PDA

View Full Version : Who would you have as Smackdown GM?

Mayo
06-09-2004, 08:10 PM
I like Bischoff as Raw GM. He isn't totally a heel GM as he sometimes goes against heels when they piss him off. Angle isn't bad as Smackdown GM, however he will hopefully get into the ring again soon once his surgery is done and he is healthy again. My question is who would you choose to replace Angle with?

Steph as Smackdown GM has been done before. She looked really hot as GM, and was more of a face-type GM but I don't want to see her back. Michaels has been a GM before, but he is now wrestling again. Foley left wrestling again, and he was hilarious as a face GM, but I wouldn't want to see him as GM again. Same deal with Heyman and Austin.

Would Shane McMahon work? He is involved with the business side of the WWE, but so is Vince, and he keeps returning. Shane has charisma, and he would be good as either a heel or face GM. Fans haven't seen him wrestling on tv for quite a while (which is a good thing), so he would be fresh and something different.

How about someone totally new as GM?

Sting?
Hogan?
Bret Hart? :p

HardyStonerfan
06-09-2004, 08:18 PM
Out of random weirdness, and for no apperent reason at all, but to make me happy. (I know this won't happen) Make Jeff Hardy the GM of Smackdown..it would be Fing Helrious. Hehehe, It would honest!!

The Forgotten One
06-09-2004, 08:23 PM
Bret Hart

Mayo
06-09-2004, 08:26 PM
Out of random weirdness, and for no apperent reason at all, but to make me happy. (I know this won't happen) Make Jeff Hardy the GM of Smackdown..it would be Fing Helrious. Hehehe, It would honest!!

What in the blue hell would Jeff Hardy do as a GM? He barely talked on the mic throughout his career, and he wasn't even a great wrestler by most standards. It seems that you can be a GM only if you were involved in the business for a long time, are a legendary type wrestler, you were good on the mic, you are family of the company's owner, etc. What im basically saying is that not just anybody can be GM, and that you have to be recognized by all fans.

Hardy was a midcarder who lacked in his ringwork, and entertained his fans by jumping through tables. I definitely wouldnt be laughing if he appeared on my tv in a suit with his purple and green hair and facepaint :wtf:

HardyStonerfan
06-09-2004, 08:33 PM
Neither would I...I was just being randomly stupid. To be seriously honest for a minute somthing thats hard for me..let me put my pot down. I would have to say Brett Hart honestly would make a good GM for Smackdown.

Peace)

Favre4Ever
06-09-2004, 08:34 PM
First of all, Jeff Hardy has a terrible Southern accent. Thats reason enough that he shouldnt be Smackdown! GM.

I would like, in the future, to see Paul Heyman or Vince Mcmahon reclaim the reigns of Smackdown GM. It just seems to me that Smackdown! need a bad guy running things. And I think that Paul Bearer and Johnny Nitro should be kind of the "left" and "right" hands of whatever GM is chosen. Undertaker would kind of just sic the guys who pissed off the management, and therefore it wouldnt be as important to put the title on him.

HardyStonerfan
06-09-2004, 08:38 PM
Jesus get a CLUE! I WAS KIDDING!!! JEEZEEEESUS!!

OssMan
06-09-2004, 08:40 PM
Jeezeesus.

.44 Magdalene
06-09-2004, 09:27 PM
Oh my GOD, imagine the pops Bret would get if he suddenly came back as GM of Smackdown!. Ah, well. I'd go with Heyman, just to bring back the irony of having Heyman GMing one show and Bischoff GMing the other. Pure gold. Plus, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a Heyman fan.

ColdwaVer
06-09-2004, 09:45 PM
I saw no logic in removing Heyman, except maybe to give Angle something to do. When Angle has run his course at it, put Heyman or Stephanie back in.

6to1
06-09-2004, 09:49 PM
shane is the best choise i don't see bret coming back if he does it would be like the rock do about 2 or 3 shows

V
06-09-2004, 10:03 PM
ricky martin, he could give special title shots to renee dupree, and then they can come out together to "livin lavida' loca" doing the french dance together at the ramp while the music plays

ColdwaVer
06-09-2004, 10:05 PM
ricky martin, he could give special title shots to renee dupree, and then they can come out together to "livin lavida' loca" doing the french dance together at the ramp while the music plays

They Rico could ride them both around the ring... :shifty:

Shadow
06-09-2004, 10:55 PM
Hmmm...as much as I want Jeff Hardy as GM that would work. Sorry NC....how about Sean O' Haire as GM? Or how about Jonny Nitro? You know he got fired monday so this could be his way of getting revenge on Eric. Yeah...have Jonny Nitro as GM of SD!. That's who I'd have.

