. For some reason, the crowd always cheers while this announcer is being decimated.
g) The jobber that comes to the main show once in a while solely to get his ass kicked.

Hey, I know you! (Heel Rule)
Likewise, in every wrestling promotion you will meet at least three of these obligatory heel characters:

a) The heel authority figure who either never fires whatever wrestler is giving them hell, or fires that wrestler only to have their decision reversed by an authority figure with greater power. Along with this decision reversal, the wrestler either gets a title shot at the next PPV, or becomes a face authority figure with equal power as the heel authority figure.
b) The heel authority figure's right hand man who's incompetence eventually gets him fired by the heel authority figure. For some reason, no higher power decides to intervene in this decision.
c) The big scary monster that over time is taught what it means to really care about other people.
d) The wrestler-turned-color commentator that describes every move as "I've been in that move, and let me tell you, it hurts."

During The Break...
If a wrestler comes out to the ring without entrance music or during the commercial break, that wrestler will not only lose the match, but chances are the fans won't care.

Survivor Series Vulnerability
If a wrestler is wrestling in a Survivor Series-style match, minor moves that normally would be kicked out of at two (small packages, superkicks) automatically become twice as deadly. Probably from everyone being lazy after Thanksgiving dinner.

Royal Rumble No Middle Ground Clause
In order to win the Royal Rumble, one must either draw a seemingly impossible number (#1-#5) or a reasonably good number (#20-#29). Anyone drawing #6-#19 or #30 will automatically lose the match, unless the person's name is Shawn Michaels and the year is 1996.

King Of The Ring Inordinance
No match at a King Of The Ring PPV will ever be as good as it should have been.

A Vicious Cycle
The main event of the next PPV can be predicted with 90% accuracy by watching only the last five minutes of the RAW / Smackdown immediately following the last PPV.

Commercials on Raw
The Main Event match will always be interrupted by at least one commercial break. Why this is necessary, and why they can't show the commercials sooner, I have no idea.

Feedback is welcome :wave:

c4g2
06-01-2004, 01:42 PM
Nice. :y:

Loose Cannon
06-01-2004, 02:01 PM
Advertiser's Disgrace
If a wrestler is wearing a shirt featuring the logo of the upcoming PPV, that wrestler will never be seen at that PPV.

:lol: So true

Kane Knight
06-01-2004, 02:06 PM
:y:

Rob
06-01-2004, 02:32 PM
That might be the best post you have ever done.

Wondermouse
06-01-2004, 02:45 PM
Fourth Law Of Referees
While the referee will always tell a wrestler never to hit with a closed fist, they will never disqualify a wrestler who continually defies the referee and hits with a closed fist.
Booker T / RVD.

Jordan
06-01-2004, 02:47 PM
Get over it, wrestling is fake. Boxing is real, football is real, basketball is real, soccer is real, pro wrestling is fake.

TheNamelessOne
06-01-2004, 02:51 PM
Get over it, wrestling is fake. Boxing is real, football is real, basketball is real, soccer is real, pro wrestling is fake.
Depends on your definition of fake, and if we are talking pro wrestling, as in the real sport of wrestling then you are wrong.

PureHatred
06-01-2004, 02:56 PM
Ignorance. The results are pre-determined, but the performers still have to be real athletes with an incredible amount of coordination, strength, and timing in order to do what they do well. Anone who's seen some of the crap that goes on at small or BY feds knows how much of a 'real' athlete it takes to be a wrestler at the highest levels.

No, it isn't "real" in the way footbal or boxing is ( although more and more boxing matches seem to be pre-determined as well) but saying it's fake implies that the workers in the ring are untrained goofs who aren't putting themselves at risk when they enter the ing.

That simply isn't the case.

Nowhere Man
06-01-2004, 02:58 PM
You must spread some reputation around before yadda yadda yadda...

Awesome stuff, RHS.

Rob
06-01-2004, 02:59 PM

:rofl: You really think boxing isn't worked?

Avenger
06-01-2004, 03:02 PM
Are movies fake? Are soap operas fake? Is a magic show fake?
yeah

Avenger
06-01-2004, 03:02 PM
btw that was awesome

rep

Avenger
06-01-2004, 03:03 PM
oh yeah and boxing is fake

Jordan
06-01-2004, 03:03 PM
Have you ever seen a real fight? Usually 5 punches at the most, come on now, im not dissing wrestling, but it is fake. They are not trying to hurt each other therfore the storylines are fake, and the wrestling is fake. It's just a form of theatre. The wrestling ring is the stage, there is an audience and people are being entertained by the performers. I know wrestlers are extremely trained, im not stupid. But wrestling is not a real sport, its a form of entertainment, a form of theatre.

Rob
06-01-2004, 03:05 PM
Dude, get a grip. It's a freaking joke!

Jordan
06-01-2004, 03:05 PM
oh yeah and boxing is fake

A lot of big money fights are worked sure, but there is a hell of a lot more boxing in the world than Mike Tyson, Lennox Lewis, and Evander Holyfield.

Jordan
06-01-2004, 03:10 PM
LOL sorry sorry, I just now read the entire post, sorry about the seriousness of my post.

