PDA

View Full Version : Anyone remember when RVD...

Batsu
06-10-2004, 02:21 AM
...imitated Ric Flair?

At No Mercy '02. That had some great matches. Taker vs Brock Hell In A Cell, Edge/Mysterio vs. Benoit/Angle...

Corkscrewed
06-10-2004, 02:32 AM
No I don't.

Favre4Ever
06-10-2004, 03:19 AM
I remember the matches. Good matches. Unfortunatly, I also remember RVD's Flair impression. I'll leave it at that.

Champion of Europa
06-10-2004, 03:57 AM
Yeah, I have that PPV on DVD. Good matches, terrible impression.

Aussie Skier
06-10-2004, 04:33 AM
his intimidation was weak.
HBK is number 1 @ it.

shame that, i felt sorry for RVD having to do that...i mean, let his wrestling do the talking

Edge
06-10-2004, 05:07 AM
...imitated Ric Flair?

At No Mercy '02. That had some great matches. Taker vs Brock Hell In A Cell, Edge/Mysterio vs. Benoit/Angle...

I rember that. I got No Mercy 02 out on tape the other day. I would have been able to tell you what he said but I only rented the tape out and I have already givein it back and I can't rember the actual words he said. Sorry

big_bluto
06-10-2004, 08:01 AM
...imitated Ric Flair?

yeah....don't remember that, and I'm a total RVD mark.

Gonna have to watch it this weekend now!
Taker v Brock was quite good as I recall.
Any Angle/Benoit tag team is GOLD!

Will post a 'match-by-match report' of the PPV next week if anyone is interested?

King Jericho
06-10-2004, 08:23 AM
Yeah, thats when his charisma was picking up. Don't see much of RVD or his building Charisma these days. :(

And yeah that event was pretty awesome, and that tag match was AMAZING!

Batsu
06-10-2004, 11:46 PM
Yeah, thats when his charisma was picking up. Don't see much of RVD or his building Charisma these days. :(

And yeah that event was pretty awesome, and that tag match was AMAZING!

That was back when SmackDown! was king...they rarely showed their hind parts at PPVs.

RVD was funny to me during that...I mean, it's RVD. You know it's gonna be bad. But it was so bad...it was good.

While we're on that note... does anyone remember when Chris Benoit...

...went ballistic on the mic and started attacking HHH and Steph vocally following No Mercy '00?

Favre4Ever
06-11-2004, 12:44 AM
HHH vs. Benoit was a nice feud. Great PPV match.

Aussie Skier
06-11-2004, 12:58 AM
was this the event with angle and benoit:

Angle: "I'm not shaking your hand! Tag team partners dont shake hands....they hug. so come on Chris, give me a hug."

HAHAHAH, LOL
that was hilarious

Edge
06-11-2004, 01:01 AM
HHH vs. Benoit was a nice feud. Great PPV match.

HHH won that ppv match didnt he?

Joe Kerr
06-11-2004, 01:13 AM
his intimidation was weak.
HBK is number 1 @ it.

shame that, i felt sorry for RVD having to do that...i mean, let his wrestling do the talking

I dont know The Rock at Wrestlemania XX doing the Flair strut was Hillarious.

Batsu
06-11-2004, 02:15 AM
I dont know The Rock at Wrestlemania XX doing the Flair strut was Hillarious.

Yeah, that one act proved more than anything else that The Rock is more Flair-inspired than one would think. It seemed quite natural.

That RVD bit was hilarious just because...RVD coming out of his "stoner" shell for a brief moment to imitate someone and Ric Flair at that was bound to be awful....but it's great at the same time because of it. It was totally unexpected.

Batsu
06-11-2004, 02:18 AM
HHH won that ppv match didnt he?

Yep. This was back when HHH wasn't stinkin' up shows by zapping all the energy. A lot of people considered that match a MOTY candidate for '00.