PDA

View Full Version : Who needs a new finisher?

Wondermouse
06-06-2004, 10:21 AM
And what should it be changed to?

We've been discussing Randy's finisher in his thread. But who else could use a new finisher in your opinion?

I don't really like Shelton's Exploder/Powerslam thing. It fits him, though. However, I'd think of him as more of a submissions guy, so I'd suggest a texas clovereleaf.

Cena's F-U should go... about 3 months ago. He could modify it to just fall down or something (make it a powerslam?) and call it an F-U 2. It's horrible, mostly because people have to job to it every week.

Who else?

HankScorpio
06-06-2004, 10:23 AM
Batista- the powerbomb needs to go
Rey Mysterio- I'm sorry but I've never liked the 619
Scotty too Hotty- the Worm Sucks major ass (but we all know that already)
Benoit- has the flying headbutt ever looked good??
as for what they should all be changed too, Hmm give me a while

Wondermouse
06-06-2004, 10:27 AM

Batista pretty much uses the Spinebuster now.

I agree with the 619 and the worm, of course. Rey could do so many things, but how about a 450? 360 Legdrop? Springboard it to be cool.

Scotty doesn't matter because he never wins.

I like the Swandive Headbutt. Besides, it's not really a finisher, and it's an homage to Dynamite Kid.

HankScorpio
06-06-2004, 10:29 AM

I agree with the 619 and the worm, of course. Rey could do so many things, but how about a 450? 360 Legdrop? Springboard it to be cool.

I like the Swandive Headbutt. Besides, it's not really a finisher, and it's an homage to Dynamite Kid.
:y:
real good points especially the Benoit point, I'd never thought of it like that
the 450 legdrop would be HUGE, a real eye-opener for the WWE

Cruiserweight 3:16
06-06-2004, 10:31 AM
Benoit needs a solid pinfall finisher considering he's a main-eventer now, Edge needs better finishers than the ones he's got. Cena's finisher is getting a bit boring now, but at least the crowd pop for it big style and it's not as if that many people kick out of it.

Funky Fly
06-06-2004, 10:32 AM

Pretty much what he said. :yes::y:

Mysterio could go back to using the top rope hurricanrana as well.

Funky Fly
06-06-2004, 10:33 AM
Cena should use the Emerald Fusion.

HankScorpio
06-06-2004, 10:34 AM
the only thing wrong about Cena (IMO) is his finisher, it really isn't the power move that its supposed to be, he's strong and needs something more devestating, I can't talk though, my finisher is an inverted atomic drop into a stunner..not very inventive but I think it looks good :)

HankScorpio
06-06-2004, 10:34 AM
whats that? I don't think I've heard of that?(although I'm not too bright)

Wondermouse
06-06-2004, 10:39 AM

Doesn't Misawa just drop the guy on his back, like a powerslam, but it's sold like a brainbuster type deal?

Edit: Emerald Fusion/Frosion/Flowsion is basically a move where Misawa picks up a guy and puts him on his shoulder, then drives his head into the mat. Tommy Dreamer used to do it - "Dreamer Driver." I hear Misawa just powerslams them, though.

Funky Fly
06-06-2004, 10:44 AM
whats that? I don't think I've heard of that?(although I'm not too bright)
Kinda like a powerslam into an inverted DDT/piledriver.

Funky Fly
06-06-2004, 10:47 AM
Doesn't Misawa just drop the guy on his back, like a powerslam, but it's sold like a brainbuster type deal?

Edit: Emerald Fusion/Frosion/Flowsion is basically a move where Misawa picks up a guy and puts him on his shoulder, then drives his head into the mat. Tommy Dreamer used to do it - "Dreamer Driver." I hear Misawa just powerslams them, though.
Well, there's more than 1 way to execute it.

Basically, you start with the guy being on your shoulder, Rikishi-Driver style. From there, you can go 1 of 3 ways: piledriver (with the opponent's head on the outside of your leg, like a DDT), reverse DDT/brainbuster or a snap powerslam.

HankScorpio
06-06-2004, 10:49 AM
Well, there's more than 1 way to execute it.

Basically, you start with the guy being on your shoulder, Rikishi-Driver style. From there, you can go 1 of 3 ways: piledriver (with the opponent's head on the outside of your leg, like a DDT), reverse DDT/brainbuster or a snap powerslam.

excellent :y: cheers

LK
06-06-2004, 10:55 AM
I actually think that Batista's powerbomb looks quite good and it looks like it has a lot of impact.

The worm and the F-U are the finishers that have to go. I also think that Rey Mysterio should get an alternate finisher. It's just when he's facing guys like the Undertaker or Big Show and he hits the 619 and then sets up for the Hurricanrana you know that he's going to be caught. So if he could do something like a 450 legdrop then that would be ace.

HankScorpio
06-06-2004, 10:56 AM
I actually think that Batista's powerbomb looks quite good and it looks like it has a lot of impact.

The worm and the F-U are the finishers that have to go. I also think that Rey Mysterio should get an alternate finisher. It's just when he's facing guys like the Undertaker or Big Show and he hits the 619 and then sets up for the Hurricanrana you know that he's going to be caught. So if he could do something like a 450 legdrop then that would be ace.

