PDA

View Full Version : Who is the best main-eventer in the WWE today?

Mayo
06-04-2004, 10:03 PM
So pick who you think is the overall best wrestler, taking promo skills, wrestling ability, drawing power, etc.

Evil Vito
06-04-2004, 10:04 PM
<font color=goldenrod>Eddie Guerrero</font>

Greendale
06-04-2004, 10:15 PM
Undertaker gets my vote.

The Rock shouldn't even be up there since he's obviously barely hasn't been in the WWE lately.

Mayo
06-04-2004, 10:15 PM
I voted for Kurt Angle. He barely beat out Eddie Guerrero though. They are both great wrestlers, both awesome on the mic, and both can draw a large number of fans. However, I chose Angle to break the tie because he can actually change between heel and face, whereas Eddie would probably not succeed as a heel anymore since he would get cheered too much. I also like Angle's wrestling style a little bit more, the amateur background that he has is great.

And come on, he won two gold medals with a broken freakin' neck!!! :D

Mayo
06-04-2004, 10:18 PM
Well I wasn't going to put The Rock or Angle on there because they don't wrestle at the moment, and The Rock barely shows up, but when he does he still draws a shitload of fans and puts on good matches. But your point is valid sir, and if nobody picks him, then we can pretend he's not even there ;)

John la Rock
06-04-2004, 11:07 PM
Eddie Guerrero hands down

c4g2
06-05-2004, 12:07 AM
Viva la Raza!

Goldbird
06-05-2004, 12:09 AM
Kurt Angle :)

ilt_undertaker
06-05-2004, 12:54 AM
I picked The Undertaker, thats my duty :D

Sensei Of Mattitude
06-05-2004, 01:14 AM
IMO Eddie Guerrero doesn't draw that much of a crowd. A casual fan really couldn't care a lot about Eddie Guerrero. A casual fan WOULD give a shit about The Undertaker, Kurt Angle, The Rock and even Shawn Michaels.

Would I buy a ticket to a local indy show if Eddie Guerrero was the only known star on it or if Taker/Rock/Angle/or Shawn Michaels was on it? No. Taker/Rock/Angle/HBK beatg Eddie and Benoit

HankScorpio
06-05-2004, 06:32 AM
IMO Kurt Angle shouldn't be in there, if he was wrestling he'd for sure be my choice, but because I'm a huge RAW fan I gotta say the Back Break Kid

LK
06-05-2004, 01:08 PM
Eddie Guerrero. I would have voted for Angle but he isn't really wrestling right now so Latino Heat gets my vote. Rock shouldn't be an option because he is barely ever there.

Joe Kerr
06-05-2004, 01:14 PM
Being that Kurt Angle doesnt wrestle anymore and the Rock is now a "actor" I eliminated them. Micheals and HHH are pass there main event status and Benoit doesnt really catch my attention. Eddie is a great entertainer but Im not a Eddie Mark. Undertaker however when you hear a Gong you know something is about to happen and thats what I enjoy.

Wildcat789
06-05-2004, 01:18 PM
I went with Guerrero, since Taker isn't main eventing at the moment.

HankScorpio
06-05-2004, 01:55 PM
Undertaker however when you hear a Gong you know something is about to happen and thats what I enjoy.

good quality point! :y:

Cruiserweight 3:16
06-05-2004, 02:33 PM
Eddie Guerrero - overall he's the best right now.

CBright7831
06-05-2004, 03:23 PM
Kurt Angle - He no longer wrestles.
Chris Benoit - He's World Champion and still being under used.
The Rock - He shouldn't be up here. He only wrestles once a year now.
HHH - He's at that point in his career where he can put guys over and still look strong in the world title pictures.
Eddie Guerrero - The only damn reason to watch Smackdown!.
The Undertaker - He's lazy as hell now although I like his look.
Shawn Michaels - Second to Triple H. He's probably had the best comeback in WWE history.

My choice: THE GAME-UH!

Fox
06-05-2004, 03:32 PM
Triple H.

No matter how much we hate him, the guy is still the biggest name in the WWE today. Although he doesn't seem to have the same drive he had back before his quad injury, he's proven that he can still put on a helluva match when he wants to try. Not to say that none of those other guys can do that, but Triple H also has the best drawing power and thus, makes people want to watch the main event and see him get his ass kicked.

Savio
06-05-2004, 03:35 PM
Wheres kane?

Oxstar
06-05-2004, 04:08 PM
I miss The Rock so much :'(

LK
06-05-2004, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by Saviour
Wheres kane?

I wouldn't really put him down as a main eventer right now. Should be but he's not :nono:

Sensei Of Mattitude
06-05-2004, 05:31 PM
EDDIE GUERREO DOESNT DRAW

PLUS HIS MIC SKILLS SUCK! HOW MANY TIMES AM I GOING TO HEAR "Essa Vato", "Ok, Holmes", "Viva La Raza". ALL ARE TERRIBLE CATCHPHASES.

