PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know why the Matrix ended like it did?

Splaya
06-03-2004, 01:58 AM
I know why everything happened and I will tell you after I have seen the mass discussion. Also anyone who can tell me what happened as the way I see it will get mad rep for like a year.

So begin discussing :love:

El Capitano Gatisto
06-03-2004, 02:02 AM
The Matrix sucks dick.

el fregadero
06-03-2004, 02:11 AM
Because that's how it was written.

DaveWadding
06-03-2004, 02:33 AM
The Matrix sucks dick.

Champion of Europa
06-03-2004, 03:26 AM
There are tons of different explainations, like:

Quasi-religous references (Neo as Jesus, and such)
A 'shock' ending (Neo's death)
Cop out (No side losing)

etc.

If you are talking aboot why it happened in the story, it's pretty much that The Oracle only shows you want you want to see, which is why Agent Smith was getting deja vu near the end, because he was The Oracle. She doesn't show everything, or whatever. Anyway, the reason all the Smiths exploded was because Neo was an anomaly, and so was Smith. They are like each other's opposite, and without each other they don't exist. So, boom.

I hope that answers it.

Kane Knight
06-03-2004, 03:31 AM
I'd tell you, but I won't waste money on the third.

el fregadero
06-03-2004, 03:39 AM
A 'shock' ending (Neo's death)
It was obvious he would die in the third one when he was doing an interview and said "the third is about death".

Vega
06-03-2004, 04:54 AM
I'd tell you, but I won't waste money on the third.

Goldbird
06-03-2004, 05:59 AM
I slept when i watched the matrix.

Jonster
06-03-2004, 09:17 AM
The writers know why. I can't be bothered to try and spell their names.

On a side point, they always said that the Matrix was written as a trilogy.
Except Reloaded and Revolution were supposed to be one film...

El Santo
06-03-2004, 10:16 AM
Um, because the Wachowskis wanted to seem deep and profound, despite being steeped in high school psychology at best?

But enough Matrix bashing. I honestly didn't think the third movie was too bad. If you mean that odd peace that now exists between machines and humans, it ended that way to introduce the concept of free will, and that there must not only be a choice, but someone has to tell you about the choice first.

Also, I think my friend's theory that the Oracle was the master manipulator between The One holds true. Neo wasn't The One until he met the Oracle (and she fed him the cookies). She is also the last person Neo meets before he dies. So did Neo free Zion, or did the Oracle? My money's on the old lady.

Shaggy
06-03-2004, 08:13 PM
I thought the ending was crap.

NEO IS JESUS!!!

Yea right, It would of been a lot better if Neo would of died and Zion would of been destroyed and it would of all just started all over again like the creator said. Instead they didnt want to piss of the fans so they added in a crappy ending. Damn the third movie.

DS
06-03-2004, 08:33 PM
The Matrix ended so it could continue the story on the Matrix Online. The story was only suppose to be a trilogy in big box office movies, the storyline itself was to continue through videogames and straight to video movies. The Matrix hasn't ended, just left off at the end of Revolutions.

YOUR Hero
06-03-2004, 10:30 PM
It ended the way it did because of panic. Because everyone after the second movie had already predicted the way the third would go and were right.

The Mackem
06-03-2004, 10:36 PM
Haven't seen the third yet

Vega
06-04-2004, 08:42 PM
just watched it on my computer.

Not as bad as I thought it would be.

Lotus
06-06-2004, 01:44 AM
I thought the movie was hella good. I don't give a shit why the Matrix ended the way it did, I just saw all of the movies for the action. I really could give a fuck less about a storyline in an action movie. That's what dramas are for. So if you just ignore the plot, then the Matrix fuckin' ruled.

Kane Knight
06-06-2004, 09:57 PM
don't know about that one. The action scenes in the second were pretty weak. Too much time spent on plot development (And really, they fucked that pooch), not enough time spent on Kung Fu.

Seriously. They too k a great action flick, and tried to create some über-deep subtext that they didn't deliver on. I've seen more depth watching Snuggle Softener Ads. And there wasn't enough action to justify it either.

El Santo
06-06-2004, 11:26 PM
Are you saying that Snuggles the Bear is the antropomorphic God of Good Housekeeping?

Intriguing...

Fox
06-07-2004, 01:17 AM
Since no one else really gave an explanation as far as the plot goes, I'll do my best:

The machines were coming to destroy the people of Zion. However, at the same time, Agent Smith (a virus) was taking over the Matrix by assimilating everyone. The Machines rely on the Matrix to keep their human "plants" alive, and without The Matrix, the machines cannot exist.

And so, Neo makes a deal with the machine God: Neo kills Smith, restoring The Matrix to its original state, and in return, the Machines leave Zion alone. So Neo fights Smith, but eventual realizes that he can't kill him. During Smith's rambling at the end of the fight, Neo realizes that he and Agent Smith share a common goal: Neo's purpose is to end the war, and Smith's purpose is to end Neo. They are one in the same. Neo allows himself to be taken by Smith, and with Neo gone, Smith has no purpose, and is deleted.

Hope that helps. Oh, and if it didn't help, here's an alternative answer:

"Because the Wachowski's like to see you bend over and take it."

The One
06-09-2004, 05:44 PM
so...Splaya...are you ever going to give us YOUR explination........... :shifty: