PDA

View Full Version : Something I Noticed In The Rundown

Da Stinga
12-22-2003, 03:57 PM
Yo, :wave:

First of all, i hope this is alrite in this forum, cos its kinda both movie and wrestling related.

Ok, you people in the US probably already know about this, but here in the UK we still aint got The Rundown yet. I downloaded it and jus watched it and noticed that Vince McMahon is one of the producers in the film :-\ . Whas up with that?

I then went and looked over at the IMDb message board and saw things including that The Rock and Vince have an agreement whereby Dwayne Johnson owns the right to "The Rock" but that Vince has to be a producer on any film the rock does.

What do ya think about this? Do any of ya know any more info about this?

Stinga

Rob
12-22-2003, 04:07 PM
Yo, :wave:

First of all, i hope this is alrite in this forum, cos its kinda both movie and wrestling related.

Ok, you people in the US probably already know about this, but here in the UK we still aint got The Rundown yet. I downloaded it and jus watched it and noticed that Vince McMahon is one of the producers in the film :-\ . Whas up with that?

I then went and looked over at the IMDb message board and saw things including that The Rock and Vince have an agreement whereby Dwayne Johnson owns the right to "The Rock" but that Vince has to be a producer on any film the rock does.

What do ya think about this? Do any of ya know any more info about this?

Stinga

That is exactly why it is. Don't care too much about it.

The CyNick
12-22-2003, 06:59 PM
It makes sense that Vince should get a small cut of Rock's movie roles, since he had a huge part in creating his image and giving him a platform to become a huge star.

Pepsi Man
12-22-2003, 07:01 PM
So wait, this means that hypothetically, if Mr. Johnson were to wrestle anywhere else, then he could still use the monicker "The Rock"?

I mean, it still wouldn't be a film...

AareDub
12-22-2003, 07:22 PM
Yea, and if you notice all the football clips they show are XFL clips. As soon as I saw that I knew Vince had his hand in there somewhere.

thebitch
12-22-2003, 08:40 PM
So wait, this means that hypothetically, if Mr. Johnson were to wrestle anywhere else, then he could still use the monicker "The Rock"?

I mean, it still wouldn't be a film...

If what they say is actually true, then yes, hypothetically, he could still use the name "The Rock"

I dunno...having Vince McMahon produce all of my movies to own a name...it isn't worth it.

natureboycv
12-22-2003, 08:43 PM
<font color=8307ff><b>Yeah, Rock is still under contract to WWE, so when he has parts in movies, Vince McMahon will say that it's okay to do the movie if he gets producer or executive producer credits. You'll see it in The Rundown and The Scorpion King.</font></b>

Kane Knight
12-22-2003, 09:00 PM
If what they say is actually true, then yes, hypothetically, he could still use the name "The Rock"

I dunno...having Vince McMahon produce all of my movies to own a name...it isn't worth it.

With vince comes gratuitous cross-promotion on WWE TV. Yeah, what an awful deal. :lol: