PDA

View Full Version : memorable 'surprising' FACE turn

Joe Kerr
06-07-2004, 05:51 PM
weve got a thread on heel turns so i figured why not a face turn.

Kurt Angle turns on the Alliance to help Vince and the WWE become victorious at Survivor series.

Loose Cannon
06-07-2004, 05:53 PM
They were heel. That's a heel turn ;)

Favre4Ever
06-07-2004, 05:55 PM
That wasn't a face turn big guy. Thats a heel turn.

But i'll let that slide and post a big face turn one.

Probably Chyna joining back with DX at W15, even if it was only for about 30 minutes.

I-Hate-You
06-07-2004, 05:59 PM
That was a heel turn.

:n:

Loose Cannon
06-07-2004, 06:00 PM
Here are a couple of my fav's:

*Perfect turning face back in 92 when he teamed with Savage at Survivor Series against Flair and Razor. Remember Perfect was about to walk out on Savage and then he had second thoughts and came back. That was great.

*Andre at WM 7 when he attacked Heenan and Haku

*Savage at WM 7 when he reunited with Elizabeth. Man, that was a great PPV. Everybody hates it though. It's one of my all-time fav's.

*Lugar when he came out and slammed Yoko.

The One
06-07-2004, 06:10 PM
Face turns are never as exciting as heel turns....that's my truth and I am sticking to it...

But back to the topic at hand...

Kurt Angle during the Team WWF vs. Team WCW match....not really a face turn since he was still heel...but he was a heel attacking another heel for the good of the face team.

I-Hate-You
06-07-2004, 06:20 PM
*Andre at WM 6 when he attacked Heenan and Haku.
Fixed.

The Naitch
06-07-2004, 06:23 PM
I like The Rock turning heel for 1 minute when he Rock Bottomed Vince to "join the alliance"

1 minute later, he Rock Bottomed Shane and turned back face to join WWF.

:y:

Favre4Ever
06-07-2004, 06:25 PM
Heres a real weird one: Austin turning face after the Alliance angle, and Angle turning heel. Over the last three months, we were screamin for Angle and booing for Austin, and in one episode we were expected to turn all of our beliefs inside out. INSIDE OUT I TELL YOU.

tucsonspeed6
06-07-2004, 06:26 PM
weve got a thread on heel turns so i figured why not a face turn.

Im going with austin turning on the Rock to get the title at wrestlemanina (17 or 18) This began the Two Man Power Trip with Triple H.

Hence why that was such a horrible turn...Nobody knew that he was heel. Everyone just cheered because they thought Vince turned face.

Sensei Of Mattitude
06-07-2004, 06:32 PM
Heres a real weird one: Austin turning face after the Alliance angle, and Angle turning heel. Over the last three months, we were screamin for Angle and booing for Austin, and in one episode we were expected to turn all of our beliefs inside out. INSIDE OUT I TELL YOU.

INSIDE OUT!

tucsonspeed6
06-07-2004, 06:34 PM

I remember that. That one alone almost single handedly forced me to quit watching wrestling. Over the course of one night I had absolutly no idea what the hell was going on anymore. Everybody was booing faces and cheering heels. I was just like "WTF". Terrible terrible writing.....grunt!

Loose Cannon
06-07-2004, 06:39 PM
Fixed.

what? Are you implying wrestling is fixed? I didn't know that.

LK
06-07-2004, 06:39 PM
I would say that when Angle turned against Austin at the end of the alliance angle was the most suprising face turn that I have ever seen. And I could see that coming from the second I saw Angle on the outside. So I haven't seen many really suprising face turns.

tucsonspeed6
06-07-2004, 06:46 PM
Not really...when he "joined" the Aliance, I knew it was because he was a plant to bring them down.

Batsu
06-07-2004, 07:03 PM
When The Rock (as leader of The Nation) took on HHH in a ladder match for the IC belt at Summerslam 98. It wasn't exactly a face "turn" per se, but it was akin to the Stone Cold-Bret match at WM13.