The CyNick
06-09-2004, 11:10 PM
Heyman makes the most sense to me, I dont see why they would go with anyone else.

HardyStonerfan
06-09-2004, 11:10 PM
I WAS JOKEING! :Rolls:

Batsu
06-09-2004, 11:22 PM
Heyman makes the most sense to me, I dont see why they would go with anyone else.

Heyman is the best choice.

Gone Mad
06-10-2004, 12:28 AM
I think Heyman would also be the best choice and if all possibilties,if he wasn't very religious like he is now and go back to his old-school form, Ted DiBiase. He would be the perfect choice because he would con so many on the roster to pay up if they really wanted something. And I said Million Dollar Man,so don't give me JBL is the same mumbo-jumbo. And as for Jeff to be GM,I could imagine every promo when it starts to fail,he'll just randomly just crash into a table to get the crowd going again.

Heyman
06-10-2004, 12:30 AM
<font color=white>

A heel Shane McMahon would be pretty cool IMO.

John la Rock
06-10-2004, 12:50 AM
I'd say bring back Paul Heyman but Shane McMahon could work too

Sensei Of Mattitude
06-10-2004, 01:02 AM
no F*CKING GMs!

GMs SUCK!

OMG

I CANT STRESS ENOUGH

if I had to choose...... probably Bret Hart but switching GMs every two weeks is gay

Innovator
06-10-2004, 01:02 AM
Jake The Snake: hell you can have him blow lines on TV and it will be more entertaining than a JBL match

Sensei Of Mattitude
06-10-2004, 01:04 AM
DEFINITELY:

Bret Hart
Shane O'Mac (Heel)
Johnny Nitro
or Jake The Snake Roberts

All are good choices

BUT NO GMs!

HardyStonerfan
06-10-2004, 01:07 AM
BUT NO GMs!

Here here, I acctually agree with this point. What they need to do is end this whole..>RAW/Smackdown Brand stuff crap. NO GM's WHO CARES if the Champs half to work more! Thats what they got into the buisness for.

(Peace)

.44 Magdalene
06-10-2004, 01:17 AM
GAH. I see why you people don't like Hardy fans around here...sweet Heavenly Jebus...anyway:

And as for Jeff to be GM,I could imagine every promo when it starts to fail,he'll just randomly just crash into a table to get the crowd going again.

That would be funny as hell.

Jeff: ...So then...we're gonna, like, do this roulette thing...where uh...I spin this wheel here...and uhh...

Crowd: ...

Jeff: ...and whatever it...uhh... ::Randomly jumps out a window.::

Crowd: ::Goes nuts!::

Azriel
06-10-2004, 08:58 AM
Well, I would love to see Steph come back, especially considering I'm a Steph mark.

Sephiroth
06-10-2004, 09:02 AM
I would mark out if Bret would choose to be a GM on Smackdown! :drool:

Azriel
06-10-2004, 09:13 AM
That would be cool.

Wondermouse
06-10-2004, 10:34 AM
Here here, I acctually agree with this point. What they need to do is end this whole..>RAW/Smackdown Brand stuff crap. NO GM's WHO CARES if the Champs half to work more! Thats what they got into the buisness for.

(Peace)

Great idea. Let's bury talent even more. RVD, Booker, Rey, Jericho, start opening cards.

The whole "evil GM" bit is played out. However, take anyone with good mic skills and make them impartial.

HankScorpio
06-10-2004, 10:47 AM
I'm sorry but I thought Heyman was the best GM that SmackDown's had.

Bring him back!

big_bluto
06-10-2004, 11:31 AM
R V D

Just kidding......Paul Heyman, but it really depends what they do with the Kurt Angle angle.

HankScorpio
06-10-2004, 11:33 AM
If Kurt is coming back for SummerSlam I don't see any point in him being GM, unless its to build him a fued with someone, maybe Cena or most likely Big Show (I expect him back around then too)

Stickman
06-10-2004, 12:33 PM
How about they find somebody to STAY as gm. Bishoff has been GM for a couple years, why can't they do the same for Smackdown? No more wrestler GMs.

c4g2
06-10-2004, 12:35 PM
Hardcore Holly :shifty:

