PDA

View Full Version : Mick Foley vs. Ric Flair (possible spoiler)

Joe Kerr
06-02-2004, 12:37 AM
There is some talk backstage about actually have a Mick Foley-Ric Flair storyline feud that will deal with their real life problems. Foley recently wrote an extensive letter to Flair calling him out on the hypocrisy of telling him one thing to his face and then ripping on him in his book. As it stands right now, Foley's status at SummerSlam is unknown as he is having problems with one of his knees.

In another sign that Scott Steiner is gone from WWE is that his T-shirts last night were with all the Austin and Goldberg shirts in the $10 Canadian (about $7.50 U.S.) discount bin.

posted on http://www.prowrestlingnews.com/news/headlines/88142321.php

cream
06-02-2004, 01:24 AM
I really dont like the idea of a flair/foley fued.

Real life fueds dont seem to work in the ring (hhh/goldberg), their wrestling styles are so dissimiliar that they wouldn't mesh well and it doesn't do anything for the business e.g. putting a young wrestler over.

CBright7831
06-02-2004, 01:44 AM
I just lost alot of respect for Ric Flair.

Kane Knight
06-02-2004, 01:51 AM
It's not Flair's fault. He's getting senile. He belongs in a home, but when they tried putting him in one, he was disqualified for unsanctioned use of a colostomy bag...

Dirtiest player in the game...:nono:

Mayo
06-02-2004, 01:56 AM
LOL @ Kane Knight

I totally agree with cream. Their styles are not similar at all, and I don't think that Foley would be able to put Flair over. I have the utmost respect for Flair, and hes one of the best the business ever had, but the man is 55 and he should probably hang up the boots soon. I hope he stays around as a manager though because his promos are still very entertaining.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

John la Rock
06-02-2004, 02:22 AM
it wouldn't work as the posters above me said

KayfabeMan
06-02-2004, 02:51 AM
It's not Flair's fault. He's getting senile. He belongs in a home, but when they tried putting him in one, he was disqualified for unsanctioned use of a colostomy bag...

Geez...anyone here remember when Flair was put away in WCW?

That led to Asya, a bus full of "mental patients", Sideshow Arn,
Flair in his underwear (again) and a major waste of TV time.....

I think the match itself could work, but I don't think Flair would
want to cooperate and put Foley over at all. The match would-
n't be a clusterfuck because of "clash of styles" (because good
wrestlers don't always have to work people who are like them),
but it might be a clusterfuck if there is a lack of cooperation....

LK
06-02-2004, 07:28 AM
I agree with cream. I just have a feeling that this match wouldn't work because of the fact that they really do dislike each other.

HankScorpio
06-02-2004, 07:36 AM
LOL @ Kane Knight

I totally agree with cream. Their styles are not similar at all, and I don't think that Foley would be able to put Flair over. I have the utmost respect for Flair, and hes one of the best the business ever had, but the man is 55 and he should probably hang up the boots soon. I hope he stays around as a manager though because his promos are still very entertaining.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

I agree with the promos bit, I just watched the 10 Best Wrestlemania matches on the WMXX DVD hosted by Flair,He wasn't too worked up or Beetroot red and it was actually real good fun!+there were plenty of WOOOOOOOOOOO!!!'s. I say stop Flair from wrestling and just let him do promos and be the manager of Evolution (and maybe Orton when EV split :shifty: , Or even HBK,ok I'm just getting silly now)

Corkscrewed
06-02-2004, 02:43 PM
It wouldn't work. Who would go over, and why? There's no legitimate reason for such a feud.

PureHatred
06-02-2004, 02:47 PM
Mick just put Orton over..why not have him put Batista over with Flair as Dave's manager? Batista deliver a stiff spinebuster or two, Mick whacks him over the head with a bat, and we get all the Flair/Foley promos we can handle over the Summer. You could even have Foley "injure" Flair to explain why Batista is doing the wrestling.

Thelivinglegend
06-02-2004, 03:50 PM
How many more times do they need mick foley to put someone else over?Ric flair doesn't need to be put over anymore, he's the 16 times world champion for f-uck sake.And the last thing i wanna see is another predicteble mick foley feud.