Everytime Rey goes for the 619 I always have to say that he won't hit it, you'd b surprised how many times I'm right :lol:

Nowhere Man
06-06-2004, 12:23 PM
Well, technically, the 619 isn't Rey's finisher. Just a way to set up for the two finishers he uses nowadays (the West Coast Pop and the Springboard Leg Drop) Plus, it gets a pretty big pop from the crowd. It's kinda funny how the dumbest looking signature moves usually end up being mega-over with the crowd. I'd still like to see him start using the top rope frankensteiner again, though.

Anyways, who do I think needs a new finisher?

Booker T- nobody buys the Scissors Kick anymore, and the Book End makes him look like a second-rate Rock.

Chris Benoit- keep the Crossface, Sharpshooter, and the Headbutt, but also add in a viable pinfall maneuver. Maybe if he started using the Wildbomb again (just a regular powerbomb, but Benoit's looks wicked)

Chris Jericho- has anyone been pinned by the Lionsault since 2002? The Walls of Jericho is still a good submission, but I'd like to see him break out the double-powerbomb again

Bradshaw- for the love of God, it's just a damn clothesline!

Shelton Benjamin- the Exploder Suplex looks nice, but I'd keep that as a secondary move. I'm gonna go with Wondermouse and say the Texa Cloverleaf would be good for him.

HankScorpio
06-06-2004, 12:35 PM
^^
I love the Texas Cloverleaf. one of my favourite submission moves!

Lara Emily
06-06-2004, 12:41 PM
Benouit could bring back his top rope powerbomb

Wildcat789
06-06-2004, 12:50 PM
Ric Flair. He's had the same one for 30 years. JK

But seriously, I think they need to find a way to make the RKO more impactful. It goes along perfectly with Orton's wrestling style, but it lacks the factor that other finishers have.

Since JBL has a new gimmick, he REALLY needs to change that finisher. It just doesn't fit, and it also looks so friggin weak.

Cena, Scotty are obvious one. But the crowd gets really into them, so I'd leave em alone for now.

Dazz
06-06-2004, 01:15 PM
Mortikai should, he has just nicked the Razor's edge.

Favre4Ever
06-06-2004, 01:22 PM
Booker T - I won't dispute his current moves, because this guy is top notch, but lets put that Harlem Hangover back to work!

The Worm is Scottys crowd pop move, if the WWE won't let him keep his dignity, at least let him keep that. But lose the baby blue pants. NOW.

JBL- Hey, a Powerbomb is both credible and original!!! :roll:

Cena - you know, when the F-U was the "Death Valley Driver", it was the shit. But the F-U.....come on now. He needs somethin electric.....ELECTRIC CHAIR DROP! BAH GAWD!

Dudleyz - we seen their moves a million times. Mabye two million. Remember the 3D B? Thy should work taht and some other crazy tag moves into the rountine, if they really are the "Greatest Tag Champs of all Time."

I know this is supposed to be about new finishers, but ive got one i wanna see just gone, no replacement...........

Undertaker - Your not alive anymore. Your DEAD. And that means the Last Ride is dead. So let it die. Please.

Stickman
06-06-2004, 01:30 PM
I hate Kurt Angle's Olympic Slam with passion, it's in the same boat as Cena's move and Benjamins. They just look weak.

King Jericho
06-06-2004, 07:22 PM
as for what they should all be changed too, Hmm give me a while

The Powerbomb is Batista's best move.

The 619 isn't Rey's Finisher, its the West Coast Pop.

The worm I agree with.

Benoit's Flying Headbutt looks sweet when he hits in when theres some distance, but was never his finisher.

:y:

Wondermouse
06-06-2004, 07:23 PM
Benouit could bring back his top rope powerbomb

That was wicked when he pulled it out against Lyger.

I don't think Jericho or Benoit should or would be able to use Powerbombs. A lot of the bigger guys on the roster discourage taking power moves from smaller guys.

It's a shame he can't bridge suplexes anymore.

Oh, another one - how about Edge? I love the spear, but he can't do it. They're building him up as an intense big guy, so I don't think the Downard Spiral's coming back. He could use the implant DDT, or maybe the Edgecator, an awesome submission move.

I agree about Booker's moves. He pulled out the Missle Dropkick against UT, so maybe he could use that as a finisher.

However, Book End > Rock Bottom.

How I hate hate hate the 619. It's one of those business exposing moves where the opponent has to sell forever, like the worm and Booker's scissors kick. Maybe if Booker kicked them in the nuts they'd have a reason to say doubled over.

I hate Kurt Angle's Olympic Slam with passion, it's in the same boat as Cena's move and Benjamins. They just look weak.

Weak moves that look cool get a pass. Just like the F-U, the "Original" Slam wouldn't be weak if it was allowed to be done properly. And you know how Angle is, he'd do anything to please a crowd.

MVP
06-06-2004, 07:45 PM
I agree with pretty much everything that's been said above.

I think Michael Shane should deviate himself from using the Super Kick, there are just too many other people using it, and it's nothing special of a finisher. Plus it'd help him shed the "Shawn Michaels's Cousin" gimmick which is going to put him in his cousin's shadow.

Wondermouse
06-06-2004, 07:54 PM
I agree with pretty much everything that's been said above.

I think Michael Shane should deviate himself from using the Super Kick, there are just too many other people using it, and it's nothing special of a finisher. Plus it'd help him shed the "Shawn Michaels's Cousin" gimmick which is going to put him in his cousin's shadow.
Put he doesn't want to she the Shawn Michaels' Cousin gimmick.