*Rene Dupree enters Hardcore's office*
Dupree: Mr Holly, I think you should push me more...
Holly: Hey young man, how long have you been in WWE?
Dupree: Erm...
Holly: How many people have you jobbed to?
Dupree: Well, since I came here to Smackdown, I jobbed to Cena twice...
Holly: Well, that's certainly not enough! Here, you have to pay your dues before you can have success, ya know? ;)
Dupree: Well, I certainly feel my anti-USA gimmick is getting major heat...
Holly: Yes, yes, young man! That is why I am going to give that gimmick to Rikishi!!!
Dupree: :eek:
Holly: Ah! That would be amazing, Rikishi dancing and wiping the US flag on his ass and sitting down on it! Now, my friend, that is major heat!
Dupree: Mr Holly, can you reconsider?
Holly: No way!
Dupree: But Mr Holly-
*Gets Alablama-slammed through the office table*

:|

Mayo
06-10-2004, 06:30 PM
Jake The Snake: hell you can have him blow lines on TV and it will be more entertaining than a JBL match

:lol:

Mayo
06-10-2004, 06:33 PM
Great idea. Let's bury talent even more. RVD, Booker, Rey, Jericho, start opening cards.

The whole "evil GM" bit is played out. However, take anyone with good mic skills and make them impartial.

I agree wholeheartedly with this statement. Steph was more or less impartial, and the main reason she could be considered face is because shes pretty freakin' hot :drool:

The main reason that many GM's are heel is to try and get the faces over more, since it is much harder to gain heat as a face than as a heel.

tucsonspeed6
06-10-2004, 06:38 PM
GAH. I see why you people don't like Hardy fans around here...sweet Heavenly Jebus...anyway:

That would be funny as hell.

Jeff: ...So then...we're gonna, like, do this roulette thing...where uh...I spin this wheel here...and uhh...

Crowd: ...

Jeff: ...and whatever it...uhh... ::Randomly jumps out a window.::

Crowd: ::Goes nuts!::

Close but no cigar. The correct way to say it was:

Jeff: ....and whatever it....uhh.... ::Randomly jumps out a window::

Every thirteen year old female and younger in the audience: ::Goes nuts::

LK
06-10-2004, 06:54 PM
Anyone but Steph. I can't take listening to that voice again. Shane would be a good choice but I doubt he will get it. My prefered options would be Bret Hart or Paul Heyman. Heyman was the best SMackdown GM and having Hart back would just rule. I wouldn't want Sting because I want him wrestling on Raw.

The One
06-10-2004, 07:12 PM
You know who would make a good GM...Billy Gunn... :shifty: ...anyone... *cricket* ... :'( ...I shall leave now.

julian gray
06-10-2004, 07:49 PM
Here's an idea I posted on another wrestling site a while ago about the next Smackdown GM. You might find it interesting, but it's in much more detail than other posts. Anyway, enjoy!
---------------------

I got bored revising got my exams, so decided to write my script for bringing in a new GM for Smackdown to take my mind off of it. As you do. Anyway, I've never done anything like this before, and would appreciate if you took the time to read it-it is pretty long though, so be prepared.

It kind of plays on the upcoming American Presidential elections. Bear in mind I think Smackdown should act as if they’re really in competition with Raw much like WCW was with WWF. Hence they don’t say their name, can’t show footage etc.

Keep with it, I think it’s pretty good… but don’t say I didn’t warn you that it’s long!

WEEK ONE: Angle Resigns
Kurt Angle is only hurting his reputation as the General Manager. WWE should let him recuperate properly off the road. Not only will he be less jaded on his return, but also the fans will anticipate it far more. Keep him heel by making him quit by going down the Bret Hart route, cutting a promo saying;
“the WWE is a disgrace! WWE Champions used to be men of integrity. Now we’ve got a thief as Heavyweight Champ, a rapper as US Champ and homo-erotic tag team Champions. I’ve had enough. I’m going to Greece to commentate on the Olympics, with real wrestling. Maybe I’ll come back when this company has regained its integrity.”

WEEK TWO: Vince’s reaction
Tweener Vince announces himself in charge until a replacement is found. He then goes on to say “every appointment I make seems to backfire. We’ve had three Smackdown GMs in a year. Well I’m fed up with worrying about it. So I’m going to leave it up to the fans. I’ll draw up a list of four candidates. Over the next month, I’ll interview each of them here on Smackdown. When they’ve all had the chance to give you their manifestos, their will be a Presidential debate live on Smackdown between the four candidates. Then a two-week long election will take place on WWE.com, with the winner announced at the Great American Bash.[I]

Tazz and Michael Cole spend the rest of the show wondering who the four candidates are, hyping the campaign that will start next week

WEEK THREE: First Primary
Vince introduces the first candidate. He’s got integrity. He’s a true WWE legend. He’s a man of the people. He’s Bobby Heenan!
In his in-ring interview, Heenan exposes himself as being completely out of the loop with current wrestling. [I] My first action would be to introduce a Cruiserweight Championship. Then I’ll unite the WWE with Crockett’s territory. Finally, he promises to bring back classic superstars like Owen Hart. *Psyche.* Really says he promises to coax Bret Hart, the Macho Man + Ultimate Warrior out of retirement!