Dazz
06-02-2004, 03:56 PM
I don't care what you lot say about the in ring wrestling of the two of them, they can both hold their own still. Also could you imagine the hype for it, the promos? They are both great on the mic and they need a real clash of two legends, Foley and Flair should have feuded along time ago, I have been waiting for this for ages, I said it in a thread at the start of the year about feuds you would like to see. They both put on a great show and it would be great T.V veiwing, Flair must be the heel if they did it.

Having said that, I don't think that they will feud based on the information given, but it would be great if they did.

Thelivinglegend
06-02-2004, 04:02 PM
I don't think it would be as great as it would've been in the past, Flairs matches are completly boring and he would end up blaming Foley for a shit match in the end saying he can't properly wrestle, yet Flair's matches are boring as shit.

Joe Kerr
06-02-2004, 04:29 PM
http://pobladores.lycos.es/data/pobladores.com/ca/ya/cayako/channels/mick_foley/images/2832630mick04.jpg

Versus

http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:jKB-kC-KH6cJ:www.tuttowrestling.com/flair.jpghttp://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:H9YPVjztZ8MJ:wrestle.ru/photo/ricflair/images/02.jpg
http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:J2aZRx72QfUJ:www.highspots.com/www/stores_app/images/images_125/cov_ricflair.jpg

MVP
06-02-2004, 04:58 PM
The only good reason for that feud is to draw since there are so many Ric Flair and Mick Foley fans. Problem is that it's just more TV time taken away from the credible superstars.

The CyNick
06-02-2004, 07:47 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing it, I think both guys would get motivated by this match, and try to outdo the other guy.

However, if they try to play off the internet heat between them, well then it will die. Most of the fans dont know what goes on behind the scenes, and frankly they dont really care.

But, if they were to use the talking points of Flair saying Foley's style of work is for bums or whatever, then I think the fans would get behind it.

I would put Foley over because Flair is an ass, and Foley deserves some kind of reward for putting over Orton so well. I would do it at the Rumble or Mania.

Nowhere Man
06-02-2004, 08:34 PM
I know the guy's an awesome wrestler, and I have all sorts of respect for him, but when it comes to the stuff he says about Foley, Ric Flair can go f</>uck himself. It's his own damn fault that Mick said all that bad stuff about him in his book; he treated Foley like crap in WCW when he was booking, and expects to not get any flak from it when Mick got the chance to call him out on it?

I'm not too pleased with the fact that he apparently hates all of us and is clinging onto a code of wrestling that's dead forever, either, but those are other stories completely. Point is, Flair was an asshole to him then, and instead of accepting responsibility for it, he's being an asshole now.

As for a match, I'd be afraid that one might start shooting on the other. I know both guys are extremely professional about performing, but I wouldn't trust any two guys who have bad blood between each other to put on a good match (unless those two people are Bret Hart and Shawn Michaels 8 years ago)

Wildcat789
06-02-2004, 10:47 PM
I think they just wouldn't cooperate. Flair is great, but he was such a jackass to Foley. He doesn't understand that there is more to wrestling than just moves on the mat. Hardcore matches are really entertaining, and a good form of wrestling in itself. Flair doesn't seem to understand that, and I don't think Foley could ever work with anyone who doesn't respect what he does.

Plus, I'm from Long Island. I'm a natural Foley mark.

Joe Kerr
06-03-2004, 01:18 PM
Here's what im thinking, Mick Foley favours matches such as Hardcore, Street fights, and Hell in the cell. Flair favours straight up shoot wrestling. I highly doubt that flair would want to do a hardcore match or a hell in the cell keep in mind his age. So IF they did this match it would have to be a wrestling match in which Flair would have to go over.

LK
06-03-2004, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by Nowhere Man
I know the guy's an awesome wrestler, and I have all sorts of respect for him, but when it comes to the stuff he says about Foley, Ric Flair can go fuck himself. It's his own damn fault that Mick said all that bad stuff about him in his book; he treated Foley like crap in WCW when he was booking, and expects to not get any flak from it when Mick got the chance to call him out on it?

I'm not too pleased with the fact that he apparently hates all of us and is clinging onto a code of wrestling that's dead forever, either, but those are other stories completely. Point is, Flair was an asshole to him then, and instead of accepting responsibility for it, he's being an asshole now.

That just sums it up perfectly for me.