I-Hate-You
06-07-2004, 07:15 PM
what? Are you implying wrestling is fixed? I didn't know that.
No, you said it was WM 7. It was actually WM 6. I was correcting you.

Sorry.

Loose Cannon
06-07-2004, 07:17 PM
oh lol. My bad. I didn't know what you meant. :y:

Joe Kerr
06-07-2004, 08:08 PM
you know something I ment to put Kurt angle turning face at the end of the invasion. I was thinking about wrestlemanina when I wrote this...so it shall be fixed.

Innovator
06-07-2004, 08:14 PM
The Rock becoming the People's Champ and going against the Corporation

Of course the Austin - Bret match at WM 13

Favre4Ever
06-07-2004, 09:12 PM
Kurt didn't join the Alliance to become a bug for the WWF - from what I remember, Angle was wholeheartedly into it, and turned on Austin so he could keep his job and not be fired. And thats where the heel heat began.

Joe Kerr
06-07-2004, 09:20 PM
Kurt didn't join the Alliance to become a bug for the WWF - from what I remember, Angle was wholeheartedly into it, and turned on Austin so he could keep his job and not be fired. And thats where the heel heat began.

He helped the WWE win. He didnt know which side was going to win He couldve came down and helped the Alliance. He got heat when he was face and turned heel then when he turned back to face only half the fans cheered him. He remained a face for a month or so before going back to Heel.

HHHsucks929
06-07-2004, 11:17 PM
The night The Rock turned on the corporation (the night after Backlash 1999).

It was only for one night, but the night the New Age Outlaws made everyone think they joiend the corporation and turned on the corporation in the same night.

Honestly... The night Bam Bam Bigelow turned on the Million Dollar Corporation. If only for that one night it was good for me.

...After much thought, the great heel turns seem to heavily outweigh the great face turns in WWE history.

mrslackalack
06-07-2004, 11:54 PM
Back in the days I was on here as Willyumslack and some1 put up their list of 50 best heel turns of all time and I put out a 50 best face turns on here and i got a lot of good reps on it by the great people on tpww.net forums

I dont remember what I put as number 1 but I remember Beefcake turning face at WM 3 and cutting adonis Hair and in WCW in 98 When Nash turned face and formed the Wolfpac

Favre4Ever
06-08-2004, 01:31 AM
No, he didn't remain face for a month, Joey. The RAW after Invasion, the Rock and Angle got in an argument, and the Rock was pissed that Angle had been hitting him with chairs all month. So the had a match for the W

Favre4Ever
06-08-2004, 01:34 AM
No, he didn't remain face for a month, Joey. The RAW after Invasion, the Rock and Angle got in an argument, and the Rock was pissed that Angle had been hitting him with chairs all month. So they had a match for the World Title, and the Rock won with a small package. Then Vince offered Angle the WWF Championship. He said he was gonna strip it off of SCSA and give it to him. But thats when Flair made his WWF return and declared he owned half the company. Then Stone Cold ran down to the ring, stunned Vince and Angle, and Flair let Austin take his Title. This is where the Austin/Angle face/heel switch was made.

Sometimes I hate myself.

Boondock Saint
06-08-2004, 02:09 AM
No, he didn't remain face for a month, Joey. The RAW after Invasion, the Rock and Angle got in an argument, and the Rock was pissed that Angle had been hitting him with chairs all month. So they had a match for the World Title, and the Rock won with a small package. Then Vince offered Angle the WWF Championship. He said he was gonna strip it off of SCSA and give it to him. But thats when Flair made his WWF return and declared he owned half the company. Then Stone Cold ran down to the ring, stunned Vince and Angle, and Flair let Austin take his Title. This is where the Austin/Angle face/heel switch was made.

Sometimes I hate myself.

You mean the RAW after Survivor Series?