WEEK FOUR: Second Primary
Vince thinks maybe he needs someone more responsive to the modern market. Although he hates the guy, there’s one person who understands modern wrestling fans better than anyone. He’s the guy that moulded wrestling into what it is today. He’s Paul Heyman!
Heyman grabs the mic; “WWE needs me as GM. The product is too polished. You fans are boring. You are spoon-fed shit, and you keep eating it up. You buy a nice t-shirt of a white rapper wannabe? You cheer for a dancing Samoan? You are all idiots! Vote for Heyman, and I’ll drag this company up to date.”

WEEK FIVE: Third Primary
Vince reminisces of how he made the WWE what it is today. [I]"I did it by surrounding himself with strong men. See, it’s an organisation, a group effort. I realise the impact people who have helped him have made. With that in mind, I knows I could distribute power to them at any time. So the third Candidate is… well… it’s a joint candidate. It’s Brisco and Patterson!".

During their interview, Vince asks the Stooges closed questions with yes/no answers. e.g. “will you sign wrestlers to long contracts?”, at which stage they wait for Vince’s reaction [slight nod/shake of head] before replying in accordance to Vince’s wishes. Eventually, Brisco starts to elaborate at an answer, at which point Vince says “we’re out of time! But if you like the product as it is, these two guys will keep it ticking over!” Basically, Vince is setting them up as puppet leaders.

WEEK SIX: Fourth and Final Primary
On the Raw prior to this episode of Smackdown, Eugene gains yet another win, despite Regal’s intervention. Bischoff sacks him for failing to control Eugene. Regal stays heel by hitting Eugene with the brass knucks.

Vince comes to the ring to start the show;
[I]“A month ago I decided on four candidates for GM. You’ve seen Heenan, Heyman and the Stooges. The fourth was a guy that worked here a few years ago. He was a key part of the company; my right-hand man. He left to join WCW, but the door has always been open for his return. He did an OK job there, but the politics always held him back. I know he’d be a great General Manager for Smackdown.

BUT… last week, another guy with experience as a GM on another show came available. And what’s more, this man has a more successful record that the person I originally had in mind. So... here’s your final candidate, William Regal!"

Regal comes out to heat from the crowd who were expecting to see Russo come out or remember his actions on Raw. Regal walks to the ring without his usual pomp. He takes the mic and says “Hello <city name>. I’m William Regal. I recently lost my job in the other wrestling organisation in a dispute with my boss. You see, he asked me to do something I couldn’t do. He wanted me to bully a fellow employee… a friend of mine… into quitting the job he loves. I refused to do it. I have principles. And I got sacked for them. I need a second chance in this business. I’ve had a serious illness. I thought I was going to die from it. <explains illness>. God has given me a second chance at living. Now won’t you do the same? Please, vote for me as your Smackdown GM.”

Regal leaves to a mixed reaction from the confused crowd.

WEEK SEVEN: the Smear Campaigns
Like in all elections, the candidates undertake negative campaigns against their opponents. Each candidate runs two 30 second propaganda videos throughout the Smackdown before the Great American Bash. One highlights the good quality of the candidate, the other insulting one of their opponents.

e.g.
Regal's ad --> Heyman is a thug, has ‘controversial’ financial records
Heyman --> Heenan is a senile old fool. Unable to deliver any of the legends
Heenan --> Patterson is the IC champ, but hasn’t taken a steroid test in 30 years
Stooges --> Can Regal be trusted? Paparazzi photos of punching Eugene on Raw

Regal shown in the back with Eddie Guerrero. Eddie; "I've heard the rumours of what Regal did on the other show. But as far as I'm concerned, it doesn’t matter. Everyone deserves a second chance in life. I promises I’ll “Smackdown my vote” on WWE.com for Regal." Regal extends the handshake of friendship.

WEEK SEVEN: the Pay Per View
Presumably, Heenan is overwhelmingly the most popular candidate. To have an audience popping for the guy, but losing the election, would be ridiculous. So the PPV starts with Bobby coming out and withdrawing from the race. [I]“I promised you the Ultimate Warrior, Bret Hart and the Macho Man. But I’ve not been able to get any of them. As I can’t fulfil my manifesto, I can’t sanction standing for election any more. It’s now a three-horse race”.

Throughout the PPV, Michael Cole hints that Vince has rigged the election and the power-mad Chairman will put the Stooges up as his puppet dictators. Tazz suggests it’s a foregone conclusion; Heyman is the most experienced, and he will win.