Remember in WCW, he wasnt as mexican. He was a cold, cocky asshole (as a heel) but didnt talk with the HEAVY HEAVY ACCENT.

OMG, HE IS SO ANNOYING.

Can he wrestle? Oh hell yeah, but not a lot of people buy a ticket to see "EDDIE GUERRERO" wrestle as much as "THE UNDERTAKER"

.44 Magdalene
06-05-2004, 07:00 PM
Eugene. :shifty:

Nowhere Man
06-05-2004, 07:25 PM
Kurt Angle= Can't wrestle now due to neck injury, so doesn't count.

Chris Benoit= Gets my vote. Unmatched ring work (now that Angle's gone), incredible intensity, and is one of the few people I've seen who I feel are truly dedicated to the art. Plus, he looks like Solid Snake.

The Rock= Isn't a full-time wrestler anymore, so doesn't count.

HHH= I think everyone here knows how I feel about this fu</>cker.

Eddie Guerrero= Man, having to choose between him and Benoit is like pulling teeth. I just wish he didn't speak with that faux Cheech Marin accent as part of his gimmick. Other than that, there is absolutely nothing I can see that's wrong with Eddie.

The Undertaker= I'll admit to still being a Taker mark. But it's getting pretty obvious that he's on his last wind. I really think he needs to be used to put newer talent over (Taker giving Eddie the rub at Summerslam would be awesome), or else I'd say the Undead Cowboy is in need of being put to pasture.

Shawn Michaels= Still great as ever on the mic, and despite the back injuries, still works damn good matches on a fairly regular basis. On the other hand, I can't in good conscience ignore the backstage antics of him and Hunter, which is why I didn't vote for him.

The Show Off
06-06-2004, 09:36 PM
It's really either Triple H or Eddie Guerrero.

Triple H is the biggest heel draw in the WWE
Eddie is the biggest face draw in the WWE...

I have to give the nod to Triple H just because he's been so solid of a heel for so long.

MVP
06-06-2004, 09:39 PM
John Cena is actually the biggest face draw in the WWE, but he's not a main eventer so it doesn't matter in this poll.

Favre4Ever
06-06-2004, 09:44 PM
The fact of the matter is THIS!!! It doesnt matter if the Rocks wrestling now, it doesnt matter if he stopped wrestling 2 years ago, 4 years ago, 8 years ago, a MILLION years ago, all that matters is THIS: When the Rocks music hits, and the MILLIONS AND MILLIONS of the Rocks fans chant his name.....that fact ALONE makes the Rock.....the absolute BEST. IF YA SMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLL what the ROCK.....is ......cookin...

Fox
06-07-2004, 01:01 AM
.......wrestlings fake, dude.

Edge
06-07-2004, 01:11 AM
The fact of the matter is THIS!!! It doesnt matter if the Rocks wrestling now, it doesnt matter if he stopped wrestling 2 years ago, 4 years ago, 8 years ago, a MILLION years ago, all that matters is THIS: When the Rocks music hits, and the MILLIONS AND MILLIONS of the Rocks fans chant his name.....that fact ALONE makes the Rock.....the absolute BEST. IF YA SMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLL what the ROCK.....is ......cookin...

Whats he cookin ?

Edge
06-07-2004, 01:17 AM
I belive it should go in this order:

1)Eddie
2)Taker
3)HHH
4)Benoit
5)HBK

And one day we will have the option of voteing for this young man.

Rock Bottom
06-07-2004, 01:21 AM
Naturally I'd pick The Rock, if the fucker ever wrestled. Eddie Guerrero right now though. As much as I want to say Benoit, they are not even fucking using him right, despite the high hopes we all had for him because he was given so much credibility with his wins at WMXX and Backlash2k4.

Fryza
06-07-2004, 02:40 AM
Raven

Londoner
06-07-2004, 08:29 AM
IMO Eddie Guerrero doesn't draw that much of a crowd. A casual fan really couldn't care a lot about Eddie Guerrero. A casual fan WOULD give a shit about The Undertaker, Kurt Angle, The Rock and even Shawn Michaels.

Would I buy a ticket to a local indy show if Eddie Guerrero was the only known star on it or if Taker/Rock/Angle/or Shawn Michaels was on it? No. Taker/Rock/Angle/HBK beatg Eddie and Benoit

Eddie doesn't draw? Sorry but are you stupid or something?Eddie is carrying smackdown right now, the only reason why smackdown isn't drawing any fans is cos the rest of the show sucks.

Nowhere Man
06-07-2004, 09:53 PM
I belive it should go in this order:

1)Eddie
2)Taker
3)HHH
4)Benoit
5)HBK

And one day we will have the option of voteing for this young man.

And when that happens, I'll still be voting for Benoit.

HHHsucks929
06-07-2004, 11:23 PM
Eddie's the best in the world right now, as far as I'm concerned. I don't care how much ball-washing Triple H gets from his colleagues.