PDA

View Full Version : Joe Namath comments not on ESPN.com?

sledge
12-22-2003, 03:25 PM
http://www.local6.com/sports/2719807/detail.html

Joe Namath Makes Pass At ESPN Reporter On Camera
Interview Cut Short

POSTED: 7:27 a.m. EST December 22, 2003

NEW YORK -- It was a football sideline interview -- complete with a pass.

ESPN cut short an interview with Joe Namath during Saturday's Jets-Patriots game -- after some curious answers from the Hall of Fame quarterback.

When reporter Suzy Kolber asked Namath what the Jets' struggles this season mean to him personally, he leaned in and said: "I want to kiss you."

Kolber's reply: "Thanks, Joe. A huge compliment."

Namath later repeated: "I want to kiss you." Kolber sent it back to the announcers in the booth.

The network said Namath also "made some relevant football points" -- but adds it wouldn't have done the interview if it had known what Namath was going to say.

The Jets aren't commenting on the exchange.
________________________________________________________________________________________________

Here is my question: Why is this nowhere to be found on ESPN's website. This is a horrible thing to say to a professional woman who is just trying to do her job. I like Kolber - she knows her sports and was not hired just because she looks good. Shame on ESPN!

Yashamaga
12-22-2003, 03:56 PM
lol I saw that, he was shit housed

Supreme Olajuwon
12-22-2003, 04:01 PM
still the man after all these years

VonErich Lives
12-22-2003, 07:02 PM
Some people are comparing this to the reporting covering the Patriots (sorry, I can't remember her name) who had Zeke Mowat walk up to her in the lockeroom with his dick in his hand saying "Isn't this what you came here for"

Of course, there were also reports that she had hit on players in the lockeroom.

Anyway, Joe made an ass out of himelf.

Local radio has a guy who is a friend of hers, he called her and she's fine, said she felt sorry for Joe cause he made an ass out of himself and if they had known before it started he was that bombed they never would have put him on the air.

#1-wwf-fan
12-22-2003, 07:05 PM
lol. I saw that too. I was like... wtf?

Kris P Lettus
12-22-2003, 08:25 PM
Drunken Namath (http://members.cox.net/jvhsite1/namath.wmv)

The Outlaw
12-22-2003, 08:31 PM
LOL

Namath is the ****ing man.

YOUR Hero
12-24-2003, 05:31 PM
Drunk old guy. Pathetic :shifty:

PsychoSport
12-24-2003, 06:44 PM
Why are they being so uptight about it? It was funny. I think the reporter found it funny too.

YOUR Hero
12-24-2003, 07:27 PM
They who PsychoSport ?

PsychoSport
12-24-2003, 07:36 PM
"The network said Namath also "made some relevant football points" -- but adds it wouldn't have done the interview if it had known what Namath was going to say."

"The Jets aren't commenting on the exchange. "

All this stupid jargon. Just be human.

YOUR Hero
12-24-2003, 07:50 PM
I see no uptightness in those comments.

Of course they wouldn't do the interview if they knew he was drunk.
As for the Jets, why should they comment, it's not like it's their business.

PsychoSport
12-24-2003, 07:51 PM
I see no uptightness in those comments.

Of course they wouldn't do the interview if they knew he was drunk.
As for the Jets, why should they comment, it's not like it's their business.

It's just the way they said it. I don't know, I'm picky.

YOUR Hero
12-24-2003, 09:24 PM
Perhaps, I didn't see any live commnets about the incident. Just typed words.

Broadway Joe... :lol:

sledge
12-28-2003, 07:36 PM
Here is my point - If this had happened on CBS or FOX, ESPN would be running the interview 24/7. Instead, they have not run it once since it aired.