Before the final match, Vince comes to the ring. Asks for the candidates to come to the ring. Down come Heyman, Regal and the Stooges. Regal is over big time, due to the rub from Eddie and being the only face candidate. Vince gets on the mic; “Congratulations gentlemen, you’ve all put forward a strong case to become the new GM. However, there can only be one. But, every one of the votes cast on WWE.com counts. In the interests of democracy, I’ll list who came first, second and third. Without further ado, in third place, with 14% of the vote, Paul Heyman.

In second place, with 35% of the…

Linda McMahon’s music hits! Linda says “the WWE webmaster <generic name> has informed them of strange things happening to the website. It seems that on Friday night, the votes for Regal were switched to votes for the Stooges.
“That’s ridiculous” . Vince replies. “How could I do that? I’m computer illiterate! You may as well accuse me of starting the SEUS virus”.
Linda; “Who said anything about you doing anything?”
Vince; “…” flustered, Vince leaves the ring
Linda; “Anyway, we promised a GM would be appointed tonight. And we promised they’d be appointed by the fans. So [addressing fans in the arena] it’s up to you. Make noise for the candidate you’d most like to be the new GM… Brisco and Patterson [minimal reaction] or William Regal [arena pops]. I give you your new General Manager… WILLIAM REGAL!”
By now, Regal is over as a massive face.

Main Event: Eddie Guerrero vs. John Bradshaw Layfield
Regal joins Tazz and Cole ringside. He can’t believe he’s been chosen as Smackdown GM! Two weeks ago, he wasn’t even in the brand. Now he’s running the show- it’s such an honour. Eddie comes out, acknowledges Regal at the commentary booth.

Throughout the match, Tazz consistently refers to Eddie as “Regal’s campaign buddy”. The new GM laughs this off, saying Eddie will get no preferential treatment.

After 20 minutes, Eddie has battered JBL. JBL is lying unconscious on the Spanish announcers table. Guerrero signals for the Frog Splash. Eddie climbs to the top turnbuckle, and the fans know what’s coming. He leaps at JBL with his Frog Splash… but Regal wraps a chair around his skull! Eddie falls before the table. His head busted open like at Judgment Day, knocked out cold. Regal helps the similarly immobile JBL back into the ring, where he gets a second successive count-out win over the champ.

Regal takes the mic; “Well, Eddie. You’re quite right. Everyone deserves a second chance. And the WWE deserves a second chance at being good, decent, clean family entertainment. I will not tolerate your lying, cheating and stealing. Your insolence has brought about three changes of General Manager in a year! I won’t suffer a similar fate. From now on, Smackdown will be a well run, respectable wrestling promotion. You may have driven out Kurt Angle, but I won’t be pushed out so easily.”

THE FUTURE OF SMACKDOWN
Regal and Eddie start the (admittedly overused) authority vs. anti-authority feud
But hopefully it will be good as both are excellent on the mic and fresh to high-profile feuds

-Regal promotes Smackdown as a family show [maybe even with a new name?]
-bans swearwords, stops any matches with blood, no skimpy women etc
-Smackdown becomes based on good wrestling, like it was this time last year.
-show becomes cartoony, with crazy gimmicks returning
-Certain wrestlers become disenchanted with Regal [banning swearwords, stopping any matches with blood etc], eventually bringing about the return of ECW, either as a stable or as a third show depending on the success of Regal’s Smackdown

If you’ve got to the end, what do you think? Any feedback would be much appreciated!

Joe Kerr
06-10-2004, 07:58 PM
Mean gene Oakland

Nobody would be cheered more.

Favre4Ever
06-11-2004, 02:50 AM
i think that owen is dead, and if heenan could bring him back, then id wonder why Jesus disguised himself as a wrestling announcer for 50 years.

Your writing mistake aside, i like it.Pretty Cool, Original ideas. But you forget that the Texas Bullrope Match is No Dq. Theres no countout. JBL would have to take the title. And thats original enough that no one should be saying it.

julian gray
06-11-2004, 07:28 PM
i think that owen is dead, and if heenan could bring him back, then id wonder why Jesus disguised himself as a wrestling announcer for 50 years.
Yeah that was supposed to be a joke- Bobby being out of touch with WWE

Your writing mistake aside, i like it.Pretty Cool, Original ideas. But you forget that the Texas Bullrope Match is No Dq. Theres no countout. JBL would have to take the title. And thats original enough that no one should be saying it.
Yup I know, I wrote it about a month ago. Didn't bother re-reading it, but as you say that part makes no sense!