PDA

View Full Version : 28 Days Later

Lotus
12-21-2003, 10:35 PM
Damn, this movie ruled. It wasn't really that scary, and I really couldn't understand what the characters were saying a lot of the time, and I didn't understand one 20-minute segment completely, but it still ruled. And yeah, that last action scene is awesome. The only down thing about the DVD was that two of the alternate endings were pretty lame, except for the "radical" alternate ending. That would have been sweet if that was the real ending...

Hired Hitman
12-21-2003, 10:41 PM
I hated it for one reason, they hyped it up being the greatest horror movie of all time... i was STRONGLY Disappointed.

Lotus
12-21-2003, 10:49 PM
Yeah, I don't know why it was hyped up as a horror movie... more kind of suspense...

Kenny
12-22-2003, 02:18 AM
I hated it for one reason, they hyped it up being the greatest horror movie of all time... i was STRONGLY Disappointed.

I hated it cause I felt it was VERY under-edited. I didn't think they placed the music very well into the movie either.

The guy's walking down the street and you hear "da da da da da"...

"DAA DAA DAA DAA"... so I'm thinking. Shit, musics getting tense get ready for a scare. No... nothing happens. Why have this tense music in a scene where a guy is just walking down the street.

I got to see the movie with one of the hottest girls I've ever met and I was so scared she'd hate me for taking her to see that.

AareDub
12-22-2003, 11:43 AM
I agree the movie was awful. Calling it a horror movie is a disgrace even to bad horror movies like Jeepers Creepers. Actually you can call it horror, suspense, or whatever, either way I'm going to call it a bad movie.

PoisonIvy
12-22-2003, 03:32 PM
I liked the movie all right. Probably cuz I like Cillian Murphy so much.

Kenny
12-22-2003, 03:42 PM
The one thing I did like about the movie was the reaction of the crowd when they kept showing the guys penis over and over. It was a male dominated crowd so there was a lot of booing and swearing.

Supreme Olajuwon
12-22-2003, 03:48 PM
that movie ruled

the music was sweet too

SuperSlim
12-22-2003, 03:48 PM
well i got the DVD and watched it and it wasn't a horror flick which really disappointed me but it wasn't toobad of a movie. it had its moments. music sucked though and since i'm a big music person that messed it up a bit more for me.

i recommend renting it first then buyin it if ya like it. it isn't bad.

packt up
12-22-2003, 04:41 PM
Haven't seen it.

The guy who is in the room next to me at uni was a dead body in it though :y:

He didn't even get paid or anything they just gave him lunch lol.

Rob
12-22-2003, 04:43 PM
Worst movie ever!

Buzzkill
12-22-2003, 05:41 PM
I hated it cause I felt it was VERY under-edited. I didn't think they placed the music very well into the movie either.

This was on purpose

Anyways i really loved this movie, I wouldnt call it a horror movie but it was just a great movie

El Capitano Gatisto
12-22-2003, 09:51 PM
I bought a number of albums by Godspeed You Black Emperor! on strength of the soundtrack.

Fox
12-22-2003, 11:17 PM
The concept was great, and after the first 20 minutes I really thought they had something good going. But as soon as they started driving around looking for that army outpost, the whole movie just went to shit. The infected people weren't even involved for a large deal of the movie. I was expecting hordes and hordes of these things chasing after them for the duration, y'know, like a normal horror movie.

Hired Hitman
12-23-2003, 03:24 AM
The one thing I did like about the movie was the reaction of the crowd when they kept showing the guys penis over and over. It was a male dominated crowd so there was a lot of booing and swearing.
hahaha, yeah, I was covering my eyes and told my mate to tell me when it's over and he was all "me? :mad:"

sucafrutpi
12-23-2003, 03:44 AM
I got to see the movie with one of the hottest girls I've ever met and I was so scared she'd hate me for taking her to see that.

haha. i just watched it for the first time the other day and liked it. (it was the british army at the mansion dark kane, hence the accents and british flags). the naked guy opening scene was a bit of a shocker and i was really disappointed that they didn't make up for it with an equally revealing shot of selena (i don't know the actresses name). i thought the highway scene with birmingham burning on the horizon looked awsome.

Dave Youell
12-23-2003, 06:50 AM
it was a horror movie, just a realistic one. To be honest if you were in that situation, and found that there was an army barracks where you could go to where other non infected people were, wouldn't you go to?

I thought it was great

Zelda
12-26-2003, 08:40 PM
I really liked this movie.

Lara Emily
12-27-2003, 02:58 AM
This movie sucked big time. I saw it myself and didn't like it at all.

The first half of the movie when Jim wakes up in the hospital and finds no one around and he's being attacked by these infected beings was a really good beggining. But the movie all started going downhill for me and I lost it after the three went to this mansion with the army guys are. After the U.S. Army at the mansion scenes, it all turned out to be an action films. The first half was a horror movie, the second half was Rambo.
U.S Army? :rofl:

Lara Emily
12-27-2003, 03:01 AM
It was a very good gritty horror film (Oh I'm sorry undead thriller ;)). The film quality was shite (very much on purpose) but that's what I love about it, no gloss to it at all.