Corkscrewed
06-01-2004, 04:39 PM
AWEsome! Just repped you for that! :lol:

Mayo
06-01-2004, 05:22 PM
Fourth Law Of Referees

Also, I am pretty sure that someone was disqualified once on a Raw or Smackdown by a McMahon's intervention with the referee after hitting someone with a closed fist. I can't remember if it was Jericho or someone else, but I know that it was a face. Rep to anyone that can remember this.

Loose Cannon
06-01-2004, 05:27 PM

lol, someone had to ruin the fun in here.

Kane Knight
06-01-2004, 05:29 PM
Also, I am pretty sure that someone was disqualified once on a Raw or Smackdown by a McMahon's intervention with the referee after hitting someone with a closed fist. I can't remember if it was Jericho or someone else, but I know that it was a face. Rep to anyone that can remember this.
Test.

Kane Knight
06-01-2004, 05:31 PM
A lot of big money fights are worked sure, but there is a hell of a lot more boxing in the world than Mike Tyson, Lennox Lewis, and Evander Holyfield.
And that changes everything. :roll:

Savio
06-01-2004, 05:50 PM
Fifth Law Of Referees
In a tag team match, faces are not allowed into the ring unless the ref has seen the tag. However, heels can enter and re-enter the ring as long as they've made a loud clapping sound and swear they've made the tag.

Unless you are "the worlds greatest tag team"

Savio
06-01-2004, 05:57 PM
First Law Of Referees
Anyone can be a referee as long as they have been given the shirt......Eric bishoff HHH versus Shawn Micheals on RAw

6th Law Of Refreeres If you are kncoked out and some one is going for the pin either:
A) Wrestler will try to wake you up after 10 seconds
B) You will count 1..........2.............. kick out Unless HHH is involved
C) Another Ref will come down.

Edge
06-01-2004, 06:19 PM
If you are being a dick to Eric Bischoff you will either:

A)Be put in a match against Kane.
B)Be put in a match against Flair, Batista, and Orton.
C)You will be suspended.
D)You will be "fired".
E) If you are a woman or J.R you will be put in a match against Bischoff.

Wildcat789
06-01-2004, 06:30 PM
RHS, that was pure gold. That's going in my AIM profile. Definately rep for that man. good job :D.

LK
06-01-2004, 06:50 PM
That was good. I will rep you for that.

BTW for whoever said that wrestling was fake, I don't like the use of that term when talking about wrestling. I prefer the term predetermined because the results are decided before the matches but quite frankly all the wrestlers still have to be great athletes (besides A-Train) and take great punishment nearly every night.

John la Rock
06-01-2004, 06:53 PM

Evil Vito
06-02-2004, 12:13 AM
<font color=goldenrod>LOL</font>

El Santo
06-02-2004, 01:28 AM
Muhahahah!

Good job, RHS. Good job.

:y: :y:

HardyStonerfan
06-02-2004, 01:36 AM
NIce....

Wondermouse
06-02-2004, 01:37 AM
I dunno. Wasn't that funny to me. But then again, things like these never really amuse me all that much.

Thelivinglegend
06-02-2004, 09:05 AM
Nice post RHS. :y:

HankScorpio
06-02-2004, 09:07 AM
Advertiser's Disgrace

:lol: So true

Except in the case of Mick Foley

Great post RHS

big_bluto
06-02-2004, 09:19 AM
7th Law of Referees

if you are halfway through the match, and one wrestler is pinned for what should be a 2 count, but misses his kickout prior to the 3, the ref must automitically not hit the mat on 3, but slide a hand towards the pinned wrestlers shoulderblades in an effort to convince the crowd that the wrestler did actually kick out and he wasn't pinned for 3, so the match isn't over.

Always LMAO when that happens :lol:

RHS! Feckin Wicked Post!

big_bluto
06-02-2004, 09:19 AM
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Red Hot Scott again.

:(

The Ravishing One
06-02-2004, 09:41 AM
Nice post RHS. :y:

The Ravishing One
06-02-2004, 09:42 AM
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Red Hot Scott again.

Tornado
06-02-2004, 11:08 AM
lol, good stuff

Kane Knight
06-02-2004, 11:31 AM
Injury rule of thumb: The severity of all injuries is inversely proportional to your spot on the card. Thus, Triple H, in a Main Event Slot, can be dropped from 3 feet in a car and come back the next week with a band-aid to shwo the "severity" of his injury. Christian, being a mid-carder, will spend a couple of weeks off TV for a much more "severe" fall from a steel cage. If Steven Richards is ever injured, expect them to put him down like a racehorse, right in the middle of the ring.

Marc the Smark
06-02-2004, 11:38 PM
:D

Esoteric
06-03-2004, 01:35 AM
thats very funny and thats like 80's to present formula of pro wrestling :lol: :lol: :lol:

Goldbird
06-03-2004, 01:48 AM
Funaki gets paid more than me. :wtf:

c4g2
06-03-2004, 01:49 AM
^ Of course. He's the Smackdown! No. 1! Announcer!

Goldbird
06-03-2004, 01:55 AM
He cant even job. Properly.

c4g2
06-03-2004, 02:10 AM
But I still love him. :love:

Kane Knight
06-03-2004, 02:12 AM
Image is everything: If you're a black male in anything but a black power racist angle, you are guaranteed to be described as "Charismatic, young, (X)."

No matter how old, ugly, or decrepit you are, if you have tits, King will hump your leg. This is why Flair always seems so nervous and Rikishi went to Smackdown!