PDA

View Full Version : hey, remember these games.

KillerWolf
06-05-2004, 09:00 PM
i thought it would be fun to rehash some old atari, nentindo, super nes, and sega genisis games that ive always thought were exceptional for their time.

games like: Moonsweeper on atari.

and Mutant League Football on sega genesis

Kane Knight
06-06-2004, 03:06 AM
i thought it would be fun to rehash some old atari, nentindo, super nes, and sega genisis games that ive always thought were exceptional for their time.

games like: Moonsweeper on atari.

and Mutant League Football on sega genesis
Mutant league was an awesome concept, if a biazarre execution.

KillerWolf
06-06-2004, 12:11 PM
Mutant league was an awesome concept, if a biazarre execution.
i wish they would re-make it now for PS2 or X-Box.

el fregadero
06-06-2004, 12:12 PM
Are you asking us if we remember those games or are you telling us we have to remember them?

Kane Knight
06-06-2004, 01:03 PM
i wish they would re-make it now for PS2 or X-Box.
Or make some similar ones. :D

Cyke
06-07-2004, 05:54 AM
I wouldn't mind a brand new Paperboy. But hey, if you want to buy old games, you can always let Nintendo steal from you by getting classic NES titles like Excitebike, Super Mario Bros. and Bomberman EACH for $20 for your GBA.

Or, just enjoy some of the games that have been revived from the old days... like Ninja Gaiden. If any old franchise got as good a makeover as the Ninja Gaiden series did with its XBOX entry, then we wouldn't really need new franchises in the gaming industry.

Jonster
06-07-2004, 10:11 AM
Midway Arcade Treasures is full of good old games.
Was a bargain too :cool:

Cyke
06-07-2004, 03:48 PM
Midway Arcade Treasures is full of good old games.
Was a bargain too :cool:

And a second volume will be released this year, and it'll include the first three Mortal Kombat games, as well as Pit Fighter and other arcade classics. Mega Man Anniversary Collection is just around the corner, and Hyper Street Fighter II: Anniversary Edition will be released by the end of the year. It sure is a great time to be gamer.

Jonster
06-07-2004, 03:54 PM
And a second volume will be released this year, and it'll include the first three Mortal Kombat games, as well as Pit Fighter and other arcade classics. Mega Man Anniversary Collection is just around the corner, and Hyper Street Fighter II: Anniversary Edition will be released by the end of the year. It sure is a great time to be gamer.

Yeah I heard of the second one, looking pretty funky.

And I got Hyper SF II: Anniversary edition?
Or is that different to the 15 year anniversary edition?

deathtrap
06-07-2004, 04:19 PM
SENSIBLE SOCCER!

Oxstar
06-07-2004, 04:54 PM
NBA Jam was wicked, I loved that game. Is it the shoes?

Jonster
06-07-2004, 05:42 PM
SENSIBLE SOCCER!

Brilliant game, our teacher at school had an Amiga and Sensible World Of Soccer, and he arranged a league and a cup between those who wanted to play.
Used to steal a TV from the store and play during lessons, and dinner.
NBA Jam was wicked, I loved that game. Is it the shoes?
HE'S ON FIIIIIIIIIIRE!

Cyke
06-08-2004, 12:18 AM
And I got Hyper SF II: Anniversary edition?
Or is that different to the 15 year anniversary edition?

It's the same thing, though I've heard Street Fighter III will only be included in the American release.

Jonster
06-08-2004, 08:36 AM
It's the same thing, though I've heard Street Fighter III will only be included in the American release.
That is true, we got the anime which according to the box "Is in it's complete form" (or something like).
Which has been cut to take out the shower scene with Chun Li

Oxstar
06-08-2004, 12:20 PM
Hey anyone got a link to Street Fighter III? I don't believe I have ever seen this game.

Kane Knight
06-08-2004, 02:04 PM
That is true, we got the anime which according to the box "Is in it's complete form" (or something like).

Yeah, a whole two seconds od partial cartoon nudity, a little blood and a couple of swears.

That's the diff between the PG13 and Unrated versions over here. The shower scenes was less than you can see on fucking TV. Of course, the ads made a bigger deal out of the difference between the two, in hopes that they could get horny anime geeks to shell out.

Cyke
06-08-2004, 02:26 PM
Hey anyone got a link to Street Fighter III? I don't believe I have ever seen this game.

Here's a little info on it. (http://www.klov.com/game_detail.php?letter=&game_id=9823) You could also go to any site that has Dreamcast reviews on it, as the games were released for the late system.

I think the general Street Fighter fanbase, like myself, was unimpressed with Street Fighter III. It wasn't a bad series by any means, but it didn't catch on like Street Fighter II or Alpha, and my only theory is because of the great number of unknown characters to make an appearance. It did make it to three entries though, so I suppose it was a commercial success in the arcades.

I have the cut version (which doesn't tell me it's edited, by the way) on VHS, and the uncut version on DVD. There's really not much to it, and it's only an issue because it's an anime based on a video game, so it'll get more children exposure than any other anime with actual, explicit nudity.

Danny Electric
06-08-2004, 03:09 PM
I remember playing Double Dragon on my Atari ST, also Outrun, Starglider, Afterburn. I had loads more.

Nowhere Man
06-08-2004, 06:53 PM
BASE WARS: this old NES baseball game where you play with robots, and if you get tagged, you and the player who tagged you have to fight to the death with laser guns and lightsabers to see whether you're safe or out. I still don't know why this never caught on, because it was f</>ucking awesome.

Mankind
06-08-2004, 06:56 PM
Harvest Moon (NES)
Arch Rivals (NES)
Mike Tyson's Punch Out (NES)
Toe Jam and Earl (Genesis)
Shaq Fu (Genesis) (only kidding)

And BEAVIS AND BUTTHEAD (SNES, GENESIS, PC)

Kane Knight
06-09-2004, 12:24 PM
Harvest Moon (NES)
They've made several harvest Moon games.

Jonster
06-10-2004, 05:14 PM
They've made several harvest Moon games.
And I own the GC and GBA versions.
Very enjoyable :cool: